• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 813 Views, 41 Comments

Fate's a Funny Thing - Honest Wisdom



Wisdom loves her Family, Even if they're ponies... And a Dragon... And A Draconequus. This is what happens in her New Life as Princess Twilight's Ambassador and Royal explorer.

  • ...
3
 41
 813

Attack on Sombra

I observed the Palace from a distance. After much thinking i decided to stay outside for a while. Sort through things a bit. I pace back and forth on the cloud, trying to think. If what happened in those memories is true than I need to start training my Magic more. Being the Chosen One, tends to get everyone to try and kill you. I giggle a bit then tun serious. But the whole point of my workouts with Discord is to train the Physical not the Magical. If I start practicing magic with him it'll just be stupid, with out a Magic ring he'll just turn me into a bug or something.

I stop pacing as a new thought occurs to me. What if I travel? It made perfect sense, Earth and Air magic required understanding of yourself and the environment you reside. Fire magic needed control and Emotions but those were already in check. Water magic was hard, i never quite got it but with travel and study I might be able to practice and learn more effective ways of using it.

Plus I thought. It wouldn't hurt to fill in some of those blank spaces on the map.

I open my wings to fly in. "But wait..." I stop myself. "How the hell am I going to fund that?" As I contemplated that idea I hardly noticed a black shadow looming over me.

It crashed down on me like a massive wave. I felt like I was drowning, the darkness tightening against my body like a boa constrictor. I gasped and thrashed against the force of the shadow. After a while I began to feel weak and tired. I fell to my knees and collapsed. Before I left the waking world a heard something whisper in my ear. "Sleep... I can't have you interfering in my plans, Now can I?"


I awoke to the sounds of shouts. I try to raise my head but get a splitting headache, The hell? I wasn't drinking last night!... Or was I?

my thoughts were interrupted when I hear a...

CRACK!!! KABOOM!!!!

I instinctively roll in the opposite direction of where the sound came. I was showered by dirt clods and ash. I open my eyes and see the The Crystal guard regrouping for another attack. I follow their eyes and see Shining barking orders. i rise to my claws and limp over to him. "What's going on?"

He looked at me with shock. "What do you mean? Sombra has returned!" He pointed a hoof which I followed. I saw a shadowy barrier over the Palace. "Twilight and Cadence are trapped inside with that... Monster!" Anger clouded his face and his horn sparked. "when I get in there..."

"Calm yourself... Dark magic feeds off negative emotions." I close my eyes and thought of all the happy moments in my life in Equestria. Scoots' first flight, my first flight, all the lessons with Discord and the prank wars against Rainbow and Pinkie. I smile as I walk forward. I open my eyes. He'd need to keep out anypony with negative intent, I have to go in with an open and understanding mind. One more step and I was through.

I continued on, opening the door to the palace, strolling through the empty halls, and keeping a calm and serene shroud. Yes I was angry that he took Twilight, I was ready to rip him to shreds. but negative emotions would only bring more danger. A cloud formed in front of me, taking the shape of a unicorn and eventually a solid form.

"Hello, you must be Sombra." I say calmly, resisting the urge to brush his mane. IT WAS SO PRETTY! *ahem* moving along.

"How did you get past my shield!?!" He snarled. Aaaaannnnd pretty pony mane brushing fantasy ruined.

"Well, if you're going to be like that I'll just leave! And here I was, willing to teach you the secrets of my craft!" His angry look disappeared and was replaced by a look of curiosity. Hook. "Secrets of the universe laid bare for the taking. The power of Gods at your disposal!" Line. "But alas, you have rejected my presence, I must away." I swing around ready to 'leave'.

"Wait!" He reformed in front of me. "Don't go. Teach me." And Sinker, Thank you Rarity.

"We first... you'll need to surrender to mortality."

"What!" He roared. "You're trying to trick me!"

I stick my beak in the air. "Really?" I snap open my wings and release fire magic stored within my body. "And why would I need to do that?" I say using my magic to change the sound of my voice. "I could crush you now, you insolent whelp!" I close my wings and take a 'calming breath'. "Please step out of my way, I've had about enough of this"

I sneak a peak at him. He's awestruck. "Wait." He bowed respectfully. "My apologies. Come with me we have much to discuss."


"You ready?"

"No..."

"Now?"

"Uhhh..."

I placed a claw against his chest. "Now... this spell is necessary fro one to truely grasp the magic i am about to teach you. I ask again, Are you ready?"

"Yes." I grinned.Good, good. I send magic through his body, I wrap my mind around his heart and look within. While what I said was not entirely true, gryphons do need a clean state when learning magic. I just can't wait to see the look on his face...

His body begins to shrink as I burn away the corruption, the smokey magic dissipates and his horn begins to take a shape more like a normal Unicorn's, the color fading into black. Eventually I pull away my claw and grin. "How do you feel?"

"I feel..." He squeaks. His eyes snap open, now an adorable green. "What in the name of Discord?" He galloped over to the mirror. "I'm a Foal!"

I can't hold it back anymore and gawff. He growls and tries to cast a counter spell. "You're too young to cast spells, and aren't you adorable!" I scoop him up and start tickling him with the knuckles of my claws. He struggles and giggles adorably. I coo over him for a few minutes before Twilight and Cadence rush in. "Hey Twi! Look a foal!" I hold him up for all to see.

"I'm the King of shadows! I am the darkness that flies through the night, I'm your worst nightmare brought to life!" Cadence joins me in cooing over baby Sombra. He was not happy about it. "What are you doing!?! Tremble before me!"

"He's so fluffy!" we ignore him and fawn relentlessly. we turn to each other and grin evilly. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"He does deserve it."

"To the Carousel Boutique!" We say I unison as I teleport three of us away.

Author's Note:

Fluffy Baby Sombra is Fluffy