• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 813 Views, 41 Comments

Fate's a Funny Thing - Honest Wisdom



Wisdom loves her Family, Even if they're ponies... And a Dragon... And A Draconequus. This is what happens in her New Life as Princess Twilight's Ambassador and Royal explorer.

  • ...
3
 41
 813

RUN!

"Don't... move... a muscle." I felt Blueblood stiffen next to me. I kept steady eye contact with the creature. It was easily 30 feet tall, bipedial with long forarms that nearly scrapped the earth. It's muzzle lowered and sniffed me. I barely noticed since I was too distracted by the sharp spines along it's back. It cocked it's head to the side and I looked into the silvery orb. It's lips peeled back slowly to reveal dripping fangs longer than my foreleg. "When I give the signal... Run and don't look back."

"What about you?" he whispered.

"Don't worry about it." I slowly unfurled my wings and channeled some magic into them, pulling from my own reserves and not from the earth. The Creature roared in my face. "RUN!!!" I formed the magic and sent a ball of flame down it's throat. It screeched and coughed out smoke and blood.

Blueblood turned and galloped back the way we came. The thing looked up and started to run after him; deciding that I'm not worth the effort. I fly ahead of it and send a blast of high density air magic at it's eye. It stumbles away and screeches. I smirk, unaware of the massive tail that's sailing towards me. It smacks into me and throws me into the trunk of the tree.

I struggle to stand and watch the creature begin chasing Bluey again. I try to open my wings and find that one was broken. Growling, I took off on foot. I dodged the thrashing tail and clawed feet and jumped onto the leg. Sinking my talons into the flesh I dragged them down purposefully. The creature screeched again and tried to shake me from it's leg. the foreleg reached back and grabbed me. I thrashed and clawed against it's grip.

It dangled me above it's mouth and opened it's fanged mouth. I screamed as it released me. My functioning wing flapped uselessly and my healing magic sparked, attempting to heal the unset bone as it was. Something caught me and pulled me away from my doom. The jaws snapped shut, clipping a few hairs from my tail. It's eye zeroed in on me.

"H-Help." I muttered. the jaws opened again and snatched me from my saviors grip. I screamed from the pain of it's teeth tearing through my flesh. The jaws opened and I started to slip down it's throat. I sank my claws into the flesh in a last ditch effort. If I die you're coming with me.


I cracked open my eyes to see green. Just... green everywhere. I turned my head to the side and saw a small fire and a white Unicorn. I coughed. "What happened?"

He poked at the fire. "Well after that... thing swallowed you it collapsed. I managed to pry open it's jaws and found you practically swimming in it's blood. Completely ruined my coat. I fished you out and brought you to a river. I cleaned out your wounds and wrapped you up with some leaves and vines. For some reason some of the animals were kind enough to point out which were fit to eat and which weren't. there are some very peculiar creatures here and the few that want to eat us have stayed away after you killed that thing."

I look at my wing. closing my eyes my magic surged up obediently like a well trained puppy. I directed it through my wing and hissed in pain. The magic wove through my body stitching up wounds and cleaning up the shredded parts of my body. it wasn't very hard since Blueblood did a pretty good job for a rookie. "This might just become a regular occurrence. You should spend some time with the medic you do good work." I rasp through the pain.

"thanks." He grabbed a leaf covered with fruit in his levitation and set it in front of me. "You should eat."

"What about you?"

He waves a hoof. "I had plenty, You haven't eaten all day."

I pick up a fruit and recognize it instantly. "Mangoes!" I swiftly slice off the skin and take a bite. "I luv teese tings!"

Blueblood smiled. "Yes, they're quite good. I wasn't expecting to find any but I found quite a few of them."

I lick up the juice that dribbled down the side of my beak. "Deliciously messy. Worth it!"

We sit there in silence, Me devouring fruits and Blue making notes. "Hey blue." He looked up from his journal. I smile. "Thanks for saving me... And for the mangoes, I haven't had any in months."

He smiled back. "You're quite welcome, I don't think any of the foals would forgive me if I let you die anyway."

"Yeah, they love me." I smile and look up at the sky. A small patch of sky was visible and the stars twinkled merrily. we lapse back into silence but this time it feels more comfortable.

Author's Note:

This scene was important. it was supposed to show Wisdom in a situation where she couldn't win and sort of tone her down a bit. Also Wisdom likes mangoes, Who doesn't!