• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 816 Views, 41 Comments

Fate's a Funny Thing - Honest Wisdom



Wisdom loves her Family, Even if they're ponies... And a Dragon... And A Draconequus. This is what happens in her New Life as Princess Twilight's Ambassador and Royal explorer.

  • ...
3
 41
 816

Dragons and Foals and Hatchlings, Oh My!

The dragon rubbed his wrists and walked over to the children. I break the chains off of the wall and he starts to break the cuffs. I whisper soothing words to the trembling children. One of the Hatchlings clings to my foreleg. I stroke his feathers. "Shhh... You're safe now." I looked at the Dragon "I'll teleport you all back to the ship. Tell Grease Stain that Bluey and I are comeing."

He nods and I begin to wrap the spell around them. A loud battle cry sounds through the room and a gryphon runs at us, battle ax raised. Before I can divert some of my magic to deal with the intruder a plank snaps out and smacks him in the face. One of the Unicorns horn was glowing with a pale green aura. She looked up at me with a fearful look in her eyes. I nodded and continued the spell.

I felt a pang in my chest. The magic faltered and I felt my magic grow. it happened again, and again. I screamed and tried to stop it. I looked up at the Dragon. "It's not going to work, Go!" he started to usher the children out of the room, Another wave of magic crashed down on me. My eyes felt like the were burning and I itched to release it all. It was the complete opposite of the Tirek incident.

Once the foals were gone I felt like my skull was cracking open. I released a powerful screech and my magic tore through the hull of the ship. I stepped through the hole and felt the cold splashes of rain against my hot flesh. I willed all of the foals, the two dragons and Blueblood back to the ship. I tucked away my wings and jumped.

As I fell a watched the storm dissipate and a final lightning bolt strike the balloon of the airship. I looked forward to connecting with the cool water below, my magic kept sparking out of control and my Wings began to burn.


I groaned and cracked open my eyes. Looking around I saw some of the Hatchlings and Blueblood. "Hey," I rasped. "Mind telling me what in Tartarus happened?"

"You blew up the airship than collapsed from magic exhaustion. A rather impressive display." He said. One of the Unicorn foals nuzzled him. He returned the gesture with a faint smile.

"Shit, that was me?" I grin. "Sweet."

"We had to fish you out of the ocean. Well, Greenscale did. He said something about Dragon Code."

"The Dragon? He still around?" Instinct made me wrap my wings around the Hatchlings. The tiny bundles of muscles and magic came closer, seeking the protection of the flock. some purred happily, others cheeped in contentedness. I settle deeper into the nest of hatchlings.

"Of course. We're miles away from any land in any direction. Other than a few barren islands there's nothing." He seemed a bit miffed. "I can't believe we signed up for a year of this."

I study his dejected expression and sigh. "Use the mirror. tap the gem and ask to see somepony," I close my eyes. the comfort of having hatchlings and foals nearby settled in and soothed the churning magic inside. I noticed that there was a great deal more than before. Beginning my meditation I looked deeper into myself, my magic was once no more than a simple well with a limited supply at all times. Now it felt like an endless ocean that churned and splashed wildly and was barely contained.

My conscience sank into the ocean, no need for air, I swam deeper and deeper looking for the end. after swimming for what felt like hours I noticed that it wasn't ever going to end and I knew why. Some how I'd tapped into the world's magic, literally an endless supply of magic in my claws. I let myself return to the waking world.

As I opened my eyes I looked into the eyes of a pearly white hatchling with striking gold eyes. They cocked their head to the side. "Why did you help us?"

I blink. "What?"

"If you helped us you must want something." she crossed her forelegs. "What do you want?"

I smiled and patted her head. "You're a protector. That's good, it means you've formed bonds with your Flock members. I don't want anything, I just didn't like that the bad people were using you. What's your name?"

"Snowy Pearl." She mutters. "I'm really good at water magic."

"That's good. Back home I have a ton of books on the subject that I can't make heads or tails of." The idea of learning more magic seemed to appeal to her. "Maybe when we get back I can show you." I nuzzled her and she purred. I looked up to see Blueblood asleep at the mirror. i leap over and bring him over. The hatchlings and foals giggle and climb over us. we formed a big pile of ponies and gryphons. i smiled. I was a part of Two growing Flocks.

Author's Note:

Next chapter; LAND HO!!!!