• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 5,429 Views, 137 Comments

Flutterbat's Return - Raidah



After being cured by Twilight's spell and creating the bat sanctuary in the apple orchard, Fluttershy learns that she still has some bat blood inside her. And that the bat side of her is thirsty. So thirsty...

  • ...
18
 137
 5,429

Chapter 7: Let it Flow

Flutterbat eyed her cowering prey from the ceiling, dropping the now dead stallion to the floor below her. She watched as the midnight black mare below her attempted to wake up her lover, but to no avail.

She dropped to the floor and landed on her hooves in front of the grieving mare. She looked down on her sobbing form for several seconds before the mare met her eyes. In the two bright red irises there was only one question; "Why?" Flutterbat answered by tackling the mare to the ground, her mane spreading on the floor behind her. She looked at the vampire standing over her, fear coursing through her veins.

"It's alright, Night Rain," Flutterbat said, even though Night didn't understand a word of it. All she heard were several hisses and growls.

Flutterbat then lowered herself on to Night and looked into her bright red eyes, staring her into submission. Night couldn't look away, and she was already petrified beyond movement. She only watched silently as Flutterbat sunk her teeth into the side of her neck, and started draining her blood away.


"Are you sure this is where she is?" Twilight asked, looking at the stallion questioningly. They had run into him on their search and they had asked him if they had seen Fluttershy. He said yes and told them where he saw her go, bringing them to their friends' house.

"Yup," he nodded, his light blue mane falling over his orange eyes. "I was actually on my way over here when she sped right past me. Nearly knocked me over."

"Alright, thanks for the help, mister...?" Twilight started.

"Ace," he said, "call me Ace."

"Okay, Ace. Thanks for the help."

"No problem, but I'm going in with you, so," he said.

"Why?" Twilight asked.

"Why do you think? I was coming over here to see my friend and his marefriend. For all I know they could be in danger!" Ace explained.

"Alright," Twilight said. "Rarity, are you ready?"

Rarity nodded, staring nervously at the house. She swallowed the lump in her throat and stepping toward the door shakily.

"You okay, Rarity?" Twilight asked.

"I'm fine, darling," Rarity replied shakily, "what makes you think something's wrong?"

"You look nervous, and I mean more nervous than you normally would be with something like this." Twilight said, genuine concern in her voice. "If something's bothering you just tell me."

Rarity looked at Twilight, fear and concern in her eyes. "I'm fine." She said again, turning to the door and putting her hoof on the handle.

Twilight walked up to Rarity and put a hoof on her shoulder. "Rarity, something's wrong, I can feel it. Just tell me," she said, trying to get Rarity to face her.

Rarity kept avoiding Twilight's gaze, her eyes looking anywhere but at Twilight. She turned the handle of the door and stepped inside the dark house, shaking Twilight away in the process. Twilight cast a worried glance at her friend before exchanging a look with Ace and following Rarity inside. The hallway was, as could be seen, extremely dark. But it was still in relative order. The framed photos on the walls still hanging there, the little table next to the stairs with a lamp on it. The three heard noises from upstairs, and Twilight took the lead. Slowly, she crept up the stairs, Rarity and Ace following her lead and trying to stay quiet. The stairs creaked quietly as the three ponies carefully ascended them, but they weren't loud enough to cause alarm. Twilight reached the top and motioned for the others to wait there.

She stepped into the short hallway and crept down to the left. She made her way to the first door in the hall on the right and motioned for Ace and Rarity to move up. They did quietly and met her at the door, Ace standing opposite Twilight and Rarity. Twilight looked at them both before turning the handle and slowly pushing the door open with a dull creak. She poked her head around the door once there was enough space and her jaw dropped as she saw what--or who--was inside. She drew her head back slowly and released her breath, which she didn't realize she was holding. Rarity looked at her worriedly and Ace did questioningly.

"What did you see?" He asked.

"Look for yourself," Twilight said.

Cautiously, Ace stuck his head through the crack and saw what Twilight did. Flutterbat was there, and so were her prey. A once bright red but now pale stallion with a blond mane--known better to Ace as Sharp, his longtime best friend and comrade-- was lying in a pool of his own blood while Flutterbat was draining another mare inside the room. The mare's blood seeping out of her neck where the vampire's teeth were currently inserted. Her bright red eyes caught Ace looking in, and she looked at him hopefully. He slowly drew his head back and looked at Twilight.

"She's in there all right..." He muttered to Rarity, who's ears perked up at hearing that. "But," he continued, "it's not very safe to go in there right now."

Rarity looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"I mean you're probably going to get yourself killed if you go in there," he said, "she's... feeding..."

Rarity's pupils shrank, cold sweat forming on her brow as she heard that. "Maybe I could-"

"No, Rarity. He's right," Twilight said.

"Please, Twilight! Let me try and talk to her. If I fail then so be it. But I will not stand idle while my best friend is in there hurting other ponies!" Rarity said, lightly stomping her hoof on the floor to prove her point. "And there's nothing you can do to stop me."

"Alright," Twilight sighed, "but you'd better come back in five minutes!"

"Thank you, Twilight," Rarity said before slowly opening the door. She stepped inside and saw Sharp's corpse on the floor. Stepping around him, she cautiously approached Fluttershy who was still sucking the blood out of the black coated mare.

"F-fluttershy?" She started. "It's me, Rarity."

Fluttershy released her grip on the mare's neck and let her drop to the floor, landing with a dull thud. She struggled to breathe, and her face was extremely pale. She shot a warning glance at Rarity before Fluttershy turned to face her. Only it wasn't Fluttershy, her wings were all leathery and her ears were elongated. When she opened her mouth Rarity could see the rows of razor sharp teeth within. She took in a shaky breath as Flutterbat fully faced her, anger in her glowing red eyes.

"Don't y-you recognize me?" She asked.

Flutterbat took one step towards her, and Rarity took one step back. She kept backing away as Flutterbat advanced until she bumped into the wall. She pressed her back against the wall and landed on her rump as Flutterbat closed the distance between them, still staring into Rarity's terrified sapphire eyes.

"F-Fluttershy?" Rarity whispered.

Flutterbat lunged a hoof at Rarity's neck, pinning her to the wall. Rarity grasped at her leg, trying to pry it off of her, to no avail. She was completely at Flutterbat's mercy. She looked at the monster that used to be her friend and longtime crush fearfully.

"Fluttershy," she croaked under the choking hold of her friend, "what happened to you?"

Flutterbat simply leaned forward slightly, their muzzles mere inches apart now. She lowered her eyelids slightly and leaned closer, their lips mere centimetres apart. Without second thought, she closed the distance and kissed Rarity flat on the lips. Rarity, who was terrified beyond recognition, had a glimmer of hope spark inside of her when she felt Fluttershy's soft lips pressed against her own. She closed her eyes and kissed her back, unsure of what else to do.

Flutterbat broke away from the kiss to look Rarity in the eyes one more time, and quickly went to her neck. She positioned her longest two fangs over where Rarity's jugular veins would be, and plunged them into the soft flesh of her neck. Rarity's eyes went wide with shock and pain, but her vision quickly faded to black as Fluttershy drained the blood out of her.

Author's Note:

Completely on schedule... Somehow... I am, however, going to be away next week so expect chapter 8 to be out on the 30th. That's all I have to say, have a good one!

-Devs