• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 5,451 Views, 137 Comments

Flutterbat's Return - Raidah



After being cured by Twilight's spell and creating the bat sanctuary in the apple orchard, Fluttershy learns that she still has some bat blood inside her. And that the bat side of her is thirsty. So thirsty...

  • ...
18
 137
 5,451

Chapter 6: First Blood

She opened her eyes slowly, still half asleep in the dimly lit room. She could just make out the single lightbulb on the white ceiling above her as she stretched her front legs out. She let them collapse beside her and looked to her right, expecting to see her coltfriend, but finding only empty sheets. She could hear something shuffling behind her, but when she turned around she saw nothing, only the wall, window and a few framed photos that hung on the wall.

She pushed a few cyan strands of her mane out of her eyes and sat up, letting it fall in front of her face again. The dark purple stripe in the middle landing on her muzzle while the thin stripe of red landed to the right of it. She rubbed her midnight black hooves over her bright red eyes as she yawned quietly. Taking her hooves from her face, she scanned the room. Empty except for her.

"Sharp?" she mumbled groggily. "You up?"

She was answered by silence, whatever had been moving had stopped and she could hear her own heartbeat accelerating.

"Hello?" she said fearfully.

It was then that she realized that there was a puddle of red on the floor, and that the source was still dripping down to it. She looked up and saw her friend, Fluttershy, hanging there. Facing the ceiling and holding something up. What was worse, was what she was holding up. It was Sharp. Blood was dripping down around Fluttershy's head from her mouth where she was biting Sharp's neck.

She let out a short shriek before putting a hoof over her mouth. She looked up at his lifeless eyes, begging him to wake up or for this to be a dream of some kind. She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, hoping that once she opened them she would wake up from a horrible nightmare. She opened her eyes but still nothing had changed. Tears started forming at the corners of her eyes as the gravity of the situation sunk in. Sharp, the one stallion that she had loved, was dead or dying by Fluttershy's hoof. The blood being slowly sucked out of him and all she could do was watch in horror. She put her hooves over her eyes and began to sob into them loudly. Unable to stop the waves of heartbreak as they hit home, and her world collapsed around her.


"Fluttershy!" Twilight yelled, galloping through the streets of Ponyville with Rarity at her side. The pair had been running for hours on end, taking up the majority of the night trying to find her.

"Oh where could she be?" Rarity wondered aloud. "It's bad enough I haven't seen her for a few days but this is getting out of hoof."

"Wait, you haven't seen her recently?" Twilight asked.

"I'm afraid not, I tried to go see her but she wouldn't answer the door, and when I tried to open it it was locked. All the doors were," Rarity explained.

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find her," Twilight reassured.

"I hope so, I had planned to ask her something," Rarity said.

Twilight opened her mouth to ask what it was, but let it slide since it was probably personal. Instead she kept running alongside her friend, eager to find Fluttershy. They ran in silence for several more minutes before Rarity stopped them, looking at Twilight with a questioning glance.

"Twilight, don't you have a spell that can locate somepony's heartbeat?" she asked.

"Maybe, but I'm not sure it'll work. It's still just an experiment," Twilight said.

"I see..." Rarity said dully. "Do you think you could give it a try?"

Twilight thought for a second about it. It was a good idea, but it wasn't perfected nor was it very stable. It took very precise concentration and if there were even a slight distraction...

"No," Twilight said. "I can't do it. It's too risky. How it locates them isn't very safe."

"How isn't it?"

"The magic wraps around their heart and uses distance relative to my location. If I get distracted it could kill whoever I'm looking for," Twilighe explained.

Rarity nodded her head slowly, understanding what Twilight was saying, and closed her eyes. Taking in a long, deep breath, then exhaling. Trying to calm herself down. "Well," she started, "better keep looking."


The pair rose from the straw covered ground together, intent on staying in each other's company. One was still getting used to her new limbs, while the other was just happy that they could be together forever now.

Along with the wings, Applejack found that her muscle mass had become much more resilient. Increasing her endurance greatly. She wondered what it would do for them in the sack, but she was still a bit weak and leaned on Rainbow for support. Rainbow Dash found this amusing, seeing as how only a few days ago the opposite was true and she had been needing Applejack for support. Her smile quickly faded, however, when thoughts of Applejack's family came to her mind. How were they going to tell them?

Applejack noticed her lover's distraught expression, and was quick to look her in the eyes.

"Somethin' wrong, hun?" she asked.

"Well, I guess you could say that," Rainbow replied.

"Whaddya mean?" Applejack asked, curious and a little concerned for Rainbow.

"It's just... How are we gonna tell your family?" Rainbow blurted out.

Applejack looked at her longingly before saying, "I don't think we can..."

"What do you mean?" was Rainbow's response.

"Well, we don't really have many options. We already know they won't understand us. Plus Granny'd prob'ly have a heart attack jus' lookin' at us." She smiled at the thought. "And I don't know what they'd think of you, either. I don' want 'em separatin' us just because ya couldn't stand ta be without me."

"Right..." Rainbow agreed.

"But, let's not worry about that just now," Applejack said, wrapping a wing around Rainbow affectionately. "We got other things ta think about."

"Such as?" Rainbow asked, lowering her eyelids and raising a brow.

"Oh you know already," Applejack said, tackling the former pegasus and pinning her to the ground.

Their lips found each other and their tongues danced around each other, neither one wanting to break apart from this moment. Applejack repositioned herself so she was straddling Dash's hips. She broke the kiss to look her lover in the eyes, both sets of ruby reds staring into each other's hearts. Challenging one another to press forward. It was Rainbow who brought their lips together again, and they went at it.

Author's Note:

I promised weekly updates and I intend to follow through. Happy shipping!