• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 5,451 Views, 137 Comments

Flutterbat's Return - Raidah



After being cured by Twilight's spell and creating the bat sanctuary in the apple orchard, Fluttershy learns that she still has some bat blood inside her. And that the bat side of her is thirsty. So thirsty...

  • ...
18
 137
 5,451

Chapter 10: Fight or Flight

"AJ?"

"Yea'?"

"I'm thirsty."

"Then git up and get somethin' yerself."

"Okay..."

She got up off of the bed and groggily walked out of the room and into the dark hallway, taking the left that led to the stairs. She slowly descended and headed for the fridge, hoping to find the large jug of water they had stored there. She opened the fridge and pulled the half empty jug out. She placed it on the counter while she hovered a few inches above the ground so she could reach the cupboard, and then landed as quietly as she could on her hooves. She poured some of the water into her glass and began to thirstily drink from it, draining it in several seconds, but that did nothing to quell her thirst. Soon came a second glass, and then a third, but she was still thirsty.

She then heard the light clopping of hooves coming down the stairs, and turned around to see Apple Bloom coming down, half awake. She must not have known that Dash was there, so Rainbow thought she'd play a little trick on the young filly. She quietly crept up behind Apple Bloom as she cleared the stairs and headed for the fridge--she probably had the same reason as Dash for getting up--and reared up on her hind legs. As soon as Apple Bloom turned around, she shrieked in terror at the look on Rainbow's face. Rainbow Dash tried her best to stifle her laughter at the filly's reaction, but ended up on the ground, clutching her sides and laughing her head off.

Apple Bloom slowly regained her composure and looked down on the giggling vampony on the floor. "That's not funny, Rainbow Dash," she said seriously.

"Hehe, yeah it is," Rainbow said, but remembered that Apple Bloom couldn't understand her. She got to her hooves after catching her breath and looked at Apple Bloom, something clicking inside her. If water wouldn't satisfy her thirst... what about blood? She was a vampire pony after all.

She looked at Apple Bloom again, this time with thirst in her eyes. She began a low hunter's crawl towards the filly, her mouth dripping saliva on to the floor. Apple Bloom backed away slowly as Rainbow crawled towards her, fear starting to creep down her spine.

"R-Rainbow Dash?" Apple Bloom stuttered out, her rear hitting the wall as she continued to back into it.

But Rainbow wasn't there, she was overcome with predator instinct, and Apple Bloom was her prey. The filly shuddered in fear, using her forehooves to cover her face as Rainbow now stood over her, staring down at her with hungry eyes. Rainbow started to lower her head towards the filly, but then she heard a door opening upstairs, followed by hoofsteps heading for the stairway. She looked to the stairs to see Applejack coming down, slowly and tiredly.

"Rainbow, what are ya-" Applejack started, but the words caught in her throat when she saw her lover standing over her little sister like that. "Hey, what the hell is goin' on?!" She spat out.

Rainbow then shook her head several times and looked around, completely dazed. "Wha-what...?" she said.

Apple Bloom looked up at her sister and a small smile of hope formed on her face. She quickly crawled away from the confused Rainbow Dash and stood behind her big sister. Rainbow then turned around and looked at Applejack questioningly.

"Uhh, AJ? How did I get downstairs...?"

Rarity watched as Flutterbat held the black mare down and bit into her neck. Rarity didn't know why, she just sat there and watched as the mare's struggling gradually slowed down before stopping. Flutterbat then let go of the mare, who got up shakily. She opened her eyes and found them glowing red, which they weren't before, and she looked around the room, searching for something that Rarity would never know.

Flutterbat then turned to her and looked at her dully, clearly drained of energy from whatever she had just done to the mare. She slowly stepped towards Rarity and sat down in front of her, the same unreadable expression on her face as when she returned from wherever she was before. She looked Rarity over before nodding slightly to herself. Rarity didn't say anything, she was too weak to speak anymore, and looked at Flutterbat weakly. She could feel her pulse slowing down, which wasn't good. Flutterbat clearly saw this as well, and gently lowered her head to Rarity's neck.

"This may hurt a little," she whispered before sinking her teeth into Rarity's neck and performing... something.

Rarity didn't know what was being done to her, but she could feel her muscles having spasms and a strange feeling appeared in her gut. After about three minutes Flutterbat let go of her neck and collapsed next to her, either unable to finish what she was doing or she had finished within an inch of her life. Whatever the case, Rarity now felt invigorated and quickly stood up beside the panting vampire that used to be her best friend. She looked down on the weakened Flutterbat, and saw her staring right back. Rarity couldn't stand to see Fluttershy like this, and layed down next to the prone vampire and draped a wing around her.

"I'll stay till you get your strength back, Fluttershy," Rarity said softly, nuzzling Flutterbat's forehead lightly. She considered kissing her forehead, but decided that it probably wouldn't be a very good idea. So she just let Flutterbat rest.

Twilight sat inside Sugarcube Corner along with Ace and Pinkie Pie, the night never seemed to be getting any closer to ending. She tried to sleep, but found that she couldn't or else be tortured with nightmares about her friends. The latest involved being in Rarity's place while Fluttershy drained the life out of her, that was not fun. After that, she couldn't sleep at all. Ace had managed to doze off, but Twilight could hear him talking in his sleep, and she could see the sweat dripping down his face as his own bad dreams assaulted him.

The only other pony awake was Pinkie Pie, who was seated next to Twilight in the booth, keeping an eye on her alicorn friend. Twilight appreciated that, she needed somepony around otherwise she'd go insane.

"Twilight..." Pinkie started, "what happened to our friends?"

Twilight was about to speak, but the words caught in her throat as she thought about what had happened over the last few days. A few tears made their way from her eyes as she remembered that she would never see any of them again, and she let her head droop at the thought.

Pinkie gently wrapped her legs around Twilight as she started to cry, pulling her purple friend close as her final defense broke and she collapsed into a fit of sobs.

"I'm sorry, Twilight... I shouldn't have brought it up," Pinkie apologized, and then she did something that Twilight never saw coming: she kissed her on the cheek.

It was only a gentle kiss, but it still happened. Twilight's mind went blank for a second, but then she continued to cry into her friend's shoulder, wrapping her legs around Pinkie as well as she cried.

Author's Note:

There's the start of your TwiPie. Merry Friday. Also more Flarity (technically)! So, yay! Hope you enjoyed this one!