• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 891 Views, 49 Comments

Blood Loss - scamp7676



Blood Drop has always been strange to the other citizens of midnight, a small town in the kingdom of nightingale. she has odd coloring, preferrs to be alone, oh and is an alicorn. thing were pretty normal, until she got her cutie mark.....

  • ...
38
 49
 891

Prologue

Prologue

The shadows lay thick against the castle walls. The huge stone palace rose up against the night sky, a black silhouette against the blue. The entire structure was made of onyx, one of the kingdom's most prized minerals.The towers pointed to the clouds above, the spires adorned with silver flags.

On one of the balconies a black alicorn with purple swirls up her long legs and a flowing, purple mane made her way across it and out into the night. There was no moonlight or starlight tonight, at least, not yet. The little white specks in the sky sat there, just as dull and motionless as the moon. Very few ponies outside of the kingdom of Nightingale knew that the moon and stars did not have their own light, but insted were given it by the Queen. It was her talent, giving light to the stars and moon so they may illuminate the night skies. It was something she enjoyed very much, for it brought happiness to her subjects, and would soon bring delight to her first born daughter.

She lit up her tall, smooth horn with it's signature, silver glow and focused on the spell at hoof. Her magic glowed brighter and brighter, eminating the silver glow outwards. Sparks flew from her horn as she drew more power from within herself, squeezing her purple eyes shut. With a blinding flash, a beam of pure silvery-white energy shot into the sky, hitting the moon and bouncing between stars until every single on was filled with her light. They shone brighter than they should for a moment, then dulled back down to a soft glow.

"Moonswirl, you should rest," a stallion's voice said from behind her. The black alicorn turned away from the beautiful scenery below her and smiled at him. Behind her stood a tall, dark blue pegasus with soft yellow eyes and a short, silver mane. His hight rivialed her own, but just barely.

"Then who would bring light to Luna's moon?" Moonswirl asked her husband. "Certainly you would not want the night of our daughter's birth to go without the beautiful glow of the stars?"

"Indeed," he said nuzzling her," but she also needs her mother to be strong, now doesn't she? It would be a shame if she wasn't fit enough to name her own daughter in the morning."

Moonswirl sighed. "You are right, Nightgazer," she said with defeat.

"As usual," Nightgazer chuckled. "Now come inside. It cold out, and you've done your duty to our subjects tonight."

She followed him inside with a nudge and a giggle.

============ Meanwhile deeper in the castle==========

Crystal Fracture slunk through the corridors with extra care. She was on a mission tonight, one that she couldn't afford to mess up. She had snuck into the black palace before, but that was when the guards hadn't been doubled. Queen Moonswirl hadn't been lieing when she had said her foal would be safe. Fracture had spent half the night just trying to avoid the stallions as they roamed the halls. Lucky for her, she had spent years doing stuff like this!

No matter though, because she was going to get her revenge on the Queen tonight for taking her stallion. Nightgazer had loved Fracture before Moonswirl had come to town. The Queen had been just a Princess the first time they met, but she stole Night's heart away from Fracture just the same. Now Fracture wanted to make her feel the same heartbreak she felt, by stealing the new Princess. Moonswirl would know how much she hurt her then when the Queen awoke to find her precious foal gone!

The sound of hoof steps echoed off the walls infront of her. The blue pegasus swept her cloak back to reveal her wings before taking flight. Her wings made no sound as she flew above the guards. She came to a halt again when she had passed them by. As Fracture touched down again on the smooth marble floor, a pair of cherry oak doors rose up in front of her. Painted on the doors was a red ruby that reflected the moonlight like it was real. Fracture snorted quietly with amusement. I wonder how much that costed her? It's not like it will matter thought anyway.

She shook away her thoughts and placed a hoof on the door. With a push, they swung open slowly. A watery, colored light fell across her. Light from the moon poured through a stained glass window that showed another ruby. Of course she had a glass window put in. Fracture thought with an eye roll.

Her hooves tapped lightly on the polished floor as she entered the large nursery. She passed a crown in a glass case, a few toys here and there, even an entire two story book case! Fracture ignored all these luxeries as she came to a stop in front of a crib. She pushed back her hood and rose up on her back legs to peer over the edge. Laying snuggly in the soft pillows was a little red filly with a horn and wings. An alicorn. Fracture pondered for a moment how that was possible when Nightgazer was a pegasus, but dismissed it for her to look into later. She didn't really care about that anyway, all that mattered was the filly was there.

Fracture reached down into the crib and wrapped her hooves around the child. She started to lift her out of the crib when the foal let out an ear splitting wail. Fracture nearly dropped the baby with fright. Her crystal blue eyes widened as the filly cried out, her screams echoing through the halls.

"Shhh!" She frantically hushed the child.

Too late. The sound of galloping, shouting guards reached her ears.Fracture pulled her hood back up and thrust her muzzle into a pocket on the underside of her cloak while still clutching the foal to her chest. She pulled out a small bottle filled with a glowing, lime green liquid. Just as the first grey stallion appeared around the corner, Fracture flashed a smile and threw the bottle at the wall with the window.

The glass bottle smashed open and exploded with a deafening Boom!

===========Back in the Royal Bedroom===========

Moonswirl and Nightgazer awoke with a start just as the sound of the explosion rang out. They both jumped out of the bed and bolted out of the room. Moonswirl opened her large wings a started flying down the hallway. Nightgazer slowly fell behind until she was far ahead of him. She weaved around corners and through hall until she burst past the wall of guards. What she saw next shocked her though.

Standing in the middle of a blasted out wall, stood a mare with Moonswirl's child on her back and a wild grin plastered on her hidden face. The mare flicked out her wings before looking at Moonswirl with hatred filled, crystal blue eyes.

"Stop, foal-knapper!" Moonswirl cried, rushing forward. But she wasn't fast enough.

The mare laughted and hurled herself out of the hole with the filly in hoof, taking off into the night. Moonswirl ordered the guards to pursue her. All the pegasi followed the mystyrious mare out into the cool night just as Nightgazer arrived.

Moonswirl collapsed onto the floor, weeping. Nightgazer hugged her tightly, telling her it would be ok. But she didn't listen. Her foal was gone, and the worse part was, she didn't even get to give her a name.........

Author's Note:

Please tell me what you think about my first chapter!
What some of the charaters look like, just so you know:

Crystal Fracture- http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2324181&p=73025406&hilit=Crystal+Fracture#p73025406

Moonswirl: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1874410