• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,515 Views, 12 Comments

Alternatives - Shock__Wave



What do you do when you look around, and your home isn't your home?

  • ...
3
 12
 1,515

the king has arrived

Rainbow Dash had just finished her third hay burger when Discord finally spoke.
"So since we're here, do you wanna get to know each other better?"
Rainbow finished chewing and then swallowed. "If it'll pass the time. What do you want to know?"
"Well," Discord scratched the back of his mane. "What do you do for fun?"
"I love to fly. If I could fly forever, I would! The rush of the wind through my mane and tail! It's the most amazing feeling in all of Equestria!"
"That sounds like a lot of fun." Discord smiled.
"What about you Chao? What do you do for fun?"
"Well I like some good chao-" He caught himself. "I love racing and studying magic."
Rainbow laughed. "You're sounding more and more like Twilight."
"Tell me about your friends." Discord said casually.
"Well, Twilight Sparkle is a total egghead and loves to study, shes absolutely amazing with magic, and she introduced me to Daring Doo, which is this amazing book series about a brave pegasus who goes on amazing adventures!" She blushed. "Sorry. I can get carried away."
Discord waved his hoof. "It's okay. Continue."
"Well," She continued. "There's Rarity, the best clothing designer ever. At least in my opinion. She's very generous and she owns that boutique over there." Rainbow gestured. "And Fluttershy takes care of the animals around here, like she can totally talk to them. She's a very kind pegasus."
Discord smiled, reminiscing good memories with Fluttershy.
"Applejack works on her farm, Sweet apple acres. Shes the most dependable pony around. She never lies to anypony. Finally there's Pinkie Pie. The craziest party pony. She always makes me laugh and she's great at pranks too." Tears rose to her eyes. "I miss them all so much."
Discord patted her shoulder. "There, there. Don't cry. We'll be out of here in no time."
They heard hoof steps out in the town. Rainbow wiped her eyes and jumped into an offensive stance. "Who's there? Show yourself!"
'If it isn't the king.' Discord thought.
"It's me, Som. I'm unarmed!" He stepped into view, holding up a hoof. "I come in peace."
Rainbow narrowed her eyes. "Well i guess since you're stuck here with us, i suppose i can trust you." she smiled, holding out her hoof. "I'm sorry for the way i acted before. I'm just so scared."
Sombra shook her hoof. "It's alright. I was scared too. Nearly zapped Chao over there into a million pieces." He looked to Discord. "Sorry, by the way."
He shrugged. "Don't worry about it."
Rainbow sat down. "Do either of you know a spell to walk on clouds?" She asked.
Discord shook his head.
"I do." Som said, raising his hoof.
"Okay. you're coming with me to Cloudsdale." I don't want to be alone while i go grab something."
Sombra nodded.
"I'll look around Ponyville for any clues to get out of here." Discord walked away. 'Good luck, Sombra.'
"I can carry you to that cloud over there. Can you cast the spell now?" Rainbow pointed.
"Yes." Sombra concentrated and cast the simple spell, smirking inwardly. 'Childs play.'
"Okay. Here we go." Rainbow hooked her hoof under Sombras shoulders and took off to the nearest cloud.
She set him lightly on the cloud, making sure he wouldn't sink through before releasing him. She flew to the back of the cloud.
"Hang on tight. You're in for a ride." Rainbow smirked, temporarily forgetting what was going on around her.
Sombras eyes widened as he dropped and clung to the cloud when Rainbow took off at top speed. She laughed without a care in the world, flapping her wings hard, loving the look on Sombras face. Finally she stopped at Cloudsdale.
"Here!" She laughed again. "You should see your face!"
Sombra shook his head laughing. "That was terrifying and fun all at the same time!" He shook his head again. 'What am i doing? i shouldn't be enjoying this.'
"Come on Som." Rainbow was already flying off. "Ya snooze ya lose!"
Sombra stepped off the cloud. "Get it together Sombra." he mumbled to himself. "Coming!" He trotted after her, but she was out of sight. "Where did that pesky pegasus go?" He looked around, not seeing her.
"Boo!" With a crack of lightning, Sombra nearly jumped out of his skin. "Son of a-! Oh." He put his hoof over his heart, trying to slow it down. "It's just you."
Rainbow was rolling on the cloud laughing. "You're a laugh! The look on your face was priceless!"
Sombra rolled his eyes. "Aren't you looking for something?"
Rainbow stood up and cleared her throat. "Right." She walked beside Sombra. "So what do you do for fun?"
"Me?" Sombra looked confused. "What is 'fun?'"
Rainbow stopped in her tracks, mouth agape. "You don't know what fun is?" He shook his head. "the ride to Cloudsdale was fun! My prank with the cloud was fun! Yeesh you need to get out more, Som."
"That was.... fun?" Sombra scratched his mane. "It's... different." They resumed walking.
"Yes, and if you hang out with me more, you'll have more fun!" Rainbow hovered, inches from the ground as they moved forward.
"This fun might be... interesting." Sombra said, mostly to himself.

Author's Note:

you thought Discord had this in the bag? HA! my intention is to confuse you up until the Lover is announced! muahahahahahaha!!!!!!! *clears throat* ahem.... sorry. anywhooo. i hope you enjoyed my chapter.

Comments ( 4 )

this-fic-is....SO AWSOME:rainbowkiss:
all of the feels man..all those feels,, I feel for you dashie :applecry::applejackconfused::fluttercry::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch::fluttershysad::heart::pinkiesmile::pinkiegasp::rainbowlaugh::rainbowhuh::raritycry::raritydespair::raritystarry::twilightsmile:
keep up the awesome work for all of your fics are amazing :pinkiehappy:
oh btw when is the next chapter out if you don't know yet its fine :twilightsmile:
oh also I really want discord and dashie get togever cause I think discord and dashie fics are awesome
I also thin that ship with discord and dashie are cute and addorble :yay: "yay"
plz plz plz let discord win dashie's heart and those too fall in love :heart:

4733032 Thank you :) and is a mystery as to who will win her heart :3 and im not sure yet on the next chapter. Thank you :) :)

Iz want Sombra win~doki.

Login or register to comment