• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,244 Views, 43 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 2 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



"My name is Secret. There's not much to say about me. I work with Princess Twilight as her adviser. We have lived in the walls of Canterlot for about a year. But, something has been bothering me over that time. There is no way we are safe y

  • ...
5
 43
 1,244

S2E07: Life In Question

Author's Note:

When a tragic accident occurs near the walls of Canterlot and Secret does nothing to stop it, questions and threats rise against the captain.

Twilight trotted down the castle hallway with Secret. "Thanks for trotting with me to my room." Twilight thanked the stallion.

"I was walking you to your room?" Secret asked. "I thought you were walking me to my room." Twilight laughed. Secret turned. "I guess I'm heading to my room alone, then."

"I was just messing with you, Secret." She said. "Come in. I want to talk to you about something." Secret hesitated, then trotted into Twilight's bedroom. Twilight closed the door behind him, and went over to her nightstand. "So, I found this." She held up an old book.

"What is it?" Secret asked. "Blind, remember?"

Twilight sighed. "I remember. It's an old book of mine." She looked down at it. "Shining gave it to me. I believe that it would be better in your care." She handed him the book.

Secret touched it with his hoof. "You sure about this?" He asked. "Isn't it a memorial of your brother? Shouldn't you keep it for the sake?"

Twilight shook her head. "No." She insisted. "I already have enough to remind me of my brother." She forced the book into his hooves. "Just take it."

Secret sighed and put it on his back. "I guess I should go." He said under his breath.

Twilight sighed and trotted up to Secret. "Thank you." She whispered, hugging him. Secret soon realized how Twilight actually felt about him.

He did not have enough time to think, as there was a sudden loud banging on the door. Secret and Twilight looked up. "What is it?" Twilight called.

"There's been an accident down at the gate!" The guard told them. "Come, quickly!"

Secret and Twilight galloped out the door, and followed the guard.

Intro

Secret and Twilight came upon the gate. There were three ponies outside, trying to get inside. Their was a herd of zombies all around them, closing in. The guard turned to Secret. "We cannot raise the gate!" The guard said. "If we do, the zombies will get in!"

Ponies crowded the area, shouting. "Open the gate!" "Don't let them die!" "Save them! It's your job!"

Guards gathered at the gate, ready to charge in. "On your command, will run out there and fend off the zombies."

Secret stood still and ducked his head. He was afraid that being in the position he was in, he would have to make a decision like this someday. If he made the wrong decision, it will haunt him for years to come. Secret thought hard about the possibilities. The zombies were getting closer, it didn't take eyes to know that. How close can they get before they are unable to save the ponies, though?

Secret raised his head to the sky for an answer. After what seemed like an eternity, but was only a few seconds, it finally hit him.

"Nopony move." Secret ordered.

"But sir-" A guard began.

"I said nopony move!" Secret shouted. "We cannot afford more loss."

Everypony screamed and shouted at Secret as the three ponies shrieked as they were grabbed and eaten alive by the zombies. Secret lowered his head. My job was to protect those inside the walls. I can't afford to lose all my men to three stragglers. He told himself.

Twilight and a couple of guards led Secret away from the gate and to his room, protecting him from the hateful crowds of Canterlot.

Secret reached his room and turned to Twilight. "I would wish to be alone." He told the princess.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "The whole of Canterlot wasn't too pleased with your actions."

Secret blindly moved forward, his head literally right next to hers. "If I need you, I'll call for you. But for now, I would like to think over things, alone." He looked down. "Probably need to clean the sash, too."

Twilight smiled a little at his humorous answer. "Sleep well!' She called as she trotted off.

"Goodnight, Princess Twilight." He called back, trotting into his bedroom.

Secret was surprised to step on a large bundle of letters under his doorway the next morning. "Twilight!" He called. "I have mail, and I'm pretty sure who sent them."

Secret did not get an answer from Twilight, however. "It's only Trixie." The unicorn called back. "Princess Twilight Sparkle had a meeting." Trixie trotted over to Secret. "You must be Twilight's little friend?"

Secret sighed. "My name is Secret, if she has yet to tell you."

Trixie laughed a little. "Of course. The stallion with the mask. So...secretive. Trixie is amused by that."

Secret handed her the letters. "Please read this to me."

"Ah, hate mail." Trixie looked through the bundle. "Trixie is not the only infamous hero around here."

Trixie read the death threats and hateful letters aloud to the stallion. Secret listened as she made it into a novel. He left like he was about to fall asleep, until Trixie said something different.

"Hey! It's that symbol! Trixie remembers this symbol!" She said, holding up the letter.

"What does it look like?" The blind stallion asked.

"A circle, with three triangles inside it, Trixie believes." Trixie said. "Wasn't this on the ring Twilight pulled off that stallion that attacked Trixie?"

Secret thought back. "I believe it does, but I'm not the best pony to ask." Before Trixie could say anything else, Secret looked at her. "Wasn't that stallion put into the hospital?"

Twilight led Secret into the room. The doors were shut and guarded from the angered citizens. Trixie was already in the room.

"He's talking. Trixie had a few things to say about his deeds." She said, standing behind Twilight.

Secret stepped up to the bed. "Hello there. I'm Secret, captain of the royal guard. I would love to ask you a few questions."

The stallion looked at him weakly. "You're not getting anything from me, scum."

Secret ignored the insult. "What is your name?"

"You won't get anything." He spat.

"What is your name?" Secret asked again.

"I said, I'm not saying." The stallion repeated, mimicking Secret's voice.

Secret hit the stallion in the face and stomped his hoof on his neck. "Let me tell you something, then." He growled. "I have been through the depths of torture and back, and lost my eyes during that journey. I've killed plenty of men, dead or alive, without having a second thought. I may be blind, but I will be reading your will and burning your grave, right next to your little buddies. Do I make myself clear, big boy?" Secret removed his hoof, letting the stallion gasp for air.

"Now, I repeat. What's your name?' Secret asked a last time.

The stallion managed a few words under his breath. "M-my name is F-Fake Mask. I-I mimic voices. I w-was hired by-" He was cut off by a loud bang. The window shattered as a bullet broke through and landed square on Fake Mask's chest. Fake fell back on the bed, dead.

Secret jumped backwards, drawing a sword, ready to defend the princess and Trixie. The room fell silent.

"We were so close." Secret muttered angrily under his breath. He sheathed his blade and stood straight. "There is something bad going on for sure." Secret told them. "You two get back to your room. We need to find out who's doing this." Twilight nodded, and led Trixie back to the room.

Later that day, The funeral for Fake Mask was held. Despite everything, he was still ordered to be put with the traitors. His coffin was placed on the stand, and Secret took his usual position in front of it.

"Fake Mask. Not much was known about him, but he was a master at mimicry and a traitor. He attempted to help us, but was killed by an anonymous pony in the process. We shall burn his body, so that if any others decide to betray, they shall join in."

Secret took the match and lit the grave on fire, and left the graveyard.

After the break up, three ponies remained. The trotted up to the three coffins that were burned.

"It's halfway complete." The first one said, his voice rasp.

"What exactly are we aiming for?" A younger stallion asked. "What was the plan in having these three killed?"

"They were expendable." The first one responded. "This only means that we are halfway to our goal."

"What about that other pony?" The second stallion asked. "What are we going to do about her?"

The first stallion scowled, and looked at the pony at his right. "Zeinwolfe." He ordered. "You shall go convince that pony."

"And if she refuses?" Zeinwolfe asked, stepping forward.

"Give her a reason to accept." The first one told him. "I'm sure you will know what to do." Zeinwolfe nodded, and took off. The first one turned to the second stallion. "Be ready. Once this is complete, and the mare does her job, it will be your turn." The second stallion nodded.