• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,242 Views, 43 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 2 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



"My name is Secret. There's not much to say about me. I work with Princess Twilight as her adviser. We have lived in the walls of Canterlot for about a year. But, something has been bothering me over that time. There is no way we are safe y

  • ...
5
 43
 1,242

S2E06: Egotistical

Author's Note:

Trixie Lulamoon and Daring Do appear in Canterlot. Although, Trixie isn't the same as she used to be, which concerns Twilight.

Twilight stared at the blue unicorn standing in the doorway. Trixie wore her usual cape, smiling at her former rival. "Hello, Twilight." Trixie greeted her.

"What are you doing here?" Twilight asked.

"I came to see how my favorite magic professional is doing, of course." Trixie said. "Trixie isn't heartless, after all."

Twilight glared at the unicorn, and Secret listened to the two, tilting his head. "Maybe I should step out." He said, backing out of the room.

Trixie trotted up to Twilight's bed. "Trixie just got here. When Trixie heard that you were in Canterlot too, she rushed to find you." She said, bowing her head. "It's a shame that Twilight was injured."

"I was not injured." Twilight said, throwing the sheet off of her. "I passed out." She got out of the bed and stretched her wings.

Trixie rolled her eyes. "Of course." She said in her usual sarcastic tone. Twilight trotted out of the room, and Trixie followed.

Rainbow threw a bouncy ball at the wall, having it bounce back at her. She eventually got bored with it, and pulled out a Daring Do book. She began to read it aloud to herself. "And then, Daring Do swiftly dove into the pit, and chased the amulet. She grabbed it right before it dropped-"

She was cut off by a familiar voice. "Into the lava pit that was used for sacrifices." Rainbow looked away from her book, and saw Daring Do standing at her doorway. "Hey, Dash." Rainbow dropped the book and had a short fangasm.

Intro

"What do you want?" Twilight asked Trixie when she got to the door of her bedroom.

"Trixie would like to talk to your royal highness, of course." Trixie said. "After all, you are quite special."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm going to go to my room now, thank you." Twilight opened the door.

"May Trixie join you?" She asked. "Trixie promises not to do anything bothersome."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Sure, whatever." Twilight let Trixie in and closed the door behind her. Trixie looked around the room.

"You live like a princess." Trixie concluded. "Trixie is impressed."

Before Twilight could respond to that, there was a knock at the door. "I'll get that." She said, trotting over to the door. She opened it to find Secret standing outside. He was accompanied by his usual guide.

"Greetings, princess." Secret introduced.

"You can call me Twilight." She said, brushing his sash. "You need to keep this clean, too."

Secret shook his head humorously. "We're about to go and burn Skull's corpse." Secret said. "It is required that you be there."

Twilight sighed. "Of course. Let me get ready."

"Why are you here?" Rainbow asked Daring.

"I just got here." Daring told Rainbow. "I heard that my biggest fan was in the castle, so I thought it might be cool to stop by and say hello." Rainbow smiled. "You like my latest book?" Daring asked Rainbow, looking at it.

"It's awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed. "When are you releasing your next one?!" Daring Do laughed at her question.

An hour later, the ponies gathered to watch the incineration of Skull's corpse. The coffin was carried over to a stand, next to the burnt coffin of Prince Blueblood. Secret stood in front of the grave.

"Skull. Former member of the sniper team branch of the royal guard. He was a traitor, who killed two of his own and attempted to kill two other members. His body shall be set ablaze to set a warning for all those who think about betraying the royalty." Secret held out his hoof and took the match while the other guards poured lighter fluid on the coffin. Secret lit the match and threw it onto the coffin, setting it on fire.

Twilight watched the coffin, and looked at Trixie, who stood nearby. She noticed that some ponies glanced at her, glaring and scowling. At first, it seemed Trixie took no mind. After a while of watching the unicorn, she realized Trixie was showing signs of depression. A tear rolled down Trixie's cheek. Twilight's eyes widened as she stared.

Back at Twilight's room, the princess approached Trixie. "What's wrong?" She asked the unicorn.

"Why, there's nothing wrong with Trixie." She said, looking at her funny.

"Trixie, I'm not stupid." Twilight said. "I can see the signs."

"Signs of what?" Trixie asked, tilting her head.

"Trixie." Twilight glared.

Trixie hung her head. "Fine." She muttered, pulling out a bundle of letters and throwing them to Twilight's hooves. Twilight picked them up and read them in her head. They were all death threats.

Twilight looked back up at Trixie. "When did you get these?" She asked.

"Since Trixie walked through that gate." Trixie answered. "They have tried a few times, too."

Twilight stomped her hoof. "This is outrageous!" She turned her hoof. "I'm going to get Celestia to handle this."

Trixie looked up. "What?"

Twilight turned back around. "Nopony's going to do stuff like that to anypony, as long as I have a say in it." Trixie smiled through some tears as she watched Twilight trot out of the room. Trixie quickly followed behind, not feeling safe alone.

Trixie and Twilight walked down the hallway. "Trixie cannot believe that Twilight got her a job as a performer!" Trixie exclaimed. "Trixie thanks you, princess."

Twilight nodded. "It was the least I could do." She said. "I will be backstage if you need me." Trixie nodded and stood in front of the curtains.

Twilight backed up and let Trixie jump out onto the stage. "Behold, the Great and Powerful Trixie!" Boos erupted throughout the crowd, and Trixie glanced at Twilight. Twilight nodded and urged her to go on. Following the princess's advice, Trixie continued with her show, ignoring the boos. Somepony once tried to throw a tomato at her, but a guard grabbed them and dragged them out.

Twilight watched as the crowd slowly dissolved from the death threats, and they started to enjoy the show.

After the show, the majority of the crowd was cheering. Trixie trotted off stage, feeling proud.

"See?" Twilight asked. "This is what happens when you change your ways for a bit." Trixie nodded. "I'm going to get something real quick. Be right back." Twilight trotted out of the room, leaving Trixie to gather her things.

While Trixie was gathering her materials, she heard a knock on the backstage door. "Is it one of Trixie's fans?" Trixie asked.

"It's Twilight!" She heard from the other side of the door.

"Back already?" Trixie asked, going over to the door. Trixie opened the door to see a tall stallion right in front of her. "Wait a min-" The stallion grabbed Trixie by the neck and threw her across the room. Trixie hit the wall hard, and tried to stand up. The stallion drew a large knife out of his coat.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie." He said humorously, mimicking Trixie's voice. "You gullible little idiot." He raised the knife, ready to finish her.

Trixie looked around for an out. She saw a spare cape lying on the floor, and an idea popped into her mind. She grabbed it with her magic and threw it over the stallion's face. Caught by surprise, the stallion missed Trixie with his knife. Trixie rammed him to the side, making a dash for the door. Before she could make it out, Trixie's leg was grabbed by the stallion. Trixie fell over, knocking over a barrel in the process. The stallion pulled on her leg, and Trixie fought back. Trixie took notice of the barrel, and noticed that there was fireworks in it. She used her magic to start a fire on the fireworks, and kicked the stallion in the face multiple times. She soon made him let go, and she took cover as the fireworks shot at the stallion.

Twilight walked in a bit later. "I'm back." She called. Twilight froze and looked around as she saw the hurt Trixie and the now paralyzed stallion.

"Trixie had one of those fans." Trixie muttered, pulling herself against a wall.

Twilight trotted up to the stallion, and took a look at him. She noticed something shiny on the inside of his coat. She grabbed it and looked at it. It was a ring. There was a symbol etched on it. She could not make out what it was, but she thought it looked oddly familiar.

Twilight trotted up to Secret and his guide in his room and handed him the ring. "This looks familiar." She said. "What is it?"

Secret's guide took a look at the ring. "This does look familiar." He said, going over to a table. "This looks just like the rings we pulled off the prince and the sniper." He said, holding up the other two rings.

Secret tilted his head. "So there is a connection?" He asked.

The guard shrugged. "My job is to be your eyes. That's all, captain." Twilight took the rings and looked at Secret.

"I believe that we have something bigger on our hands." Secret said to her. "I knew it was too good to be true."