• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,242 Views, 43 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 2 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



"My name is Secret. There's not much to say about me. I work with Princess Twilight as her adviser. We have lived in the walls of Canterlot for about a year. But, something has been bothering me over that time. There is no way we are safe y

  • ...
5
 43
 1,242

S2E02: Treated Like A King, Pt. 2

Author's Note:

A murder and an assault happen one night, and Secret steps up to find the attacker and avenge the death of Twilight's brother.

1 Year Ago

Fluttershy knocked on the door of a house. She held a basket of flowers in her mouth. The door was cracked slightly and a stallion poked his muzzle out. "Flutters?" He asked.

"Mm-hmm." Fluttershy answered through the basket. The stallion closed the door, and removed a lock. He quickly opened it back up. He was wearing a Mardi Gras mask. "Come on in!" He said, holding his hoof out to invite her in. Fluttershy slowly trotted inside. The stallion closed the door behind her. "Thanks for helping me." He said to the pegasus.

Fluttershy put the basket down on a table. "It's okay." She said. "I love decorating." She smiled.

The stallion walked over to the basket. "That's a lot of flowers." He said, smiling. Suddenly, one of the flowers grew a little face. It looked up at the stallion, and blood drooled from it's mouth.

Intro

Present Day

Secret shot up in bed, gasping. It was late at night, and he had the weirdest dream. He sighed. It didn't happen. He thought, hearing one of the guards talking outside.

He held his head as he laid back against the head of his bed. It was weird to have a dream where he could see, and wake up to see nothing. He reached over to his nightstand and felt around for his mask. As soon as he had a grasp of it, he put it on over his eyes. He went to get his helmet and robe, but he heard something hit his door. He froze, and rushed back to his bed to hide. The door slowly opened, and a figure stood in the doorway. The figure took a few steps inside the room, and closed the door behind him.

It seemed that the character assumed Secret was still in bed, as it went over to it. Secret rolled underneath quietly, and listened as the character pulled a knife out of the sleeve of it's suit. It lifted it up with magic, and stopped next to the bed. It raised the knife, and quickly plunged it deep into the pillow, figuring it was Secret.

Once the character realized that he was wrong, it gasped. "What the?-" It said with a male voice. Taking advantage of it's confusion, Secret swept it's front hooves, making it fall forward onto the bed and hit his chin on the metal piece.

"Oomph!" The stallion managed. It dropped the knife, and Secret took the dominant position. He grabbed the knife and rolled out from under the bed and moved on the stallion. Unfortunately, the attacker got up and pushed himself at Secret, knocking the knife out of his hand in turn. Secret stumbled backwards and hit the nightstand, knocking a clock over. The attacker charged at Secret, but Secret took use of the clock and hit him upside the head with it. The character flew to the side and over the bed. Secret grabbed the knife and jumped over the bed to finish him. The character tried to get up, but ended up getting cut across the face by the knife.

Angered, the character kicked Secret in the face, throwing off his mask and knocking him out.

1 Year Ago

Fluttershy sat next to the stallion on a swinging chair in the stallion's backyard. Fluttershy silently watched as the stallion tapped a beat with his hooves. She hummed along, and everything was ever so peaceful.

"It's about time for me to go." Fluttershy whispered.

The stallion looked up at the pegasus. "Already?" He asked. "You only been here twenty minutes."

Fluttershy nodded. "I know, but I have to go now." She whispered. "If that's okay with you..."

The stallion sighed. "Fine, but take this." He gave her a green mask with feathers lining the top corners around the eyes. Fluttershy took it and smiled.

"It's beautiful." She said.

"Made it myself." Secret told her. "Now go on, you need to be somewhere, right?" He smiled as Fluttershy nodded and took off.

Present Day

Secret woke up, head pounding and face hurting. An hour had passed since he was knocked out. He pulled himself to his hooves and stumbled over to his closet. He grabbed his helmet and robe and threw them on quickly before heading over to the door. He opened the door, still dizzy from the beating. Suddenly, he froze as he heard crying.

Shining Armor lied on the floor, a puddle of blood pouring from his neck. Twilight stood over his body, tears soaking her face. Secret was out of it for a minute, but he quickly regained snapped out of his shock. "Guards!" He shouted, running down the hall. "Guards!"

Soon, the whole hallway was filled with guards and other ponies. The princesses took their places near Twilight, as the guards lifted Shining's corpse and placed it on a stretcher. They carried him out of the hallway. Twilight threw herself into Celestia's hooves, and Celestia held the sad young princess in comfort. Secret held his hoof to his forehead, head still pounding from earlier. He knew that the same guy that tried to kill him, managed to kill Shining Armor. He was determined to find and kill the murderer.

Secret trotted over to Rainbow Dash and Applejack. "I need you two to come with me." He whispered. The two looked at each other, determining that it was safe. They turned and followed Secret away from the crowd.

When at a safe distance, Secret turned to the two. "I need you two to help me find this guy." He said.

"What?" Rainbow asked. "Why would we do that? That's the guards' job!"

"I need to get this guy for myself." He said. "I think I know where he would strike next."

Applejack sighed. "Ya'll betteh know what ya talkin' bout." She said, rolling her eyes.

"We are supposed to have a private meeting tomorrow morning. Twilight might not be there due to the tragedy, so I will go in her place." He said. "I will be the bait. He obviously would want to go after me." He looked at Applejack. "I want you to hide up on the balcony with a rifle." He told her. "And Rainbow Dash will pretend to be my adviser."

"That sounds good and all." Rainbow said. "But how will we know the guy's trying to kill you?"

"He wears a suit." Secret told her. "And he may be a known pony. He was able to get to me without getting attention."

Applejack nodded. "Ah think we could do this."

Secret was able to convince the royalty to allow him to take Twilight's place, and Rainbow as his adviser. Applejack snuck past the guard and took her place on a small balcony that was usually used for special guests. She hid under the railing and set up her rifle.

Secret entered the room with Rainbow. They went over to their seats, and sat down. Celestia and Luna next to him, Secret felt safe for the time being. Rainbow took note of everypony else in the room. A lot of them dressed fancily, so there was no telling who attacked him. When she began to relay the information to Secret, he was afraid he would have to fall back on plan B.

At the end of the conference, Secret left out a side door, leaving Rainbow behind. Rainbow went over to chat with Spitfire, who represented Cloudsdale. Applejack kept her eye over the chatting ponies, seeing if anyone made a move to follow Secret. She spotted Prince Blueblood, accompanied by Fancy Pants, go towards the same door. "Two coming at you." She told Secret through a radio.

Secret stopped. "Roger." He whispered back, hiding the radio. He threw a book across the hall, and used his blindness to his advantage. He pretended that he was searching for the book, muttering under his breath. He heard the two approach him and stop.

"Did you lose something?" Fancy Pants asked, shaking his head. A small scar was on the side of his cheek. "Dumb blind pony." He muttered. Prince Blueblood shot a side glare at him.

Secret raised his head. "Haha, real funny." He said. "I dropped my book, do you see it?" He asked.

"I can see a lot more than you." Fancy said in the most stuck up way he could. He looked at Blueblood. "Let's leave this poor ruffian, trying to be one of your kin."

Prince Blueblood shook his head. "We can't just leave him here." He protested.

"What is this?" Fancy asked. "You have feelings for this wann-?" Fancy was suddenly cut off. Secret raised his head as he heard chocking.

"No." Blueblood whispered a little too loud, not noticing that Secret was listening. "I have feelings for protecting Canterlot from him." Fancy dropped to the ground, blood pouring from his neck. Blueblood turned around.

"I'm truly sorry for his behavior, brother." He said. "Someponies just don't know how to accept an outsider as royalty."

"I figured as much." Secret said, going along with it. Blueblood lifted his knife and cleaned it off with a handkerchief, slowly advancing towards the stallion.

He raised the knife, and as soon as the hoofsteps stopped, Secret knew it was time.

Secret rolled to the side as Blueblood fumbled the knife after missing. Secret turned and stood still, waiting for him to make a sound. Blueblood growled and charged again, allowing Secret to duck down and charge into his legs, knocking him over. The knife slid across the floor, and Secret sat atop Blueblood. Secret raised his hoof and punched Blueblood repeatedly, rage fueling his assault. Blueblood's face flew from side to side, a couple teeth falling out and blood flying out of his mouth everywhere.

Rainbow and Applejack rushed into the hallway, noticing the commotion. They attempted to pry Secret off of Blueblood as the hallway was soon found by Princess Celestia.

"What in the name of Equestria are you doing?!" She asked Secret. "Guards!" She called.

"Princess, no! He-" Rainbow had no time to explain as guards crowded the room and tackled Secret to the ground. Secret struggled against them, growling.

Celestia went over and tried to help Prince Blueblood up. "Are you okay?" She asked her nephew.

Prince Blueblood slowly regained conscious, but he was not fully awake yet. He mistook Celestia for Secret, and lifted the knife off the floor with his magic weakly. It hovered up and aimed straight for the Princess. He quickly shot it towards her.

Secret, hearing the knife being levitated, was fueled once more so that he could throw off the guard. They lost their grip of him, and he rushed over and grabbed the knife in mid-air, stopping it from hitting Celestia. Celestia watched in shock, as Secret rolled to the ground, holding onto the knife.

Blueblood growled, still not thinking straight, and grabbed Celestia's neck to strangle her. She gasped, shocked. Secret got up and threw the knife at Blueblood. A loud sound of penetration erupted as the knife made it's way into Blueblood's chest. Blueblood fell limp and let go off Celestia.

Celestia began to cough, and the guard all stared in horror at what just happened. Secret brushed himself off. "I'm truly sorry, Princess. But your nephew tried to kill me, and he did kill Twilight's brother, along with that other pony." He told her. He fixed his helmet and strutted out of the hallway silently.

Secret walked into his bedroom. It was late at night, and he had been talking with the royalty and the guard all day about the events that occurred over the past 24 hours. He went over to his nightstand and placed his hoof on top of it, remembering his past.

1 Year Ago

The stallion stood in the middle of a crowd of people, all wearing colorful masks. They were all in his house, partying. Flowers decorated the walls, and they all brought the stallion memories. He sighed and walked out into the backyard to enjoy some fresh air. He sat down on the swing and started to tap a beat with his hooves.

He was startled by the sudden appearance of a quiet friend of his.

"You made it!" He said to Fluttershy. Fluttershy was wearing the same green mask that had feathers over it.

"Of course." Fluttershy said in her usual quiet tone. "I just wanted to stop by and you know...say hi..."

The stallion smiled. "Of course." He said. "Come, sit with me." He patted the seat next to him, and she sat on the swing with him.

He looked over at the pegasus. "Would you like to hear a story?" He asked. Fluttershy nodded. He took off his mask and looked at her with a smile. "Let me get these out." He reached to his eye and pulled out a contact, revealing that one of his eyes were actually green instead of brown. The hetero-chromatic stallion was Secret. "Now, where do I begin? Ah, there was once this kind young filly..."

Present Day

Secret placed one of his hooves on a mask that was sitting on his nightstand. It was green, with feathers lining the top corners. It sat next to another mask that was red and black. The mask he wore that day. He will never forget.

I will avenge you. He told the late pegasus sub-consciously. Or die trying.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Sir, you have been requested by the princess." A guard called.