• Published 7th Apr 2012
  • 2,992 Views, 258 Comments

Those Awkward Teen Years - Blue Breeze

  • ...
2
 258
 2,992

With a Bit of Help from Friends

Author's Note: For those of you who may care(very few I imagine), I went and made a new group called 'Blue Breeze's Place'. I encourage OC's to join and even post their own stories if they wish. But enough about things you don't care about. Now, on with the story.

My luck is just incredible, isn't it? The guy who chooses all of my physical workouts for the year happens to have a grudge against my dad is deciding to take it out on me. Oh well. At least I've got a good friend like Zeph to help me out.

"Ninety eight... ninety nine... one hundred!" I say as I finish the wing ups. Celestia, I'm bucking tired!

"I'm done too!" Zeph says.

Vein smirks as he walks over to us. "I'm surprised you were able to do them all. Then again, I guess I shouldn't underestimare Thundercloud's boy."

"You better bucking believe it."

He snears at me. "You should watch that tongue of yours. Having a mouth like thatt could get you killed." he takes the whistle he has hanging around his neck and blows on it. "Alright, no more running laps."

"YAY!" the rest of the class shouts in joy.

"I've got something special planned. I'll need six volunteers."

"We'll do it, coach!" a voice in the crowd says. Out from the crowd steps Dumb-bell and his two cronies, Score and Hoops.

Like, seriously?

Vein gives Zeph and I an evil grin. "I'll also take you two."

"Of course you would." we say.

"Now I only need one more volunteer." everypony else just stands there in silence as he looks at them. "Well? Come on you whimps!"

"I'll volunteer." a pony says. A large, at least for a freshman, black pegasus colt with a red and gold mane and tail and a cutie mark of weights steps up.

"Excellent. Now that we have a our volunteers, we're going to be playing..."

Red Cross' office

"And... there." Red Cross says as he finishes healing up his final patient. He wipes his forehead of any sweat. "It took longer than I thought, but I'm done."

"Thanks, doctor." the patient says as they leave the room.

Cross waves them off before going back to his desk.

Back in the gym

"Dodgeball."

Back in the office

Cross scratches his chin as he gets a weird feeling.. "My doctor senses tell me my work for the day isn't quite over yet."

Back to the gym... again

"All right!" Dumb-bell and his friends shout in excitement.

"Buck." I say.

"We're going to be doing this in teams of three. Dumb-bell, Hoops, and Score on one team. You other three can go together."

Well, I'm at least glad the really big dude is on our team.

"Take your sides." Vein says.

We follow his orders and take one side of the court. Three red balls stand at the line in the middle.

I eyeball the colt from earlier. "So, why are you helping us?"

He shrugs. "This seemed like fun. Besides, I've seen the junk coach has been putting you through. You don't deserve that over some stupid grudge."

I smile. "Thanks. I'm Blue Breeze."

"I'm Zephyr Verve."

"You can call me Drax."

"Enough talking!" Vein shouts. "Allow me to go over the rules of dodgeball. This will be a dumbed down version."

Dumbed down is right.

"We'll be playing with three on each team and three balls. If you get hit by a ball, you're out for the rest of the game. If your opponent catches your ball, you're out. He may use the balls to reflect other balls. If your ball gets knocked out of your hooves, you're out. There will also be no flying. Any questions?"

"Yeah, wha-"

"Good. Then let's begin."

He takes his whistle and blows on it once again. I think my ears are ringing.

As soon as the game starts, we all dash for the balls in the center. With his speed, Zeph easily outruns the others and grabs the ball in the exact center. He takes the ball and throws it at Hoops only for him to duck under it.

Hoops grabs the ball to his left and chucks it at Zeph. Zeph gets on his hindelegs and bends backwards, doing a kind of dodge straight out of the Maretrix.

Dang!

Drax runs over to pick up the ball and get ready. But before he can throw, Dumb-bell takes the remaining ball and chucks it at him really hard. Even with Dumb-bell's strength, Drax's strength is more than enough to use his ball to deflect it.

I quickly go take the rebounded ball and chuck it at Score. Score isn't that bright, so he takes the ball straight to the face.

*WHIR* "Score's out!" the coach shouts.

The fat pegasus sulks as he walks off the court, a red mark on his face.

"One down, two to go." I say.

"I'm on it." Drax says. He takes his ball and chucks it right at Hoops. Hoops doesn't have enough time to react, so it hits him right in the mouth.

*WHIR* "Hoops is-" before he can continue, Hoops gets up, showing that he caught the ball in his mouth. HOW THE BUCK?!" "Never mind. Drax is out!"

Drax looks at Hoops in disbelief as he walks off. "I don't even..."

While we're still in shock, Hoops actually uses his mouth to throw the ball at Zephyr.

"Zeph, watch out!"

"What?! Oh!" he notices the ball coming at him and turns around to buck it back at Hoops, hitting him right in the gut this time.

*WHIR* "Hoops is out. Only one left on Dumb-bell's team."

"Nopony does that to my friend but me!" Dumb-bell shouts. He takes the ball on his side of the court and throws it at Zeph.

"Woah!" as the ball comes close, Zeph uses his wings to fly above it. "HA! You should stick to weight-lifting."

*WHIR* "Verve, you're out!"

"What?! Why?!"

"I said no flying!"

Zeph looks at his wings and then below himself to see that he was indeed hovering. "Aw, man."

I facehoof.

"Two ponies left! Here's the game point!"

Dumb-bell and I stare each other down from each side of the court. We each grab a ball and rear our hooves back. As I throw my ball, I feel an energy surge go through it, making it rocket out of my hooves and making it shoot off with with visible wind around it. Dumb-bell throws his ball on a course straight for mine. My ball just knocks his clean out of the way, getting a scared look out of Dumb-bell. The ball goes straight into his abdomin and knocks him a few hooves back, making him slide as he lands.

Everypony in the room just sits in aw at the throw I just made. I look around and rub the back of my head.

After a whole minute of silence, Zeph and Drax run up to me. "That was so awesome, Blue!"

"Yeah, it was amazing!"

The rest of the class begins to cheer for me. "Well, I couldn't have done it without you guys." I say to them.

We all do a group high hoof in celebration.

As we celebrate, Vein looks at us in frustration. "You got lucky. That was only the first day. It only gets harder from here on out."

Author's Note: Drax comes from vl4d4r. It really is seeming like I can't go a chapter without a new OC being introduced. Oh well. It's what happens in a fic such as this.