• Published 7th Apr 2012
  • 2,992 Views, 258 Comments

Those Awkward Teen Years - Blue Breeze

  • ...
2
 258
 2,992

Clumsy yet Artistic

Author's Note: This really has nothing to do with the story, but I thought I'd share it anyways. Why? Because I can, so shut up. Now, I went and used the HUB's official pony creator to create a version of Blue Breeze. It's good, but there are soome very obvious flaws with it. This is not Blue Breeze's official look and was purely made for fun. Now, on with the story.

Well, this day definitely has been pretty eventful. I've only met two of my six teachers and I already feel like I'm about to have a mental breakdown just as bad as the ones they have. Hopefully third period will be better. I could really use a break. I've been on edge ever since Mr. Square Root's outburst.

The bell goes off, signalling everypony to get up from their desks and go on to their next class. Thank Luna this class is over.

"Good work for today, everypony. Don't forget to do the homework that I assigned that's due tomorrow!" Mr. Square Root calls out. Can you believe he gave us homework on the first day? Whatever. I'm pretty good at math anyway.

I walk out of the class to see the stuff you'd expect to see in a high school. Bullies shoving kids in lockers, popular groups talking about stuff that has no real meaning, and overaffectionate couples making out in public. I'm not surprised.

Over in the doctor's(he's just fooling himself) office

Purple Blaze stirs in the bed after Red Cross had healed him. Somehow, Blaze had been completely and utterly healed from all the bruises, cuts, and splinters he had received from Charge's earlier "discipline".

He let's out a yawn as he sits up and rubs the back of his head. "Ugh, where am I?"

"Well, it's about time you woke up." Cross says to him. "You're in my office. I'm Dr. Red Cross."

"Who brought me here?"

"Oddly enough, Charge did."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he asked me to heal you up. You fell asleep during it, and I figured to just let you sleep it off."

"Thanks. Hey, what time is it?"

*RIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG*

"Well, that's the bell for second period to be over right there."

"WHAT?! I've missed two whole classes?!"

"Yep. You were asleep for quite a while."

"Aw, man! I gotta go! Thanks again, doc!" Blaze then dashes off into the halls towards his next yet first class of the day.

"Doc? Hmm, nopony's called me that before. I like it." Cross says to himself before going back to work. "Something tells me this year's going to be crazier than usual."

I continue leisurely walking through the school, minding my own business, when suddenly, I see a purple pegasus dashing through the halls.

"Gang way!" he shouts.

I see him approach faster and faster, coming right up on me. "Oh bu-OOF!"

He slams into me, knocking us both to the ground. He gets up, looking over at the pour soul, me, who he happened to knock over.

"Geez, sorry about that, man." he says, offering a hoof to help me up.

I take his hoof and pick myself up from the floor. The janitor needs to sweep more. "It's cool. Hey, aren't you the pony who got his flank kicked during the assembly?"

"Don't remind me. But yeah, I am. Name's Purple Blaze."

"I know. I'm Blue Breeze."

"Good to meet ya." he extends a hoof which I pound with my own.

"You too. Hey, what's got ya in such a rush anyway?"

"I missed my first two classes and didn't wanna miss anymore."

"Well, what's your third?"

"Um, I think it's art with Ms. Paint Spill."

"Well, you do know you passed her class on your stampede over here, right?" I ask, motioning to a door just down the side of the hall where he came from.

He looks at it and blushes in embarrassment. "Oh."

"No big deal. Come on, I have her next too."

"Sweet."

We both start walking together as we go over to the room. We enter to find a pegasus mare with a splotchy, grey and blue coat, a bluish green mane and tail, a paint bucket cutie mark, and wearing a pair of glasses.

"Well, now that you boys have arrived, it looks as though everypony is here." she says. "Please go take some seats." we nod as we go take some seats near the back. "Now we may begin. Good morning to you all. I'm Ms. Paint Spill, the school's newly hired art teacher."

"Newly hired?" Blaze asks outloud.

"Yes, this is actually my first teaching job. I've always loved art, and I thought teaching would be a wonderful way to share it."

"New teacher, huh?" Dumb-bell quietly asks himself. Oh great. He's in here? And he's only a few feet in front of me? He pulls out a straw and starts chewing on a small wad of paper. "Let's give her a welcome wagon."

He starts to breath in. "Oh no you don't." I say to myself. While no pony is looking, I stealthily charge my wings and slice off the back leg of his chair, making him fall over and start choking on the paper in his mouth.

"Oh dear!" Ms. Paint Spill says in worry. "What happened?" she starts trotting over to help him before she places a hoof on a pencil and trips. "I meant to do that."

Dumb-bell swallows the paper in his throat before getting up. "I'm fine."

"Good, then just go find another seat. I'll tell them that one broke." Dumb-bell nods before looking back and glaring at me. I just give him my "You mad?" face.

Ms. Paint Spill picks herself off the floor and dusts herself off. "Now then, I'd like to start off with a quick drawing exercise. Everypony, take out a sheet of blank paper and a pencil."

"Draw?! I can't draw!" I say

"Don't worry, you don't need to be an expert. Just draw something you find interest in." Ms. Paint Spill reassures me.

"Well, okay then. I'll try."

"That's the spirit."

I take out my supplies and begin to draw. For anyone who didnt know, I can't draw buck. My drawing skills are basically negative twenty percent.

I look over to see Blaze drawing a pie. How did I not expect that?

Five minutes later

"Okay, time's up. Pencils down." Ms. Paint Spill announces. She begins to walk around the class, inspecting every bit of artwork. "Good good. Everypony's drawings are wonderful." she stops to look at Blaze's drawing. "A pie?"

"Yep." he answers.

"I would've thought today's assembly would've scared you off of those."

Everypony in the room laughs as Blaze just sinks his head.

She starts walking again as she looks at my drawing. "Oh my! This is wonderful." she says. She picks up my drawing. "What a great drawing of the weather factory."

"Well, it's not that great." I say.

"Nonsense. I'm going to hang this up in my class as an example of what students can really do."

"Teacher's pet!" Dumb-bell calls out.

All the other kids minus Blaze laugh at his comment.

Great, now I'm a mama's colt and a teacher's pet.

Author's Note: Paint Spill comes from Zoom. Bit of a spoiler, that's far from the only OC I've accepted from him for this story.