• Published 29th May 2014
  • 6,818 Views, 140 Comments

The Equine Masters - OtterP



Giant ponies have enslaved humanity, and once great countries are reduced to mere vassals. What waits for two young siblings in Equestria where humans are sold as property.

  • ...
76
 140
 6,818

Chapter 9: Hope, part 2

Twilight and Rarity ran from the room and watched behind the wall as Blueblood’s guards landed on the balcony. Twilight gritted her teeth and as the first guard came in, a pegasus, she pointed her horn towards him and shot an purple beam of energy that knocked him out of the balcony. Without missing a beat, two shots from the guards came towards them but Rarity was ready with her magic shield and with loud bangs the bolts were stopped by the shield. Rarity gave Twilight a smirk.

Outside, Fluttershy was still lying down under the bush, she thought of flying further away with Melissa and Joshua but couldn’t risk it, Blueblood’s pegasus guards were taking off from the airship and spreading around the village. Fluttershy watched them and the thought that they would be seen and caught made her shiver and she squeaked a little. Melissa watched as Blueblood’s guards entered Twilight’s – their – home. And blinked as one of the guards was promptly thrown off, he fly in an arc and landed on a bush some distance from the tree. She turned to look at Fluttershy with Joshua when they heard the big Pegasus squeak.

“Miss Fluttershy, what is wrong?” Joshua asked, his little arms hugging Fluttershy’s hoof.

“Oh, it is nothing, little one.” Fluttershy answered, smiling sweetly, ignoring her fears and deciding to stay put under the bush. Melissa took a few steps and kneeled down behind leaves, even ordinary leaves here were as big as a child.

The guards on the balcony waited until other guards had completely surrounded Twilight’s library tree, unicorns waiting on the ground and pegasi in the air. Five of them charged in and ran to the open door, and then gathered up. First two nodded to each other and now spread their magic shield while two guards jumped from the room. A blue bolt shot immediately towards them but was stopped by the shields. First one of them laughed. “It will take more-“ he stopped when only pony he saw was the white unicorn, he quickly turned his head around, where was the Princess?

A very large purple magical blast came from above and destroyed the staircase, making the two unicorn guards fall down. Downstairs Rarity quickly knocked the two dazed guards unconscious as they were no longer protected by the other guard’s shields.

Twilight grimaced that she had to do this to her own house but damages could be repaired, the thought of losing Melissa and Joshua to Blueblood was making her blood boil enough not to care.

Sounds of magical blast were heard by Fluttershy, Melissa and Joshua, making them fear for the worst but then they saw that only one guard ran back to the balcony, five had gone in. Melissa smiled for the first time, but then saw that a familiar figure had appeared on the airship’s open doors.

“Twilight Sparkle! You are only making this harder!” Blueblood shouted down, his voice amplified by his magic. “These little humans are my property and a distinguished Princess like yourself should not get herself tangled in this pointless matter.”

Melissa looked back, Joshua was now hugging Fluttershy’s hoof even more and the pegasus gently lowered her wing protectively on him. Twilight voice made Melissa’s head snap back towards their house. “Airship and at least two dozen guards? That doesn’t sound that you think this pointless! Or at least you had two dozen guards!” Twilight tone of voice was almost mocking.

“Nopony steals from me, Twilight!” Blueblood shouted back angrily.

“Now you done it, Twilight, you made him angry.” Rarity remarked, with a grin, even though her face showed worried.

Twilight sighed. “I don’t think we can talk this through with Blueblood… Rarity, this might be dangerous, if you want…” She looked at her friend.

“Nonsense, darling.” Rarity waved her hoof. “We are this together.”

“Thank you, Rarity.” Twilight smiled.

Outside, Blueblood was giving orders to his guards, co-ordinating them to attack all at once. He too was preparing to go in with the rest.

“Sire, she is an alicorn, it might be better…” A guard beside Blueblood started but stopped as he saw Prince’s face.

“Everyone ready? Good.” The prince grinned and with a wave of his hoof, the guards charged.

A group of unicorn guards blasted the door with their magic, small pieces of wood flew in as the door exploded. Their next blasts were stopped by Rarity’s shield, the light blue curved wall shimmered and shook but took the damage. The guards released another volley of magical blast, and Rarity showed considerable strain to keep up the shield, and the guards saw it. They grinned and started to spread out, they too were protected by a shield which was laid out over them by guards behind them, but as the guards at the front spread out, so did the shield as the unicorn guards at the back tried to protect them.

An incredibly powerful beam came from back of the library and punched through the shield, shattering it and sending two of the guards who had stood at the door stumbling back out again, taking the guards who had been behind them with them. Twilight was hovering at the back of the library, flapping her wings and her horn glowing brightly. Rarity managed to give her a short smile.

Meanwhile, unicorn and pegasi guards, along with Blueblood had landed on the balcony and rushed in. They appeared at the door, but stopped as the staircase had been destroyed earlier. The pegasi guards took into the air and charged towards Rarity and Twilight.

Rarity gasped and projected a tight shield around her just in time to protect her from the worst but now she was completely surrounded by the unicorn guards that had escaped Twilight’s blast from a moment ago and the new pegasi guards.

Blueblood saw Twilight and shot towards her a wide magical beam that forced her against the wall of the library. “Now, attack her!” Blueblood shouted as his pegasi guards flew towards her.

Twilight was stopping Blueblood’s beam with her magic, and this allowed her to concentrate for a few second before the guards would be upon her. They were being overpowered, and Twilight mind raced but saw no alternative. While shielding herself from Blueblood’s magic beam, Twilight shot at her library, directly below Blueblood.

The already weakened tree gave away and collapsed. Blueblood managed to gasp as the floor disappeared under him and he fell, along with the debris and pieces of wood which buried him under.

“Get out of here!” Twilight yelled and blasted the pegasi rushing towards her just in time, sending them tumbling on the floor. Twilight dropped down exhausted from the effort and looked at the remaining guards angrily. “I said get out!” She yelled again, taking a step towards them.

Rarity had taken a beating but had managed to protect herself with the shield. The guards around her backed away from Twilight, forming a line against her. Rarity collapsed, exhausted from the effort to keep her shield up, sighing relieved.

“Come on!” One of the guards shouted. “They can’t keep this up for long, and there are more of us outside!” He encouraged the others.

“Oh, you mean these guys?” A new voice said behind them and the guards looked back, seeing a cyan coated pegasus at the hole where the door had been. There were several other ponies outside, some were standing while others were laying down on the grass. None of the standing ponies were guards.

“Rainbow!” Twilight smiled seeing her friend.

Rainbow gave her a joyful salute with her hoof. “Sorry it took so long, Twilight, I saw Blueblood’s airship arriving here, and it took some time to arrange the ponies to help you.”

Twilight gave Rainbow a soft smile and then looked firmly at the remaining guards. “It is over.” Twilight said. “You are surrounded and out-numbered.

The guards looked back and forth nervously, and seeing on way out, one by one they gave up and surrendered.

===

“Looks like it is over, Melissa.” Joshua said quietly “I am glad that all those ponies came to help.”

They were still hiding behind the bushes, but could at least now be more calm. Joshua turned to face Fluttershy. “Miss Fluttershy, what was it you wanted to tell us?” Joshua asked carefully, looking up at the giant pegasus. Fluttershy looked at him and frowned a little. “I will tell you, but you must promise you will not tell anyone, not even Twilight.” She said firmly, looking at both Melissa and Joshua.

“I promise, Miss Fluttershy!” Joshua said excitedly, eager to hear what the gentle giant was to say. Melissa turned slowly to look at Fluttershy and nodded. Fluttershy seemed to relax and looked at them sweetly.

“I belong to a group of ponies who help humans live free in Equestria.” Fluttershy said, stunning especially Melissa.

“What!? You mean there are free humans in here?” Melissa said loudly, stepping closer to the giant.

“Yes, yes.” Fluttershy said and motioned with her hoof to them be more quiet. “Please, be careful, I don’t want anypony to hear this.”

“Please, tell us, Miss Fluttershy.” Melissa said, more quietly this time. She was stunned, human were living free in Equestria and there were ponies helping them!

Fluttershy tried again to calm them down with a wave of her hoof. “I will, I will, little ones.” She said with her calm quiet voice.

===

Prince Blueblood was still unconscious when Celestia’s guards came. They had dug him up, and found that he been knocked unconscious by the fall and debris that had fallen on top of him. He was bruised and battered but alive.

Melissa watched from Twilight’s back, with Joshua’s arms wrapped around her waist, and blinked when she recognized a familiar looking pony.

“Bon Bon?” Melissa said aloud.

Twilight looked back at Melissa and then forward again, looking the earth pony mare. She trotted to her, passing the guards she they lifted Blueblood’s body and put him in shackles along with ring to his horn to prevent the use of magic.

“Bon Bon, what are you doing here?” Twilight asked and she, along with Melissa and Joshua, were even more surprised when they heard her ordering guards.

Bon Bon looked Blueblood in disgust before finally stepping to front of Twilight. “I… I saw what Blueblood was doing to humans and what he did here…” Bon Bon said quietly, rubbing her foreleg with her hoof. She lifted her face to Twilight, Melissa and Joshua. “I worked for him… and I am sorry for all that happened to you. They say that there will be a trial and I have decided to testify against him.” She continued.

“Oh, that is great, Bon Bon.” Twilight smiled, but then made more series face, looking back at the humans.

Melissa and Joshua looked at each other, and nodded. “It wasn’t your fault.” Melissa said, biting her lip.

Awkward silence fell between them all, until Bon Bon smiled a little and turned around. “I… I hope everything goes well for you.” She said.

“Thank you, Miss Bon Bon!” Joshua shouted, as she left.

A short time later, Melissa and Joshua were standing in front of Twilight’s library, it had taken some serious damage but was repairable, Melissa estimated, looking at it.

“Melissa… what do we do now?” Joshua asked, his hand clutching her arm.

Melissa looked at him, with newly found determination. “We are going to stay here for a while, Joshua.” Fluttershy had told them that she and other ponies were secretly freeing and taking care of humans. And that their most guarded secret was a human village in Equestria, where freed humans lived on their own, in harmony with ponies. “We are going to find that human village, where humans live free.” She smiled.

END

Comments ( 13 )

Ummmm. . . Sequel?

Sounds like you didn't want to continue and just ended it as promptly as possible. Still a good concept and execution, though.

6868678 Well, I never intended making this more than 10 chapters long. But yeah, I have other stories in mind.

This is the second story that's been coma'd for a while that just got started up again, the other being knight in faded armor (now if only a few others, moon doesn't care about size, monster of canterlot, mother, lover, nothing to lose, and especially equestrian epona, could show some life other than giving it up).


Anywho definitely an action packed ending full of hope. Hopefully there'll be a sequel.

6870380 We will see. ;) Right now, I am planning another story.

Good, I think you should incorperate the season 4 finale in the next one.

Interesting story, can't wait for a sequel. :moustache:

Whoa. This was a great story!

Comment posted by Windy_Swirl deleted Aug 15th, 2020

Bah, si Blueblood cae preso por maltrato, Twilight debería caer por hurto premeditado.

Login or register to comment