• Published 29th May 2014
  • 16,906 Views, 289 Comments

Bad Therapy - Rathbane



Dr. Spiral Swirl has arrived in Ponyville to not only help ponies with their problems but take control of their minds with hypnosis.

  • ...
17
 289
 16,906

The Slave Meeting

Rarity walked up the path to Sweet Apple Acres, before pausing to yawn.
Once she was done she opened her black and white spiraling eyes and thought, Though I am excited to attend Mistress’ slave meeting, I do wish she would’ve held it at a more decent hour.
She walked into the barnyard and found it to be bustling with spiral eyed ponies gathered for the slave meeting.

She looked at the throngs of ponies, before she noticed Applejack and the others.

“Hey Rarity, we were beginning to wonder if you had been hypnotized or not,” Applejack said.

“Oh darling, for a big social event like this one must be fashionably late, even if it’s in the service of, Mistress Spiral Swirl,” Rarity said.

“Man, even being hypnotized can’t break you out of being a fancy pants,” Rainbow Dash said.

Rarity was about to retort when Pinkie handed her a muffin.

“What’s this?” she asked, looking down at the muffin that had blueberries laid out in a spiral design in it.

“It’s a mesmerizing muffin. Mistress Spiral Swirl didn’t want me serving them at her ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party, but she didn’t say I couldn’t serve them at the slave meeting.

“So now that I’m here, it looks like the only one missing it Twilight. Do you think she hasn’t been hypnotized yet?” Rarity said, as she took a bite of the muffin.

“We talked about that as well,” Fluttershy said, “She had to be in Canterlot today, so we thought if she had been hypnotized, Mistress Spiral Swirl would want her to go there so as not to arouse suspicion.”

“Our Mistress is a genius,” Rarity said.

The others nodded in agreement.

“Did Sweetie Belle come with you?” Applejack asked, “Applebloom and Scootaloo were hoping she’d be coming by.”

“She wanted to see them too, and bolted ahead of me,” Rarity said, “She’s probably with them right now.”

“Well if they want to catch up with one another, they’d better do it fast, it’ll be time to head to barn before we know it,” Rainbow Dash said.

“And then we’ll get to hear from, Mistress Spiral Swirl,” Fluttershy said happily.

Across the barnyard Sweetie Belle had joined up with Applebloom, Scootaloo, Dinky, Healing Touch, and Ebony Darkness.

“Wow, I can’t believe Mistress Spiral Swirl said she was going to let you be able to have some control of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon,” Sweetie Belle said, her voice filled with a sense of awe.

“Yeah, but that was back before we got to know them better,” Applebloom said, “It was right before we got our cutie marks, I’ll probably still asked them to do stuff, but I’m not as excited about it now as I was.”

“You’re still really lucky,” Sweetie Belle said, “I doubt she’d even think about letting me have a privilege like that after I threw a ball of yarn at her and tried to tell Princess Twilight about her hypnotizing Rarity.”

“Same here, since I kinda broke her window with my scooter,” Scootaloo said.

“Let’s not worry about that,” Applebloom said, “After all, we’re all hypnotized and we’re all here together.”

The others nodded in agreement and smiled at each other.

“So how’d you guys get hypnotized?” Scootaloo said, turning to the others.

“I came home when mom was having a session with Mistress Spiral Swirl,” Ebony Darkness said, “We talked while mom enjoyed being in a deep hypnotized sleep, and when I brought up the fact I was nervous about the magic exam, Mistress Spiral Swirl offered to help me. I remembered how much mom had said hypnosis had been helping her, so I said I’d love to try it. Next thing I know, I’m watching her watch and falling under her spell.”

She smiled as she reminisced about her own enslavement.

“I was at the hospital, job shadowing Nurse Fine Stitch,” Healing Touch said, “We were sitting in the break room, alone, when Mistress Spiral Swirl came in and said she was there to help the nursing staff experience a special stress relief technique requested by Nurse Redheart. Before we could say ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ she started swinging her pocket watch in front of our eyes.”

“She got me during Bow Casting practice,” Dinky said.

“What do you think she’s going to talk to us about tonight?” Sweetie Belle said.

“I don’t know, but whatever it is, I’ll do my best to be the best hypnotized slave I can be,” Applebloom said.

The others nodded in agreement.

In another corner of the barnyard Lyra, Bon Bon, Shadow Dancer, Dr. Whooves, and Derpy were also gathered. They were all currently laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes.

“You…you…you mean you actually ATTACKED, Mistress Spiral Swirl?” Lyra said in disbelief, as she caught her breath.

“Oh yes, I was quite upset with her having taken control of Derpy,” Dr. Whooves said, “Fortunately I was shown how good being a hypnotized slave can be, before I did any serious damage to our dear Mistress.”

“That’s almost as bad as me spying on her,” Bon Bon said, “I was sure she was up to something. Guess I was right.”

She and the others burst out laughing again.

“And the real crazy part was I almost asked Shadow Dancer to come along with me.”

“I was already under her spell at the time,” Shadow Dancer said, smiling, “Just think, all she would’ve had to do was say ‘trance time’ and things would’ve gotten real awkward for you real fast.”

“Darn right they would’ve,” Bon Bon said, as she and the others exploded into laughter again.

A short while later Rarity noticed that ponies had begun to break off and head into the barn.

“Looks like it’s time for the meeting to start,” she said.

“We’d better not keep Mistress Spiral Swirl waiting,” Rainbow Dash said, as she zoomed off into the barn.

Inside the barn the gathered ponies had formed into groups. Families, like Sweetie Belle and Rarity and the Apples gathered together. Ones whose families hadn’t been hypnotized yet gathered with close friends. Scootaloo joined up with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy while Healing Touch stood near Nurse Redheart and the other hypnotized members of the Ponyville Hospital staff.

The ponies fell silent as Spiral Swirl walked out and stood before them.

“Good evening my slaves, it’s nice to see so many smiling faces and spiraling eyes.”

“Good evening, Mistress,” the gathered crowd said in unison.

Spiral Swirl smiled and began walking back and forth in front of them.

“As you can see by the sheer number of you gathered here, that the enslavement of Ponyville is going quiet well. I’d say…sixty-five percent of you are under my hypnotic spell. Things have progressed pretty fast. Vinyl’s subliminal messages have been a big help.”

Vinyl Scratch let out an excited ‘squee’ upon hearing the praise.

“But the number of ponies coming in for a therapy session due to the subliminals has started to slow down. I guess they can only reach so many. So, I call upon you, my dear hypnotized slaves, to help me come up with ideas on how to get the remaining ponies of Ponyville to fall under my control. I’ll open up the floor to ideas.”

A few hooves immediately shot up.

“Yes, Cheerilee,” Spiral Swirl said.

“Mistress, I’ll be teaching a summer health class session next week,” Cheerilee said, “I noticed that not all of my students are here tonight. Perhaps you could come by during our unit on mental health and give a brief lecture, followed by a hypnosis demonstration.”

“An excellent idea, I’ll be there,” Spiral Swirl said.

Cheerilee closed her eyes and smiled blissfully as she took in Spiral Swirl’s praise.

“Okay, you,” Spiral Swirl said, pointing to another pony.

“I’m the mayor’s secretary,” the pony said, “She’s been kind of depressed lately. She feels now that Princess Twilight has her castle here, her position is kind of meaningless. Perhaps I could convince her to have a session with you?”

“Yes, but don’t be forceful, be tactful. It’ll be a great joy to finally have Mayor Mare under my control,” Spiral Swirl said, “Okay, Nurse Redheart, you’re next.”

“Mistress, all the staff at Ponyville Hospital have fallen under your control. Not all of them are here tonight due to the ones working the night shift keeping up appearances per your orders. Since we are all now your hypnotized slaves, you could come by some night and trigger one of us and we could take you around to patients’ rooms who were feel are well enough to experience a hypnosis session with you and you could place them under your spell.”

“Another great idea,” Spiral Swirl said.

The normally restrained Nurse Redheart did a small excited dance upon hearing the approval.

“You’re next,” Spiral Swirl said, pointing to Roseluck.

“Mistress, I was thinking maybe I could order a bunch of saimin orchids and hand them out to ponies that aren’t under your control yet. Saimin orchid pollen would place them in a light trance and you could easily pick out any target you need to hypnotize.”

“I’m going to have to say no,” Spiral Swirl said, “The idea is to hypnotize the ponies in a private, discrete situation. Your plan is neither. Plus saimin orchids are heavily regulated, if a pony from a small town suddenly ordered up a bunch of them red flags would most certainly be raised.”

Roseluck burst into tears upon being rejected by Spiral Swirl, while Daisy and Lily did their best to comfort her.

Ignoring Roseluck’s distress Spiral Swirl spotted the next volunteers, “Yes, you two.”

“We were thinking we could offer up a new service at the spa,” Lotus Blossom said.

“A total relaxation experience,” Aloe said, “We could relax ponies’ bodies.”

“And you could come in and relax their minds,” the two said in unison.

“That sounds perfect,” Spiral Swirl said.

The two spa ponies gasped excitedly and high hoofed each other.

The evening continued along in a similar fashion with Spiral Swirl accepting or denying the various ideas her hypnotized slaves came up with.

“Okay that’s enough,” Spiral Swirl said, “There were quite a few good ideas. I think I can fit them all in over the course of the week. It’ll be tight, but doable. Hopefully if enough ponies fall under my control we can move on to the final phase of my takeover of Ponyville at the next slave meeting. The meeting will most likely be a week from today at the same time, but that is subject to change, so you can look forward to Derpy delivering another letter to you.”

Derpy gave her a salute upon hearing her name.

“Now then, the meeting is adjourned. You will all return to your homes, stealthily, and avoiding any ponies that might be out and go back to bed. When you wake up in the morning you will come out of your trances and have no memory of falling back under my spell or the slave meeting. The ideas you came up with tonight will be embedded in your subconscious minds and you will treat them as completely normal. I look forward to seeing you all when it is time to execute them. Until then, relish the time you have when you’re not under my control since you won’t be able to do that for much longer. Dismissed.”

“Yes Mistress,” the crowd of hypnotized ponies said, as they turned and made their way out of the barn.

Spiral Swirl watched the departing throngs of ponies and smiled.

Soon, very soon they’ll all be mine, she thought.

Author's Note:

Well here we are, the Slave Meeting, short but sweet but oh so surreal and creepy.

We have a bigger picture of just how many ponies have fallen under Spiral Swirl's control with lots of new faces showing up.

I wanted to treat it like a corrupted social gathering, with ponies happily talking about their various enslavements as well as them now finding any attempts at thwarting Spiral Swirl to be the funniest thing ever.

I also wanted to show just how far the ponies would be willing to go to please their Mistress. Cheerilee is ready willing and able to let her young students be exposed to Spiral Swirl's hypno magic. Nurse Redheart wants the patients under her care to become mindless zombies. And of course the spa twins are more then happy to turn the spa into an enslavement factory.

So all in all more hypno shenanigans await ponyville that the non-hypnotized ponies will experience thanks to help of their own friends, loved ones, and fellows towns folk.

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.