• Published 29th May 2014
  • 16,914 Views, 289 Comments

Bad Therapy - Rathbane



Dr. Spiral Swirl has arrived in Ponyville to not only help ponies with their problems but take control of their minds with hypnosis.

  • ...
17
 289
 16,914

Fight Fire with Fire

In the dark Everfree Forest, Twilight found herself practically wrapped around a large tree branch.

Note to self: Teleporting after nearly falling under hypnosis really really messes with my teleportation navigation, she thought, as she freed herself and made her way to ground.

What am I going to do now? I have to stop her. But how? She’s got my friends under her control. I can’t go to Celestia without the risk of her triggering Luna. I could go see Cadance and Shining Armor, but she might trigger Luna and have her go to war with the Crystal Empire. Plus with the baby on the way, I can’t risk them getting hurt or hypnotized. Uggg. Who else…Discord? No, absolutely not. After he sees what she did to Fluttershy, he might disassemble her molecules, or something else extreme. Plus, Fluttershy said he’s still out visiting other reality warpers in other dimensions. His last post card said he was done visiting ‘Triangle Boy’ and was now going to visit ‘Old Letter Head,’ whatever that means.

She sat on a nearby stump to think, and then a realization hit her.

Wait! There was one pony that wasn’t there under her spell. Zecora!

Her horn glowed and she disappeared in a flash of light, only for her to reappear in front of Zecora’s hut. She knocked on the door.

“Zecora! Boy, am I glad to see you,” Twilight said, her voice filled with relief when the zebra opened her door.

“Princess Twilight, you seem stressed, forgive me for not knowing the source of your duress,” Zecora said, as she beckoned Twilight inside.

“Things are bad in Ponyville,” Twilight said, “An evil psychologist named Spiral Swirl, has been hypnotizing the citizens of Ponyville. She’s turned almost everypony into her hypnotized slaves, the mayor, my friends, even fillies. It’s all part of her crazy revenge scheme. She’s also hypnotized Princess Luna, and…she was a split second from placing me under her spell too.”

“I am thankful you didn’t fall under her spell, the consequences of your hypnosis I care not dwell,” Zecora said, calmly taking in Twilight’s tale of Spiral Swirl.

“Thanks,” Twilight said, smiling at her, “Now I just need to worry about the ponies that have fallen under her spell. They can’t be reasoned with. They won’t snap out of it on their own. They’re a hundred percent loyal to Spiral Swirl.”

Zecora and Twilight thought in silence for a moment before Zecora chimed in, “If freeing the hypnotized ponies is what you desire, then perhaps you might consider fighting fire with fire.”

“Fight fire with fire?” Twilight said in confusion, before she realized what Zecora was getting at, “Of course! We could counteract Spiral Swirl’s hypno magic with our own hypno magic!”

She then hung her head in despair.

“I just wish I knew some. Usually after I’ve witnessed a form of magic I can pretty much adapt it and use it almost instantly, but I’ve seen and experienced hypno magic from both Spiral Swirl and Blissful Trance and yet I can’t use it. I know the basics of how it works, but I just don’t know how to properly utilize it. It is one of the most complicated forms of magic out there I guess….wait! Blissful Trance! Of course, she can help us! She can help free the ponies under Spiral Swirl’s spell!”

Zecora smiled.

“Thank you so much. My head’s a little scrambled from almost being hypnotized by her still. By the time I would’ve thought of that on my own, it might have been too late. I’ll go and get Blissful Trance. No offense, but would you mind staying here? The hypnotized ponies will probably be out hunting for those Spiral Swirl hasn’t hypnotized yet. If they catch you and you fall under her spell you could reveal what we discussed, plus ponies fleeing from their hypnotized friends and family might risk running into the Everfree Forest. If they do, could you take them in?”

“Twilight Sparkle, your words do no offend, protecting fleeing ponies’ free will I will happily defend,” Zecora said.

“Thank you so much. I hope it doesn’t come to that and I can put a stop to this very soon.”

Twilight’s horn glowed again and she vanished. Zecora then walked to the window, watchful of any ponies that might be wondering by.



Blissful Trance yawned as she walked through the darkened kitchen. She used her magic to pull open the refrigerator door.

Maybe getting something to drink will help me sleep, she thought, as she looked though the contents of the fridge, Lets see here, milk, soda, OJ, purple stuff, mysterious flash of light, oooo Celestia D alright! ….wait what?!

She turned around to investigate the source of the flash of light she had seen out of the corner of her eye.

“P…Princess Twilight,” she stammered in her usual quiet voice, she immediately went into a slight bow.

“Sorry to startle you, Blissful Trance,” Twilight said, “But, I need your help.”

“My help?” Blissful Trance said, completely confused.

“Yes,” Twilight said, before recapping what was going on in Ponyville.

“That’s terrible! How could anypony do such a thing?” Blissful Trance said sadly, “She…she just took over ponies minds?”

“Yes, they’ve been turned into her hypnotized slaves.”

Blissful Trance hung her head.

“But that’s why I’ve come here. I believe you can help break the spell.”

Blissful Trance began pacing back and forth, trying to wrap her head around what Twilight had just said to her.

“When we talked during the magic exam, you said you hoped you would be able to use your hypno magic for good one day. Well, I think today is that day. We can use your hypno magic to counteract hers and bring her reign of terror to an end.”

“I…I…I don’t know. I’m not that powerful,” Blissful Trance said sadly.

“Yes you are,” Twilight said, smiling at her, “Your magic works differently then hers. Yours is more visual and instantaneous. Hers is more vocal and drawn out, which should give you an edge. Plus, I’ve experienced both your hypno magics firsthand and I do believe you have the stronger magic. Plus there’s one final factor.”

“What’s that?”

“That even though the ponies she’s hypnotized have become her hypnotized slaves, I’m sure there’s still a part of them, even if it’s minuscule, deep down that realizes what’s happening is wrong and would much rather be under your spell then hers.”

Before Blissful Trance could respond, the front door burst open and Vinyl Scratch stepped inside. Upon noticing the pair, a sadistic smile spread across her face.

“Princess Twilight, I don’t recall giving you permission to enter my home,” she said, her voice filled with malice, “But I guess it’s for the best. I came here to get my bass cannon to deal with you, but now if you’ll come quietly I’ll take you and Blissful Trance to be hypnotized by Mistress Spiral Swirl together.”

“Vinyl, how could you say something like that,” Blissful Trance said, tears welling in her eyes.

Twilight stepped in front of her.

“Don’t worry, that’s just the hypnosis talking. I won’t let her hurt you,” Twilight said, as her horn glowed and she fired a ball of magic at Vinyl. When the ball made contact it absorbed into Vinyl’s body before a series of green electrical streams crackled around her body.

“Hey! What gives, I can’t move!” Vinyl shouted in annoyance.

“What did you do her!?” Blissful Trance cried in horror.

“Don’t worry, it’s just a simple stun spell. It will wear off soon,” Twilight said, as she used her magic to remove Vinyl’s sunglasses.

Blissful Trance gasped upon seeing her sister’s black and white spiral eyes.

“That’s Spiral Swirl’s trademark. Everypony she’s enslaved has them,” Twilight said.

“And you’ll have them soon too, princess,” Vinyl said, sneering at her, “Along with all the ponies in Ponyville.”

“I…I….I’ll do it,” Blissful Trance said with quiet determination, finally having enough of Vinyl’s brainwashed mantra, “I can’t stand seeing Vinyl like this. I don’t want everypony in Ponyville to be hypnotized. I’ll do my best to break the spell.”

Twilight smiled and placed her hoof on Blissful Trance, “Thank you.”

“Don’t worry Vinyl, I’ll free you first,” Blissful Trance said, as her horn glowed.

Focus. Concentrate. Project. she thought, as she closed her eyes. She repeated the mantra again before opening her eyes, revealing them to be red and grey spirals.

“Vinyl, please look into my eyes,” Blissful Trance said.

“Ha! This will never work. I am a loyal slave to Mistress Spiral Swirl. You can’t change that,” Vinyl said, her eyes locking on Blissful Trance’s.

“Please look into my eyes and relax. Listen to me. I want to help you. Let my magic in.”

“Urgh….No! What’s happening?” Vinyl said, as her body began to relax.

“Please. Just look into my spiral eyes. Fall under my spell, not hers. Go into my hypnosis, Vinyl,” Blissful Trance pleaded.

“I…I…I…I am hypnotized by you Bliss, not Spiral Swirl,” Vinyl said, her eyes turned into black, white, red, and grey spirals for a split second before morphing into red and grey spirals, like those in Blissful Trance’s eyes.

“Did…did it really work?” Blissful Trance said, her eyes returning to normal.

“Yup. I am completely under your hypnotic spell, Bliss,” Vinyl said, a smile formed across her face.

“I…I should wake her up,” Blissful Trance said, not wanting to keep her sister under hypnosis longer then she needed to.

“Wait, I want to ask her a few things,” Twilight said, “Spiral Swirl may have given her some commands that she might not remember if she comes out of hypnosis.”

“Oh…okay. Um Vinyl, Princes Twilight has a few things to ask you. Please answer her okay?”

“Sure thing, Bliss,” Vinyl replied.

“Vinyl Scratch, did Spiral Swirl give you any new commands after I teleported away from the barn?”

“Yes, to hunt you down, along with any other non-hypnotized pony in Ponyville and bring them back to her to be hypnotized. You were given top priority though. She commanded a few of us to stay behind, but I didn’t notice who volunteered.”

“It’s just like I feared, all those ponies not under her spell yet being dragged away or chased by her hypnotized slaves,” Twilight said, her anger at Spiral Swirl growing, “How long have you been under Spiral Swirl’s spell anyways?”

“A few weeks, but not all the time. She gave me and every other pony she hypnotized a trigger phrase to bring us back under her control,” Vinyl replied.

“A trigger phrase? What was it?”

“ ‘Trance time,’ if she said or wrote that, we instantly fell back under hypnosis.”

“That’s definitely a liability. Blissful Trance, she’s under your spell now, remove that trigger.”

“Oh, um okay,” Blissful Trance said, caught off guard by the request, “Um Vinyl, the phrase ‘Trance time’ no longer works on you. If Spiral Swirl says it to you, you will no longer fall back under her hypnotic control.”

“Yes, her trigger phrase no longer works on me,” Vinyl said, flashing a satisfied smile.

“Are…are you all done? Can I please wake her up?” Blissful Trance pleaded.

“Yes, of course you can,” Twilight said, realizing how utterly uncomfortable she was with having her sister under her hypnotic spell.

“Vinyl, please wake up,” Blissful Trance said.

The spirals faded from Vinyl’s eyes and she shook off the effects of the hypnosis.

“Whoa! My brain hasn’t felt like that since I tried that super subwoofer,” she said.

“Are you okay?” Blissful Trance said, running over to her.

“I’m better then okay, I’m free,” Vinyl said, smiling at her, “And it’s all thanks to you. You broke that messed up psychologist’s hold over me; you’re an even cooler sister then ever.”

Blissful Trance smiled at the compliment.

“But what now? I can’t possibly do that to everypony in Ponyville,” she said, the lack of confidence returning to her quiet voice.

“I wouldn’t dare place a burden on you like that,” Twilight said, “What we need to focus on is freeing Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy from her control. She might have Princess Luna, but without the other Elements of Harmony as her slaves, we just might have an edge. Sorry to push you like this, but we need to move.”

“Hold it right there Twilight,” Vinyl said, “I’m gonna have to come along. Bliss is my responsibility after all.”

“Um, okay,” Twilight said, shocked to hear Vinyl take on an air of responsibly.

Vinyl then put back on her sunglasses

“Plus, I can go undercover if I need to. All hail, Mistress Spiral Swirl, etc. ect.” she said in a mock monotone.

“Let’s go,” Twilight said, as the three of them set out.




Applejack and Rainbow Dash walked along the darkened streets of Ponyville.

“Hey Twilight! Come out, come out wherever you are!” Rainbow Dash cried out.

“Do you really think that’s going to work?” Applejack asked in a sarcastic tone.

“I don’t see you coming up with any other ideas.”

“Look, we shouldn’t fight. We should focus on doing what Mistress Spiral Swirl commanded us to do.”

“Right, we must obey Mistress Spiral Swirl,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Pssst. Rainbow Dash, Applejack,” a voice from behind them said.

They both turned around to see Vinyl Scratch standing behind them.

“Vinyl? What’s up?” Rainbow Dash said.

“I found her! I found Princess Twilight,” Vinyl said.

“Really? Where?” Applejack and Rainbow Dash said in unison.

“Down that alley over there. She still looks dazed from when Mistress Spiral Swirl tried to hypnotize her,” Vinyl said, “excitement” filling her voice, “If we go after her together we might just have a chance.”

“Sounds good to me,” Applejack said.

“Mistress Spiral Swirl will be so proud of us,” Rainbow Dash said.

They quietly made their way down the alley.

“She was behind those trash cans. On three let’s get her,” Vinyl said, “One. Two.”

“Three!” Twilight said, as she jumped out from behind the trash cans and fired off a couple of stun spells, hitting both Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“What in tarnation is going on? I can’t move!” Applejack said, as the green streams of energy crackled over her body.

“Vinyl, you traitor,” Rainbow Dash said, angrily.

“You can come out Blissful Trance,” Twilight said.

Blissful Trance emerged from behind the trash cans.

“What’s with the kid?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Oh you’ll see,” Twilight said, “Ready, Blissful Trance?”

“I…I guess so,” Blissful Trance said, closing her eyes.

Focus. Concentrate. Project. she thought, as her horn glowed.

When she opened her eyes again, the red and grey spirals were once more present in them.

“Please look into my eyes,” she said, as she looked towards Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“Erg, no. What are you doing?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Can’t…look away,” Applejack said.

“Please look into my eyes. You’re both relaxing for me,” Blissful Trance said, “Let the spirals calm you. Let them loosen Spiral Swirl’s control.”

“No…can’t…” Applejack said.

“I…must…obey… Spiral…Swirl…I must obey…Spi…Bli…” Rainbow Dash stammered.

“Please let me help you,” Blissful Trance pleaded, “Please let my magic in. Please go into my hypnosis.”

Rainbow Dash’s and Applejack’s eyes flashed black, white, grey and red spirals for a split second, before they morphed into red and grey ones.

“Yes, I will go into your hypnosis,” Applejack said.

“I must obey Spiral…Swirl. I must…I must obey…Blissful Trance,” Rainbow Dash said.

I hate it when they say they must obey me, but I guess I’ll have to make an exception tonight I guess, Blissful Trance thought.

She then breathed a sigh of relief as her eyes turned back to normal, “Um, Princess Twilight might have something to ask you guys. Please answer her.”

“Of course, Blissful Trance,” the two replied.

“Do you know where the Rarity and our other friends got to?” Twilight asked.

“Rarity said she was going to hunt for you at your castle,” Applejack said.

“And I saw Pinkie Pie heading towards Sugar Cube Corner. I don’t know why though,” Rainbow Dash said, “I have no idea about Fluttershy’s whereabouts.”

“It’s a start at least,” Twilight said, “Alright, get rid of their triggers and wake them up please.”

“Yes, of course,” Blissful Trance said, “Listen to me carefully please, your trigger phrases from Spiral Swirl will no longer work on you.”

“’Trance time’ will no longer work on me,” Rainbow Dash and Applejack said in unison once more, “If I hear Spiral Swirl say it, I will not fall back under her hypnosis.”

“Thank you, now please wake up,” Blissful Trance said.

The spirals faded from their eyes and they began to shake off the effects of the hypnosis.

“Whoa nelly, my brain feels like it’s been in a stampede,” Appplejack said, “Sorry bout attacking you earlier, Twi.”

“That’s okay, you weren’t yourself,” Twilight said, thankful for her friends being back to normal.

“You did good, squirt,” Rainbow Dash said, tussling Blissful Trance’s mane with her hoof, “Uh hey, Twilight. How come you didn’t teleport or use that stun spell earlier?”

“Well, I was kind of in a state of shock from learning almost the whole town had been enslaved by Spiral Swirl and then being attacked by my friends,” Twilight replied, slightly annoyed.

“Oh yeah…sorry.” Rainbow Dash said sheepishly.

“Where to next?” Vinyl said.

“The castle,” Twilight said, before the night air was filled with a pony in the distance asking what their family member was doing and where they were taking them.

Twilight restrained Rainbow Dash from darting off to help with her magic, “And quickly.”



Rarity wondered around the map room of the castle.

“Twilight. Oh, Twilight. Where are you darling?” she said, before turning her attention towards some approaching footsteps.

Spike walked into the room yawning and stretching.

“Oh hi, Rarity,” he said upon seeing her.

“Oh hello, Spike,” she said smiling, “Have you seen Twilight by chance?”

“Not since she left to go see if there might be some sort of secret party at Sweet Apple Acres,” he said.

“That’s a shame.”

“Uh, what’s up with your eyes? They’re making me a little dizzy looking at them,” Spike said.

“Oh, these are simply the latest trend sweeping Ponyville,” she said, as she focused her magic on the young dragon, levitating him over to her, “I must take you to Mistress Spiral Swirl so she can fix you up.”

“That…that’s okay,” Spike said, getting nervous.

“Put him down, Rarity,” Twilight said, as she and the others entered the room.

“Why, Twilight,” she said, “I do hope you came to do the fashionable thing and surrender peacefully.”

“Sorry, that’s not going to happen,” Twilight said.

“Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Vinyl, would you mind assisting me in apprehending… Wait…you’re not under Mistress Spiral Swirl’s hypnotic spell anymore. You traitors!”

Her anger caused her to lose her concentration on the levitation spell and Spike fell to the ground.

“Owwww,” he moaned, “Why does that keep happening to me?”

“Well, it looks like we’re going to have to go through another uncouth fight then,” Rarity said, getting ready to fight Twilight and the others.

“Nope,” Twilight said, as she fired off a stun spell.

Rarity attempted to dodge, but it found its mark and rendered her immobile.

“Urgh, what’s going on?” Rarity demanded.

“The end of Spiral Swirl’s reign of terror,” Twilight said, “Blissful Trance, please do your thing.”

Blissful Trance nodded, as she walked towards Rarity, eyes closed, horn glowing, and repeating her mantra in her head. When she opened her eyes she stared into Rarity’s with her red and grey spirals.

“Sorry darling, but red and grey are out this season,” Rarity said.

“Please don’t say that. They’re very important and I need you to look into them,” Blissful Trance said.

“I…guess…they are sort of pretty,” Rarity said.

“Yes they are. Please look into them and watch them swirl around and around,” Blissful Trance said, taking advantage of Rarity now finding the spirals to be pretty.

“Yes…around and around….they’re so…so…”

“Hypnotic,” Blissful Trance said, completing her sentence, “Please let them hypnotize you. Let my hypnosis into your mind, not Spiral Swirl’s.”

“Yes…yes…let your hypnosis in….it’s….so…much more…fashionable, Ms. Trance,” Rarity said as she slipped free from Spiral Swirl’s control and under Blissful Trance’s influence.

Blissful Trance took a few deep breaths once she finished up.

“Are you okay?” Twilight asked.

“I’m fine,” Blissful Trance said, flashing a shy smile, “I just need to keep ‘doing my thing.’ Rarity, your trigger from Spiral Swirl doesn’t work on you anymore.”

“Of course, Ms. Trance,” Rarity said, “It’s not red and grey that are so last season, it’s ‘Trance time’ that is.”

“Thank you, now please wake up,” Blissful Trance said.

Rarity shook her head as she came out of her trance.

“I can’t believe that horrid Dr. Spiral Swirl,” she said, seething with anger, “Not only did she make me restrain Sweetie Belle so she could hypnotize her, she also made me attack you, Twilight, and she made me make her a dress for free.”

Her last comment caused the others to stare at her.

“Really?” Applejack chimed in.

“I used a lot of expensive materials in that dress, even my generosity has its limits,” Rarity protested.

“What matters is that you’re free from her control,” Twilight said, “Now let’s get moving. Hopefully Pinkie is still at Sugar Cube Corner.”

“Right!” the others called out.



Pinkie smiled at the creation she had just pulled out of the oven, it was a perfect replica of Spiral Swirl’s pocket watch in cake form. She hummed and danced as she put the finishing touches on various other hypnosis themed treats. She paused when she heard the bell ring when the door to Sugar Cube Corner was closed.

“Sorry we’re closed…unless you’re Mistress Spiral Swirl,” she said sing-songally.

“What in the world are you doing, Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash asked, as she and the others entered the kitchen.

“Well…I know Mistress Spiral Swirl commanded us to round up non-hypnotized ponies, especially Twilight. Then I realized, with so many ponies out there looking for ponies that needed to be hypnotized, this would be the perfect opportunity to prepare for Mistress Spiral Swirls’ victory surprise party. I feel so bad she didn’t get a proper ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ surprise party, because she commanded me to give her a nice simple one, that I wanted to have a huge surprise party for her when she finished hypnotizing all the ponies in Ponyville. But since Twilight’s here now, I just absolutely need to obey her and bring Twilight to her,” Pinkie said, talking in her usual rapid fire manor before picking up a spare cake and throwing it towards Twilight.

“Sorry, Pinkie,” Twilight said, as she used her magic to stop the cake mid flight, “But the party’s been cancelled.”

Pinkie picked up another piece of edible ammo to throw at Twilight, but was stopped by Twilight’s stun spell hitting her.

“Are you sure it’s safe to use that on her? She might explode from to much pent-up energy,” Applejack said.

“I sure hope not,” Twilight said, as she noticed Pinkie was actually starting to vibrate a little, “Uh, Blissful Trance, you better act quickly.”

“S…sure,” Blissful Trance said, as she began to prepare her usual routine, nervous about the vibrating Pinkie Pie as well.

Once everything was in order she looked towards Pinkie Pie with her red and grey spiral eyes.

“Um, Pinkie Pie, please look into my eyes,” she said, her quiet voice having a trace of tiredness to it, “Look into them for me please.”

“Wow! Your eyes are all swirly and whirly too!” Pinkie said excitedly, “And they’re much more colorful then the ones Mistress Spiral Swirl gave me. Hey they’re red and grey! Are you a Tolfetano Tornadoes fan?”

“What? Um…no, not really,” Blissful Trance said in confusion.

“That’s a shame, they’re doing really good this year,” Pinkie said.

“Um, please just relax for me, Pinkie Pie,” Blissful Trance said, “Please relax and listen to my voice.”

“Hey, you’re being so nice. When Mistress Spiral Swirl said ‘please’ she was kinda annoyed with me. Wait…are you trying to hypnotize me too?”

“Uhhhh…yes,” Blissful Trance said, not wanting lie as well as being unsure how to respond.

“Well, you’re doing a great job, I feel so relaxed,” Pinkie said.

“Th…thank you. Um, please relax even more. Let my Hypno Magic take over. Let me free you from Spiral Swirl’s control.”

“Let….let your Hypno Magic take over? Yes…that sounds like fun,” Pinkie said, as her eyes morphed into black, white, red, and grey spirals before settling on red and grey ones, “…….yup I was right. I feel so blissful. Hey! Your name’s Blissful Trance! And I’m in a blissful trance, isn’t that funny?”

“I guess so,” Blissful Trance said, as her eyes returned to normal. She breathed another deep breath as she wiped away some sweat with her hoof.

“You okay, Bliss?” Vinyl said with some concern.

“You can stop at anytime. I don’t want you overexerting yourself,” Twilight said, “You’ve already done so much.”

“I’m fine,” Blissful Trance said, flashing them a tired smile, “Um, Pinkie Pie, your trigger phrase from Spiral Swirl will no longer affect you.”

“Okie dokie loki,” Pinkie Pie said, “Do you want to give me a trigger phrase? They’re a lot of fun, like a surprise for your brain. One minute you’re yourself and then boom, you’re a hypnotized slave again.”

“Absolutely not,” Blissful Trance said in horror, “Please wake up from your hypnosis.”

The spirals faded from Pinkie’s eyes and immediately got on her knees in front of Twilight.

“Oh, Twilight, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean all those bad things I did to you, it was all meanie Spiral Swirl’s fault.”

“I know that, Pinkie,” Twilight said, “You’re back to your normal self now. That’s what matters most.”

Pinkie immediately perked up, “So what now?”

“Now we track down Fluttershy,” Twilight said, as she stepped outside Sugar Cube Corner.

Her journey was short lived, as something small and furry leaped out of the shadows and latched onto her face.

“AAAAAA! Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!” Twilight screamed, as she stumbled back into Sugar Cube Corner.

Rarity quickly used her magic to tear the enraged creature off Twilight’s face, before stuffing it into a drawer.

“Th….thanks, Rarity,” Twilight said, catching her breath.

“Where the heck did he come from?” Applejack said.

“Good job, Angel,” Fluttershy said, as she stepped into the doorway, “I guess we didn’t need to get Winona after all….uh where did you go, Angel?”

“You were going to steal Winona for your Twilight hunt?” Applejack said in disgust.

“I’m sorry, I would’ve asked if I knew where you had gone,” Fluttershy said, “But had I known you weren’t under Mistress Spiral Swirl’s spell anymore I wouldn’t have worried about asking.”

“What in the world happened to Angel?” Rainbow Dash asked, as she watched Twilight still struggling to catch her breath.

“Oh, I used ‘the stare’ augmented by the spirals in my eyes to turn him into a loyal attack bunny,” Fluttershy said.

“And now we’re gonna use some spiral eyes to return your loyalty to normal,” Twilight said, as she fired off a stun spell, still slightly frustrated at Angel’s attack.

Fluttershy cried out when the spell hit her and she found herself suddenly unable to move.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to make you mad. I was just doing my best to serve Mistress Spiral Swirl.”

“I’m not mad at you; I’m mad at Spiral Swirl,” Twilight said, “Blissful Trance, please help us out one last time.”

“Of course,” Blissful Trance said.

Focus. Concentrate. Project. Focus. Concentrate. Project. Focus. Concentrate. Project. she thought, finding herself needing to repeat the mantra more then normal due to the draining affect her previous uses had had on her. Still when she opened her eyes, the spirals were once again in them.

“Please look into my eyes and relax,” Blissful Trance said.

“Oh, my goodness,” Fluttershy said, as she locked eyes with Blissful Trance.

“Relax for me, please. Let me free you from her control. Let my hypnosis take hold.”
“I…I…I really shouldn’t, but…it feels so…right…” Fluttershy said.

“Thank you, I want to do the right thing and help ponies. Let me help you by hypnotizing you,” Blissful Trance pleaded.

“Yes…helping ponies…is the right thing. Being hypnotized by you….is the right thing. I will be hypnotized by you,” Fluttershy said, smiling as she fell under Blissful Trance’s spell.

Blissful Trance smiled upon seeing Fluttershy’s eyes become red and grey spirals, right before she passed out.

“Bliss!” Vinyl cried out.

“Oh my goodness, what happened?!” Rarity said, as she and the others went to help the young filly.
“She burned herself out I think,” Rainbow Dash said.

After a few minutes Blissful Trance’s eyes opened back up and she cautiously got to her feet.

“Are you okay, Bliss?” Vinyl asked.

“Y…yes. I think so,” Blissful Trance said.

“That was very dangerous,” Twilight said, “You should’ve told us the multiple uses of Hypno Magic was wearing you out.”

“I know…I just wanted to help…free all your friends,” Blissful Trance said still slightly out of breath.

“We would’ve been fine with just the five element bearers not under her influence. You’ve already done so much for us, you don’t need to push yourself beyond your limits,” Twilight said, “But you pushed yourself for all the right reasons, so…I’m not sure what to feel right now.”

“Well I’m feeling an urge to buck Spiral Swirl in her stupid face right now,” Vinyl said.

“I’ll second that,” Applejack said.

“Let’s focus on beating up Spiral Swirl when Fluttershy’s back to normal,” Rainbow Dash said, pointing to the smiling spiral eyed Fluttershy.

“Oh no, how long was I out? How long was she like this?” Blissful Trance said, worried about having a pony under her spell longer then necessary.

“Only a few minutes,” Twilight said, “And remember what Sweetie Belle said, being under your spell is a very pleasant experience.”

“I know, I just don’t want them to be under it for too long,” Blissful Trance said, “Um, Ms. Fluttershy, your trigger phrase from Spiral Swirl will no longer work on you.”

“I understand. I am free from the effects of the phrase ‘trance time,’” Fluttershy said, her quiet voice now a monotone.

“Please wake up for me,” Blissful Trance said.

“Oh my goodness,” Fluttershy said, as the spirals faded from her eyes, “That may have only been a few minutes, but I definitely liked being hypnotized by you a lot more then by Dr. Spiral Swirl.”
Blissful Trance smiled at her compliment.

“Alright, let’s go get the ‘good’ doctor,” Applejack said.

“What about Bliss and I?” Vinyl said.

“I’m sorry, but even though she’s worn out, it might be best for you two to come with us. You could be attacked for not being hypnotized anymore, and if word gets out about what she’s been able to do, there could be real trouble,” Twilight said.

“I understand,” Blissful Trance said.

“Then let’s go!” Twilight said.



The trek to Sweet Apple Acres was long and slow, since they had to slip into a hiding spot every so often to avoid the occasional hypnotized pony passing by, searching for Twilight and other victims for Spiral Swirl.

Eventually they made it to the farm and up to the barn where Spiral Swirl was waiting on word from her slaves.

“Looks clear,” Applejack said, as the group approached it.

“Not so fast,” Lyra said, as she, Bon Bon, Octavia, Derpy, Doctor Whooves, Big Mac, and Bulk Biceps emerged from the shadows.

“Vinyl, I’ve known you to be many things. Loud, messy, but I never figured you would be a traitor,” Octavia said.

“Okay, even though it’s because I’m not a hypnotized slave anymore, I’m kinda getting sick of being called a traitor,” Vinyl said.

“Twilight, just stun these guys so we can get this over with,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Right,” Twilight said, as her horn glowed.

Before she could cast the spell, the hypnotized ponies let out a collective, “Rargah!” as they performed a flying leap. Each one tackled their own target and they all proceeded to fly or tumble down into the orchard below.

Having found herself spared by ducking out of the way, Blissful Trance turned to look for any signs of life.

“Vinyl? Princess Twilight? ….uh oh,” she said.

Author's Note:

And so we enter part ten where there is at last a bit of light in the darkness.

Blissful Trance steps up in a big way to let her good hypnosis finally start freeing ponies from Spiral Swirl's evil hypnosis.  I wanted to make her hypnosis seem as pure as possible, with her over abundance of saying "please" to her hypnosis subjects and not wanting them to be under her power for too long.  Even though she can counteract Spiral Swirl's hypnosis, she's still just a filly and gets burned out easily as you can see.  And yes I did have her reenact that old Sunny D commercial XD

Plus I gave Twilight a new powerful spell in the form of her stun spell, that I tried to give some unique flare to.

With the mane six now free along with Vinyl the showdown will soon commence, though not before them having to deal with Spiral Swirl's hypnotized "elite guard, in the form of the hypnotized background ponies.

I wanted to bring in Zecora too, but not to be hypnotized, but to be more like a mentor style figure to Twilight as she sets about undoing what Spiral Swirl has done.

As always please comment and let me know your thoughts my friends.