• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 9,921 Views, 510 Comments

Born to Chaos and Nightmares - Thorax



The child of Nightmare Moon and Discord, what more do you want?

  • ...
16
 510
 9,921

Episode 1: Good Morning (Part 2)

"The Twilight Sparkle?!" stuttered the filly Draconequus.

The lavender mare nodded

Lucid was absolutely stunned; she hadn't recognized the teacher from behind. However, now that she was able to get a good look at her, she looked no different than she had in her aunt’s rather large collection of photos. She looked only a few years older than she had in the picture that sat above Celestia's desk.

"But that's impossible, you disappeared 160 years ago. You couldn't possibly be the same pony!"

Twilight gave an awkward chuckle Sure is an inquisitive child.

Remind you of anyone? answered a familiar regal voice from within her mind.

Nope, no one at all, she silently answered

The disembodied voice gave a soft regal laugh. You know very well who I'm talking about, my faithful student.

Nope, no clue she lied

Meanwhile beyond the confines of the mare's mind.

"Wow, nice going weirdo, you broke our teacher," whined one of the students, a brown Unicorn colt, his coat perfectly groomed and not a single strand of his mane lay out of place.

Lucid was cut off by another colt before she could give a proper retort.

"Don't call her a weirdo," spoke a white colt, also a Unicorn, as climbed out of his seat. "Do you even know who she is?!"

The brown colt laughed, then said, "Some freak from Trottingham? How the buck am I supposed to know?"

The white colt was stunned. How could anypony not know who that was? She was one of the future rulers of Equestria, heck, there were only two members of her species.

"She's Lord Discord and Princess Dreams' kid, do you live under a rock?" said the white colt.

The brown colt was about to speak when the realization finally hit him and a look of terror spread across his face. Without saying another word, he returned to his seat making sure not create any more eye contact with the newly discovered Princess.

After several seconds of awkward silence the voice of a filly somewhere in the room spoke up.

"Since the teacher's broken, can we go home?"

The other children slowly looked around the room at each other, each waiting for another student to be the first to stand up and leave, at least that way they could pin the blame on them, should they get in trouble.

Several Minutes later Back in Twilight's Noggin

I didn't spend that much time in Library! whined the mare

Oh one second, spoke the voice in her head. Luna put that down. *Silent Pause* No, I said you could have some when they've cooled off. *Silent Pause* Don’t do it, I swear if you put that in your mouth Luna, I will send you to your moon. *Silent Pause* That's it!

Twilight cringed as the sounds of large metal objects clattering and falling echoed through her mind

Oh for the love of me Luna, look what you did. I really liked that Oven too. Wait a second, Twilight are you watching the class?

Yes, answered the Lavender mare with a forced chuckle

Hmm, that's strange could you tell me why one of the staff member's foal is home? He says his teacher broke, so they could go home early

Twilight quickly snapped back to reality and her new found fears were confirmed. Almost all of her student had left during her little conversation, only three remained. A Filly Draconequus and Unicorn Colt and a Griffin sleeping at one of the back decks.

What? Twilight asked herself flatly. Why is there a Griffin in a class for advanced magics?

As she took a step forward she was met with the sudden impact of an unseen object. After several more failed attempts to advance towards the Griffin, she finally caught on to what was hampering her progress. During her little private conversation one of her little "ponies" had placed conjured a mime box around her, and she had a good idea which one.

With a flare of her horn she disappeared from her invisible prison. Only to reappear across the room seconds after.

The Griffin slept soundly at the small wooden desk, completely oblivious to everything that had occurred. Twilight couldn’t help but laugh, the first class hadn’t even begun and one of her students had already found her boring enough to sleep in her class.

"Kid wake up." She spoke as she shook the sleeping Griffin's arm

Life slowly stirred in the Griffin as he tried to bat his teachers hoof away

"I'm up mom, I'm up." he mumbled as he slowly rubbed his eyes. After a few seconds of awkward stares the young Griffin came to the realization he wasn't snug in his bed.

"I was listening, I was just closing my eyes I swear!" Blurted the panicked child

"It's okay kid." Twilight spoke softly "Due to some unforeseen events class has been canceled. Either way, I don't think this is the class you're supposed to be in."

A look of dread and panic spread across the Griffins face as he quickly darted over to the rows of cupboards that were designed to hold the student's belongings. A few seconds of searching and he had retrieved his backpack. With a bit of rummaging he pulled a crumpled piece of paper, which he quickly read over.

"Is this Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns?"

"Yes" answered Twilight "I believe you wanted Luna's School for Mythical Creatures. It's actually right across the street"

"Nope, this is the right school."

"You are aware, this is a school for Gifted Unicorns, correct? In fact to gain entrance you have to pass a magical test"

Actually, we got rid of the requirement about 100 years ago, now we teach advanced magic to anyone who wants to learn it, rang the voice once again.

Why? the lavender mare silently asked

Ran out of Dragon eggs, we were originally just going to turn the school into "Celestia's School for Gifted Bakers." However, it just didn't have the same appeal, so we gave that school to Discord.

Twilight was once again knocked from her conversation by an outside voice.

"Miss Teacher are you alright?"

Twilight gave a quick nod "You can call me Miss Sparkle, can you tell me why you enrolled in a school for Unicorns?"

"Well my dad is a Unicorn and my Moms a Griffin, but they thought that, even though I was a griffin, maybe I could use magic still."

Is that even possible?

You know, I've never thought about it. Do it for science, I know how much you love science

Mi amor science.

"Well then," Twilight said with a sigh as she looked across the row of sad looking empty desks. "I guess class is dismissed, I'll see you all tomorrow morning." Twilight turned back to her desk as she began to gather her lesson plans for the day.

"Wait," Lucid finally spoke "Where have you been? Auntie Celestia says you vanished a hundred and sixty years ago. In fact how are you even alive? Aren't you like Two hundred and fifty or something?"

"Did she now?" Asked the mare with a sly grin and a raised eyebrow. "I don't think vanished is the proper term, when something is planned, and I'll have you know, I'm only Two Hundred and twenty." She added with a hiss.

"What do you mean planned? You dropped off the face of Equestria!"

"Well kid, when you spend your life saving Equestria, you need a vacation eventually. So I spent most of my time in my own little world, if you will. I also spent a good amount of time training with many different mentors. As for my status of still living, you're all aware that powerful Unicorns are able to extend their lives through magic?"

The three children nodded in confirmation

"Well, what if I told you, having pure magic running through your blood stream does wonders for your health? Though, it's a killer on security scanners and Television signals. Though, if you want a real explanation you'll have to bring it up tomorrow during history. Now run along, I've got a schedule to make for tomorrow."

With that the three children packed up their belongings and headed out the door. Each of them turning to head off in their own direction.

"Wait" spoke the filly.

The Colt and the Griffin halted in their tracks as they turned to face the Draconequus

"Yes?" they spoke in unison.

"We didn't actually get a chance to talk, my name is Lucid." she said as she stuck her hand out.

"Nice to meet you Lucid. My name is Quartz," answered the colt as he gave a quick shake. "And you, Griffin?" asked Quartz as he gave a quick glance to the Griffin.

The young Griffin gave a sigh "Fine, my names Finn, nice to meet you."

"Well then," Lucid said cheerfully. "Nice to meet you Quartz and Finn, I'll see you both tomorrow." With one final wave the three of them dispersed each heading off to their own home. Their first day of school was complete and they had already made new friends.