• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 42,019 Views, 2,939 Comments

Journey to My Imagination - DeiStar



In a strange event, Lauren Faust is teleported to Equestria.

  • ...
136
 2,939
 42,019

Friends

Chapter 2: Friends
*****

“I'm sorry, what did you say?” Lauren asked. She could hardly hear the soft voice of Fluttershy.

“My name is... Fluttershy,” she replied with a louder tone. It was still a bit faint, but understandable.

“Fluttershy, what a lovely name!” Lauren exclaimed, biting on the extra daisy sandwich she had in her right hoof.

Fluttershy didn't answer. Instead, she gave a confused stare at Twilight.

She is really sweet in person. Then again, she's the Element of Kindness. Still shy, though. Lauren smiled, giving another bite to her sandwich. She was starting to love the flavor of the honey-like flavored daisies in her mouth.

“So, w-where did you two meet? I mean, if it's okay t-to ask...” Fluttershy asked, exchanging stares between Twilight and Lauren.

“Well the truth is... last night, I found her unconscious, outside in the storm.” Twilight had no reason to lie to her friend. She knew Fluttershy was someone of trust.

“Oh my, that sounds awful.” Fluttershy raised her head and looked at Lauren. Her expression was showing concern for the alicorn-in-secret, who was a few bites away from eating her entire sandwich.

“Well, is not that bad as it sounds.” Twilight stared at Lauren, unsure if she should tell Fluttershy about her memory loss. Lauren nodded, as if she was giving permission to Twilight to say what happened. “Well, she lost her memory. She could only remember her name, but nothing else. She even forgot how to use magic,” she added.

Fluttershy gasped, raising her head. She gave a shocked look at Lauren. She felt sorry for the poor unicorn. Even if Lauren had a smile on her face, she could tell she was very concerned about the matter. “I’m so sorry to hear that,” she muttered.

“Uh, It’s okay, really,” Lauren replied, nodding with her head and eating the remains of her daisy sandwich. She tried to swallow fast so she could keep talking. “Twilight is helping me, so it will be okay.” She pointed her hoof at Twilight, who reacted a bit surprised by the mention of her name. I hope Twilight can help me out, but not to recover my ‘lost memory’. I need to find a way back home. “She was kind enough to let me stay with her for the time being,” she commented.

A few seconds of silence passed. The other ponies were running their usual errands, unaware of the alicorn who was relatively close to them. Caramel and Doctor Whooves were finished fixing the hole in the roof. Lyra and Colgate were gone already.

Twilight finally spoke, breaking the ice. “So, Fluttershy, remember why I wanted to meet you here?” she asked the pegasus, who stared right back at her.

“Oh, right, you wanted me to come with you to see Rarity,” she answered, remembering why she was there in the first place.

“Yes, I decided to take Lauren as well, so she can meet you all,” Twilight added, pointing her hoof at Lauren.

“By the way, um, isn’t that the dress Rarity designed for you, for your birthday?” Fluttershy asked, noticing the familiar dress the ‘unicorn’ was wearing. It was indeed that plain dress Twilight wore. Somehow, it looked nicer on Lauren.

“Yes, I…” I can’t say she’s using it to hide her wings. What do I tell her? Ah, I know. “She saw the dress at the library, and she totally liked it. So she asked me if she could wear it,” Twilight replied, staring right away at Lauren.

Oh, I see. As much trust as Twilight has towards Fluttershy, she doesn’t want to reveal my secret. “Yes, this dress is lovely!” Lauren exclaimed, raising one of her hooves and pressing it against the dress, staring at the regal pink ribbon around her neck.

“Oh, that's nice.” Fluttershy smiled and tilted her head a bit to the right.

“Well then… shall we get going now?” Twilight turned around and began to walk, leading the way. Fluttershy nodded and followed Twilight.

Well, I really don’t know which way to go. Lauren began trotting, catching up with Twilight and Fluttershy.

Nine hours had passed since Lauren's arrival at Equestria and something was bugging her since her arrival, it was Twilight’s voice. Each time she heard Twilight speak, she thought about Tara Strong, her voice actor. But the longer she was sticking around Twilight, the more she seemed to care less about it. She was also wondering why she looked like her Original Character. Same mane, same coat color, same eyes, and same cutie mark. The only difference was her size, from Celestia-size to normal pony-size.

I’ve been missing since last night. Did John and George leave without me? Or did they notice I went missing and called the police? Does Craig know about it? “Oh, Craig…” she whispered.

“Craig? Who’s Craig?” Twilight stopped walking, giving a confused look at Lauren. Fluttershy stopped at well, re-adjusting her saddlebags.

Oh darn, I thought out loud again! “Uh, what do you mean?” Lauren asked Twilight.

“You just whispered ‘Oh, Craig’ didn’t you?” Twilight replied and her head tilted slightly. “Do you know somepony named Craig?”

“Oh, he is my…” How do I say it? “Special… somepony,” she mumbled, staring deeply at Twilight, looking for the first reaction in her face. She was surprised to notice a grin forming in Twilight’s mouth.

“Do you mean, you remembered your special somepony?” Twilight exclaimed in joy, bouncing up and down on her hooves.

Sure, let's go with that. “Yeah, I remember now, he’s my special somepony,” Lauren replied, looking at Twilight who was still bouncing in her hooves.

“Those are wonderful news!” Twilight exclaimed, “It means you’re progressing in getting your memory back!” she added, with an even greater grin than the one she had before.

I guess that’s one way to put it. “I think that’s it! I remember him! He is my husband,” Lauren nodded. Fluttershy was only smiling at her.

“I’m glad for you, Lauren. I’m sure I can help you get your memory back in no time! And maybe find out more about who you are!” Twilight exclaimed, stopping the bouncing and turning back to continue their way.

I wish I could tell you who I really am, Twilight… I’m sorry for causing you all this trouble. “Thanks, Twilight.” Lauren started walking, along with Fluttershy who kept silent the entire conversation.

The three ponies walked through some streets of Ponyville. Lauren could recognize some of them, thanks to some elements from the town, such as the fountain in the central square and the Celestia statue, in another square. She kept gazing around, looking at the clouds the pegasi had spread around the skies of Ponyville. She looked at some little fillies, playing carelessly, chasing each other. She even took her time to examine the ponies she was running into. Some of them did appear in the show, but they didn’t have a name. But as there were ponies she couldn’t name or recognize, there were others she did know. She saw Cheerilee walking towards a different direction from where Twilight, Fluttershy and herself were going. She must be going to the school, I think.

After a few moments, the trio turned left in an intersection, and Lauren could recognize one house right away, from the distance. There’s no mistaking it, that’s Sugarcube Corner! But, why Sugarcube Corner? Weren’t they going to meet Rarity? She thought they were heading to Carousel Boutique the whole time. Maybe they agreed to meet there? I wonder if Pinkie Pie or anyone else will be there, too. She kept staring at the candy-looking house. The brown chocolate roof, creamed at the edges. On one side, the statue of a pony holding a caramel cane. The purple chimney, conformed by three pipes. And the big, cupcake-shaped room at the top of the house, which it was most likely Pinkie’s room. Everything was just as she drew it.

The three ponies walked towards the door. Twilight stepped forward and knocked the door. “Pinkie Pie, are you home?”

The door opened and a pink Earth Pony jumped out of it. “Twilight! Hello!” The overjoyed pony yelled, jumping in front of her.

“Eh, hi, Pinkie,” Twilight replied, trying to calm down the anxious pony.

“Oh! Fluttershy too! Hello, how-“ Pinkie jumped in front of Fluttershy, before noticing the additional pony who was with them. Fluttershy squeaked a little. She was startled by Pinkie's sudden gasp, followed by a rapid dash towards Lauren. “Hi! You’re a new face! What’s your name? What’s your favorite color? Do you want a cupcake?” Pinkie attacked Lauren with questions, sticking a pink cupcake out of nowhere.

“Umm... Hello?” She talks really fast, I can't keep up! Wait, where did that cupcake even come from? “I’m Lauren, nice to meet you. Uh, sure, I’ll take a cupcake.” She smiled back, taking the cupcake with her hoof. Typical Pinkie Pie, always so happy and energetic... and random.

“I’m Pinkie Pie! But all my friends call me Pinkie, you can do it too!” She stared at Lauren, with a huge grin in her face.

“Of course, Pinkie,” Lauren replied with a chuckle, looking at the pink cupcake. My… Pinkie’s cupcakes, if I created them as delicious as they seem to be in the show… Lauren moved the cupcake to her mouth and gave it a nibble. This cupcake, it tastes so… “Yummy!” she exclaimed. Pinkie began bouncing in joy.

Twilight, who was only staring at Pinkie Pie, walked towards them. “Um, yeah, she is Lauren. She a friend of mine,” she said, staring at Lauren who was finished eating the cupcake she had.

“Oh! How did you meet? I have never seen her around Ponyville before.” Pinkie jumped in front of Twilight.

“Actually, I met her last night.” Twilight then, explained the whole situation to Pinkie, just like she did with Fluttershy. The only thing she didn’t mention was the fact that Lauren was an alicorn.

“Aw, I’m so sorry to hear that,” Pinkie said, “but cheer up, everything will be alright!”

“Thanks, Pinkie,” Lauren replied with a smile on her face. “I know it will.”

“Uh, Pinkie Pie,” Fluttershy mumbled. Pinkie Pie jumped in front of Fluttershy. “Um, here are the things you asked me to get.” Fluttershy lifted a wing and opened her right saddlebag. She withdrew the cherry she bought earlier, along with three walnuts. She extended her wing to hand them to Pinkie.

“Yay! Thanks, Fluttershy!” Pinkie squealed, accepting the items. “Now I can finish my cake!”

“Um, no problem, Pinkie Pie.” Fluttershy muttered, smiling at her happy friend.

“We were actually heading to visit Rarity, do you want to join us?” Twilight asked. The happy, pink pony's smile lowered slightly.

“Oh, I’m sorry, but I have to finish a cake! Mr. and Mrs. Cake had to go out with the twins and they trusted me to finish their cake,” Pinkie replied, “but say hi to Rarity for me!”

“Sure thing, Pinkie. See you later.” Twilight waved her hoof.

“Alright! And nice to meet you Lauren! I'm always happy to make new friends!” Pinkie yelled at her, waving her hooves in excitement. Her trademark smile returned.

“Nice to meet you too, Pinkie!” Lauren answered, waving back. “And thanks for the cupcake!” she added.

The three ponies turned back and walked away from Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie went back inside. She went to the kitchen and placed the cherry and walnuts over a table. “Lauren is nice!” she exclaimed, grabbing a cup of flour from the cupboard. “It’s funny… I feel like if I’ve known her for a long time!” She placed a hoof on her muzzle and laughed. “Okay, let’s bake!”

*****

There was nothing but silence in the darkness.
‘Crack’

*****

It was already noon in Ponyville.

“Hey! Hey, Rainbow Dash!” a female voice yelled. “How about if you stop slacking off on that cloud and help me with all these apples?”

“Now, hold on, Applejack. I agreed to help you, but I need a break!” Rainbow replied, “just five more minutes!”

“You’re such a lazy mare. You’ve only been helping for like fifteen minutes!” Applejack yelled back at Rainbow Dash.

“And now I need a break!” Rainbow replied, resting her head in the soft cloud she was laid on.

“I can keep doing this for hours without taking a break, you’re just super softy,” Applejack said.

Rainbow stood up from the cloud and flew down to Applejack. She stood right in front of her and raised a hoof, pointing it right between Applejack’s eyes. “Do not ever call me a super softy!” Rainbow replied, “I can get the job done way faster than you could!” She put her hoof down, striking it firmly on the ground.

“Remember. No apples, no cider.” Applejack began to persuade Rainbow. “I bet I can get the job done in less than a minute. You couldn’t do it faster.” She turned back and raised her tail to brush Rainbow’s face with it.

Rainbow had enough, she hated when the ponies doubted about her capacity. Even more if it was Applejack. Even though she was her best friend, she was also her greatest rival.

“I will show you whose the super softy!” Rainbow soared from the ground with her wings. She took aim at the apple orchard and flew right to them. With ease, Rainbow began striking tree after tree, moving to the next one in a matter of seconds. The apples from the trees fell down inside the baskets below the trees.

“That Rainbow, it’s so easy to trick her.” Applejack told to herself, while laughing.

And in less than a minute, all the trees in the orchard lost their apples. Applejack began picking up the baskets, to place them inside the barn.

Rainbow flew in front of her friend and mockingly laughed. “Ha, I told you I could get the job done in less than a minute!” She smiled, proud of her good work.

“Yep, you were right, Rainbow. Thanks for the help, sugarcube,” Applejack replied between chuckles, going inside the barn to stash the apples. “I promise you’ll get the tastiest cider you’ve ever had,” she added, leaving to barn to pick up more apples. “But now, help me stash those apples.” She pointed her at the tons of baskets filled with apples, below the trees.

“Aw, alright,” Rainbow muttered, flying towards some apple baskets under a tree.

*****

Twilight noticed the stare exchanges between Lauren and Fluttershy, suddenly thinking of something. “Hey, I have an idea!” she exclaimed all of a sudden, causing the other two mares to stop walking, swiftly staring at Twilight, who turned back to them. “Do you want to stop by and get a cider?” she asked them.

Cider? I’m sure she means the cider the Apple family makes every year. Lauren stared at Twilight, a bit surprised of her sudden offer.

“Oh um, sure. I mean, if that’s ok with you,” Fluttershy mumbled.

“And while we’re at it, I can introduce you to my friend who works at the farm,” Twilight commented and looked at Lauren, who nodded in agreement. “Perfect, then let’s go! The Apples said they would only make cider for today.” Twilight began walking, towards Sweet Apple Acres.

Lauren and Fluttershy walked behind Twilight. Oh, I didn't know the Apples make cider outside of the cider season. That’s interesting. I can't wait to meet Applejack!

*****

Applejack and Rainbow finished stashing all the apples inside the barn. Rainbow did the job quickly due her anxiety for cider.

“Thanks for your help again, Rainbow.” Applejack said, grabbing one basket of apples from the barn. “Now let’s go make you some cider!”

“Finally! I can’t wait!” Rainbow squeaked, jumping behind Applejack, who was heading back to her house.

“Uh, wait, is that…” Applejack noticed three ponies walking towards the farm. “Oh hey, it’s Twilight, and Fluttershy too.” She changed her route towards the entrance, so she could greet her friends.

“Oh come on, couldn’t they show up later?” Rainbow complained, flying behind Applejack.

Applejack noticed the third pony who was with her two friends. She couldn’t recognize the new face, though.

Rainbow noticed the extra pony as well. She moved her mouth close to Applejack's ear. “Hey, Applejack, who is that unicorn?” she whispered.

“I don’t know, Rainbow, I’ve never seen her around,” Applejack whispered back, trying to get a better look at her face.

Both ponies finally reached the farm entrance, standing right in front of their two friends and the unknown pony.

Oh, if it isn’t Applejack, and Rainbow Dash is with her. Wow, her rainbow mane looks absolutely gorgeous in person. It is nothing like in the show at all! Lauren thought, looking at Rainbow who was looking funny at her.

“Howdy, Twilight, and Fluttershy,” Applejack greeted her friends. Fluttershy gently waved her hoof. “And howdy… stranger,” she said, staring at Lauren.

“Oh, Applejack, Rainbow Dash,” Twilight greeted her friends, “She is Lauren, a friend of mine.” She pointed her hoof at the alicorn, who grinned back at Applejack.

“Nice to meet you, Miss Lauren.” Applejack smiled at Lauren.

“Yeah, hi, I’m Rainbow Dash! The best and most awesome flyer in all of Equestria!” Rainbow flew in front of her, with her usual conceited grin.

That’s Rainbow for sure... Lauren chuckled and properly introduced herself. “I’m Lauren, it’s nice to meet both of you.”

“So, Twilight, what can I do for you?” Applejack asked. Twilight must had a reason to show up at the farm.

“Oh, I remembered you told me you would have cider only for today, so we decided to stop by,” Twilight explained. Although that was the reason they were there in the first place, Twilight also wanted to stop by to introduce Lauren to Applejack. Luckily for her, Rainbow was there already, meaning she didn’t have to look for her now.

“Yep, but we just harvested the apples, so I was about to start making it.” Applejack pointed at the apple basket she was carrying.

“That’s okay, Applejack. We were heading to Rarity’s. Maybe we can come get some when we return?” Twilight asked her, she was a bit disappointed she didn’t have the cider already.

“For sure, take your time, sugarcube. I’ll have plenty of cider ready for you all when you come back,” Applejack replied, staring at Rainbow. “Of course, if somepony doesn’t drink it all.”

“Hey, what do mean with that?” Rainbow complained, “I’m not gonna drink all the cider!”

“You better not,” Applejack chuckled, “well, it was nice meeting you, Miss Lauren. You gotta try out the Apple family’s cider.”

“I will, thanks, Applejack, it was nice meeting you, and you too Rainbow Dash.” She stared at the impatient pegasus. She only wanted to drink the cider already. It's true, Applejack does smell like apples.

“We’ll come back later then,” Twilight finally added, before waving her hoof and turning back. Fluttershy and Lauren did the same and walked behind her. She couldn't help but notice a change in Rainbow's mood. From her typical energetic self to a curious and analytical one. “It must be my imagination,” she concluded, focusing on meeting Rarity.

“Hey, Applejack.” Rainbow landed her hooves in the ground and approached her.

“Patience, Rainbow. I’ll get on the cider right now,” Applejack muttered.

“No, no, it’s not that, it’s about that pony, Lauren.” Rainbow pointed her hoof at the pony that was walking away from the farm. Applejack stared back at Lauren, and then returned her stare to Rainbow.

“What about her? She seemed nice to me. What’s the matter?” Applejack was starting to wonder what was bugging Rainbow.

“Nothing, I mean… I don’t believe it. I’m not even sure how or why,” she mumbled, staring back at Lauren.

“What is it, Rainbow?” Applejack asked again, staring deeply into Rainbow’s eyes.

“I will tell you after I get my cider,” Rainbow said, turning back to Applejack's house.

*****

I can’t believe it, I’ve been meeting my own creations. Not only that, but I’m becoming their friends. How many creators could say that after all? But, I still don’t how what’s going on, or what should I do. Is there even a way back home? She kept wondering herself until one place caught her attention.

Finally, they arrived at Carousel Boutique. Lauren looked at the blue walls, the purple stripped poles, the pony mannequins, the purple and lilac diamond patterns on the roof, and the simple red flag at the top. Every single detail… exactly as I drew it, it’s amazing. She stopped to admire at her work.

“Lauren, are you coming? Hurry up!” Twilight called.

“Yeah, excuse me.” She started to move again, a bit annoyed. She didn’t like when someone rushed her to do something, but she didn’t make a big deal out of it.

Twilight and company stood in front of the door. She raised her hoof and proceeded to knock the door. “Rarity? It’s me, Twilight!” Ten seconds passed, there was no answer. She tried knocking again. “Rarity, are you home?” But no one answered.

“Well, I guess she’s not home.” Twilight turned back looking at Fluttershy and Lauren. “Maybe she went to deliver some dresses.”

“Um, but,” Fluttershy mumbled, “She asked me to buy some items for her. Why would she leave without even leaving a note?” she added, opening her left saddlebag to check the items Rarity asked her for.

“Maybe she had to leave or something,” Twilight replied, “well, what do we do now?”

“Uh,” Lauren interrupted, “how about if we go back to Applejack’s to drink some of the cider she promised?”

“Yeah, that’s a good idea, Lauren!” Twilight walked towards Fluttershy, raising one hoof and placing it on Fluttershy’s shoulder. “But… Fluttershy, could you go ahead for now? We’ll catch you later.”

“Oh, okay, Twilight,” Fluttershy whispered.

Twilight approached her mouth very close to Fluttershy’s ear. “And when you arrive, please tell Rainbow and Applejack about the issue with Lauren, please,” she whispered, low enough so only Fluttershy could hear. She nodded, trotting away to Sweet Apple Acres.

“Eh, Twilight… what was all that about?” Lauren asked. Why would she ask Fluttershy to leave?

“I need to tell you something important, about your problem,” Twilight responded, with a more serious tone than before.

“What about it?” Lauren asked.

“I think the only one who can help us figure out what’s going on is Princess Celestia.” Twilight raised a hoof, placing it on her chin. “You heard of her before, right? Last night at the library, I told you that she and Princess Luna, are the only alicorns.”

That’s right, Twilight, I know exactly who Princess Celestia is. And I know she and Luna are the only alicorns. “Yes, you told me that, but…” But, I doubt that even Celestia knows what’s going on with me. Sure, she is wise and everything, but not even she would know what a ‘human’ is. “How could she help me?” Lauren asked, hoping for an answer from Twilight.

“I’m not sure what she can do to help us, but she must know at least something,” Twilight said. She looked back at the path Fluttershy took to go back to Sweet Apple Acres and turned her head to Lauren. “We have to go to Canterlot, that’s where the Princess lives.”

“But, what about Fluttershy and Applejack and-” Lauren was interrupted by Twilight.

“I’m sorry, but your situation is more important right now. I’ll apologize to them later.” Twilight said, lowering her head. She didn’t want to disappoint her friends, but she knew they would understand. She told Fluttershy to tell them about the matter after all.

“Okay, I understand. How do we reach Canterlot?” Lauren asked. She knew plenty of ways to reach Canterlot: Train, Twilight’s hot air balloon, Royal Chariot, etc.

“We’ll take the train. If we hurry, we can reach Canterlot tonight,” Twilight decided. They had to talk to Celestia.

“Okay, Twilight, let’s go then.” Lauren could only agree with Twilight. I really doubt Celestia will know something about the matter, but it could be worth a shot.

*****

“Alright, Rainbow, here it is,” Applejack called Rainbow Dash over the kitchen. Over the table was a big jar of fresh cider.

“About time!” Rainbow eagerly approached the table and grabbed the jar with one hoof. She began drinking the cider, with each glug deeper than the last one.

“Wow there, Rainbow, you’ll choke if you drink like that,” Applejack chuckled. She turned back to the small cider mill she had, to make another jar. “You sure love cider, don't you, sugarcube?” She smiled and laughed.

The door knocked. Rainbow was finished with her jar and she let out a long gasp.

Applejack walked towards the door and opened it. She only saw Fluttershy. “Hello, Fluttershy, you’re in time, but-” Applejack noticed the two missing unicorns who had came earlier. “Where’s Twilight and Miss Lauren?”

“Oh um, Twilight asked me to um… explain something about Lauren,” she muttered, looking at the orange pony’s green eyes.

“Well, I think Rainbow has something to explain about her as well.” She stared back at the kitchen. Rainbow was waiting for more cider. One jar was not enough for the thirsty pegasus.

“E-explaining?” Fluttershy asked, confused about what could possibly Rainbow had to explain.

“Come in, I think we need to hear your story first.” Applejack moved, letting Fluttershy inside her house.