• Published 29th May 2014
  • 11,097 Views, 694 Comments

The Great and Powerful Who? - Quick Wit -Littlepip-



When Trixie is hospitalized with amnesia, there are only six ponies up to the task of bringing Trixie back. To bad the mare is absolutely terrified of them.

  • ...
27
 694
 11,097

Friends

Twilight sat there, boredom growing inside her like a 8 month pregnant mare. She was reading one of the many old, hospital magazines. Sweet Celestia! Have these ponies even updated their reading selection in the past ten years? she thought incredulously. As the minutes slowly passed by, Twilight grew more and more tired.

“Hey Twilight!” Rainbow Dash yelled, breaking the peaceful silence. Twilight jumped at hearing her name being called.

“W-What? Rainbow Dash? What’s up?” Twilight asked, looking at Rainbow Dash peaking out of Trixie’s door.

Rainbow rolled her eyes, nodding her head towards Trixie’s room. “Trixie wants to meet you! Again!” she said, disappearing behind the door.

Finally! It’s going to be exciting to see Trixie again! Twilight thought as she neared the door. Opening the door, Twilight entered to see Trixie standing there, cleaner than she remembered, looking at the ground. Smiling, Twilight began walking towards Trixie, breaking the intense silence.

“Hello, Trixie.” Twilight said, smiling at the mare. Slowly, Twilight's smile started to drop as Trixie's breathing started to become heavier and heavier. Almost mechanically, Trixie's head slowly raised, shocking Twilight when she could finally see the terrified look on Trixie's face. Trixie opened her mouth to speak, but before anything came out, her legs seemed to give out under her. As she laid on the ground, Trixie brought her hooves up to cover her head. She began mumbling too softly for anypony to hear, and slowly, her breathing began slowing to a small sigh.

Rarity smiled sadly at the fallen mare, walking forward, she gracefully helped Trixie to her hooves. “It’s alright darling, don’t push yourself. Just look at the ground, take baby steps, Trixie.”

“Wh-What’s wrong Trixie? Should I go get a doctor?” Twilight asked, confused at Trixie’s sudden break down from looking at her. Trixie shook her head, but said nothing, choosing to stare at the ground in fear.

“Well, you see…” Rarity began, glancing at Trixie in concern. With a sigh, she pulled Twilight towards the rest of her friends.

“So, what’s wrong with her?” Fluttershy asked, glancing at Trixie, who was swinging her hoof nervously.

Rarity stood there in thought, choosing her words carefully. “Well, we haven’t exactly thought on her little ‘incident’ in the Hay Burger have we?” she asked, looking at all her friends. “We all got so caught up with the fact that it happened, not the reason why it happened.”

“Ya know, the doctors in this hospital kinda suck,” Rainbow Dash chimed in, thinking about the lack of care put into their patients.

“Whataya mean, Dashie?” Pinkie asked.

“Well, it seems as though they don’t care about their patients. When we ran into Trixie, she was an utter mess-”

“She has scars,” Rarity suddenly said, interrupting her friend.

“Huh?”

“I think she might have been so filthy because every time she looked at herself she saw her scars. If you look closely enough, you can see a number of them on her sides.”

Everypony turned to look at Trixie, causing said mare to fidget uncomfortably under their gaze. The ponies gasped quietly as Trixie turned, showing her side more clearly. Even from afar they could easily see the small pink lines running across her body.

Pinkie frowned at the sight. “Oh no! Poor Trixie! She needs some cheering up! I say we go over there an-”

“Yes darling, we’ll cheer her up. But let’s get back on the topic at hoof,” Rarity said, cutting Pinkie off. “Trixie has been having nightmares, and it’s probably common for an amnesiac to have dreams about their past, especially for her, considering her predicament.”

Rainbow Dash stared at Trixie from the corner of her eye, completely losing track of the conversation at the memory of her childhood friend. “It’s not common enough...” she muttered out.

“What was that darling?” Rarity said, breaking Rainbow Dash from her stupor.

“Oh? Nothing,” Rainbow replied quickly, looking back at Rarity. “What were you saying?”

Rarity rolled her eyes and continued speaking. “So the fact is, Twilight. She is absolutely terrified of you,” Rarity finished, turning towards Trixie.

Realization hit Twilight like a ton of bricks. “Oh!” Twilight exclaimed, causing Trixie to jump nearly ten feet in the air. “Whoops, sorry Trixie!”

Trixie remained silent and hid behind the first thing she could reach, Rainbow Dash. Said mare smiled slightly at being Trixie’s cover. Especially since it meant Trixie was no longer quite as scared of her as before.

Twilight frowned slightly at Trixie’s reaction. Just give her time, she’ll learn to trust you. But, why does it feel worse than it should…? Shaking off her discomfort, Twilight decided to explain her outburst. “Trixie,” Twilight said softly, looking at Rainbow Dash. “You can stay behind Rainbow, but I wanna let you know something. I have never hurt you, nor tried to hurt you. I think the reason you had a nightmare about me, well, is because I am somepony who has made an impact on your life.” She smiled gently, causing Rainbow Dash to feel more awkward than necessary.

“I-I real-lize that you ar-aren’t the mare fr-rom my nightm-m-mares,” Trixie stuttered in a whisper, which sounded louder do to the high pitched voice in which she said it, causing everypony in the room to flinch. “I-I ju-ust remember t-the p-p-pain,” if Trixie wasn’t already shaking, the occupants of the room would have seen Trixie wince at the word “pain”. But the sound of her voice when she said it was all they needed to realize just how mentally scarred the pony was.

“I-I think we should leave now. Let’s give Trixie a rest, it’s been a long day for her,” Twilight said, catching the attention of her friends. “Besides, Spike’s waiting for us.” With one final glance towards Trixie, Twilight walked quickly out the door. With a nod, the others quietly left, each saying a quick goodbye to Trixie, until all that was left was Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash turned around to see Trixie sitting on the ground, rather adorably mind you. “Well, I guess we’ll see you around. We’re heading home tomorrow,” Rainbow Dash said, feeling her heart drop at Trixie’s saddened face.

“P-Ponyville?” Trixie asked, earning a nod from the two mares. “I wanna say t-thank you. Thank you for being my friends today… Even if you did hit me. I-I have friends at the Hay Burger, but I don’t think I ever connected with them the way I do to you two. Well, maybe Star. But she’s an adorable little filly anyway.”

“It’s no problem darling, we are happy to be your friends. It’s a shame we only had this short amount of time to get to know each other,” Rarity said, smiling at her. “We can always come visit you every once in a while, keep in touch with letters perhaps?”

“For the time being? Why not?” Trixie replied, causing the two ponies to stare at her curiously.

“Whataya mean Trixie? For the time being?” Rainbow asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

“Well, before everything that happened earlier…” she began, looking at the ground. With a shake of her head she continued. “Mr and Mrs Dipper were telling me they plan to move soon.Them and the rest of the Hay Burger that is. And they offered to bring me...”

Realization soon graced Rarity’s face, the same could not be said about Rainbow Dash however. With a turn of her head she shot a look at Trixie that clearly asked “Do what mate?”.

Trixie blushed under the pegasus’s stare. “I-I mean, they’re moving to Ponyville. And-And while I’m still scared of the p-princess, I think it would be nice to see you again. If that’s alright with you of course. We just met after all…” she said, hoofing the ground.

“Ya know you don’t have to ask us for permission. It’s an open town, anypony can come. Besides, It’d be pretty cool to see you some more.” Rainbow Dash replied, grinning at Trixie.

The two ponies could see the excitement in Trixie’s eyes at that. Smiling slightly, Trixie headed for her bed. “I-It’s getting late, do you think you might come back tomorrow?” Trixie asked, hoping to see her new friends the next day.

“Of course darling. We’ll be sure to come by before we leave for Ponyville,” Rarity said, walking towards the door, closely followed by Rainbow Dash.

“Well, see ya Trixie,” Rainbow Dash said awkwardly, closing the door quietly.

With a final sigh, Trixie laid her head down, thought’s of her new friends rushing through her head. I don’t even feel this excited when thinking about my Hay Burger friends. Maybe it’s because Rainbow Dash and Rarity are the same age as me? Whatever it is, I can’t wait to see them some more… I’ve got new friends! Trixie closed her eyes, laying there for a few hours, feeling genuine happiness. M-Maybe things will get better from now on… And with that, she fell into a peaceful sleep. The first one since awakening.

……………………………………

For Spike, today had been incredibly fun. A day off, spent reading comics and ordering room service? Who wouldn’t enjoy that? Now, far past his usual bedtime, Spike was awoken by the opening of a door and the loud voices that followed. With an annoyed groan, he covered his head with his pillows, hoping to quickly fall asleep once more.

As the dragon began to drift away, he heard a name that woke him right up.

“Trixie.”

With speed that’d put even Rainbow Dash to shame, Spike shot straight out of his bed.

“Did someone say Trixie?” he growled out, remembering the last time Trixie was in Ponyville. “Please tell me she isn’t anywhere in Manehattan. I don’t wanna be anywhere near her.”

The six friends stopped at Spikes sudden, yet short rant.

“Oh, Spike! Wait until we tell you about our day,” Twilight said, sitting down with a relieved sigh. While Twilight was still young and in her prime, she was still extremely stressable. And today was definitely a stress-filled day.

“It was a weird one, for sure,” Twilight began, smiling at her friend. “So we start off with Rainbow hurting her wing, of course...” at that statement, Twilight earned a glare from said pegasus. “... So on our way out, we decided to grab something to eat. And of all ponies to meet, it was Trixie!”

Spike rolled his eyes and groaned, walking to his bed. “Of all the ponies I want to meet, Twilight. Trixie is the last on my list. I say we forget about her and go on with our lives.”

“The thing is, Spike. She’s kinda… lost her memory.”

Of all the things Spike could imagine happening to Trixie, losing her memory was not one of them. Sure, living on the street, half starved and crazed, he could picture; and almost get a dark humor out of it. But losing her memory? He couldn’t even imagine how horrid it would be to not even know who you are. It brought a sinking feeling to his stomach just thinking about it.

“Woah..” Spike began, clearly at a loss for words. “I-I don’t like Trixie, but that is kinda awful. What exactly happened?”

Twilight just glanced towards the ground, sadness flashing in her eyes. With that one look, Spike got the idea that it was something bad, something he didn’t want to know. And with that, everypony settled down for bed, talking to each other about the days events.

They’re going to see Trixie before we leave tomorrow. Maybe I’ll get to see how much she’s changed. See if she’s still the same no-good pony as before. Spike thought, slowly drifting to sleep.

…………………………………

To say Spike was surprised would be an understatement. When his friends came in claiming Trixie had lost her memory, he was completely sure they were messing with him. But, upon seeing the mare, sitting in her hospital bed, ribs showing, with scars clear on her side, and acting even shyer than Fluttershy; he couldn’t help but feel sorry for her..



The thing that seemed very odd to Spike was how close Rainbow Dash and Rarity seemed to be with Trixie. While Trixie could talk to everypony else in quiet stutters, whenever she was around Rarity and Rainbow, she glowed with happiness. Spike still didn’t get why. Perhaps the kindness they showed her struck a bigger cord in her heart than the others, or maybe the others just scared her a little.

As Spike watched the others interact with Trixie on the way to the station, one thing absolutely stumped him. Trixie’s fear. She acted just like Fluttershy, yet her fears were directed towards ponies, not everything in general. Trixie jumped a little when a pony got close to her on the sidewalk, and she even backed up a little from the ponies coming over to take their luggage onto the train. But Trixies biggest fear of all, was the thing Spike couldn’t imagine himself, or anypony for that matter, fearing in his life. His adopted mom, Twilight Sparkle.

He couldn’t quite figure out why, but whenever Twilight was near, Trixie would tense up, choke on her words, and hyperventilate. It confused Spike to bits seeing Twilight have to back up with a upset look on her face for Trixie to recover.

…………………………….

“All aboard!” the conductor yelled, breaking Spike from his thoughts. As he began ushering ponies onto the train, the small group of friends said their farewells to Trixie.

“So we’ll see ya soon, right?” Rainbow Dash asked, feigning indifference. Spike could tell Dash was beginning to care for the mare. The way she talked sounded as if she was merely curious, but her eyes conveyed her concern.

“Y-Yeah, Miss Constellation said we are planning to move within two months.” Trixie replied, looking nervously at all the ponies walking about the Manehattan train station.

“Well that’s good, it’ll be healthy to get out of the big, bustling city,” Twilight said, looking at Trixie with a smile.

Trixie simply stared at the ground and nodded, turning away from the group.

“I-I’ll be sure to write.”

Twilight sighed, turning towards the train in defeat.

“Hey Trixie… Try to warm up to the idea of Twilight alright?” Rainbow Dash suggested, looking at her disappointed friend head for her cart. “She really wants to help, ya know? It’d just make her a little happier to know you can at least talk to her.”

Looking at Rainbow nervously, Trixie nodded slightly. “I’ll try…” she said, glancing at Twilight’s back. “The hospital said they’re going to give me some anxiety medicine. Maybe that will help in the long run.”

“Final call! All Aboard!” The conductor yelled, stepping onto the train.

“Well! It looks like we’re leaving, Trixie,” Rarity said, giving Trixie a quick hug.“We’ll hear from you soon, I expect. Please stay out of trouble.” And with that, Rarity turned towards the train, letting out a small sigh, glad to finally get home.

As Rarity left, each pony gave their little goodbyes, giving Trixie small, quick hugs, and headed off after Rarity. When finally, the only one left was Rainbow Dash. The two stood there, completely silent. Rainbow Dash sighed and pulled Trixie into a soft, gentle hug.

“I’ll write as soon as I get back, got that?” Rainbow Dash whispered, her voice much more caring than she would have liked. “Stay Great and Powerful for me, kay? Don’t let anypony in this town walk on ya, that isn’t the Trixie I know!”

Trixie blushed at that statement, choosing to look into Rainbows eyes instead of speaking. After a few seconds, Trixie leaned in, giving Dash a gentle nuzzle.

“Don’t worry about me Rainbow Dash, I’ll be fine.” she replied, smiling at Rainbows back.

After a small sigh, Rainbow let go, and flew to the train. With one final wave, she boarded, heading to the compartment her friends were in.

With a giggle, Pinkie looked out the window. “This little bye is really intense, it’s like we’ll never see her again. It’s even been dragged on for, like, ever!” she said to nopony in particular.

“Pinkie, what are you walking about?” Rainbow Dash asked, confused at her friends antics.

“Oh nothing~” Pinkie replied, smiling sheepishly out the window.

With a roll of her eyes, Rainbow looked out the window, waving to Trixie as the train began to leave the station. She continued to wave to the lone mare, not stopping until the train zipped around the corner of the station, hiding Trixie from view.

“Well, we’re going home! I can’t wait to be comfortable in my own bed again!” Rarity said with an excited sigh.

Rainbow nodded, choosing to just stare out the window. I’m glad to finally go home, but I wish I could’ve seen her a bit more… Rainow yawned, closing her eyes, spending the entre trip home in a blissful sleep.

Author's Note:

It's here! Sorry for the wait guys! I've been super busy and when I wasn't I was just getting to relaxing and blah blah blah! I'm finally taking a nice long break and I shall definitely work faster on some of the next few chapters (which I'll try to make as long as this chapter, and maybe a little longer then!)

Any problems? Suggestions? All feedback is appreciated! and Thanks for reading!

The ship is officially TrixDash (Because OTP!) Rarity will be apart of the story ... in some way ;P

Again, sorry for the wait guys!