• Published 29th May 2014
  • 11,092 Views, 694 Comments

The Great and Powerful Who? - Quick Wit -Littlepip-



When Trixie is hospitalized with amnesia, there are only six ponies up to the task of bringing Trixie back. To bad the mare is absolutely terrified of them.

  • ...
27
 694
 11,092

Scars

How did I not notice something was up with her? Dash thought to herself, looking at Trixie with pity.

“Can you tell me what happened?” she asked. As Trixie looked away, Rainbow Dash smiled at her gently. “Hey, it’s okay, Trixie. You can trust me. I may not be a doctor or anything, but I know a thing or two about this stuff.

“R-Really? How?” Trixie asked, looking at her visitor curiously.

“Well… maybe I’ll tell you later. You don’t have to tell me what happened, either. After all, we barely know each other. On top of that, I did clock you earlier.”

Trixie flashed a meek smile at that. “I-I don’t mind sharing…” With that, Trixie looked away, sadness filling her eyes. “Well, from what I was told, I was attacked. Nearly k-killed. They said the police couldn’t find out who did it,” she explained, tears coming to her eyes as she remembered the pain. “I was out walking, I suppose. No idea what I did to them. Well, I was found only a little after and rushed to the hospital. Not much else besides my injuries, and amnesia...”

Rainbow stared at Trixie, feeling more sorry than she had before. That’s horrible! No matter who you are, nopony deserves something like that! Rainbow Dash turned towards Trixie, causing the injured mare to flinch. “It’s okay, I’m not gonna hurt you,” she said softly, pulling Trixie into a warm hug.

Trixie sat there, shocked at the sudden show of affection. Just as quickly as it started, it stopped. Blinking away her surprise, Trixie looked at the blue pegasus, who was looking away with an embarrassed blush on her face. “Ugh, this is getting way too sappy for me. Well, I should go tell the others to come see you now,” Rainbow said, turning to the door.

“W-Wait! What’s your name?” Trixie asked, reaching her hoof out.

Rainbow Dash turned around with a sly grin. “C’mon, even if you lost your memory, you should at least remember me.”

Trixie’s eyes widened in realization. “Y-You’re my marefriend!” she all but yelled. “You hit me because we had a fight in Ponyville, an-and I came to Manehattan to get away?” Trixie looked at her lap, clearly surprised at the discovery of her “marefriend”.

Rainbow Dash could only stare. Where in the world did she get that idea? I mean, as funny as that would be, it would be cruel to play around like that. She’s got amnesia, for Celestia’s sake!

After a few seconds, Rainbow Dash began to laugh, causing Trixie to stare at her. Doubling over, her laughter slowly turned to hysterics. “M-Marefriend?” she choked out, gripping her sides. As a sad frown appeared on Trixie’s face, Rainbow Dash’s laughter came to a stop.

“What’s wrong?” Rainbow asked, looking at the downtrodden pony.

“I-I guess I was just hoping to finally meet somepony who knew me before I was, well, this,” Trixie replied, gesturing to her current state. “I suppose it makes sense that you aren’t my marefriend, considering your first reaction was to hit me. I wasn’t exactly the most liked pony around either, it seems…”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. I just can’t make her happy, can I? she asked herself, sighing in annoyance.

“Look, Trixie. I can’t say we were friends. Heck, we hated each other. But hey, maybe we coulda been friends if we met somewhere else. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had colts lining up. You aren’t half bad… Well, when you’re clean, that is,” she said, eyeing the mare’s unkempt appearance. “Hey, I’m not much into that girly stuff, but I have a friend that could fix you right up.”

Trixie glanced towards Rainbow, slightly nodding. “S-Sure, that would work… I guess.”

…………………………………

“So, you want me to give her a bath?” Rarity asked, looking at Rainbow Dash skeptically. “Darling, she may have amnesia, but I’m pretty sure she knows how to care of herself.”

“No, Rarity! It’s not a matter of her not knowing how. I think she has Post-Dramatic Stress Disorder,” Rainbow replied, trying to explain the situation to her friend.

“Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder,” Twilight interrupted, causing Rainbow to look at her in confusion.

“What?”

“You said dramatic, the correct word is traumatic.”

Rainbow brushed her off with a hoof. “Yeah, that thing. My point is, it could help her feel a little better. Maybe boost her confidence.”

“Fine. Perhaps she’ll be a little nicer than the last time we met,” Rarity submitted, looking at the clock. “They said they would be only a few minutes. Where are they?”

“Hold your horses, we’re done,” Dipper said, walking out of Trixie’s room. Following closely behind was Constellation. “You can go in now, we need to get back to Star, anyway.”

“I’ve got my eye on you,” Constellation whispered as she passed by Rainbow Dash.

Yeah… she’s never gonna like me, Rainbow thought, rolling her eyes.

“Well, time to introduce you to the new Trixie.”

“I’ll just go wait over there,” Twilight said, walking towards the closest bench.

Rainbow looked at her friend and sighed. “Do you want me to ask why she won’t let you in?”

Twilight shook her head, a frown coming to her face. “It’s just… I feel kinda responsible for her, she was in a rough situation when we last saw her. I feel as though I could have helped her,” Twilight said, looking at the floor.

“Don’t worry, darling, it’s not your fault. We’ll talk to Trixie. Perhaps she’ll tell us why she’s so afraid of you,” Rarity chimed in, smiling at her friend.

“I suppose you’re right. Go on then, don’t keep her waiting,” she replied, smiling at her friends.

Rainbow Dash nodded as she opened Trixie’s door. “Hey Trixie? Got some ponies who wanna meet you,” she said quietly, looking over to where Trixie was sitting. At the mention of more ponies, Trixie covered her face shyly. Ponies piled into the room, surrounding Trixie.

“H-Hello.”

Before Rainbow Dash could speak, Pinkie Pie quickly jumped in front of Trixie. “Hey Trix! I’m Pinkie Pie! How are you doing? It’s so good to meet you, even if I already knew you before! It’s like meeting somepony all over again!” she said with a big grin, causing Trixie to jump in surprise.

“H-Hey there…” She said, a little bit scared of the strange pony bouncing in front of her.

Noticing the discomfort on Trixie’s face, Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Pinkie can be a little crazy. Don’t worry about her too much,” she said, catching Trixie’s attention. “Well, anyway, here’s everypony else. This is Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy,” she added, pointing to each pony respectively.

Trixie greeted them with a short wave. “Hello, everypony,” she whispered, her voice breaking from the nerves of meeting new ponies.

Rainbow dragged Rarity forward. “Rarity’s gonna wash you up real quick, alright? But before that, what’s up with you and Twilight?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“T-Twilight?”

“Yeah! You know, the purple one, set of wings and horn, purple eyes,” Rainbow replied, staring at her curiously.

Trixie stared at Rainbow Dash nervously. “I-I don’t want to talk about it… It’s just…” she trailed off, looking out the window.

Rainbow Dash nodded towards Rarity, causing her to speak up. “Well! Let’s get you cleaned up! I guarantee you’ll feel fabulous!” Rarity said, pulling Trixie out of bed.

“Um, sure, I guess,” Trixie said awkwardly.

As Rarity entered the bathroom, she started a bath. “So tell me, Trixie, why are you so—if you don’t mind me being blunt—unclean?” Rarity asked, adding some soap to the water.

“Well… I-I don’t wanna talk about it,” Trixie replied, looking at the bath with a frown.

“Sometimes the best way to feel better is to talk about it with somepony.”

Trixie stepped into the bath, feeling comfort at the warm, soapy water. With a sigh, Trixie closed her eyes, letting Rarity work on her mane. “H-Have you even bathed since you woke up?” Rarity asked, rubbing the dirt from Trixie’s head.

“For the first couple of days, yeah, but after they started, I just—I just don’t want to…” Trixie said in a quiet, shaky voice.

“They?” asked Rarity, raising an eyebrow.

Trixie sighed, but didn’t answer. After a few seconds of thinking, she looked up at Rarity. “So… Who is that Twilight mare?” she asked, remembering her nightmares.

“Twilight? She’s a princess, actually. A very nice pony who always thinks of others,” Rarity responded, smiling at the thought of her friend. “She feels responsible for you actually. Feels like she could have helped you,” she added, glancing down at the mare.

“R-Really? Why?” Trixie asked curiously. Rarity bit her lip, looking up in deep thought.

“Well… When we last saw you, you weren’t exactly nice,” she said, stopping her scrub. “I don’t know the best way to tell you this, dear, but you were out for revenge.”

Trixie gasped in shock. After all, she would never think about hurting another pony. “W-Why would I want revenge? What did I do?” she asked nervously.

With a sigh, Rarity continued her scrubbing. “Hmm, I suppose I should start from the beginning…”

…………………………………………

Trixie only felt worse about herself as she heard the story. Was sh—I really that bad? she thought sadly, covering her eyes with her hooves.

“I deserve this…” she whispered out, catching Rarity’s attention.

“De-Deserve this?” she asked incredulously, looking at the mare. “Not at all, darling! You aren’t a bad mare, you just made bad choices.”

“...Now I’m here… I-I wish I was dead…” Trixie said, tears coming to her eyes.

“No!” Rarity cried, causing Trixie to look at her in shock. “You have so much to live for, and this,” she said, gesturing to Trixie’s body, “is just the start of a second chance, so cheer up!”

Trixie looked at Rarity as though she had grown another head. “Y-You barely know me, though… Why would you care what happens to me?”

Rarity smiled at Trixie, helping her out of the bath. “I wouldn’t be who I was if I just let other poni— Oh my!” she exclaimed, shocked at what she was seeing. As she poured water down Trixie’s back, Rarity noticed a few odd spots on the mare’s skin.

There, on Trixie’s back and sides, were numerous scars of all sizes.

Trixie turned her head to look at Rarity. All she saw was Rarity looking at her back, mouth wide open. As she followed her stare, Trixie saw what she was looking at. “Oh… those. They’re just small reminders of that night,” she explained, looking at her scars. I know they’re ugly, but—” Before she could finish, she was pulled into her second unexpected hug that day.

“Some ponies like a mare with battle scars, but...I’m sorry darling,” Rarity said softly.

“I-It’s not a big deal, Miss Rarity.”

“Rarity.”

Trixie raised an eyebrow at the mare. “What?” she asked, confusion in her voice.

“No need for ‘miss’ . Friends can talk to each other without worrying about simple things like that,” Rarity explained, letting go of Trixie. “Come on, dear. Let’s get you dried.”

“Friends?” Trixie asked, shock evident on her face.

As Rarity began to dry Trixie off, she laughed. “Of course, darling. Sure, we didn’t get along before, but now we have the chance for a fresh start. Besides, what you need most right now is a friend or two to help you out,” she replied, brushing Trixie’s mane.

Friends… I-I have two more friends! Trixie thought to herself, happiness overwhelming her.

“Earlier you asked why I didn’t clean myself,” she began, catching Rarity’s attention. “Now that we’re friends, I think I can tell you why...”

She’s opening up! Thank Celestia! Rarity thought, grinning at her success. “So, why?” she asked, sitting in front of her new friend.

“Th-This is also the reason why I’m scared of the purple one… It’s about my nightmares…”

At the mention of nightmares, Rarity felt bad for Trixie. I may not be a doctor, but I think I have an idea where this is going. Rarity flashed a supportive smile towards Trixie. “You can do this, Trixie…”

………………………………………………..

The door burst open, disturbing the serene quiet of the room. “I present to you: ‘The New and Improved Trixie’!” Rarity shouted, motioning Trixie through the door. If anypony besides Rarity looked at her, they likely wouldn’t see much of a difference. Trixie looked much like she did before her hospitalization. The only difference is, she looked completely insecure.

“You look just as pretty as before!” Pinkie shouted, rushing towards Trixie.

Trixie blushed at the statement. “Th-Thanks, Miss Pinkie…”

“Hey, Trixie, It’s getting late and we have to get back to Spike. I bet the kid’s been getting bored, being by himself all day,” Rainbow Dash said, catching everypony’s attention.

“Do you have to go?” Trixie asked, feeling a little sad at seeing her friends leave. Trixie cast a glance towards Rarity, who gave supportive nod. With a shaky sigh, she looked to the rest of the group. “Before you go… I wanna meet Twilight,” she said, gulping down her nerves.

“Are you sure?” Rainbow Dash asked, wondering what could have happened in the bathroom to make Trixie change her mind.

“Y-Yes,” Trixie replied, pushing at the ground with her hoof. “It’s something I have to do.”

Rainbow Dash raised a curious eyebrow at Rarity, who did nothing but shake her head. “Alright then,” she said, trotting towards the door. As she opened it, she stuck her head out. “Hey Twilight!” she yelled. “Trixie wants to meet you! Again!”

Trixie kept her eyes closed, listening to the hoofsteps as the mare entered the room. When the clopping came to a stop, Trixie took one final breath as she opened her eyes, nervously staring at the hooves in front of her.

“Hello, Trixie,” said a calm voice.

As she raised her head to the pony addressing her, Trixie began to hyperventilate. Her heart raced, and she backpedaled instinctively. Those sharp, purple eyes seemed to pierce her soul. She tried telling herself this wasn’t the pony from her nightmares, but it didn’t stop the terror from filling her heart. Trixie opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

With a final sigh, Trixie flopped to the floor. Why can't I speak? I thought I could do it... I guess not.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry about the late upload guys. I hope you like it.

Tell me if anything is wrong guys!

Thanks for reading ^^

My Twitter thing if you guys are curious for any updates and stuffs ^^ (If I ever use it zzz)