• Published 26th May 2014
  • 1,139 Views, 137 Comments

The Mailbox: Reloaded - bats



The Mane Six have left Ponyville for the summer, each traveling to a different part of Equestria for different reasons. But a few months and a little distance can't stop their friendship!

  • ...
20
 137
 1,139

Week Four

June 9th

Dashie,

I’m gonna get the bad stuff outta the way first. Fluttershy’s gonna find out at some point. She’s smart like that. It’s better if you tell her yourself… it’s just really awkward that she’s on a safari. ‘Cause, like, telling her now might ruin that whole experience for her, but if you don’t tell her until later, she might be really upset…

I guess it comes down to whether you want Fluttershy to be upset on her safari, or upset with you. And I don’t know which one you should go with, ‘cause you don’t need any ponies being mad at ya right now. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. But I know you’ll do the right thing.

Now, onto fun! I’m heading to Appleloosa right now, taking the train to Canterlot, through Ponyville. (We really need more train tracks in Equestria.) You’ll never guess what they’re doing in Appleloosa now. Pie fights! It’s a cheerful way of celebrating the friendship between the ponies and the buffalo! I think it’s great, although I’m not gonna try singing more songs over there. I do miss that saloon dress though…

Y’know what that means, right? Appleloosa is real close to Las Pegasus, so I can visit there next! Isn’t that great?! I might trek across the desert, lone ranger style, if it means taking less trains. Getting kinda bored of them now. I’ve heard lots of Las Pegasus though, especially from Vinyl. She’s done a few parties there before and it sounds craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazaaaaaay!

But before that, I wanna meet ya Dad and give you lots of cuddles. After we deal with those things, then we will dance, drink and deal out dosh! It’s gonna be awesome! It’s not really something the others would do, either. Twilight and AJ are a proper serious couple. Like, they gotta do everything practically. And I mean, everything. (Top tip: Don’t hide in the library while AJ and Twi are both there.)

And nah, they haven’t written back yet… that kinda sucks. I know AJ’s in hospital, but I thought Twilight would have some time at least. Either something happened, or she never got my letter, or… it’s really silly, but maybe they’re just writing to each other only. It’s good that they are! It’s just… nah, good for them.

You’ve written lots and lots though! And even though some of it’s sad, it still makes me happy ‘cause ya still wanna chat to me like we never left. I’m keeping all the letters I’m getting super safe, and then when I get back home I’ll put them in a book or something, along with the photos I’ve taken. I’ve gone through two cameras already, it’s insane!

Also, with the pranks, we should ramp them up bit by bit. And then, when I’m right with ya, we unleash the monster of pranks! Muwahahahaha—

One of the hotel workers told me to stop laughing so loudly. I don’t think he liked my evil moustache much. Pfft, no taste.

Although now that I think about it… maybe we should prank Fluttershy a bit less. It’ll look bad if you tell her now or not. Maaaaaaybe I can give her some fun pranks though. I dunno. You’ll have to be the judge. Judge Dash. That… sounds really cool.

Well, I’ll see ya when I see ya, Dashie. I’ll be with ya for as long I can manage, so don’t worry about slowing me down or anything. If anything comes up, lemme know. And if things get any worse, I’ll be over even sooner. But it sounds like things are improving! See if your dad can any tricks in his wheeler (I’m just gonna call it that). Just give him a helmet before he tries his luck on skate parks or something.

Until Las Pegasus, gal pal,

Pinkie

P.S. Don’t think I didn’t see it, Dashie. Pinkbooty? Heehee, I knew you were looking!


June 12th

Dear Pinkie,

How could I not look? It’s big and pink.

Also, the jiggles are almost hypnotic. It’s like a lava lamp.

But anyway, it’s funny, I thought being here in Las Pegasus would reignite some kind of fire-y party pony in my dad, but instead, we’ve just been hanging out around the motel and the nearby doctor’s office. It’s pretty mundane (gee, I wonder where that word came from), but at the same time... it’s just nice to have my dad back.

I mean, yeah, he’s sick, but he’s now the same stallion who used to pull little pranks or make silly songs out of objects that were surrounding him. And I think that has a lot to do with the ponies at this motel. Turns out a lot of lower-income ponies live out here, but hey, they seem pretty cool actually. There’s this dude named Honcho who can belly dance. And I don’t mean like the Saddle Arabian clothes and music shtick, I mean, he can literally get his beer belly to move and dance around like it has a life of its own (not unlike your pinkbooty).

Then there’s Agnes, and she can fit a hundred cigarettes in her mouth. I watched her do it, and dang if it isn’t pretty killer. Gross, but killer.

There’s also Chico and the Mane. Chico’s a tiny stallion, but that’s not the weird part. The Mane, his buddy, has an afro so big, that it’s completely overtaken his body, and now he is a rolling ball of hair. I am not even kidding. I haven’t even gotten a look at his face.

And again, that’s not even the weird part. Chico then jumps on top of The Mane, and uses his legs to roll him around like a dog on a ball you see at the circus...

Actually, I think all these guys are out-of-work carnies.

Either way, they’re doing wonders for my dad. It’s nice that he’s got other ponies to talk to, it’s not just me and him. I don’t have to go this alone.

Not that you haven’t been helpful, Pinkie, but it really sucks to just not have other ponies around, you know? Luna Pier was Deadsville, and in Manehattan, I was too busy hassling oncologists to really enjoy myself with other ponies... well, okay, I also splurged at that joke shop, but that was for the essential purpose of making ink explode in Fluttershy’s face.

But yeah, I’m really enjoying this kind of laid back atmosphere. When I’m not taking Blaze to the doctor or running some errands for him, we’ve been kicking back in this parking lot and hearing what these guys have to say and telling them about us. Blaze and I joke around, we laugh, and we just catch up on the old times he, Fluttershy, and I had.

I think I finally get all the namby-pamby stuff about us spreading friendship across Equestria. It’s not just these carnies I’ve made friends with, but it’s also my dad. For the first time in a long time, I can consider him a friend. And these boring little moments we have just screwing around are gonna be something I remember for a while.

...And they’re gonna be something I’ll really miss, too.

But anyway, Appleloosa, huh? Listen, if you’re still there, see how Little Strongheart is doing. Seemed like a nice kid.

And hopefully, you make it to Las Pegasus soon. These boring little moments are nice and all, but I need some excitement! I need some fun! I need me some Pinkie Pie.

Later,
Dash.

P.S.- If you knew I looked, why didn’t you stop me, eh? Eh?

Thought so.