• Published 26th May 2014
  • 1,284 Views, 106 Comments

Big Sis Scootaloo - Never2muchpinkie



Scootaloo's all grown up. Having completed her journey she takes some time just to be part of her adoptive family and watch her little sister grow.

  • ...
2
 106
 1,284

Final Chapter: My parents loved me!

It had been two weeks since the show, and I had been feeling so content and joyous. I was glad I was getting time to spend with Rosie and my parents. I didn’t know when exactly we were going to leave so I made sure to make the most of this opportunity.

The four of us were sitting at the kitchen table and talking about little inconsequential things, just enjoying the presence of each other’s company, when there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it,” said Mom, getting up and leaving the room.

She came back shortly, saying, “Scootaloo, you have a visitor.”

I looked over at her. “I do. Who is it?”

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen her before. Probably just a fan of yours.”

“Well, show them in. I’m not doing anything too important at the moment.”

“Okay, then.” She left again and came back with an elderly mare. Her coat was a bluish-white, while her mane was white with a tinge of faded red.

“Hello, there,” I said, smiling at her.

“You… are Scootaloo?” the mare asked.

“Yes, that’s right. And you are…?”

“My name is Diamond Mint. I saw you in the paper. You and your teammates took some crazy risks in your show. Blind scootering. Never heard the likes of it before.”

I saw Rosie smirk at me out of the corner of my eye, but she didn’t spill the secret. She got up and said, “Here, you can take my seat. Please sit down.” I was quite pleased by her good manners.

“Thank you, child,” said Diamond Mint, sitting in the seat next to me. She took out a newspaper from a bag and I saw the piece about my show and the little inspirational speech I had given.

“Coffee?” Mom asked Diamond Mint.

“Yes, thank you.” Mom poured her a cup and she took a sip, asking, “So I read that you grew up without parents. You seem to have them now.”

“Yes, that’s right,” I said with a smile. “These have been the best years of my life.” I grabbed my sister and set her on my lap. “This is my little sister Rose Blossom, but I like to call her Rosie. And that’s my dad Cloud Hunter and my mom Star Gazer.”

“Nice to meet all of you.” She took another sip and asked, “So… what happened to your birth parents?”

I felt a bit confused. Not by what she asked. It was a perfectly natural follow-up question. What got me was the intensity of her gaze as she awaited my answer. It felt like she was boring into my soul and it made me uncomfortable.

“Well… I don’t know. It was about eighteen years ago now, when I was just a newborn basically, that I was found on the side of a road by the Everfree Forest. I was in critical condition. A pony called Peach Cobbler discovered me and brought me to the hospital. Later on, when she came upon the site where I had been found she discovered a blanket caught in a tree that suggested that I had been dropped. The blanket likely slowed my fall just enough that I didn’t die.

“While I recovered she came to visit me every day and play with me. When I had healed up enough to be released no one had come forth to claim me as their child, so she adopted me and became my grandmare. She was so sweet and loving and she made me feel oh so special. I was very stubborn and headstrong, full of childish pride. But with her… she managed to get me to just let go. I could drop my pride and cry around her. She made me so happy and she was as good as a parent to me.” I felt a few warm tears start sliding down my face. I let out a little sigh as I continued. “She died a few years back. It was so unexpected. Without warning I came home and she was just gone. She had died in her sleep.”

“I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Thank you.”

Diamond let out a wistful sigh. “It’s funny how becoming famous can change your whole world.” I felt confused again. Her statement had nothing to do with the topic we were just discussing. “I certainly never expected this, and I still don’t know if I believe it myself. Scootaloo isn’t all that common a name, but even so… I wonder why anyone else would just happen to call you that name.”

I could feel my eyebrow go up. It felt like she had just gone off into another world. “Umm… excuse me? What are you talking about?” She reached into her bag and pulled out a photograph. When she handed it to me my eyes went wide, and I immediately grew apprehensive. I saw a picture of a pegasus baby on a blanket laying on a bed that looked suspiciously like me. Orange fur, purple eyes, a pink-purple mane and tail, and also slightly spiky hair.

I looked up at her and with some anger asked, “Where did you get this? Why do you have this?”

“So even you think so, huh?”

“What are you talking about? Are you some deranged stalker? Why do you have a baby picture of me?”

“Why else? What other reason could there be?”

I pushed Rosie off my lap and onto the ground as I stood up and said loudly, “WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I want answers, and I want them now!” I slammed the table.

In response to my outburst she went back in her purse and took out an envelope inside a sealed plastic bag. “I’ve kept this for a long time. This brought me the most joy of my life when I got it, but that joy ended when what was promised never came.

"The answer you’re seeking is in there. It doesn’t matter what I say. You wouldn’t believe me if I tried. But maybe if you read that you’ll be convinced.”

She handed the envelope to me. I still felt angry but if this was the way of getting my answers I’d have to deal. Opening it up I saw the paper was yellow and faded with age, much like Rainbow’s Wonderbolts poster that she gave to Rock Climber. Unfolding it all the way I began to read.

*******

Scootieloo looked so anxious and mad and confused. I wasn’t surprised. I kinda felt the same way. Who was this lady, and why did she have a picture of Scootieloo as a baby? What was she after?

I guess I would just have to listen to what was in the letter.

“Dear Mom,” she began, “It’s your favorite daughter here. I know. I know. I’m your ONLY daughter. It never gets old, right?

"I have the most fantastic news for you. The event we’ve all been waiting for is here and gone. Today we welcomed into the world our new lovely little baby Scoot… a… loo…”

She hesitated at the name, and I was trying to figure out what was going on. As she continued the bored and annoyed tone began to change to interest.

“She is just the cutest little thing. Well worth the pain it took to birth her already. Mom… you don’t know just how happy I am to finally have my first child. She’s got smooth orange fur, the cutest little nose, beautiful purple eyes, a purple mane, and a tiny little snout. Her wings are so, so tiny. Oh, just thinking about her now is already making me emotional.

“We’re gonna have a long life ahead of us, spending joyous times together and teaching her how to be amazing just like you did for me. We’re gonna be really busy for the next month or so but I’ll definitely make time to come visit you when things settle down.

“Oh, I can hardly contain my excitement for you. I know you’re going to love our little Scootie. Well, while we can’t be there right now to visit I hope that this picture will tide you over until we get there.”

Scootieloo flipped the page and I saw her freeze up. Her eyes went wide and she stopped breathing for a few seconds. She suddenly jumped up, knocking the chair she was sitting on over as she let out a sharp gasp and began crying. Her hoof went to her mouth as she backed up from the table. She began saying, “No! No! No!” over and over, shaking her head, and each time it became a little more passionate and painful. Her voice became so thick with emotion it started cracking, more high pitched than I had ever heard from her. She collapsed onto the floor, letting out a loud wail as she began sobbing hysterically, curling up into a ball and rocking back and forth.

I had never seen Scootieloo like this. She had completely lost it. I turned to Diamond Mint and glared at her. How dare she cause such a reaction in my sister! I grabbed the letter, intending to either rip it up or crumple it into a ball. Curiosity overwhelmed my desire for revenge. I wanted to see just what could put her in such a state.

I looked down at the letter, and just like with Scootieloo my anger evaporated on the spot. A lot of the reactions she had I had too. I understood now why she was so badly affected and I felt myself start crying too as I looked at the lone picture taped to the page.

“S-Scootieloo,” I said, restraining my tears. “This is…these are your…” I was having trouble speaking. I knew how much this meant to her. “These are your parents! Your birth parents!”

I heard two gasps as mom and dad both reached for the paper at almost the same time. They had been a little left out of the conversation.

I turned to Diamond Mint and saw she was crying now. “So… that… that makes you…”

She nodded. “That’s right. I’m her grandmare.”

Scootieloo suddenly got up. She ran over to Diamond Mint and hugged her. “Grandmare!” she cried out as she lost herself in her emotions again. “You found me! You finally found me!”

“Yes… I found you,” she replied lovingly, hugging Scootieloo. “When I saw your picture in the paper I almost fainted. I kept telling myself over and over that it was impossible. You couldn’t possibly be my long-lost grandbaby. But too many things pointed in that direction for me to ignore it; You looked exactly like an older version of the one in the picture, your name was the same, the missing parents.

“I got a letter from my daughter about eighteen years ago, telling me that you were healthy enough for travel and she was going to be leaving to visit on a certain day. I waited… and waited… and waited… but she didn’t come. I assumed at first that she got delayed. Maybe bad weather where they were, or sickness, or a minor accident.

“The letters I sent back were never answered, and that’s when I began getting worried. After about three months of no responses I finally left to go to their house to see what had happened to them. The trip was very hard on me. I didn’t have a lot of money to spare and I’ve never been much for long trips.

“When I got there I went to their home and asked one of the neighbors about them. All he knew was that they had said they were going on a trip to visit me and hadn’t been back since. I asked around town just in case and got the same response. No one had seen them.

“I actually did visit Ponyville on my way home. I didn’t want to expect the worst so I hadn’t brought along a picture. I missed you… I could have had you this whole time if it wasn’t for the slightest of mix-ups.”

“W-what was that?” asked Scootieloo, looking shocked.

“Since you were traveling as a group I thought for sure that if something happened to you that you would have stayed in a group, either alive or dead. I asked about my daughter and my son-in-law at the hospital, but they hadn’t had anyone meeting the description. When they told me that I was sure that it would just be a waste of time to ask about you. I went on my way home with a heavy heart…”

Diamond Mint was crying again, sadness in her voice. “I never stopped hoping. After the first year without any sort of news about you I thought for sure that something terrible had befallen all of you. Even so, so long as your bodies weren’t found I could still entertain the hope that one day you would show up. You kept me waiting a long time… but now I finally found you, and it seems you’ve grown up into a wonderful mare because of all those who have stood beside you and supported you. The amount of love you share in this family is obvious. There was so much affection and pride and respect as you introduced your family to me.”

“Thank you. All of them deserve it.” Scootieloo finally let go of Diamond Mint and the two of them just looked at each other for a short time, uncertainty on their faces.

I felt a little confused. Why were they being so silent now? Mom suddenly stood up from the table. In a quiet voice she said, “Come on, Rose. Let’s leave these two alone for a while. They have a lot to talk about.”

Dad got up too. “I agree.”

“B-but I don’t want to leave!” I said strongly. “Why should we be left out of the loop?” Mom ignored my protest, picked me up bodily, and simply carried me out of the kitchen to the living room, me kicking and fighting to get out of her grip.

Mom sat down and set me on her lap. “That’s enough, Rose! Stop acting like a toddler.”

That stung my pride a little and I stopped fussing. “Why should we have to leave? What’s the big deal? Is there some big secret they’re going to tell each other we’re not supposed to hear?”

“It’s nothing like that, Rose, and you know that. They just deserve some privacy. Scootaloo just had a major event happen to her. A long lost family member has shown up on her doorstep and she finally knows what her parents look like. She needs some time to process this and it’s not going to help by us being there. If she wants us to know what they talk about she’ll tell us later.”

I sniffed, feeling tears start streaming down my eyes. “S-so maybe I want to listen in because I’m scared!”

“Scared of what?”

“Scootieloo is ALREADY not going to be around much because of the Blazing Wheels and the shows she’s going to put on. What if… what if she picks her REAL grandmare over us and NEVER comes to visit?” I began weeping as I buried my head in her body.

“Oh, Rosie,” she said, holding me and rubbing my back. “Do you really have that little faith in your sister? Do you really think that’s she’s just going to forget about us and abandon us after everything we’ve gone through together?”

“B-b-but her grandmare probably isn’t going to live much longer! All of us are still pretty young. She’d probably make spending time with her grandmare a priority so they can catch up before she dies.”

“Your sister is smart and strong and talented. I’m sure she can juggle family life and work responsibilities.”

I sniffed, taking a shaky breath. “I… I guess you’re right.”

****

Me and Diamond Mint both kept squirming, both seeming to want to be the first to let the other one talk. I felt like there were worms crawling in my stomach. Finally I said, “Tell me about my parents.” She nodded. I closed my eyes as she began talking, envisioning the picture of them in my mind. As she told me about them I couldn’t stop a fresh round of tears from sliding down my face.

“Your mother’s name was Autumn Leaf. Her cutie mark was a cloud pouring down rain over a flower bud. She deeply loved nature. She loved playing out in the rain and splashing in mud puddles as a kid. As she grew up she still loved being under a light downpour and enjoying the feeling of the rain coating her body, knowing the growth that it brings. In the sun she cared for flowers and plants, planting trees and creating beauty. She was very outgoing and could strike up a friendship with just about anyone within a few minutes of conversation. She was very loving and affectionate, both to me and anyone else she met.

“Your father was called Sea Skimmer. His cutie mark was of a body of water and a swim cap. He loved swimming and was very competitive at it. He had a fan in your mother, and for one of the few times of her life she was shy. She could talk with him well enough, but every time she thought of pushing their friendship to the next level and being romantic she’d chicken out. He finally saw the signs and asked her out on a date. That night she ranted and raved about their experience. I’d never seen her so happy.

“After just six months of dating they were so deeply in love that he proposed to her right in the middle of a public square for all to hear. The boldness of his action and how he wasn’t afraid to show how much he cared for her made her accept.

“They had a grand old wedding. They weren’t rich but they said the love they felt for each other made up for it in spades. It was the happiest day of my life to see my little girl all grown up, dancing away, at the peak of her life.

“The two of them moved out into Trottingham, getting their own place. Trottingham held a special significance to your father. It was the host of the Equestrian Games when he was young. He had lived there as a child and when he saw the swimming portion of the games he decided that’s what he wanted to do with his life.”

“Six months later I got the letter that she was pregnant. Halfway through the pregnancy they found out the gender of the baby through an ultrasound. After arguing over names for a while they finally decided on Scootaloo. I sent them some baby supplies and an engraved pendent with your name on it along with an insulated blanket.”

That sounded familiar. I suddenly got up and went running to my room. I began rummaging through my things until I found it. I zoomed back to the kitchen and took out my two childhood mementoes and set them on the table.

“Those...,” she started, her eyes wide. “You… you have them? You have them still?”

I nodded. “My grandmare found them. They were the only things of mine that were there. I’ve wondered for so long about who my parents were, and those felt like the only clues I had. Of course they didn’t really tell me anything, but I wouldn’t get rid of them.”

I saw a film of tears form in her eyes. “Now… I’m fully convinced. I had a tiny bit of doubt left but now that’s all gone. You’re the only one who could have those things, so you must be my granddaughter.

“So… what have I missed? What has your life been like?”

I recounted my life to her just like I did with Rosie. My injuries and stunted wing, growing up with my grandmare, my fears and doubts, my sisterhood with Rainbow Dash and my condition being cured, my training to be strong, saving Rosie, losing my grandmare, my despair at my loss, being adopted by my new family, the dragon fight, my race with Rainbow Dash after I recovered from my injuries, and then how I focused on family and helping Rosie to excel. I ended it with how I had come to be in the Blazing Wheels.

She was quiet for a time when I was done. “You’ve been through so much throughout your life. You overcame unbelievable odds to grow far beyond what you thought you were capable of, and achieved all your dreams. I’m relieved. Despite all the pain and the hurt you’ve grown into quite the mare. My only regret is that I wasn’t there for it all.” The light went out of her eyes. “You’ve lived a full life, Scootaloo. I guess I don’t really have any role to play for you, or any important life knowledge to impart. You already have a wonderful family. Maybe it’s time for this old fossil to crumble away and go back to her lonely existence back home.”

“WHAT?” I said, slamming the table as tears slid down my face. “How could you say that? There is PLENTY of importance in having you here. Do you know how long I’ve wanted to meet my family? I love Peach Cobbler and Rainbow Dash and Rosie and Star Gazer and Cloud Hunter just like they were family, but you’re my first blood relative I’ve met. I want to know it all! I want to hear more about my parents and about you. I want to know you’re doing well.

"I don’t care if I’ve only known you for two hours. YOU’RE MY FAMILY, now and forever! I love you, darn it!” I snapped, slamming the table again as I heard my voice crack. “I’m not just going to tell you to go on away. What kind of pony do you think I am? Do you think for even a second I would consider my other family better just because I’ve known them longer, or because they’ve been there through all my ups and downs?

“You’re my grandmare! You’re my family! And I love you! I’ve just met you, and I’m not going to lose you now after just meeting you. You said you have 'no role to play?' Is that a joke? You came all the way here from your hometown just to see me. You answered the biggest question of my life! You…”

I sniffed, having to take a few breaths to stop from sobbing. My voice was thick with emotion as I continued, “You showed me what my parents looked like. You showed me that my parents DID love me and they didn’t just throw me away because they didn’t want me! Do you understand how that makes me feel?”

My voice sounded like a croak at this point. “It’s been long forgotten and in the back of my mind for over ten years but a part of me always wondered whether my parents abandoned me. I wondered whether they hated me and just decided to get rid of me easily by discarding me by the Everfree Forest. Every once in a long while my mind would turn back to that question. I would try to believe my parents wanted the best of me, but not knowing for sure there were also times where I would think they never wanted me in the first place.” I buried my head into my hooves, my body shaking as my emotions overflowed again. I could barely contain them.

When I got a little under control I came out and said, “My parents loved me! They loved me! You don’t know how big a relief that is. And now that I know what they look like I know where to direct my love.” I wiped my eyes as I pulled the letter over to me and looked at the picture again, my heart bursting with powerful emotions. There was some sadness again at knowing I would never actually get to meet them in real life, but I now know the truth about how they felt about me. The adoring faces on the two of them made me wish I could jump into the picture and hug them and tell them about myself.

Diamond Mint reminded me of my other grandmare. Old ponies pass away for various reasons, but a part of me is convinced that my grandmare would have lived longer if I hadn’t started living with Rainbow Dash on a temporary basis from time to time. I wasn’t going to make the same mistake with my only living family member!

“MOM, DAD, ROSIE! Come in here!”

The three of them came into the kitchen. Mom and dad sat at the two open seats, and I set Rosie on my lap again. I felt a strong feeling of determination. I was going to protect my family, no matter what the cost. “I have a big favor to ask of all of you.”

“Yes?” Mom responded.

“I want Diamond Mint to live with us!” I could see a look of shock come to my grandmare’s face before she began crying, a warm gaze on her face.

“I’ll find some kind of job in town, but I’m quitting the Blazing Wheels!” I heard all of them gasp.

“S-Scootieloo… you can’t!” Rosie said in surprise. “It… it made you so happy.”

“Circumstances change. I told you before on the day I came here that family is the most important to me and I’d throw away all my skills and accomplishments to protect that bond. I lived my dream! I got to stand in front of a huge crowd and show off my talents for everyone. I got to hear the cheers and the screams and the joy of hundreds. I got to give a speech that may inspire others to follow in my hoofsteps and not give up. That is enough for me.

“It’s true that before I left to join them I really wanted to go, but now that I’ve gone and experienced it I don’t think I want to spend the rest of my life traveling around Equestria to practice my art. Because I was gone I missed you getting your cutie mark. And you’re still young. There is still much you have to learn. You yourself said that the reason I should go is to learn new things. I did. I learned many new things. I learned I wasn’t the best scooterist in the world, but there is always time in the future to worry about living an intense life when you’re more able to care for yourself.

"You also said that if I went I may find I didn’t care for it and want to come home. If I hadn’t gone then yes, I would have spent the rest of my life wondering what it was like. But now I know, and now I want to come home and spend time with my family again. Only getting to see you guys for a month out of the year is not going to work out for me. And now that I’ve been spending time with you again I’m not ready to give you up. These six months I’ve been gone I’ve missed all of you so much. To think of having to wait another six months or more before seeing you all again is unbearable to me.

“And so… I’m going to quit and make you the priority again.”

Mom spoke up. “What are you going to do about a room?”

“Hmmm?”

“Well, to be blunt we only have three bedrooms. If you want Diamond Mint to live here you’d have to do something about that.”

“Oh…” She had a point.

“Scootieloo…” came a voice from my lap.

“Yes, Rosie?”

“I love you a ton, and I missed you a ton when you weren’t here. I know we agreed you could baby me a little while since we thought you’d be leaving soon. If you wouldn’t mind then… maybe I could move in with you. I don’t have that much stuff. Then she could move into my room and have a room here.”

“Rosie… you’d do that?”

“I know how she feels. My heart felt like it shattered for those first few days after you left home. I know how much it hurts not to be around someone you love. I don’t care if you spoil me and make me feel more like a little kid.” She turned herself around and hugged me. “I just want you back for good. I agree with you. Having you gone for another six months or so would be unbearable to me too!”

“Well, it’s settled then. All that remains is for us to get your stuff from your old house, Grandmare.” Grandmare looked so joyful.

“We can worry about that another day though. For now… welcome home, Grandmare! Welcome to the family!” I was glad my parents were so cool with the idea of my grandmare moving in. But…of course they understood as well as I did the importance of family. They would never hurt me by denying me that pleasure.

I suggested that all of us go out to get something to eat after her long trip, and she agreed. Family together, family forever. That’s the way it should be. That’s the way it should always be.

All of us got up and began getting ready. As we were about to leave I said, “Hold on!” I went to the kitchen one last time. I picked up the letter and once more looked at the picture of me and my parents. I felt joyful tears coming down my eyes as I smiled down at it.

I gently rubbed my hoof over their faces, my heart feeling complete at last. “Thank you, Mom and Dad. I’m sorry you couldn’t be here to raise me, but I’ve grown up and learned all the things a daughter should through the kindness of many others. I’m not perfect, and I make mistakes, but I’m sure that you would tell me you’re proud of me regardless if you could see me now.”

I set it down, feeling a boundless joy running throughout my body. My parents loved me. They had loved me! I knew what they looked like! And I even had some new family! I was back home! I had Rosie and Star Gazer and Cloud Hunter and Rainbow Dash! I had a huge family that all loved me with all their hearts! I had achieved all my hopes and dreams for the future! What more could a parent possibly need to be happy for in their child?

I raced out of the house, jumping into the air and racing towards the sky, yelling out to the sky my glee. My life was complete at last.

“Keep watching me, Mom and Dad!” I said passionately towards the heavens. “I’ll continue to excel and make the most of my life!”

I did flips and twists and turns, so full of energy I had to do SOMETHING with it or I would have burst.

When I finally settled down a little I headed to the ground and I could see all of my family smiling and crying a little. They were sharing in my joy, no doubt about it!

“Let’s go!” As we walked I just couldn’t sit still. I was still so amped up that like a dog I kept running laps around the group.

“S-S-Scootieloo!” Rose Blossom said with a laugh. “S-stop that! You’re too old to be acting like that!”

“Why don’t you come make me, Rosie?” I laughed back.

She began chasing me. I just ran faster. The two of us began racing, going faster and faster until I suddenly stopped and she ran right into my hooves.

I hugged her tightly to me. “Oh, Rosie. You have no idea just how happy I am right now.”

“I can tell! I’ve never seen you like this before.”

As we went through town I got my usual compliments for the show. After thanking them I introduced them to my grandmare. I just couldn’t keep it a secret. I wanted EVERYONE to know.

After eating we just spent the day together. Nothing could keep me from smiling and giggling the whole day. Truly… this was the best day ever!

Later on, after we got home, we moved Rosie’s stuff into my room. We would have to get another bed for her to sleep in soon enough, but for now neither of us had a problem sharing a bed.

I went to see my grandmare in her new room when she excused herself to go to bed. “Just coming to say good night.”

She looked over at me with a smile, hugging me as I got close. “Thank you, Scootaloo. Thank you! You’ve made an old woman’s heart soar again.”

“No problem. You did me a big favor today.”

She let out a small laugh. “Yes, you were just a huge ball of energy today, weren’t you? Are you usually like that?”

“No. Not at all. Everything today is because of you. You brought me contentment, peace, serenity… I never would have ever expected to meet any of my birth family before this.

“My grandmare told me the story of how I was found every few months. She told me about how she wasn’t my real grandmare, but had only adopted me. She didn’t want to be deceitful. When I was younger I didn’t really get it, but each time she told me the story I would understand a little more. Now I understand everything.

“I’ll never know for sure just what happened that night. I don’t know why I survived and they didn’t, but I choose to believe they died trying to protect me. They didn’t do a perfect job, as I got hurt pretty bad, but I rose up above all my limitations and surpassed them, becoming someone that others can look up to and respect.

“Goodnight, Grandmare, and have some sweet dreams.”

“That won’t be necessary,” she said, tears coming down her eyes. “You’re already a dream come true, and you’ll always be there in the morning when I wake up.”

“True enough. What do you say I introduce you around to my closest friends and relatives tomorrow?”

“That sounds great. I can’t wait.”

I gave her a kiss and left the room, heading to my bedroom. Rosie was sitting there waiting for me. “You ready to sleep?”

“Yeah. In a bit.” I went into my drawer and pulled out the letter she gave me. I reread it and then flipped the page over to the picture of me and my parents. Once more my heart was filled with joy. “Goodnight, Mom and Dad.”

Comments ( 15 )

:fluttercry: I had to back away from my laptop, the tears in my ears were threatening to short it out. Very emotional and moving chapter. But I love how Diamond Mint was accepted into the family. I can totally see her and Rosie making cookies for Scootaloo while she's at work. I also wouldn't be surprised if maybe a certain Princess of Friendship were to find a way to allow Scootaloo to teleport to the Blazing Wheel events and back to Ponyville so she could still stay with the group.:twilightsmile:

Never2muchpinkie did you forget to make this story as complete now since it is the last chapter for this story

I just found out that tears clean a NOOK screen really well...
iambrony.dget.cc/mlp/gif/192380__UNOPT__safe_pinkie-pie_animated_happy_wonderbolts-academy_cry.gif
Nope I'm not still crying. What makes you think that?

4785365 So what part got to you first? "ALL OF IT, DAMN YOU!":flutterrage: Thought so. :rainbowwild:

Was it not just as I said? Did you die at the picture? I really enjoyed the buildup to the revelation with Scootaloo's total breakdown. I think that's how most people might react to such a photo.

Finally answering that last great riddle truly completed her heart. her parents did love her and had always loved her, and I think it was the perfect doozy to end this story on.

4780467 I keep dying and Dawwwwwing at the photo. It's just so precious. And Scootaloo's reaction to seeing it really sold it. She completely lost all restraint.

I think it made the perfect ending to this story. I kept trying to decide on chapter titles, but then I just decided on the simplest one: Her parents loved her. Now the story has come full circle, and Scootaloo knows the truth about who she really is. She's a happy mare. :scootangel::scootangel::scootangel:

As grown up as she became she definitely became a filly again in this chapter. :heart: I really enjoyed writing this one. I'm just sorry you had to wait so long since I didn't feel it would hit the feels hard enough without the picture, but I hope it was well worth the wait :twilightsmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy:

4785456 Definitely worth the wait

After reading all your other ones I like this one the most :pinkiesmile:

4834708 Thank you. You actually read every single one of my stories??? :derpyderp1: OR was that just a figure of speech?:rainbowwild:

4836157 Everyone of them I wish you would make more! :pinkiesmile:

I love it ^^

This book is awesome.

The original story is good but the sequel has more details.... Very hard to make a choice which one is good. >.>

After reading 33 chapters of this book I came to conclusion.
This was TOO good to NOT cry. Too good. :pinkiesad2:
Gah, I'm now crying again!

That was a great ending! Scootaloo finally knows who her parents are and has her grandma back.

11218487
Scootaloo and Rose Blossom make a cameo in, of all things, a Sunset Shimmer returns fic. It was going to be my first fanfic, but it got sidelined. It's 30 moons after the original movie, and when I introduced the CMC and described their cutie marks I spent an odd amount of time going into Scootaloo's for something that had no relation to the story.

The little backstory I came up with for her caught my own interest, and it led to part 1. That Sunset Shimmer fic didn't get made until years later, as like my 8th or 9th. During a fun day at the carnival Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash put on a show combining flying and scootering, and, as a tribute to the story that took over it, I had Rose Blossom super impressed and asking for an autograph. She then reveals she wants to be a scooterist too but her family doesn't have the money for it, so Scoots gives Rose the scooter and offers to train her and become her big sister.

Login or register to comment