• Published 26th May 2014
  • 409 Views, 30 Comments

Wait, you write poetry? - elue1234



A filly can say a lot and surprise all.

  • ...
1
 30
 409

School poem.

Author's Note:

Told you, I was working on stories.

Early on, we can tell what someone might be good at. But other times, we won’t know until after a while. Welcome, my dear friends to how I shocked everyone by writing a poem that spoke to everypony, whether it be to their hearts, or their brains.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ponyville. A quiet, peaceful town. This time, it will remain that way. But wait, what is this? Is it Shadow Chaser with a parchment, heading into Twilight’s tree house? Yes. Let’s tune in, and see what’s happening…

“Well, hello Shadow, what brings you here today? Do you need another book for your friend on how to get over fears?” Twilight asked.

“No, not today. I wanted to know if you would pre-read this for me? It’s for school and I want a really good grade.” was her reply.

“ Of course, what is it?”

“ It’s a poem I wrote. The topic was that it had to be something personal and we could either write a story, or make a poem.” Shadow said, handing Twilight the poem.

“ Let’s see here… It was a time….” Twilight spoke as she read the poem. When she finished she started to cry. “ Oh my Celestia that’s so beautiful! You’re bound to get an ‘A’ Shadow!” she exclaimed, wiping her tears away with her hoof.

“ Thank you Twilight, I hope so. Well, school’s about to start I better be going, bye Twilight! And thank you for pre-reading!”

“ You’re so welcome Shadow! Have a great day!”

The door closed as Shadow headed to school. Shadow made it in time to hear the bell ringing, to bring the students in. Shadow walked in to miss Cheerilee's class and took her seat in the back. But as soon as she sat down, she heard a voice talking to her, and it was none other, than Diamond Tiara’s.

“ Good to see you’re alive. I shouldn't have said that.” Diamond said, starting to laugh.

“Don’t waste your breath, we all know you’re just jealous because I have siblings who both are high in power. I also have my homework done. ” Shadow retorted.

“ Yeah, right,” Diamond said with a snarl . “Well, if you do, then I’m Twilight Sparkle!” she said, laughing. Silver Spoon, Diamond’s best friend, laughed too. “ Homework, yeah right!”
Just then, miss Cheerilee trotted in.

“ Alright Children, settle down, it’s time to get started. Today, we’re going to read our assignments that you had for your homework these past few weeks.” she said with a smile. “would anypony like to volunteer to go first?”

“ I will.” said Shadow.

“ Excellent Shadow! Why don’t you come up here and say what you wrote about, then read it?” Cheerilee said, cheerfully. Shadow nodded and trotted to the front of the room.

Shadow faced her classmates, showing no signs of nervousness. “ What I wrote was a poem about how I’ve survived throughout my entire life, which yes it’s short, but it’s not uneventful.” She looked to Cheerilee and nodded. “ Just a forewarning, if you would like to get a tissue, now is the time.” She warned. A few classmates took her warning and when they sat down, Shadow cleared her throat, and began. “ Some night’s, everything is as normal as it can get. Some night’s, it’s different. Just like the Shadow’s from where I came. Just as much as my parent’s lied, just like they abused. I grew up not knowing who was right. But the sooner I confronted my parents, the sooner they disappeared. Now I live in a life full of truth, which was previously unknown. Now I wait for the day Celestia takes me to a place where I can rest peacefully. Previously, it was a time where I didn’t know wrong from right. Now, Celestia, I ask you to take me back. Take me back to a place where I can win the battle still in me, or otherwise all those that harm me or others, might face the same fate as my parents. Forever.” Shadow said pausing. “ As now I speak to those who’ve been harmed, whether it be by somepony or themselves. The battle can be won, you can make it to the victory line, if you follow this guidance: don’t let those who’re harming you know that they are, because it means you’re handing them that victory. Stand tall and walk with confidence, just as I have. if you have to fight back, do it knowing you’re fighting for defense. Let them find their own guilt. And let them have that guilt, forever.” Shadow ended. She looked up to see half of her classmates, in tears. (including colts) She set her poem on her teacher’s desk and sat down in her seat. Cheerilee was about to say something when all of a sudden, the dismissal bell rang. The students got up and left. Shadow walked outside to greet her brother.

“ Hey Shadow! How was school?” Soarin asked.

“ Normal, how was your day bro?” She asked back.

“ That’s good. My day, well… I have to talk to you and Midnight at the same time about it.” He said with a smile. Ready to go?”

“ Yeah, let’s rock this sky!” She said and took off flying. Soarin following.
They returned home within a few minutes and were greeted by Princess Midnight.

“ Hello you two! Welcome home! Soarin, what did you wish to tell us?” Midnight asked, embracing her siblings.

“ Well, you both know how much of a crush I’ve had on Rainbow Dash right? Well you also know how we’ve been dating right? Well… I… asked her a certain question…”

“ Wait…” Midnight said, a hint of excitement in her voice, “ Did you ask her..?”

“ Yes, I did. Rainbow Dash and I are engaged.”

“ Soarin! That’s SO EXCITING!!!!” Shadow exclaimed, rushing to hug her brother.

“ Thank you. Now, we have a wedding to plan, don’t we?” Soarin said. They all started laughing, and they continued to have fun for the rest of the night.

Comments ( 30 )

This story is awsome!:pinkiehappy:

He was running
And she was sunning
Paul was singing
As bells were ringing

4447743 Hey, I'm a free verse poet.

And you were one probably knowing it.

Comment posted by The Audible Blink deleted May 26th, 2014

4447836 I do all sorts of poems. Would you like to hear the most nonsensical one yet?

4447926 Can you please not use language on my page please?
And I appreciate you expressing your opinion.


4447920 Thank you!


4448341 No, but thank you though!

4449978 No problem:derpytongue2: Here's a good one I found about Vampires

Come to me, little mortal
I can bring you to heaven's portal
There'll be no sorrow, there'll be no pain
Feelings of joy will fill your brain.

Come to me, sweet human thing
Give me your heart and I'll make it sing
Forget your fears, leave them behind
Forget the troubles of your kind.

Come to me... yes, that's right
Now hold still, it's no good to fight
I'll take your blood, and leave you dying
Didn't you realise I could be lying?

4450038 Here I stand and wonder,
who this life i'm in.
I fight the blood, I fight the vamps.

No one can change me, nor the passion.
I stay still as they appear, and as fast as I see them, they're gone.

I get ready to strike, ready to win.
as fast as they hold me, as fast as they try,
CRACK! The stake goes, in the rise of sun.
Now the horrors are gone, the dreams are once again peaceful.
The vampires are gone, and all can sleep easier.

4450357 Well said,well said

4450360 *bows* thank you

4450366 I give credit where credit is due :moustache: And how have you been?

4450373 I'm on this side of the dirt aren't I? that's how I've been.

4450376 I'm not sure what that means sorry

4450381 IT means i'm not dead

So how has life been treating you lately?

4450405 Well.... I'll let you think about that.
1. Shutterguy's out of my life
2. NO school
3. I just posted a new story.
MY LIFE IS GREAT!

4450418 Still holding a grudge against Shutters huh.
Well good for you, I wish you all the best.
scouteu.s3.amazonaws.com/cards/images_vt/merged/i_wish_you_all_the_best_29.jpg

4450428 NO, I'm just stating he's gone. And if you wish to continue, I ask that you PM me

4449978 Oh, I apologize for having offended your morals.
img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140213184816/the-house-of-anubis/images/9/92/Nostalgia-critic-what-o.gif
I think poetry should, at the least, not be cliched. It ruins what poetry is supposed to be about. Even worse, there's no rhyme or reason to the poem, so you're not doing anything but putting some mediocre words together in a laughably misguided attempt at powerful conveyance. It doesn't work. Poetry very rarely works unless you have the gift for it.
I just can't get over this. The fic's like framework for a poem and the poem's... not a poem. I wold recommend reading some good poets - Ezra Pound, e.e. cummings, Robert Frost, William Carlos Williams, etc. - before writing anything. And even then, don't expect to be a master of verse.

4451248 Well, not all poetry has to rhyme or make sense. That's why a free verse poem is so easy to write.

4456110

I'm not even sure if there's a word for how heavily I just sighed.

4457964 Well, all I can ask of you now, is f you would like to continue to critisize me, please IM me.

4461746
I'd like to congratulate you, with no sarcasm or hidden agenda, on your maturity and understanding. Well done.

4468012 Well, thank you. I'm actually surprised,I've never got a response like that.

Login or register to comment