• Published 25th May 2014
  • 1,635 Views, 51 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 21: The Cybermen Invasion of Equestria - Doctor Perseus



Discord Whooves and his Cybermen armies have passed through the rift vortex and now nothing in Equestria or beyond is safe.

  • ...
2
 51
 1,635

The Cloister Bell Rings

Chapter 5: The Cloister Bell Rings

Outside Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Twilight ducked as she, Twi, Flash, and Cyberman Shining Armor raced through the front gate of Canterlot Castle and dashed into the front courtyard. A gang of Cybermen were following close behind and one had just nearly succeeded in blasting Twilight straight in the face with one of its lasers. "YOU WILL SURRENDER!" shouted said Cyberman.

"Sorry, that's not happening," Twilight panted as she ran across the courtyard. A group of pegasi guards and flying human soldiers dived out of the sky and barraged the Cybermen with an onslaught of gun blasts and thrown spears. The spears caused little to no damage in some of the Cybermen while the gun blasts managed to hinder them for a few seconds.

"They're getting pretty close to the castle!" said Twi as she sent a few spells out with her wand.

"Too close, if you ask me," Flash added. He suddenly turned to the sky and groaned. "Oh great." A group of flying Cybermen was headed straight towards them. Flash turned back to the others. "Go, go, go!"

Twilight didn't waste any time in following Flash's orders as she raced towards the main entrance. Her heart beat terribly fast inside her chest as she dashed across the snowy stone ground beneath her hooves. A series of pained screams emanated from above that seemed to be coming from the defending human soldiers and pegasi guards. She was tempted to look back. "What was that?" she asked with a gulp.

"Don't look back! Just keep running!" Flash ordered. Twilight did as she was told.

Twi, however, turned around and looked up at the sky. "Oh my Celestia! What is that?!" she asked. One of the flying Cybermen had extended its arm forward. The arm had transformed into a large cannon of sorts with a large projectile resembling that of a torpedo attached to it.

"DELETE!" shouted the Cyberman as it fired its weapon.

"OH MY CELESTIA!" Twi lunged forward and pushed the others to the ground. The torpedo flew right over their heads, giving off a whooshing sound as it went, and smashed into a nearby wall. The surrounding area shook violently as the wall collapsed into a cloud of fire, smoke, and evaporated snow.

Twilight was thrown back a bit by the shock wave and slid across the snowy surface beneath her. When she finally came to a stop, she felt her back collide with two metallic objects. She instantly looked up to find herself staring straight into the dark eyes of a Cyberman. "ELEMENT OF MAGIC OBTAINED!" announced the Cyberman as it grabbed Twilight and lifted her off the ground. She attempted to break free but something within the Cyberman was weakening her. Just making physical contact with its metal skin was causing her to experience a great loss in strength as well as a decrease in control of her magic.

"PUT HER DOWN!" ordered Twi as she raced towards the Cyberman, wand at the ready. The Cyberman simply powered up its jet feet and began to fly off into the sky. Twi, Flash, and Shining sent as many projectiles as they could manage at the escaping ponynapper but it was able to effectively dodge every attack they could throw. Twi pulled her hair and let out a feral scream in response to seeing the Cyberman escape with Twilight. "No! It can't end like this! We can't lose her this easily!"

Suddenly, the sound of breaking glass emanated from above as a familiar figure flew out of one of the castle windows and fell down towards the Cyberman. The Cyberman had little time to react as human Princess Luna pulled out her rapier and drove it straight through its face. Twilight was released from the robot's grasp and Luna wasted no time in jumping for the falling unicorn. It took Luna barely five seconds to catch Twilight and safely lower herself and Twilight down into the courtyard. Once her feet touched the snowy surface, she looked back with a dark snarl and watched as the damaged Cyberman fell out of the sky with a shower of sparks emanating from its broken face.

"Nice timing, Princess!" congratulated Flash with a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" exclaimed Twi. "For a moment...I thought we were gonna lose her."

"You would have most definitely lost her," stated the Princess of the Night coldly. "I suggest being more vigilant in the future." She and Twi shared an intense glare before she looked down at the barely conscious Twilight. "Come inside. She clearly needs to recover. As do the rest of you."

Luna began to make her way back inside the castle with Twilight held tightly in her arms. Twi, Flash, and Shining walked close to her. "Princess, there's something you, the other princesses, and the Doctor need to know," said Twi.

"And what would that be?"

"Discord Whooves has ordered the Cybermen to seek out those who represent the Elements of Harmony."

"Hmm. Do you know the reason for this?"

"No. Nor do we know where they're supposed to be taken."

"This is a serious matter. We will let the other princesses know at once."

"And the Doctor too."

"Yes, of course. I just hope our communicators will still connect through the Crystal Caverns."

Twi, Flash, and Shining shared a curious glance. "What's the Doctor doing down in the Crystal Caverns?"

Luna smirked as she opened the main castle entrance. "That will take some explaining."

Crystal Caverns, Beneath Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

"Hey! Who turned out the lights?!" asked the space suit monster.

"Mummy! Mummy!" cried Joshua and Ella.

"DOCTOOOOORRRRR!" the pained Donna cried into the dark abyss of the caverns around her. Her head was pounding as if somebody were slamming a hammer against it from the inside. Her vision was blurred by her tears. The ground beneath her felt loose and slippery. Everything was crumbling apart around her. It felt as if she were trapped in an endless cycle of pain and despair. The monster and data children were constantly approaching her, backing away, and coming back in a loop with no end. "DOCTOOOOORRRRR!" Donna couldn't even hear the words coming out of her mouth anymore. All she could hear was a strange ringing in her ears. Even the voices of her attackers had grown faint and quiet. She began to feel herself falling down. She didn't understand how she was falling but she was. Down and down she went. Deep into the darkness of the world. Was it pointless to call out for help now? Was she beyond saving? Maybe...it was time to just close her eyes and fall asleep.

"Donna!" cried a worried voice. Donna's eyes opened wide as a massive jolt coursed through her body. She could feel someone clasping her head tightly. Slowly but surely, her vision began to return to normal and she started to feel stronger. She looked up to see the Doctor's old, concerned eyes staring down at her. "It was all an illusion, Donna. I'm here. You're with friends again."

Donna let out a pained cough before craning her neck to get a look at Matilda and Clockwork, who were standing close by. "The...the darkness. The...children," she stammered.

"It wasn't real, Donna. It was just an enchantment. Nobody's here but us."

Matilda's ears twitched a bit as she began looking around the cavern. "Something wrong?" Clockwork asked as he noticed Matilda's odd expression.

Matilda looked at Clockwork and gave a small smile. "Of course something's wrong," she replied.

Donna used the cavern wall to pick herself up off the ground. She let out a few more coughs and rubbed her forehead. "That wasn't fun," she commented.

"I think it's safe to say that it wasn't meant to be fun," the Doctor replied with a chuckle. "But you are feeling better, right?"

Donna nodded. "A bit. Though...what I saw made me relive some memories I'd have no problem forgetting."

The Doctor quickly thought back to his own vision. "Tell me about it."

"Excuse me, Donna, but where's Colgate?" Clockwork asked.

Donna lowered her hand away from her head and straightened her posture. "I don't know," she replied with a sigh. "I was following her and then she just disappeared."

"Disappeared?!"

"Yeah. I turned a corner and she was just gone. And I don't think she used a teleportation spell."

"Maybe that's what the enchantment wanted you to see," Matilda suggested. The mare slowly looked around at the large crystals surrounding them. "It's been a long time since I was last vulnerable to the enchantment in these crystals but I can definitely say that the visions created by them can produce practically anything you can imagine right before your eyes; and none of it will be to your liking. I don't believe Colgate vanished. The enchantment must have simply made you unable to see her."

"So how are we supposed to find her? This place is a maze!" Clockwork exclaimed.

Matilda smiled at the stallion. "Come on now, Clockwork. You and I have been in a maze before."

"But that was different because we at least got a map from that Rumple fellow." Clockwork looked left and right before focusing on Matilda again. "I don't see any map with us right now. Unless you can summon that friend of yours to give us another map."

Matilda laughed. "Sorry, Clockwork. I don't think that will be happening any time soon." She took a few steps away from the others and glared down the tunnel. "However, I feel it would be best for us to continue on our way deeper into the cavern. Knowing the ways in which this enchantment works, I predict it will cause Colgate to be pushed deeper and deeper into its depths."

"Best plan we've got right now," said the Doctor as he approached Matilda. "Let us continue on our way then. We shouldn't have to worry about the enchantment anymore."

Just as the group of four began to continue their trek, an eerie music box melody began to echo through the air. Donna came to a stop. "Oh no...not again," she said.

"Wait...you hear it too?!" asked a shocked Matilda. "That melody?" Donna nodded in reply and Matilda shook her head. "Impossible."

"Why?" Clockwork asked as he once again looked around the tunnel.

"Because the enchantment normally affects everypony differently. Nopony experiences the same type of vision."

"...This can't be the enchantment then. We should all be immune to its effects by this point." Clockwork, Matilda, and Donna simultaneously gulped and fell silent.

"Well, I guess that only means one thing," said the Doctor as he glared at the dim, crystal tunnel before him. "Something else is down here with us."

Zecora's Hut, Everfree Forest, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Trixie's neck was incredibly sore but the fluffy surface beneath it was helping dull the pain by a small amount. The air around her smelled of an odd mixture of spices and other scents her nose couldn't identify. The surface she was lying on was comfortably cool while the air surrounding her was warm and relaxing. As she rested on what she assumed was a bed with her eyes closed, she attempted to piece together what she remembered experiencing right before awakening from her unintentional slumber.

She thought back to escaping Canterlot on the jet bus, the flight over the Everfree Forest, her conversation with Oswin, the mysterious radio call, the attack from the dark creature, and, finally, their collision with the forest canopy. Everything after that was black and barren.

Nearby, a surprised gasp floated through the air. "It is alright, child. There is nothing to fear," said a friendly, female, foreign voice. "You are safe as long as you're here."

"...Where...where is here?" asked the voice of Julianna.

"This is my home within a tree. Here in Everfree."

Trixie groaned as she sat up and opened her eyes. She was blinded by the light and she rubbed her eyes as they slowly adjusted. "You mean the Everfree Forest?" she asked.

She heard the sound of hooves walking across wood and felt a warm hoof touch her back. "Yes. That is what I speak," replied the voice. "Now tell me, do you feel weak?"

Trixie shook her head as she covered her eyes. "My neck hurts a bit but I think I'm fine for the most part." She lowered her hooves and blinked her eyes several times as they finally adjusted to the light. She looked to see that she was lying on a cot of sorts covered with several thick blankets. The room she was in was circular and appeared to be inside a tree. Weird objects hung from the walls and a large, black cauldron was located in the very center of the room. A few feet away, Julianna was sitting on a cot similar to the one Trixie was on. Trixie rubbed the back of her neck and turned towards her unknown savior. "So who are you and why are you rhyming? Are you playing a game or-" Trixie fell silent as she saw a female zebra standing immediately next to her cot. "You're a zebra."

Zecora laughed at the unicorn mare sitting before her and began to walk back over to her cauldron. "Zecora is my name," she explained. "And I can assure you that I am playing no game."

Trixie carefully got up from the cot and stretched her limbs. Her neck was still pretty sore. "So...you can only speak in rhymes?" Zecora nodded before turning her attention towards the contents in the cauldron. Trixie then walked over to Julianna. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Julianna replied. She looked around the interior of the hut before turning to Zecora. "Where's my family?"

Trixie's eyes widened as the realization hit her. Opal, Monty, Francis, and Oswin were nowhere to be seen. "Yeah! Where are they?!" Trixie rushed over to Zecora and glared at her intensely.

Zecora gave a calm smile. "You do not need to fear," she said. "Your family is here."

Julianna stood up and walked over to where Trixie and Zecora were standing. "Where?" she asked. Zecora looked upwards. Trixie and Julianna followed her gaze. "Upstairs?"

Zecora remained silent as she led Trixie and Julianna over to a nearby cabinet filled with various jars and vials. Zecora reached into the cabinet and pulled something that Trixie assumed was a lever of some kind. The cabinet suddenly slid to the side, revealing a hidden staircase that went upwards in a spiral. Zecora proceeded to step aside.

Julianna raced up the stairs with Trixie not too far behind. Zecora followed them at a casual pace. It wasn't a long climb up to the second floor of the home, which was much smaller and a bit darker due to there being no windows and less candles.

Through the dim candlelight, Trixie was able to make out three cots. Lying on the cots were the unconscious Monty, Francis, and Oswin. Julianna quickly ran to her father's and brother's sides while Trixie walked over to Oswin. It was obvious upon looking at them that they had received more serious injuries from the crash. "Will they be okay?" Trixie asked as she turned back to Zecora. Zecora gave a warm smile and nodded. "Will they be awake soon?" Another comforting nod. Suddenly, a nervous chill moved down Trixie's back. "Where's Opal?" Zecora's smile faded and she cocked her head with confusion. "Opal. She's an older mare. Earth pony. Yellow-red mane. Yellow coat. Cutie mark with a smiley face and a hammer."

Zecora suddenly gave a look of recognition. "I know this mare of whom you speak; but I'm afraid this time I did not get a peek," the zebra replied.

Trixie groaned and rubbed her forehead. "I'd hate to come off as insulting (believe me, I've done that enough times) but I don't fully understand what you're saying. I'm assuming you found us all at a crash site, right?" Zecora nodded. "And you know Opal?" Another nod. "But...you didn't see her at the crash site?" The zebra gave another nod but this one was much slower and sadder.

"But my mom had to have been there!" Julianna snapped. "She was holding onto me and Francis during the crash! She couldn't have just disappeared! You must have missed her! We have to go back!"

Zecora shook her head again. "I searched and went all around. Your mother was nowhere to be found," she stated.

"Then where could she have gone?! We were all together!"

An idea popped into Trixie's head. "Zecora, did you find all of us inside the bus?" she asked. Zecora scratched her chin for a moment before nodding. "Oh."

"Why does that matter?" Julianna asked.

"If we had all been scattered about, I would have figured that Opal could have been flung away into the forest from the crash. But since we were all found together...I think there's only one thing we can be certain of."

Julianna gulped. "And what's that?"

"...Somepony took her." Just then, a loud shriek pierced the silence of the hut. A cold wind blew through the air and the candles flickered. "What the hay?!"

Zecora's eyes grew wide and she began to shake. "Oh no! The demons have come!" she began to dash down the stairs. "We must prepare so we don't become chum!" Trixie and Julianna shared a concerned glanced before following Zecora back downstairs.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs they saw Zecora staring outside through one of the windows. They walked over to her and followed her gaze through the transparent barrier. Snow could be seen pouring down heavily. It was at the point that it almost looked like nighttime outside. Through the glass of the window, Trixie could see red eyes and large figures emerging from the darkness.

"What...what are those things?!" Julianna asked.

"I don't know," Trixie said with a gulp. The creatures began to howl and screech as they approached the hut. "And I'm really not looking forward to finding out."

Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Princess Celestia and the two Princess Lunas stood in intense silence for several seconds after listening to what Twilight, Twi, Flash, and Cyberman Shining Armor had to say. "I see," Celestia eventually said. "Thank you for bringing this to our attention."

"What could Discord Whooves want with you and your friends?" Luna the alicorn asked.

"Leverage. Experimentation. Whatever," stated Luna the human. "Just know that whatever the reason is, it's definitely not a good one."

"Agreed," said Celestia with a nod.

"I need to make sure that my friends are safe," said Twilight.

"I agree, Twilight. I will make sure that you have safe, guarded transport on your trip to Ponyville."

Luna the human pressed her hand against one of her ears. "I'm going to contact the Doctor," she informed before turning around and taking a few steps away from the group.

"Twilight?" Celestia whispered to the young unicorn.

"Yes, Princess?" Twilight asked in reply.

"Were you able to get your family to safety?"

Twilight smiled and nodded. "Yes. They're out of the city."

Celestia sighed with relief. "Good."

"Doctor? Doctor?" asked Luna the human into her communicator. She was silent for a few seconds. She then turned back towards the others with a confused, worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Twi asked.

"Were you unable to contact them?" Celestia asked.

"I'm making contact...just not with them," replied Luna the human.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" asked Luna the alicorn.

"Here." Human Luna removed the earpiece from her ear, approached the table, and placed the communication device in the very center. She then waved her hand over the device and, almost instantly, an odd sound began emanating from it. The sound was that of an odd, metallic cloister bell. It was ringing slowly and appeared to have a great deal of weight and severity behind it.

"Is that...the TARDIS?" Twilight asked.

"It sounds like something the TARDIS would give out," said Celestia.

"You said the Doctor was in the Crystal Caverns. The TARDIS is still hidden on that balcony, right?"

"As far as we know."

"Then how-"

"We're as confused as you are," stated Luna the human.

Twi glanced over at Flash and noticed that he had become strangely pale. "Flash? Is something wrong?" she asked.

Flash turned away from the communicator and shook his head. "No. The sound is just making me feel uneasy," he replied. Twi figured there was more hidden behind his words but decided that now wasn't the time to question him about it.

"What do you think it means?" asked Luna the alicorn.

"Nothing good. I can tell you that for sure," replied Luna the human. "But it definitely means that we won't be able to communicate with the Doctor while he's down in the caverns."

Celestia sighed before turning back to Twilight. "I will begin preparations for your journey to Ponyville," she said. "Hopefully, the Doctor will return soon and we will be able to inform him about the situation."

"Thank you, Princess," said Twilight before glancing over at Luna's earpiece, which was still sounding off the odd TARDIS sound.

Princess Celestia walked off to get a group of guards ready. As the two Princess Lunas gravitated towards the edge of the room, Twilight unexpectedly turned away from the group and began to make her way towards a nearby exit.

"Where are you going?" Twi asked as she took notice to her dimensional twin's attempted departure.

"I just want to check on something. I won't be long," Twilight replied before hastily trotting out of the room.

"I'll go keep an eye on her," said Flash. Before he could begin to follow Twilight, Twi grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Flash," Twi started.

"Not now, Twilight."

Twi gave a somewhat hurt look. "You don't even know what I was going to say."

"Trust me, I do." Flash's face became incredibly grim as he yanked his arm out of Twi's grasp.

"Flash-"

"We'll talk about it later. I promise." Twi could only watch in confused silence as Flash ran out of the room after Twilight. She lowered her head and rubbed the spot between her eyes in frustration.

"Twiley?" asked Cyberman Shining Armor as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"...No," she replied. "I'm not." She sighed loudly and looked up. "I may have my memories back...but I don't think I know who Flash Sentry is anymore."

Twilight entered the large chamber decorated with stained glass windows. She walked along the long carpet until she came to a stop in front of a large wall decorated with the illustration of six stone circles surrounding the Sun. She gave a look of relief when she saw that neither the chamber nor the wall appeared to have any damage. "Good. At least nothing's gotten in here yet," she said. Just then, she heard a sound behind her and instantly turned around with her horn at the ready.

Flash raised his hands in defense. "Whoa! It's me, Twilight!" he said quickly.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Flash." Twilight blushed as she put herself in a more casual posture. "I was just making sure that the Elements of Harmony were safe."

"Well, I'm not surprised. Even back in my Equestria, the Elements of Harmony could only be accessed by Princess Celestia. Nobody else."

"True." Twilight glanced back at the wall. "I just hope Discord Whooves isn't able to get his hooves on them."

Flash suddenly gave a long whistle and a nervous chuckle. "Man, there's just too much to be worrying about right now. Discord Whooves. The Cybermen. The Elements of Harmony. Keeping you, your friends, and everybody else in this world safe."

"Tell me about it." Twilight rubbed the spot between her eyes and sighed.

Flash chuckled again. "You look like you could use something to help calm your nerves." He reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a small canister. He proceeded to extend the canister towards Twilight. "Do you want some tea?"

Twilight thought in silence for a few seconds before smiling and nodding. "A few sips of tea sound good right about now."

Crystal Caverns, Beneath Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

The Doctor, Donna, Matilda, and Clockwork walked quietly as they made their way in the direction of the eerie music box melody. None of them were sure about what to think of it. It was definitely creepy, which was usually never a sign of anything good, but it also had a a somber feel to it, almost as if someone were calling out for help.

As the group moved along, the various other tunnel entrances gradually faded away until there were no more. They were now walking through a single, downward tunnel with no exits aside from the way they came from. The deeper the tunnel took them, the louder the melody grew.

Just then, through the dark purple and light blue light of the cavern, a dull red light appeared at the very end of the tunnel. The group came to a stop and everypony took a moment to take in and examine what they were seeing before them.

"A red light," said Clockwork.

"As if we didn't already have enough turn back warnings with the crystal enchantments and creepy music," Donna sighed.

"Everypony keep your guard up," Matilda warned.

"Indeed. I certainly hope nopony was thinking about lowering their guards," the Doctor added. An amused chuckle escaped his lips before he began to approach the red light at the end of the tunnel.

The tunnel opened up into a gargantuan chamber. It appeared to be nearly as large as half of Canterlot Castle and stretched just as high up. Massive crystals the size of small buildings rose up at several random spots throughout the chamber. A hazy, red mist filled the air and made it nearly impossible to see anything else in the chamber aside from the outlines of the giant crystals.

"Wow," Donna breathed. Clockwork gave an impressed whistle.

"Do you think it's poisonous?" Matilda asked the Doctor.

"The mist?" the Doctor asked. He pulled out his sonic screwdriver and scanned the red cloud before him. He then examined the results on the sonic and shook his head in response. "Nothing fatal about this mist. My guess is that it's just here to cloak something."

Just then, a childish giggle echoed through the air. It was at this moment that everypony suddenly took notice to how close the music box melody sounded now. "Please tell me I'm not the only one who heard that laugh," Donna pleaded.

"You weren't," Clockwork replied.

"...That should make me feel better, but it doesn't."

Suddenly, an odd shape began to move through the mist and in their direction. "Who's out there?" the Doctor called into the thick fog. Everypony grew silent as the moving object emerged and came into full view. "Ah." The Doctor cocked his head with a slightly impressed smirk. "Didn't see that coming."

Now sitting in front of the group was an old, rusted wheelchair. It appeared to be taken straight out of a 1970's horror film. Sitting in the chair was a glass doll about the size of a toddler. It had sharp, blue eyes; long, blonde hair; and was dressed in a Victorian outfit. Part of its face was cracked and its smile was curved into a permanent smile.

"Doctor," said Donna.

"Yes, Donna?" the Doctor asked back.

"I don't know whether to be frightened since there's a creepy doll in a wheelchair in front of us or confused about why there's a creepy doll in a wheelchair in front of us."

"Same here," Clockwork commented.

The Doctor chuckled before turning back to the doll. "So," he said loudly before beginning to approach it. "Is anypony in there?" A creepy giggle emanated from the doll's frozen face. "I'll take that as a yes." He took a few more steps towards the doll. "And you're the one who's been playing that...lovely tune?" Another giggle. The Doctor stopped right in front of the doll and stared into its glass eyes. "So who are you then?"

"...I'm Annabelle," the doll replied, its face remaining frozen as it spoke.

"First Cybermen then an evil Doctor and now a creepy, talking doll," said Donna. "I wonder what's next."

"A giant fish named Jim?" Clockwork suggested.

"That could be a possibility," said the Doctor with a head tilt.

"You don't even know," chuckled Matilda under her breath.

"What was that?" asked the Doctor as he glanced back.

"Nothing important. Just continue asking Annabelle your questions."

"Thank you?" The Doctor shrugged his shoulders before turning back to Annabelle.

"I'm Annabelle," said Annabelle again.

"Thank you. I got your name the first time. Now, if you could please be so kind and tell us exactly who you really are, that would be very much appreciated."

"...I'm Annabelle."

"Oh I'm sure that's what the doll's name is but that's not what your name is." The voice from within Annabelle the doll fell silent. "Look, in case you aren't aware, there's a lot going on right now. There's an entire world in need of saving. I have friends to protect. Heck, one of my friends is lost down here right now. I would really appreciate it if we just cut to the chase here. Who are you and do you know anything that could help us stop Discord Whooves?"

"...What you seek is in this chamber, Doctor." The doll suddenly leaned forward and its blue eyes changed to bright yellow. "But be warned for you will not like what you learn down here. Follow the ring and you will see." And with that, Annabelle the doll and her wheelchair disintegrated into a cloud of gray smoke.

"Why do warnings and hints have to be so complicated?" Donna groaned. "Why can't we ever get a piece of information that doesn't involve cryptic rhymes or ominous, incomplete warnings?"

"Because then it would be simple," the Doctor replied as he turned back to the group. "And as everybody and everypony knows, Donna, life isn't simple."

Just then, a new sound began reverberating through the air and quickly replaced the music box melody. "That sounds like...the TARDIS," Clockwork stated.

"The TARDIS cloister bell, to be exact," Matilda added.

A chill coursed through the Doctor's body as he listened to the ominous rings of the cloister bell. There was something different about them, but it was a familiar kind of different. "We need to hurry," the Doctor stated.

Donna could see that the Doctor appeared to have lost all color in his face. "Doctor...what's wrong?" she asked.

"We need to hurry! Now!" The Doctor suddenly dashed forward into the red mist.

"Doctor! Hold on! We need to stick together!" called Matilda as she ran after him. Donna and Clockwork followed Matilda and the Doctor into the mist.

Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Celestia returned to the meeting room with a group of guards following close behind. She first noticed the two versions of her sister sharing awkward small talk near the window. Her attention was then drawn to the group for whom she had prepared the escorts for. However, the group was obviously missing a couple of its members.

"Where is Twilight?" Celestia asked as she approached Twi and Cyberman Shining Armor. "And where is..."

"Flash Sentry," Twi stated. "They've only been gone for a few minutes. Twilight went off to check on something and Flash went after her to keep an eye on her."

"Did she say when she would return?"

"She said she would be quick."

"Which direction did she go?" Twi pointed at the door which Twilight and Flash had passed through earlier. "Oh dear. That's the direction of-"

"The Elements of Harmony Chamber," Twi finished. "It didn't take me long to realize it either. To be honest, I would have probably done the same thing if I were in her position."

Celestia smiled at Twi. "I'm not surprised that you are an alternate version of my most faithful student," stated the Princess. "You are very similar to her...and yet you are also different."

Twi chuckled. "I think the differences are pretty obvious, your majesty." She waved her arms in front of her human body.

"I'm not talking about that. You give off a different feel than she does; and it has nothing to do with you being from another dimension either."

"Well, if she had been through what I've been through within the past year, we'd probably be giving off similar auras."

Celestia sighed. "I'm aware that your version of me is missing."

Twi gave a sad expression. "Yes."

"Were...were you as close to your Celestia as my Twilight is to me?"

Twi's somber face changed to give off a small, warm smile. "Definitely. She was like another mom to me. Even after the war with Discord Whooves started, she always tried to keep everybody as hopeful as possible. I may give off a different feel compared to your Twilight; but, compared to my Celestia, you're exactly the same."

Celestia's smile widened.

Suddenly, the entire castle violently jerked liked a bomb had exploded beneath it. "That doesn't sound good!" Shining Armor exclaimed.

"Indeed," Celestia agreed.

"What the hell was that?!" snapped Luna the human as she looked out the window. Down below, there were no signs of Cybermen reaching the castle. "That's odd."

"They haven't learned how to turn invisible, have they?!" asked Luna the alicorn.

"I pray they haven't."

Just then, a dark chuckle began reverberating through the room. In the very center of the room, the large holographic head of a stallion with a black mane, gray coat, and resemblance to the Doctor appeared. "Discord Whooves!" announced Twi, Shining, and Luna the human angrily.

"Hello, your majesties...and everybody else," chuckled Discord Whooves. "Enjoying the invasion? I am. It's quite an entertaining show. You should see how things are going in Cloudsdale right now! It's absolutely fan-"

"SHUT UP!" hissed Luna the human as he ran over towards the holographic head and aimed her rapier at it. "What do you want, Whooves?!"

"Many things, to be perfectly honest. You dying would be a nice start."

"The feeling is mutual."

"Excellent! But, yes, onto business. I just wanted to appear and thank you for delivering the final representative of the Elements of Harmony to me."

It took a few seconds for everyone to register what the villain had just said. "WHAT?!" gasped Twi and Celestia.

Discord Whooves gave a devilish smile. "It's true. Twilight Sparkle is with me now. But, don't worry. I'll make sure that she and all of her little friends are taken care of nicely."

"You're bluffing!" snapped Luna the human. "There's hundreds of soldiers standing in between your forces and this castle! There's no way one of them could have gotten in here and taken Twilight Sparkle without anyone noticing!"

"Ah but I have a special operative with me right now who has more access to you than what you'd like to believe."

"Hello!" chirped a familiar voice in the background.

"Ha ha. Not now, Pinkie Pie," chuckled Discord Whooves.

"Oh! Busy gloating to the princesses? My mistake! I'll just go get the operating tables ready!"

"You do that."

"...Pinkie Pie," Twi sighed under her breath.

Just then, one of the room's doors opened and through it stepped Flash Sentry. "Guys, I lost Twilight," he said as he took several heavy breaths and vigorously rubbed his head. "Somebody came up behind me and...DISCORD WHOOVES?!"

"Ah. The failure of a protector has arrived," Discord Whooves laughed.

Flash looked over at Twi and lowered his head in shame. "I...I'm sorry, Twilight."

"Enough of this!" snapped Luna the human. "Why do you even need the representatives of the Elements of Harmony?!"

"Isn't it obvious, Princess?" Discord Whooves teased. "They were the final pieces in the puzzle pertaining to me obtaining the Elements of Harmony in this world. Now, this all could have been avoided if your sister hadn't gone and destroyed the Elements back in your world but, in the end, it doesn't matter."

"Wait a moment," said Celestia as she stepped forward. "The final pieces?"

Discord Whooves smirked at Celestia. "Ah, another Princess Celestia. Isn't this just lovely?"

"Answer me, fiend!"

"Now, now, Princess. Name calling will get you nowhere fast." Celestia glared at the holographic stallion. "Yes, I heard your question and, yes, they were the final pieces. They, along with the first piece I acquired not too long ago, will be very helpful in helping me obtain what I want."

"My student and her friends will not help you with your endeavors and you will most certainly not be acquiring the Elements of Harmony! Only I can provide access to them. Not even the representatives of the Elements can obtain the actual objects without my help."

"...You're right, Celestia. You're absolutely, one hundred percent correct." His face grew even darker. "And that's where my first piece comes in."

Human Luna's eyes widened and her arms started to shake. "No," she stuttered.

"Ah! It seems the human Luna has already figured it out," Discord Whooves chuckled.

"You...you're bluffing."

"I don't bluff...well, okay. Sometimes I bluff. But not today, Princess. Not today." He let out another chuckle before clearing his throat and putting on a professional expression. "I think it's time I introduced you all to my favorite soldier."

"What about me?!" asked Pinkie Pie in the background.

Discord Whooves rolled his eyes. "Correction: my other favorite soldier."

"That's better!"

"...Where was I? Oh! Yes! Here. She. Is!" One of the room's walls suddenly exploded inwards. Celestia and the two Lunas quickly used their magic to protect themselves and the others from the initial shockwave and shrapnel. Once the dust cleared, everyone and everypony in the room fell silent as their eyes fell upon the figure floating within the new hole in the side of the room. Discord Whooves gave a boastful grin. "Black Sun."

The figure floating before them had a metallic body similar to the rest of the Cybermen. However, it was more feminine in structure, had large metal wings, had a dark black color scheme, had a silver sun icon printed on its chest, and had a metallic shower of rainbow hair pouring out from its scalp. "Black Sun is ready to obey, Master," said the floating soldier.

Twi felt a wave of nausea overcome her. Human Luna's legs caved in and she couldn't stop herself from falling to her knees. Tears rolled down her face as she let out a pained, feral scream. "NOOOOOOOOOO! CELESTIAAAAAAAA!" she shrieked.

The world seemed to explode all around Twi. This was too much for her. First, her brother had been trapped within a metal body and now the woman she had looked up to throughout her entire life had fallen victim to the same fate. But while Shining Armor had managed to keep his emotions and mind, Princess Celestia had not been as fortunate. "Princess...no," she choked.

Human Luna continued to shriek and cry with anger as Alicorn Luna stood by her side. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, DISCORD WHOOVES! YOU'LL PAY! I'M GOING TO RIP YOUR HEAD RIGHT OFF AND FEED IT TO THE WOLVES!"

"I look forward to seeing you attempt that," Discord Whooves stated with next to no emotion. "Now, Black Sun, get the Elements of Harmony and bring them to me. Oh, and destroy anything that gets in your way."

"Yes, Master," said Black Sun as she extended her arms forward. Discord Whooves's holographic head disappeared just before a wide variety of guns and weapons sprouted from Black Sun's arms and hands.

Luna the human stood up and stared at the creature that had once been her sister. "I'm sorry...Celestia," she said under her breath.

Everyone and everypony wasted no time in jumping into action as Black Sun began unloading her arsenal of weapons upon them.

Crystal Caverns, Beneath Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

The rings of the TARDIS cloister bell grew louder and louder as the Doctor, Donna, Matilda, and Clockwork ran through the chamber of red mist. The Doctor was in the lead, breathing in panicked breaths as he went and running as fast as his legs could push him across the stone ground.

"I see something!" Clockwork exclaimed.

Donna's eyes grew wide as she saw a familiar shape appear several yards away through the misty atmosphere. "Is that what I think it is?!" she asked.

The group came to a sharp stop as they found themselves unexpectedly exiting the cloud of red fog and entering a small bubble of clear air in the center of the chamber. Situated a couple yards away from them, in the very center of the chamber, was an all too familiar blue box.

"The TARDIS," breathed Matilda.

"Not just any TARDIS," said the Doctor with a snarl. "His TARDIS."

The TARDIS standing before them was very different from the Doctor's TARDIS. Its paint was cracked and burnt in several places. Bright, red light poured out through the front windows. Parts of the Police Public Call Box sign had faded away. The light on the very top of the box was deep red and was emanating an endless stream of red mist, which shot up into the air and spread out to cloak the rest of the chamber.

"Wait a second," said Clockwork. He slowly stepped towards the TARDIS and his ears twitched slightly. "Do any of you hear that?"

The others listened intently. Aside from the TARDIS's cloister bell, they could hear the sound of tired crying and breathing. "Crying?" asked a confused Donna.

Clockwork ran forward in a mad dash. He came to a halt right in front of Discord Whooves's TARDIS and took a deep breath. He examined the box from top to bottom for a few seconds before moving next to it and circling around to its backside. That was where he found the source of the crying.

"Oh my Celestia! Colgate!" he exclaimed as he knelt down next to the unicorn mare, who was curled up into a fetal position behind the damaged TARDIS. She was shaking vigorously as if she were in the middle of a snowstorm and was muttering inaudible words to herself. Clockwork was careful as he grabbed her with his forelegs and pulled her around to the front of the TARDIS. The Doctor was quick to approach Colgate, kneel down next to her, and place his hooves on her head. It took several, long seconds for the process to complete but, eventually, Colgate's crying and muttering stopped. The mare gave a long sigh of relief before losing consciousness.

"There," the Doctor said. "She'll be out for a while, given her prolonged exposure to the enchantment, but she'll recover."

"Good," Clockwork said with a relieved smile.

The Doctor smiled at Clockwork and Colgate but it didn't last long as his attention was quickly drawn back to Discord Whooves's TARDIS. He stood up and began shaking slightly as he approached the closed doors. "Alright then," he said with a grim tone. "Let's see what he's done to you." With that said, the Doctor walked forward and pushed against the doors. They opened with ease. A hard, red light poured out through the threshold. The Doctor could only shake his head in sadness in response to what he saw within. "No."

Donna was the first to follow the Doctor into the TARDIS. When she entered, she was equally shocked and confused by what she saw. The console room looked as if it had once looked exactly like the console room of the Doctor's TARDIS. However, this console room was shrouded in a blood red light. Thick wires were draped around the room like vines and a large, metal cage surrounded the wired control console.

"Oh my," gasped Matilda as she entered. Clockwork, who was carrying the unconscious Colgate on his back, could only remain silent as he took in the scene before him.

Similar to Clockwork, Donna could barely find the words to say. She looked at the Doctor for consolation, but there was little to be found. The Doctor was shaking his head with a pitiful look etched into his face. "How?" he asked as a lone tear rolled down his left cheek. "How could he do this to his own TARDIS?"

"Doctor?" Donna asked as she took a step towards the solemn stallion. "What's wrong? What does this all mean?"

The Doctor turned away from the caged control console and looked Donna straight in the eye. "It means that this war is much, much more serious than how I originally saw it." The Doctor stroked the side of the cage. "Originally, I had a sense of security. I've done a lot of traveling in Equestria since I first arrived. I've been to many times and places and have come across many different anomalies. Though this may be an understatement, I've come across a fair few paradoxes and fixed points throughout these travels. Too many to list. Too many to map out and take into consideration. Too many for there to be any sort of alteration in history that could deny them of their existence." The Doctor slammed his hoof into the metal cage. "This...this cannibalization has taken all of the rules and chucked them out the window! The paradoxes don't matter anymore! The fixed points in time don't matter anymore! All that matters now is what's happening right this very second!"

Donna was caught in a stunned silence for a brief moment. "What is this then?! What is this TARDIS doing?!"

"No." The Doctor shook his head. "This isn't a TARDIS anymore, Donna." He looked at the caged control console before looking upwards at the wire-filled ceiling of the console room. "It's a paradox machine!"