• Published 25th May 2014
  • 1,631 Views, 51 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 21: The Cybermen Invasion of Equestria - Doctor Perseus



Discord Whooves and his Cybermen armies have passed through the rift vortex and now nothing in Equestria or beyond is safe.

  • ...
2
 51
 1,631

Prologue: The Hole in the Sky

Doctor Whooves: Episode 21

The Cybermen Invasion of Equestria

Prologue: The Hole in the Sky

Performance Square, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

The crowd of ponies gave sounds of wonder and amazement as multicolored fireworks illuminated the white, winter sky above them. A chilly wind blew through the plaza and the ponies hastily tightened up their winter attire in vain attempts to warm up. All eyes were on the unicorn magician performing on the stage in front of them.

"And now, the Great and Powerful Trixie will perform one more dazzling feast for you all before the time for actual feasting begins!" announced Trixie the Magician as her horn illuminated with a bright, blue light. The crowd gasped and stood in awe as a large, magical eagle appeared above Trixie and flew over the crowd. It proceeded to fly up into the sky and explode in a fiery array of rainbow colors. The crowd erupted into a shower of applause and thumping hooves. Trixie removed her hat and took a bow. "Thank you, thank you! Have a merry Hearth's Warming Eve, everypony!"

The crowd began to disperse as ponies headed off to continue their celebration of the holiday. Trixie, meanwhile, stayed behind the clean up the tools and props used during her act. Things are going so well recently. I don't think I've ever been happier, Trixie thought as she loaded everything into the wagon she had recently purchased. Snow continued to gradually fall down from the sky above and coat the city around Trixie in a calming, white blanket. Heh. And it's all thanks to Twilight Sparkle turning my life on its head...again. Should probably thank the Doctor too. Trixie looked at the sky and smiled. Maybe I should make Ponyville my next stop. It could probably do me some good to clear up all the bad blood I made with that town when I last visited.

"That was a great show," said a voice from behind. Trixie turned around to see an earth pony stallion with a white coat, red mane, and smiley face cutie mark approaching her. He was joined by three other ponies: an earth pony mare with a yellow coat, red-yellow mane, and a cutie mark showing a smiley face with a hammer; an earth pony colt with a yellow coat, red mane, and a cutie mark showing a blue quill with a vial of black ink; and an earth pony filly with an orange coat, white mane, and a cutie mark showing two white pieces of paper covered in musical notes. Trixie didn't recognize the mare, the colt, or the filly but she did recognize the stallion.

"Clown pony!" Trixie instinctively blurted out.

The stallion smirked while the mare and two young ponies laughed. "I prefer to go by Monty but clown pony works too, I suppose."

Trixie couldn't help but blush a bit. "Sorry. It took me a second to recognize you without all your clown clothes."

"Yeah...I get that a lot." Monty cleared his throat as he placed a foreleg around the giggling mare next to him. "Anyway, this is my charming wife Opal and our children: Francis Capulet and Julianna Capulet."

"Nice to finally meet you," said Opal as she shook Trixie's hoof. "Monty's told me plenty about what happened when you first met."

"Considering all that happened, I'm surprised he even went the extra mile to remember me," Trixie said with a chuckle.

"Come on," said Monty as he stretched a foreleg forward and moved it up and down in front of Trixie. "I would need to try in order to forget a mare who goes around in an outfit like that...no offense!"

Trixie chuckled and replied, "None taken." She turned her attention to the colt and filly standing in front of her. "Francis Capulet and Julianna Capulet, huh?"

"That's right!" said the brother and sister simultaneously.

"It still freaks me out when they do that," Monty whispered to Opal teasingly.

"After all we've seen, our childrens' twin moments freak you out?" Opal whispered back with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey! Daleks ain't got nothing on these two when they put a plan in motion!"

Opal looked down at her children and cocked her head. "Fair enough."

"Francis Capulet and Julianna Capulet," Trixie continued. "I have to admit, those are some pretty strange names."

"Strange names for strange ponies!" said Francis with a smile.

"That's what Mom and Dad always say," Julianna added. "They also say that names like ours will become more common in the next few centuries."

"Ah," said Trixie with a nod before looking back up at Opal and Monty. "Told them about the Doctor, have we?"

"A bit," Monty replied.

"But they won't tell us everything yet!" groaned Francis.

"Yeah! They always say that we have to wait until we're older to hear about all of their adventures with the Doctor!" Julianna complained with an eye roll.

"Well I had a few adventures with the Doctor myself, and they can get pretty...scary," Trixie responded.

"So?! We like scary stuff!" the twins said simultaneously.

Trixie smiled. "Anyway, I'm glad you all came to see my show."

The siblings' smiles returned. "It was awesome!"

"Yeah, it looks like you've got things made," said Monty.

"If you saw me a couple months ago, you wouldn't be saying that," Trixie commented with a chuckle. "I used to be a pretty different mare than the one I am now. Very angry. Very boastful. Very spiteful. Those few adventures I had with the Doctor changed me. For the better, I believe." Trixie patted her wagon. "I've been traveling around Equestria since I came back. Been practicing better feats of magic and performing higher quality shows. I'm planning on visiting Ponyville next."

"Looking to see the Doctor again?" Opal asked.

Trixie cocked her head a bit. "Sorta. I'm mostly returning because that's the town that first broke me and I'd like to clear up the bad blood I created with it."

"If you have the Doctor on your side, anything's possible."

"Probably. We'll have to meet up again so you can tell me all about your adventures."

"That sounds nice but we won't be able to tell you everything, I'm afraid."

"Why not? I think I'm old enough to handle your stories."

"Sure!" snapped Francis.

"Rub it in, why don't ya?!" Julianna snapped.

Monty chuckled before saying, "To answer your question, Trixie; in the words of three friends of ours-"

"Spoilers, sweetie," said Opal and Monty together.

Just then, Trixie noticed something. "That's odd," she commented.

"How are spoilers odd?" Monty asked.

"No, not that. The snow's stopped." The five ponies looked around.

"You're right," said Opal in shock as she turned towards the sky. "The snow's stopped falling."

"Maybe the pegasi scheduled it to stop," Monty guessed.

Opal rolled her eyes. "No they didn't. Unlike you, I actually read this morning's weather plans. The snow's supposed to keep falling into next week before taking a short break."

"A bunch of rogue clouds, perhaps?"

"What would be the odds of enough rogue clouds coming together and being able to stop the snow from falling over all of Canterlot?"

"Larger than you think," said Trixie as she pointed towards the sky. "Look."

Opal, Monty, and their children followed Trixie's gaze. A large portion of the white sky appeared to be swirling around like a whirlpool. Within seconds, there was a massive vortex of sorts in the middle of the sky with a black hole in the center of it.

"What in the name of Celestia is that?!" Monty asked. Opal quickly grabbed Francis and Julianna and pulled them close to her.

"I don't know, but it doesn't look good," Trixie replied.

Home of Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie remained silent within the confines of Golden Oak Library. Applejack was sitting by the window and calmly watching the weather outside. However, her quiet state of mind was quickly changed to that of fear and uncertainty when her eyes fell upon a strange phenomena in the sky above. "Hey, Rainbow?" she asked.

"Yeah?" Rainbow Dash asked in reply as she flew over towards her friend.

"Two questions. First, is the snow supposed to stop falling today?"

"Uh...no. It's scheduled to last for another weak before stopping temporarily."

"Okay...second question. Did the weather team schedule a giant, swirling vortex of terror to appear in the middle of the sky?"

Rainbow gave a dumbfounded look while Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie stopped what they were doing and faced Applejack. "No...I'm pretty sure they didn't schedule something like that."

"Well then." Applejack stood up and turned towards her friends. "It looks like we've got ourselves a problem."

Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Winter, 1002 C.E.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna stood like statues on the balcony and watched as trails of white smoke started to emanate from the depths of the vortex.

"What is it, sister?" asked an alarmed Luna.

"I'm not sure," Celestia replied as she turned towards her younger sister. "But I'm sure you feel just as fearful of it as I."

Just then, an all too familiar sound reverberated through the air around the alicorn sisters. VVRROOMMPP! VVRROOMMPP! VVRROOMMPP! Celestia and Luna watched as the alien blue box known as the TARDIS appeared before them. The doors were pulled inward not one second after the materialization process had concluded and a chestnut earth pony stallion dressed in a blue pinstriped suit and red tie emerged from the interior beyond them.

"Doctor," gulped Luna.

"Your majesties," said the Doctor as he approached them. "It is a pleasure to see you both again but I'm afraid that our reunion is a result of...not so good circumstances."

"Tell us, Doctor," said Celestia as she pointed at the sky. "Do you know what that is?"

The Doctor glanced in the direction of the rift vortex and sighed. "I do," he replied.

"What is it then?" Luna asked with a panicked look in her eyes.

"War, your majesties."