• Published 26th May 2014
  • 789 Views, 43 Comments

Ask Crimson Fang - Slendermare



A filly going to a new school? Some issues. Add being a batpony to that? You might run into a few bumps in the road.

  • ...
2
 43
 789

Arrival in Ponyville

"Crimson, did you get the front door? It's raining, and I don't want any more water getting inside."
With one swift leg kick to the door, it was closed.
"Yeah Arsy, it's closed."
Crimson looked through the living room that belonged to their current house. It was the third one so far this year, and it might not be the last. Ponies didn't take too kindly to bat ponies, which Crimson never really understood. I mean, the only differences were looks and the apple thing. I mean, it's not like they stalked ponies in the shadows at ungodly hours. That'd be ridiculous. Whoever came up with that stupid, idiotic idea needs to go find a cactus and-
"Crim, did you put your things in your room?" Crim groaned at the interruption, but did as her sister asked and carried the box of things up to her room. This was the last of it all, a majority of it being brought earlier in the week. Crim kicked open the door, and made her way to the center of her room. She set down the box, and looked around the sparsely furnished room. All it contained was a bookshelf, a bed, a desk, a side table, and a dark purple rug in the center. Crim then spent the next five minutes carefully putting a multitude of books on shelves, a lamp on the desk, and a family photo on the end table. Upon seeing the photo, she took off her glasses and wiped the salty tears off her face, before replacing the glasses to their respective spot. She walked over to her sisters room, where she found her putting up a few things.
"Hey Arsonya. Do you have any stories for me to pre-read?"
Her sister walked over to a desk, and took off a small packet. She leafed through it quickly, before hoofing it to Crim. Crim made her way back to her room, and as she walked by her mirror, seeing no change in her orange coat, blood red mane with eyes to match, and green glasses. She took notice that she was still cute-markless. Sighing, She got to her desk, and started leafing through the story. Some of her sisters stories had given grown stallions paranoia. Crim had built up a sort of immunity to the fear of them. About ten minutes later, Crim had brought back the packet to her sister, who was busying herself in the kitchen with lunch. Crim waited until her sister finished chopping some tomatoes before speaking up.
"Hey Arsy."
Her sister looked up from her cooking to say,
"Oh, hey Crim. So, what do I need to improve on?"
Crim leafed through the story, checking the notes in the margins, before telling her,
"Well, I think you could flare out the backstory a bit, because it's pretty much only a paragraph of explanation before you get right into the stalking bit. And I think the end could be a bit longer." She watched as her sister thought this over.
"Ok, put it in my room, ok?"
Crim nodded, and started to obey the simple task. As she headed up the stairs, she considered how it may not be a good idea to let a filly, who was still cutie-markless, read over horror stories. Although most others wouldn't be up for it anyhow. After tossing them onto her sisters bed, Crim walked into her own bedroom, and flopped onto her bed. She buried her face into the purple bedding, and groaned. Why was this today boring? Sure, she'd be starting school soon, but right at that very moment, life was boring. Very. She rolled over, and glanced at her bookshelf, knowing full well that she had read every book there at least three times. Crim rolled over again, but this time landed on the floor.
"Owww....."
After Crim picked herself up from her spot on the floor, she walked downstairs and passed her sister in the kitchen.
"Hey Arsy can I go look around town?" Without looking up, her sister said,
"Sure, but hurry back. And don't forget your sunglasses and cloak."
Smiling, her sister ran to the living room. After hastily throwing on a cloak and a pair of sunglasses, she ran across the room, and into the closed front door. Blushing slightly, she opened it, and rushed out.
"Wait! The... Door..."
With a groan, Arsonya made her way to the open door and slammed it shut. As she turned around, she smelled smoke in the air.
"Huh?" Her eyes widened and she cried,
"Oh no! MY SOUFFLÉ!"

Crim leisurely trotted through the market place, looking for any signs of action. Besides seeing three fillies crash into a tree and finding a bit, nothing exciting had happened. She groaned, and turned around to head back home. Before she could though, something caught her eye. It looked like a box, but... Cooler. She made her way over, and heard cries of anger. As she made her way around, she found a brown colt with a reddish brown mane moving a lever of some sort. He also had a really cool hat.
"Umm, whats that?"
She asked as she motioned to the box. The colt turned around, and looked shocked.
"You don't know what this is?" Crim shook her head no, not sure if she was supposed to know.
After thinking about it, he told her,
"It's an arcade machine. You play games on it." Crim cocked her head and asked,
"Can I try?" The colt shrugged, and took a step back. Slowly, Crim trotted forward and looked over it. After seeing a slot, she realized she needed a bit. After grabbing the bit she found earlier from a pocket, she put it in and the screen lit up saying,
Pac-Colt

Crim pressed the button and a yellow circle thing appeared. She heard the colt from earlier say,
"You move it with that lever, and try and get all the white circles. Don't let the ghosts get you though, or else you lose."

With a nod, Crim started to carefully maneuver the lever, collecting all the little white pellets. She found out that if you get a bigger one, you can eat the ghosts. After a little while, there were only a few pellets left, and the orange ghost was chasing her. She mentally counted down how many pellets were left.
7
6
5
The orange ghost almost gets her, and she narrowly escapes by making a series of sharp turns.
4
3
Now the pink and red ghosts appear, and she needs to take a sharp left turn to avoid getting caught.
2
1
After she gets the final pellet, some letters appear on the screen.
Level 2
As it counts down, she steals a quick glance behind her, seeing the colt is still there, and looks awestruck. She didn't get it, considering how easy the game was, but she turned around anyways when the level had begun.


Button's mouth was agape as he stared in shock. It had taken him 4 tries to finally figure out all the right turns to make to beat level one.
This filly got it on her first try. Earlier, she didn't even know what Pac-Colt was! How did she grasp the concept so easily? He stared as she was just finishing up the level. After she picked up the final pellet, she quit game and turned around. He looked up just in time to hear her start talking.
"Well, that was fun and all but I have to get going. I can't miss lunch, or else I'll get in trouble." She started to trot off, as he called, a bit eagerly,
"Wait! Do you think you can, umm, maybe meet me here tomorrow? Same time?" She smiled.
"Sure thing. By the way, I'm Crim." He grinned, and said,
"Button."
She giggled and told him,
"Well, see you tomorrow Button." And with that, she headed off. Button turned back to the game machine and put in a bit.
Tomorrow's gonna be a good day.


Crim started galloping as soon as Button turned around. In record time, she was home, upstairs, and in her room. She threw off her cloak and sunglasses and sat against the door. Her heart was racing, and she was sure that she was having a heart attack. But if that was the case, wouldn't she be in searing pain and writhing agony? No, she remembered her sister talking about this feeling but she hadn't understood it until then.
She was in love.

Author's Note:

This is NOT going to center around her and Button, trust me. So, go ahead and ask question for her in the comments about anything.