• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 23,017 Views, 1,678 Comments

My Little Pirates: Luffy's Adventures in Equestria - Fullmetal Pony



A One Piece MLP Crossover. Luffy finds himself sent to Equestria and must find a way back.

  • ...
77
 1,678
 23,017

PreviousChapters Next
Thief

Whitebeard jabbed the tip of his bisento into the Moby Dick and brought one arm over the other. At the sight of the gesture, the marines locked their knees and raised their arms, the Warlords readied themselves, and Celestia threw up a barrier. Whitebeard’s shot his arms out and banged his fists against the sky. Cracks erupted out of his hands and spread through the atmosphere. The air shook and rumbled while the sea below roiled from the same power. Instead of waves, hills of water formed and slammed into the bay. Even solid earth turned flexible and curved like the sea. Numerous marines lost their balance and a few that stood too close to the ocean fell into it.

The quiver spread outward and Marineford’s ground became stable once more. Celestia cautiously looked at Whitebeard, but her attention was briefly broken by Ace shouting, “Why can’t you just abandon me?”

She chose to ignore the rest of the argument and analyzed the damage Whitebeard had wrought. A few cannons had tipped over and many marines had fallen down, but no serious damage was evident. She turned over to Hawkeye. “A warning shot?”

“We’re far past that point,” Hawkeye sighed.

The ground again shook. It didn’t distort as much as previously, but its magnitude was far greater and forced Celestia to rework her footing. The rumble grew and grew until it reached a fevered pitch and then suddenly abated. In its place came a massive roar to the left and right of Marineford. Horror and awe welled up in Celestia’s eyes. “By the stars!”

The sea had traded places with parts of the sky. It came upon Marineford like a gigantic mouth about to close its jaw, intent on swallowing the island and everyone on it. Even the sun was blotted out by the biblical waves.

Celestia’s eyes darted over to Whitebeard. He’d remained in the same spot and his booming laugh joined the tidal waves’ roars to create a hellish tune.

“Does he intend to drown himself along with u—”

“Ice Age!” Aokiji shouted from above Marineford. Jets of ice flew out of his hands and latched onto the two waves. They froze in a blink of an eye, but Aokiji was not finished. He aimed at Whitebeard and sent a volley of icicle partisans at him and the Moby Dick.

Whitebeard punched in Aokiji’s direction and the latter’s attack was reduced to diamond dust by the resulting shockwave. Aokiji was caught in the blast too and his body cracked into ice chunks. They fell into the bay, but their frigid temperature spread and made the whole bay an icy field. The pirates took to the change, abandoned their paralyzed ships, and rushed towards Ace with a resounding battle cry.

Hand-to-hand combat will provide more distractions. Celestia braced herself to dive down to the ice, but paused when Hawkeye drew his sword.

“What are you doing?” asked both Celestia and Doflamingo. The latter grinned wider at the coincidence.

“I just want to measure the true distance between that man and us,” Hawkeye mused.

“Was the tidal wave not enough of an indication?” Celestia dryly replied.

Hawkeye responded with an immense slash of energy from his sword. The green wave raced across the bay, destroying stone, ice, and anything else unfortunate to get in its path. It zoomed toward Whitebeard, who stood unflinching at the newest attack.

Inches from the Moby Dick, the slash slammed into a glittering object and shot upwards like a grand flame. Green light reflected through the impassible defense and glistened across the battlefield, but the attack eventually dimmed and the slash shrank until only the shape of a bulky wide-torsoed man was left. His skin jutted up in multiple places and was honed so much that it was see-through.

Diamond Jozu… A bright flash in the sky broke Celestia’s attention away from Moby Dick. A sphere of blue and yellow light floated in the sky. Kizaru’s distinctive suit could be glimpsed along with talons, wings, and human limbs all wreathed in azure flames. Celestia noticed that many other eyes were also the spectacle, sent out her wings, and flew forward into the fray of ice field.

Whitebeard will shatter me like Aokiji if I approach him directly. I need to figure out a way to get close... A shadow fell over the arena on Celestia’s left, Jozu had picked up a good chunk of the frozen bay and hefted it at the scaffold. A heat wave struck Celestia’s back and balls of magma shattered the ice and filled the sky. Discord was more controlled than this.

A shape shot out from Celestia’s right and crashed against her barrier. It struck with enough force to send her to the ground, but not shatter the spell. She huffed and held her ground, meeting her opponent eye to eye.

“That’s a pretty powerful shield there,” said the man. His burly frame flexed its muscles and drove his twin sabers deeper against Celestia’s spell. Despite the exertion, he kept a cheery grin on under his string-like mustache. “I’m guessing you must the woman Warlord no one ever sees.”

“And you are Commander Vista.” Celestia’s hand glowed and shot a blast at Vista’s gut, but he merely grunted. “I don’t have time to deal with commanders.”

“Sorry, but Pops is a little busy with admirals right now.” Vista jumped back and then dashed at Celestia. She concentrated her shield down until it was a visible golden aura around her body. Vista’s swords sliced against it and sparks went up in the air. Even with the enhanced defense, Celestia was still driven back a few feet.

Celestia glared at Vista. The cold air swirled around her and an invisible force rippled outwards. Weapons fell onto the ice and both marines and pirates lost consciousness. Yet, Vista was still standing.

“Oh-ho, Supreme King Haki,” he said. “That’s very int—”

A golden glow encased Vista and threw him to the other side of the bay. Celestia sighed in relief, but a shadow silenced her. It loomed over the entire harbor, and while it wasn’t as tall as the tidal waves, its size still inspired fear. The monstrous horns and sharp fangs added to the creature’s demonic appearance, but it was the way he held a warship like a plaything that complete his titanic entrance. Oars Jr.’s size was mentioned in the intell, but seeing him up close made Celestia pause for a brief moment.

An explosion brought Celestia back to the fight. Cannonballs and bullets exploded and ricocheted off her shield. Fresh pirates and marines had gathered near her and fought with guns, swords, and their fists. The former took notice of her and rushed in to attack.

“While Oars takes the heavy fire, we’ll deal with you!” one of Whitebeard’s men hollered.

Celestia silently darted over to the nearest pirate and kicked out her leg. In the brief moment of impact between her foot and the pirate’s head, her leg reverted back to a hoof and exploded into the pirate’s face. He went flying back and slammed into comrade and marine alike.

A shift in the air made Celestia cough. An unnatural current rose up towards the plaza and concentrated itself around Kuma. A large paw-shaped bubble formed in front of him and quickly shrunk down until it was smaller than his actual paws. Celestia went her knees and sent up a second barrier.

The bubble floated over to Oars’s chest and exploded into a mammoth shockwave. Oars took a good portion of the blast, but the ice under him split as well and everyone close to him was sent flying back. Celestia held her ground, but a brief moment of surprise went through her when a shadow fell over her. Darn, I can’t dod— is that a hat?

The massive accessory flopped onto the ice with Celestia under it. With its raised structure and rounded design, the inside of the hat closely resembled a tent that could house a small town. Its size also ensured that those caught in it were merely thrown into darkness rather than crushed.

Celestia sent out her wings and shot a fireball upwards. It chewed through the weaving and Celestia flew out of the new hole. A booming thud more akin to a thunderclap rang in her ears. She scanned the chaotic battlefield and instantly spotted Oars’s foot yards away from the rest of his body. Oars himself had managed to cross the frozen arena with the upper half of his body clear of the bay’s stone walls. His hand stretched out to the scaffold, but came to a halt just inches away from Ace. A unsettling black spike jutted into his chest and through his back, high up into the sky.

Moria and Doflamingo’s laughs filled the air. Celestia turned away, but still heard the boom when Oars Jr. collapsed and took chunks of stone and ice with him. She breathed deeply and readied herself for casting multiple defensive spells. I just have to get a few words out.

“Where are you flying off to in such a hurry?”

Celestia slapped her wings onto her back and dropped down to the ice. Goosebumps covered her arms and legs. Doflamingo stood amidst the carnage like he was walking through a park. The pirates around him kept a careful distance, except for the bull-rim wearing one that stood above the others. He was only a few feet away from Doflamingo with mixture of rage and mortification on his face. “To stop this insanity.”

“Fuffuffuf! It’s so much fun though!” Doflamingo’s right hand twitched and the helmeted pirate’s swords came down on his comrades. The anger drained from his face and he cried out for Doflamingo to stop while he slashed more and more of his allies.

Celestia launched a spell at the puppeted pirate, but it bounced off of something and dissipated into the air. “Doflamingo! Stop this needless torture!”

“Why? He’s a pirate, I was a pirate. We’re all just here for a fight!” Doflamingo cackled. “But it’s a fight of the best! Good? Bad? Whoever wins gets to decide!”

“You’re mad.”

“Everyone here is! That’s what make it fu—” Doflamingo ceased his rant and turned his shades up to the sky. A large shape had appeared in the sky and was plummeting straight down to the battlefield. He didn’t laugh, but his grin widened at that sight. “Wonder where that came from.”

“Is that a ship?” Celestia’s eyes lit up with magic and her vision magnified the object. Sails and a hull came into view, answering one question but raising a slew of others, particularly how a marine warship had gotten so high up and how was it now crashing down. Celestia strengthened the spell and the little dots strewn around the falling boat became clear. They were a few dozen people, or things that resembled people if the giant headed afro thing in leather was any indication. Celestia’s eyes widened when she spotted a yellow vested individual with a familiar hat dangling from his neck. “Straw Hat?!”

Celestia’s heart froze at the sight of something next to him. Unlike the rest of the ship’s crew, it had an equine shape, but it was black and glimmered in the afternoon light. Her enchanted eyes dared to scan the rest of the ship and found that more of the black creatures buzzed around the ship. “He loosed the changelings?!”

Ceeeeelllllleesssstttiiiiiaaaaaaa!” a voice roared.

A demonic figure collided into her, smashing through her barrier and carrying her far away from Doflamingo. The speed and ferocity of the attack disoriented Celestia for a moment and her eyes swam at the sudden increase in momentum. The quickly refocused and first took in the jagged horn that only her arms prevented from skewering her. A large cut had formed where the horn sawed into her right arm and both shook trying to contain the attack. Predatory eyes glared at her past the horn while fangs gnashed in excitement.

“Amusing look!” Chrysalis sneered. “You still have a repugnant smell on you though!”

“You?” Celestia screamed. She slammed her feet into the ice and kicked up shards. She huffed under the pressure of Chrysalis’s horn and reverted her legs back to their original form. More ice went flying, but her momentum slowed and eventually came to a halt. With even footing, Celestia pushed back against Chrysalis for the brief second necessary to leap back. “Straw Hat freed you?! What foul magic did you use to bewitch him?”

“Only the plight of a caring mother,” Chrysalis chuckled. She shook her head and loosened some ice that had gotten lodged in her mane. “Plus some silly promises about not harming Equestria or your foolish student.”

“His stupidity shows no bounds,” Celestia growled.

“Quite, but I intend to keep my end of the deal.” Chrysalis flashed her wings back and slammed into Celestia again. Her horn didn’t pierce Celestia’s barrier this time, but the ice beneath the two of them cracked and Celestia still required her legs retain their original form. “Once he gets done saving his brother or whatever, he’ll be mine to give to the hive! All this fools are feasts for me! Best of all, I never said anything about harming you!

“You’re right.” Sweat trickled down Celestia’s face. She clenched her teeth and drew back her left arm. It recoiled back and exploded out as a white hoof straight into Chrysalis’s chest. She went flying backward and crashed into the ice with a red-hot hoofprint where she’d been struck. “We’re not in Equestria.”

Chrysalis got to her hooves and leered at Celestia. “You can’t… stop me with that. This will be just like last time. I have more than enough reserves to take yo—”

An invisible wave of heat and pressure pushed down on Chrysalis, silencing her. The attack drove her down, melting the ice around her, until she fell into the unfrozen sea below. In an instant, she zoomed out and fluttered over the new hole with an animalistic growl. “Damn you!”

“Since this isn’t Equestria, I have no subjects to worry about, no homes I can damage, and no reason to hold back.” Celestia’s right hand glowed golden and the light intensified until a solid object had formed. Its crossguard and pommel retained the sunny hue of Celestia magic and the latter was emblazoned with her cutie mark. The rest of the weapon glimmered pure white and had a spiral pattern etched into its blade. “I didn’t intend to truly fight, but you are deserving of no less than my full might. Chrysalis, you’ve brought disorder to my kingdom, misery to my subjects, and harmed those I consider dear. You will not be going back to prison this time.”

Celestia raised her sword to the sky and swung it down. All the ice around her melted instantly and a wave of heat rushed at Chrysalis. She buzzed to her left and lit up her horn while Celestia flew at her. A bolt of green magic arked at Celestia, but another swing of her sword dissipated the attack.

“What?” Chrysalis screamed.

Celestia’s form glowed and vanished for an instant, only to reappear right in front of Chrysalis. Her sword’s pommel smashed into Chrysalis’s head and knocked her to the ground. She leered up and cast another spell, but this one wrapped her body in jade glow. Celestia rushed down and her sword met with Chrysalis’s horn, but was stopped by Chrysalis’s magic. “Ha… ha… the prince helps me again.”

“So you stole more than love from Shining Armor,” Celestia scowled. “Yo—”

A bit of blood dribbled out of the corner of Celestia’s mouth. She slowly looked down to see that a limb was buried in the side of her torso. It was long and slender and cloaked in deteriorated black glove brimming with motheaten holes. Pale flesh could be seen underneath that connected to green flames which ended at Chrysalis’s shoulder.

“Yes, I am quite the thief,” said Chrysalis. The supernatural fire at her shoulder spread out and replaced her black shell with a similarly colored dress that was as decayed as the glove on her arm. Her barrel shifted and swelled and shrank in various spots. The flames reached her other foreleg and it shifted to match the new arm while sharp clawed fingers manifested out of where her hoof had been. She got up on her hindlegs as a tarnished and ripped gown materialized over her now hideously pale limbs. Finally the fire consumed her head, shrinking her muzzle until it was a sharp point on her face and slightly lowering her ears while keeping them pointed. Her skin went from shimmering black to sickly white. She reached up with her free hand and ripped her jagged horn out her head with a bit of ichor spilling down her face. Through the entire ghastly event, her mouth stayed wide open with her fangs clenched in a maniacal grin and her eyes like a beast set on its prey.

“I have to be smart, adapt, and survive. I find my food’s and I exploit it until they’re just empty shells.” Chrysalis’s wings fluttered behind her, merged with both her skin and clothing in a horrific mash of fabric and flesh. Her removed horn contorted and flattened until it was razor thin, save for the end that Chrysalis grasped. “And Celestia… you’ve given me plenty of weaknesses! Kikiki!”

PreviousChapters Next