• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 23,015 Views, 1,678 Comments

My Little Pirates: Luffy's Adventures in Equestria - Fullmetal Pony



A One Piece MLP Crossover. Luffy finds himself sent to Equestria and must find a way back.

  • ...
77
 1,678
 23,015

PreviousChapters Next
Jammed Gear

“Whew,” Luffy breathed. He looked down and saw only flames. Whatever was left of Luna’s room was now ablaze.

“That was far too close,” said Luna. She craned her neck back and looked at Luffy, who was now standing on her back. “Are you injured?”

“Nah,” Luffy happily replied. He pointed a hoof at some steam that was coming off of his body. “I’m fast like this, so dodging wasn’t too hard.”

“I’d liked to see you dodge when you have nothing to move off of,” the flames below them growled. A spot of them turned black and Blaze emerged out of it. She flapped her wings, sending out waves of heat and pressure that would have cooked Luna and Luffy alive had it not been for Luna’s protection. “Humans must have discovered immortality in the past few centuries,” Blaze hissed while continuing to rise, finally come to a hover at Luna and Luffy’s height. “Why don’t you disappear?”

“‘Cause I’m not the king yet,” Luffy flatly replied.

“Fool!” Blaze roared.”I’m the only ruler in this world! It is mine to burn! You think that piece of tra—” Blaze was interrupted by a hoof to the face.

As his hoof snapped back, Luffy said, “Don’t insult the pirate king.” He then noticed he wasn’t on Luna’s back. “Oh...”

Before Luffy could fall into the flames, Luna swooped down and caught him. “Careful!” She then weaved out of the way of a barrage of fireballs from Blaze.

“Okay,” Luffy pondered aloud while attacks rained down upon him and Luna. “I think I know how to attack without falling off.”

“And how is—eh!” Luna was caught off guard by Luffy wrapping his hindlegs around Luna’s torso. Her black coat momentarily turned slightly red.

“Ha! Now I’m a ce—” Luffy stopped celebrating over his joyous invention to look at one of his hooves. “Hmm, am I a cencen now or a taurtaur?”

Blaze cackled and broke Luffy out of his puzzlement. “Oh, this is too rich! You actually think I’ll be bested by that? Ha, if only I could...” A malicious grin crept onto Blaze’s face. “Yes, I think I’m going to revise my plans on what to do with you.”

Blazes horn cracked with magic now rather than flame. “You two will make a grand pedestal, a symbol of what will happen to all who oppose me!”

Luna’s eyes went wide. “Straw Hat! Hold on!” She flexed out her wings and pushed them back to her sides in a swift and invisible motion. She moved from the spot she’d been in in a flash, leaving only a gale that managed to blow back some of the flames on the ground. Had she been a second slower, a bolt of magic would have hit both her and Luffy.

“Whoa!” Luffy exclaimed. “What’s she up to now?”

“She intends to petrify us!” Luna yelled while dodging more magic strikes. “It’s a spell we devised after Discord’s last escape, but it was never meant for use on ponies!”

“Wrong!” Blaze roared. “It was meant to be used on all who would defy me!”

“Just keep dodging!” Luffy said to Luna. He then focused on Blaze. He reached a hoof back, twisting it as it went further and further away from him. “Gum-Gum...” The twisted hoof spiraled forward at blinding speeds. Just before it completely unraveled, it struck Blaze square in the side. “Jet Rifle!”

“Ugh!” Blaze grunted. The hit sent her tumbling through the air. She snarled and righted herself just in time to see a pair of hooves rushing at her.

“Jet Bazooka!” Luffy screamed when his hooves smashed into Blaze. The force of the hit sent Blaze into the flames below and caused Luna to falter in her flight for a second.

Luffy looked down in the flames, but couldn’t make out Blaze’s form. “Is she gone?”

“I can only hope it’d be that easy,” Luna replied. Suddenly, a pillar of flames shot up and blasted Luna on the edge of her wing. Luna yelped as burnt feathers dropped off the injured wing, revealing the charred skin underneath.

Once more emerging from the flames below, Blaze looked up and sadistically grinned at the damaged she’d done. Blaze’s own damage had seemingly disappeared. “As long as there are flames, I’ll heal. Your aren’t so lucky.”

“Oi!” Luffy called out to Luna. “Can you keep fly—” A fit of coughing interrupted Luffy’s concerns.

“Having trouble breathing?” Blaze teased. “There’s only a few minutes of air left after all.”

“Straw Hat!” Luna huffed. Her horn glowed and a blue aura encased Luffy’s head. His coughing stopped instantly. “There, that should—”

“No!” Luffy yelled at her. “If you can do this, then focus on your wing!”

“But...” Luna stuttered.

“We’ll both die if you fall!” Luffy replied.

“I... I understand,” Luna said as she steeled her resolve. The faint glow around Luffy’s head and his hooves disappeared and were replaced by a blue glow on Luna’s injured wing. Small feathers cropped up on it and began to cover the burnt skin. In second, the wing was back to normal.

“There,” Luna huffed. Her horn glowed, but instantly dimmed. “Oh no, that was too much damage.”

“You think I don’t know how much magic a healing spell takes?” Blaze mused. Her horn was again crackling with magic. “Straw Hat, this is the end, your protection is gone. My magic or my flames with take you. Surrender and I might just make you a nice statue in my garden.”

Luffy deeply inhaled and exhaled. His coat lost its pink sheen and reverted back to its beige color. Steam stopped coming off of him.

“See? Is defeat so hard to accept?” Blaze gloated.

“Yep!” Luffy replied before biting his hoof. “Gear Third!”

Luffy proceeded to breathe onto his hoof. He stopped after a few second and looked down at his hoof. “Huh?” He bit his hoof again and blew. When this produced the same results, he pulled his hoof back and noticed that Luna was nervously looking at him.

Blaze laughed at the odd spectacle. “Is that how you surrender?” The magic in her horn coalesced and grew in size. “Maybe after a few centuries of imprisonment, I’ll make you my jester.”

“Oh crap,” said Luffy.

~~~

“Rainbow Dash,” Twilight despondently called out to the flame engulfed pegasus.

Dash growled in response. She then shot at the group of ponies, transforming into a large multi-colored fireball.

“Move!” Applejack yelled. She slammed into Twilight, knocking her out of the way. However, she wasn’t fast enough to fully dodge Dash’s attack and a good part of her tail was singed off.

Even though she hadn’t made a direct hit, Dash continued to barrel into the wall. She collided and caused a shower of flames that scattered the rest of her friends. The bits of rainbow flames then gathered together and reformed her.

“Woah, that’s an amazing trick,” said Pinkie, “Do you think you ca—” Pinkie was cut off by a blast of rainbow fire erupting from Dash’s face and burning part of her mane. “Hey! That wasn’t nice!”

Applejack shifted her knees down and readied herself to either dodge or stand her ground. “Dash, c’mon, don’t do this. Ah know you’d never hurt a friend.”

A blaze of magic laced with fired slammed into Applejack and sent her across the room. The fire atop Armor’s head solidified back into a horn while he looked over at Dash and then at Applejack. “She would if it means serving her highness. Loyalty does have priorities after all.”

“Ugh,” Applejack groaned as she got to her hooves. “That’s... that’s a load of parasprites and you know it!” She looked over at Dash with pleading eyes. “Please Dash!”

Dash just growled in response.

“As much as I’d love to see this play out, her highness is expecting us and the Elements,” said Armor. He turned and looked at the other guards. “Take them. Leave Twilight to me though. Rainbow Dash also has her pick. Do not interfere with her fight.”

The guards nodded before galloping toward each of the ponies. Dash followed suit and barreled at Applejack. However, just as Applejack braced herself for the hit, Dash turned up and looped around in the air and aimed for a nearby pillar. Upon impact with her, the pillar blew apart, revealing a shaking Fluttershy. Dash growled in satisfaction at having found her pray.

Applejack was the first to try and rush over, but a guard smashed into the ground just a few feet ahead of her. Applejack glared at him. “Mister, nothin personal, but if ya don’t move out of ma way, a few sore bruises are gonna be the least of your worries.”

The guard just growled in response.

“Fine,” Applejack replied. She ran straight at him while he conjured up a fireball. However, just as he launched it, Applejack jumped to the left and closed the distance between them instantly. She planted her forehooves into the ground and let her back ones fly out with all her strength. She felt the heat of the guard when she made contact, but it didn’t fade. In confusion, she turned around and saw that her hooves were buried in the guard’s body.

The guard let out a sound similar to the hiss a fire made when drops of water were poured on it.

“Darn it!” Applejack yelled as she tried to pull her hooves out of the guard. “Let go!”

In response, the guard’s form shifted and twisted Applejack’s hooves around and tripped her. He quickly reached out his hooves and held her to the ground, hissing the entire time.

Meanwhile, Rarity and Pinkie were galloping over to Fluttershy.

“Rainbow Dash!” Rarity screamed. “If you lay one hoof on Fluttershy, I’ll make sure you regret it!”

“Yeah,” Pinkie also screamed. “This is, like, a hundred times worse than breaking a promise!”

However, their rescue attempt was halted by two more guards landing in front of them. They both snarled at the ponies.

Rarity focused on one of the guards and lit up her horn. “While I support ponies of uniform, I afraid I’m going to have to be a bit rough with you.” Suddenly, the rocks from the broken wall Armor and the guards had come through flew over and smacked into the guard, encasing him in the stones.

At the same time Rarity was attacking, Pinkie seemingly pulled her party cannon out of nowhere and launched its celebratory assault at the other guard. “Take this! It’s my super party barrage!”

Pinkie repeatedly pressed the fuse on her weapon, somehow making it fire until the the guard couldn’t be seen under the massive amount of confetti, streamers, and balloons. Pinkie happily smiled at her work. “That’s gotta be my best surprise assault yet!”

Rarity gawked at the effectiveness of Pinkie’s attack, but a shriek brought her focus back. Dash now had Fluttershy pinned to the ground and a golden flame was spouting out of her head. “Fluttershy!”

Both Rarity and Pinkie raced to their friend. However, flames erupted out of the rock and party accessories that covered the two guards and grabbed hold of them, sending them to the ground.

On the other side of the room, flames washed over Twilight’s hastily constructed shield. The shield faltered after a few seconds and the backlash sent Twilight flying. The Element of Loyalty flew away from her and clattered on the ground far away while her tiara remained attached to her head, but it was now lopsided. Armor stomped over and extended his flames to pin his sister to the ground. “We really shouldn’t be fighting like this,” Armor mused.

“Brother, please don’t do this!” Twilight cried. In her peripheral vision, she saw that her friends were in similar situations. She then met with her brother’s eyes. “T-take me, but don’t hurt them!”

“Sorry Twilight.” A golden flame emerged from Armor’s horn. “Orders are orders. Besides, look what it took to defeat you. Your friendship failed just because of one weak link.” He looked up at the golden flame and his eyes filled with a disturbing glee. “With this power, you’ll be able to defend yourself and reliance on others will become obsolete.”

“You...” Twilight stammered, but then she hardened her eyes. “You’re not my brother. He was a kind and caring pony who’d lay down his life to protect his friends. What would Cadance say to you!?”

Armor pushed down his hooves and seared Twilight’s own. While she yelped he coldly said, “What I am doesn’t matter. Strength is all that matters now.” He began to lower his horn.

The other guards followed Armor’s lead and started lowering their horns and flames as well. Dash looked down at Fluttershy and did the same.

“P-please...” Fluttershy whimpered. She dared look up at Dash in hopes of finding the pegasus she knew. However, all she saw were burning white eyes that bore into her. Tears cascaded down her cheeks and she frantically screamed, “Rainbow Dash! Stop! Please stop!”

Unnoticed by anypony, the Element of Loyalty shook a little. The ruby lightning bolt in the center glimmered for a second. Then, the necklace pushed off the ground and zoomed at Dash, affixing itself onto her neck. She proceeded to let out a wail akin to hundreds of dying fires. A storm of images flooded into her brain and came to rest on one of a yellow and pink pegasus filly.

✦✦✦

“Please stop!” cried a young Fluttershy. She scrunched up into a tighter ball and tucked herself further into the cloud she was hiding in. “Just go away Rainbow Dash!”

“Not until you tell me what the hay happened,” replied Dash’s voice.

“You... you don’t want to be my friend anymore!”

“What?!” Dash yelled in surprise. “Fluttershy, when have I ever said anything like that?”

“You... you didn’t, but all your friends said that a slow flyer like me would never have a chance of hanging out with a cool pony like you!” Multiple sobs escaped Fluttershy’s mouth.

“Oh, those ponies,” Dash snorted. “Fluttershy, listen to me, I don’t care if you’re not the best flyer. I wouldn’t care if you were a unicorn or an earth pony. We’ve been friends since we were foals and that’s all I care about.”

Slowly, Fluttershy’s head emerged from the cloud and turned to look at Dash. “R-rea—”

Fluttershy gasped when she saw the condition Dash was in. Her azure coat was bruised and purple in places, her left eye was black and swollen shut, and her nose was bent a little and bleeding.

“Heh, we must both be quite a sight,” Dash chuckled. “See, after I saw you running out of the lunch hall, I asked what happened and a few ponies made the mistake of calling you a loser. Lets just say I’m the one who got off easy in this case.”

Fluttershy said nothing. More tears welled up in her eyes and she gave Dash a huge hug. It took all of Dash’s resolve not to yelp in pain. Instead, she brought a hoof over and patted Fluttershy’s back with it.

“Why?” Fluttershy sobbed.

“You deaf?” Dash playfully asked. “I told you, because you’re my friend.” Fluttershy’s knees shook a little when all of Dash’s weight shifted onto her. “But trying to find you while I was bashed up like this took alot out of me. How about you pay me back by flying me to the infirmary?” With a smile on her lips, Dash passed out.

✦✦✦

“Huh?” said Dash. She then noticed she was standing on something. She looked down and was met with the terrified gaze of Fluttershy. “Fluttershy? What’s going on?”

“R-rainbow Dash?” Fluttershy whimpered. She then noticed that Dash’s pupils and her pink irises had returned, albeit still composed of flames.

“Um, why am I holding you down?” Dash glanced down and realized she was on fire. “Ahh! Oh my gosh! Fluttershy get me some water! I’m... why am I on fire, but I’m not burning?”

“You... you don’t remember?” Fluttershy asked.

“No I was...” Dash raised one of her hooves. Oddly, Fluttershy’s leg hadn’t been burnt. “Discord was messing with us again and I... no, it was Nightmare Moon...” Dash shook her head, sending out a few embers. “No, wasn’t it the Changeling Queen?” She shook her head more. “No, no, no! I was fighting...” Her eyes went wide and she looked down at Fluttershy. She released the rest of her hooves and helped her friend up. She broke eye contact with Fluttershy and looked despondently to the ground. “I was fighting you.”

Fluttershy reached out her hooves and hugged Dash. Once more, the flames didn’t burn her, but simply washed over her in a few places. “It’s okay, you’re back now.” A few tears fell down her face and evaporated in Dash’s flames. “I was so scared you were gone.”

Armor stopped his attempt to convert Twilight and looked up at Dash and Fluttershy. “No!” he roared. “You serve us!”

“I don’t serve anypony!” Dash yelled back. She broke from her hug with Fluttershy and bolted across the room, leaving a trail of rainbow fire in her wake. She slammed into one guard and then slammed into another one. She corralled all four of them and threw them at Armor. “Especially jerks like you!”

Armor erected a shield that the guards slammed into. While he was focused on the shield, a blast of purple magic struck his side and sent him back a few feet. When he recovered his balance, he was met by six ponies staring him down.

“It’s over brother,” said Twilight, her horn aglow and ready to perform another attack.

“No!” Armor yelled. “No! No! NO! You are weak!” He glared at the fallen guards. “You’re all WEAK!”

Tendrils of flame shot out of Armor’s sides and latched onto the guards. The other ponies could only watch as the fire was stripped away from the guards, returning them to their normal, but burnt, forms.

Armor, however, only grew in size. His flames became incredibly wild, his horn elongated, and the flames on his back solidified into fiery wings. “Power is strength. Those without it are weak. Those who are weak...” He glared are Twilight and her friends, who all took a step back. “Those who are weak shall die!”

Armor’s whole body erupted into a grand wall of flames, which rushed forward at the ponies. However, Dash jumped in front of them. She took a deep breath and her wings grew to become walls of flame as well. Her and Armor’s fires met and pushed against each other. “You’re not the only one with some neat new tricks!” Dash yelled.

~~~

Magical bolts and fireballs rained down on Luna and Luffy, the former barely dodging the assault. Luffy was biting parts of his leg and blowing on them to no avail. “Darn it! Why isn’t it working?”

“How is eating yourself going to defeat her?” Luna yelled. She braked sharply and veered out of the way of a pillar of flame.

“My limbs are supposed become giant so I can kick her butt!” Luffy replied.

Luna glanced back and gave Luffy a worried look. “Were you hit in the head by an attack?”

“No, I just need to...” Luffy paused and turned his neck around. “Um, where’d she go?”

Luna paused her flight when she too noticed that Blaze had seemingly vanished. Her attacks had stopped as well. “Careful, Straw Hat.”

“Maybe you should worry about yourself,” came Blaze’s voice from all around them. Suddenly, the mad queen burst out of the flames next to Luffy and Luna and smacked them to the ground with a combined blast of flames and magic.

“Ugh,” Luffy grumbled as he got to his hooves. He looked down and noticed he was standing on a solid ground again. He looked over at Luna, who was also slowly standing back up. “Hey, did you make the flames go away?”

Luna took in the sight around. “No, she hit us too fast.”

Blaze trotted through the flames and looked down on them. “I thought it’d be a nice final gift for you.”

“Yes,” came Blaze’s voice, even though her lips weren’t moving. Luffy and Luna slowly turned their heads and were met with another Blaze leering at them. “A queen should at least show a little mercy.

Multiple copies of Blaze emerged from the flames and encircled Luffy and Luna. All of them had malicious grins stretched across their faces. Luffy and Luna put their back to each other and faced down the small army of Blazes.

Suddenly, another Blaze burst out of the top of the fire area and flew straight at Luna and Luffy. Her horn had the fully charged petrification spell ready. “Die!”

“Crap!” Luffy desperately bit into the part of his leg right next to his hoof, but this time when he blew into it, his leg started growing in size. “Got it! Gear three!” He turned up to Blaze, only to see the spell was already rushing at them.

“No!” Luna yelled. She jumped in front of Luffy, but the spell still hit them both at the same time, creating a blinding flash.

As the light dimmed, the true Blaze flew down while the flame clones dispersed. The spot where Luffy and Luna had been was encased in smoke. “Ah, now that they’re gone, I can finally...”

“Gum Gum...” came voice from within the smoke.

“No...” uttered Blaze, completely flabbergasted.

Luna shot out of the smoke and rushed at Blaze. Luffy was hitched to her back with a giant hoof trailing behind him. In her shock, Blaze wasn’t even able to raise a wing before the massive hoof smashed into her and pushed her into the flames. “Giant Pistol!”

PreviousChapters Next