• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 23,017 Views, 1,678 Comments

My Little Pirates: Luffy's Adventures in Equestria - Fullmetal Pony



A One Piece MLP Crossover. Luffy finds himself sent to Equestria and must find a way back.

  • ...
77
 1,678
 23,017

PreviousChapters Next
Corruption

Beads of sweat dripped off Rarity as she and her friends made their way through the Castle. “Oh, this is awful! I’m presperating!”

“Kinda bigger issues right now!” Dash yelled back at her.

“It is pretty warm out,” Fluttershy murmured, a few drops of sweat sliding down her face as well.

“Oh no,” said Twilight.

Rarity flashed Dash a triumphant smirk. “See Rainbow? You may enjoy sweating, but some of us find it quite unsanitary.”

“No!” Twilight screamed back at Rarity. “That’s not the problem! The problem is that it’s still morning and it already feels like the middle of summer!”

“Well, it is a bit warm for ma liking,” said Applejack.

“I like it!” Pinkie smiled. “Oooh, maybe we could make some eggs on the sidewalk.” Pinkie’s sweat-laden mane suddenly flopped in front of her eyes. “Wow, it’s never done that before!”

Twilight nervously looked back at Pinkie playing with her mane. “This isn’t good. The Princess is causing the temperature to elevate to unhealthy levels.” Her friends gave her blank stares. “She’s making it too hot.”

“Ohh!” they all said in unison.

“We have to get to the Elements fast!” Right as she finished, Twilight was tackled by Pinkie. “Pinkie! What in Equestria are you...” She froze when she saw Pinkie’s tail violently spasming.

Suddenly, the spot where Twilight had been running at was consumed by a pillar of fire. When the flames abated, five figures stood in front of the ponies. Fluttershy ducked behind Rarity as the leading figure, cloaked in blue and white fire, stepped forward.

“Twilight,” said the figure, its voice like the sound of a blazing inferno.

“S-shiny?” Twilight stuttered as she picked herself and Pinkie off the floor. “What... what happened to you?”

“Our queen has shared her power with us,” Armor replied. “She’s also given us orders to seize you.” The guards at his sides took a step forward, singing the carpet they were standing on. “But her highness doesn’t give you enough credit. I know you have power, the power of the Elements. So I have a better plan, join us willingly and use the Elements to help cleanse this land.”

“N-no,” Twilight stuttered. “Shiny, this isn’t you. Please she’s con—” Her eyes went wide and her horn flared up just in the nick of time to put up a shield that stopped a jet of flame from Armor’s own fiery horn.

“While I don’t agree with her highness’s plan, I won’t let you belittle her.” Armor growed as he poured more power into his flames. “Submit sister! It’s the only way you’ll live to see tomorrow!”

“Ugh!” Twilight stammered as she and her shield were pushed back. Cracks formed through her purple aura, while tears streamed down her face. “Shiny! Don’t do this! Please!” Suddenly, the cracks in the shield were filled by a light blue aura.

“You brute!” Rarity yelled, her horn now ablaze with magic. “How dare you treat your sister like this!”

Armor’s knees began to sputter and smoke as he was pushed back, leaving scorch marks on the ground. The other guards saw this and added their own flames to the fire. Armor grunted in frustration and glared with his eyes of blue flame at Twilight. “You can’t win this!”

Pinkie jumped forward and physically pushed on the shield. “You’re taking the burning bridges thing waaaayyyy too seriously!”

Applejack pushed on the shield as well. “With ya on that Pinkie!”

Dash backed up a few inches and then zoomed at the shield, pushing it forward a few inches. “Like the look and all, but the burning us thing really isn’t my style.”

Seeing the shield inching ever closer to them, the guards’ bodies turned from stable flames into raging infernos.

On the other side of the shield, the ponies gritted their teeth and kept pushing. The heat from the fire was beginning to reach them and they were all sweating even more than before. “Just a... few... more inches,” said Twilight. Then she noticed that only four ponies were helping her with the shield. “Fluttershy,” she groaned, “help.”

“I... I can’t...” Fluttershy whimpered from behind Twilight. “What... what if I can’t stop it? You’ll get hurt and it’ll be my fa—”

“We don’t have time for this!” yelled Dash. “Fluttershy, don’t worry about what will happen! You just have to try!” Smoke started to emanate from Dash’s hooves, along with everypony else’s that were touching the shield. “Please!”

Tears were on the verge of spilling down Fluttershy’s face, but she took a deep breath and then charged at the shield. She slammed her hooves on it and resisted every urge to remove them when they started to smoke.

Seeing all her friends fighting with her, Twilight sharpened her gaze and and looked at Armor. “Brother, I’m sorry... but we’re getting through! Everypony push!” The magic coming out of her horn redoubled, as did Rarity’s. Everypony else lunged at the shield, which carreened forward.

“No,” was all Armor could say before he and his guards were hit by their own flames and then by the shield, creating a blast that knocked them and the other ponies to the ground.

Twilight and her friends quickly got back to their hooves. Seeing the guards temporarily stunned and scattered, Twilight looked back at her friends. “Lets go!”

They all raced forward. However, Fluttershy trailed in the back a little, her eyes on the guards around her. The flames that made their bodies only sputtered now, revealing what looked like glowing embers underneath. Only Armor was still fully cloaked in flames. As she passed him, she frowned and whispered, “I’m sorry.”

“You should be,” Armor growled. Suddenly, his hoof elongated into a whip of fire and wrapped around Fluttershy’s leg. “Treason is a high crime!” Fluttershy yelped in pain as the flames licked her leg but didn’t spread beyond their contact point.

“Fluttershy!” All her friends yelled.

Dash flew at Armor and bucked him right in the side.“Let her go!”

Armor went flying straight into the adjacent wall and left at large black mark where he hit it. He then slid to the ground, his flames now flickering like the other guards’ had.

Dash stayed in the air and hovered over to Fluttershy, who was kneeling on the ground and crying over the burnt ring around her leg. “Fluttershy, it’s gonna be okay,” Dash said in an uncharacteristically calm voice. “But we can’t stay here. These guys probably aren’t gonna be out for long.”

Much to Dash’s dismay, she noticed that the guards’ bodies were slowing being retaken by the flames. She reached down and put a hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder. “It’s just a small burn. I’ve seen Pinkie take worse in the kitchen.”

“She’s right!” Pinkie chirped close by. “I still think I can totally make a birthday cake just out of can—”

“Pinkie!” Twilight yelled.

Pinkie blushed a little “Oh, right, saving Equestria.”

Fluttershy looked at her friends and smiled despited the pain her leg. “Okay, lets go.”

“That’s the spirit!” For a second, Dash smiled. However, her grin instantly turned into a scowl. “Down!” She rushed at Fluttershy and shoved her out of the way of another flame whip, this time from one of the other guards. The whip deflected off Dash’s leg, but left a strip of burnt skin. She noticed the other guards, along with Armor, beginning to rise again.

She twisted her neck so that her eyes met Twilight’s. “Get Fluttershy out of here and get to the Elements!”

Twilight’s horn glowed and wrapped the shivering pegasus in a purple aura. “Okay, now lets move Rainbow!”

Dash turned away from her friend and rammed into one of the guards, causing her hooves to smoke but also sending the guard into another one. “Just go! We don’t have time to fight these guys! Just give me my Element when you get back!”

“But—”

“Trust me!” Dash yelled, dodging another flame whip. “These guys have nothing on Spitfire!”

Twilight’s legs weren’t listening to her. Her left ones wanted to go in Dash’s direction, but her right ones wanted to get to the Elements. She took a deep breath before sending out a beam to knock back a guard that was coming up on Dash from behind. She looked at her friend and nodded. “We won’t be gone long.”

Twilight then turned around and rushed out of the hallway, her friends followed. Armor, meanwhile, was once again fully coated in flames and slowly rose from where he’d fallen. His flames became violent and chaotic in nature and whipped against the floor and the walls. “You will not escape.” He raced to the ponies like the flame he was, however, Dash flew at him and slammed him again. This time, he didn’t crumple.

Instead, Dash flew back, letting out a small hiss of pain. She looked down at her hooves and saw them quickly fade from red to their normal cyan.

Armor regained his footing and looked at her. While his current form had no mouth, his eyes were angled to look like twin sadistic grins. “Rainbow Dash, it was noble of you to try and stall us, but you can’t win this. Merely touching us destroys your body, while we can quickly recover.”

Suddenly, four jets of fire shot at Dash and wrapped around her legs. She screamed as she was slammed into the ground. While the other guards held her, Armor trotted up to her and looked down, the same horrible smile dancing in his eyes. “I won’t call you a fool though. No, you are strong, which is what her highness requires.”

Armor’s horn lit up with a golden flame that glistened even in the bright daylight. He began to lower his horn towards Dash’s head. “S-stay back!” Dash yelled. “Don’t think you’re gonna get off easy just cause you’re Twilight’s brother. I... I’m gonna kick your flank!”

The smile in Armor’s eyes widened. “Yes, you’re just the kind of hot-blooded spirit we need.”

Armor’s horn got lower and lower. Dash flailed about, causing the guards to dig into the ground, but their restraints held firm. She flapped her wings as hard as she could to no avail. All the while, the golden flame got closer and closer. “No,” Dash quivered, her bravado quickly fading as escape got further away from her. With the flame just inches from touching her, she screamed.

~~~

Luffy ran at Blaze and jumped up. He stretched a hoof far back. “Gum-Gum...” The hoof started racing back at Blaze.

Blaze just smirked. “You think that will work? You’ve already tasted my flames twice and those weren’t even direct attacks. If I was inclined, I could just let you pummel me until you burnt to a cri—” Blaze noticed a second too late that Luffy’s hoof was covered in a blue aura.

“Pistol!” Luffy yelled as the attack connected, yet didn’t burn him this time. Blaze was sent back a few feet, but she dug her hooves into the ground, melting it in the process, and kept herself upright.

Blaze then glared at Luna. Luna’s now black horn was alight with her familiar blue aura. “Don’t forget you’re fighting both of us.”

“Er,” Blaze growled. The flames her wings were made of grew in size and extended far above all three of them. “Fine Luna, you want to stand by your pirate lover so bad, then I’ll smash you together!” Blaze’s wings then snapped in front of her and aimed to squash Luffy and Luna.

However, Luna’s horn lit up and her form dissolved into a purple mist that surrounded Luffy and repelled the flames. When the flames retracted back into wings, Luna resumed her battle form as well, her silver armor smoking for a few seconds. “You’re sloppy,” Luna smirked. “Discord hit us much faster and harder than that.”

“You can do mist too?” Luffy asked. “Aw, why couldn’t I have gotten cool pony powers?” He then raised a hoof and wiped the sweat off his brow. “Man, it’s hot in here.”

Blaze cackled at this. “And that is the other reason why you’ll fail. You’re surrounded by my flames. Luna can protect you from the heat, but eventually all the oxygen here will dissipate.” She smirked at Luna. “I’d love to see you maintain an air spell, a heat protection spell, and defend yourself at the same time.”

Luna took a reflexive step back. Worry glinted in her eyes for a second. Blaze continued smiling. “See? It’s just a matter of time.”

“So I just have to beat you before the air runs out, huh?” Luffy said with a grin. “Sounds fun.” He firmly planted his legs in the ground and pumped them. His coat went from beige to pink in a few second and steam poured out of his body. “Gear Second!”

“What is that?” Luna asked.

“You heard her,” Luffy sternly replied, “no time to talk.” He then moved to his right and disappeared.

“What!?” said both Blaze and Luna.

Suddenly, Luffy appeared out of nowhere at Blaze’s side. “Jet Bullet!” The hit sent Blaze tumbling across the ground and nearly to the other side of the ruins. Luffy smiled for a second before realizing his hoof was smoking. “Ow! Hot! Hot!”

Luna flew over and covered his hoof in her magic and it stopped smoking. “Careful,” Luna chided, “that speed is incredible, but my magic can’t keep up.”

They both then jumped out of the way of a giant fireball that then collided and meshed with flames that encompassed the ruins. Blaze huffed in frustration as she glared at both Luna and Luffy. “Insects!” Snakes of flame then shot out from her mane, her horn, and her wings.

Luffy jumped and dodged the flames with his enhanced speed, narrowly avoiding being grilled alive. While weaving through the fires, he kept an eye on Luna. “Can you keep the magic glove thing on for awhile?”

“I can try,” Luna responded, flying and teleporting around the fires as she did. “It’s just contact with her that’s an issue. She’s not just hot, she’s incredibly volatile. Even my magic can’t sustain itself for long against her temperature.”

“Okay,” Luffy replied, “then I got an idea.”

Suddenly, Blaze emerged out of one of the fire tentacles between Luffy and Luna. “Planning things, are we? Well, so have I. See, in my contempt for you, I forgot that Earth ponies don’t fly.” A wicked grin crossed her face. “It would be a shame to have the ground you stand on crumble.”

Luna’s eyes widened in horror as Blaze’s horn lit up. “Straw Hat! Get on my back now!” A sea of flames then erupted from the ground and bathed the ruins in a tempest of destruction.

~~~

Twilight and her friends were gasping for breath as the made it into the Elemental Sanctuary. All their coats were slightly reddened and sweat soaked all their manes. Twilight unceremoniously dropped her levitation spell and Fluttershy fell to the ground. She looked at Rarity. “Rarity...” Her lips cracked and bled a little as she spoke. “Can you give us all an emergency hydration and sunscreen spell?”

“I was just thinking the same thing,” Rarity replied. Her horn lit up and a powder blue aura encompassed her and her friends. The redness of their coats faded a little back to their regular colors and the sweat stopped pouring from them as rapidly. “This is the worst disaster I’ve ever had to deal with. Nopony will want to wear anything in this heat!”

“We can worry about fashion later!” yelled Applejack. She rushed ahead of her friends toward the doors that led to the chamber that held the Elements. “We’ve got to get the Elements and save Rainbow!”

The rest of the group joined Applejack and rushed to the door. Pushing it open, they hurried over to the chest and opened it, revealing five golden necklaces and a tiara. Twilight levitated them up and dished them out to their respective owners. The tiara and the necklace with a lightning bolt on it still floated in the air.

“Twilight...” Fluttershy mumbled.

“C’mon.” Twilight turned to the exit. “We’ve got to get back to Rainbow Dash.”

“I think that’s taken care of,” echoed a voice all around them. Suddenly, the wall to the left of them was busted open by a large jet of purple flame. Armor then emerged from the aperture, followed by his other guards.

“Brother!” Twilight yelled. “What have you done to Rainbow Dash!?”

Armor responded with a deep laugh; it sounded like a building was being engulfed in a blaze. “You can tell me.”

Out of the hole in the wall emerged another pony. Its body and its wings was composed of azure flames that violently lashed out at anything near it. Its mane was a glorious inferno comprised of multiple flames of all colors. In contrast, its eyes were a pure burning white. It walked over to Armor, leaving rainbow flames wherever it stepped.

Twilight and the others could only stand paralyzed as they watched the pony join Armor’s side. “No,” Twilight whispered.

The wicked smile was in Armor’s eyes once more. “You should be happy.” He glanced over at that flame demon Dash had become. “She’s quite loyal to us.”

PreviousChapters Next