• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 23,001 Views, 1,678 Comments

My Little Pirates: Luffy's Adventures in Equestria - Fullmetal Pony



A One Piece MLP Crossover. Luffy finds himself sent to Equestria and must find a way back.

  • ...
77
 1,678
 23,001

PreviousChapters Next
Meat!

A snot bubble waxed and waned out of Luffy’s nose. Visions of meat that kept running away from him filled his dreams and made him toss and turn on the large bed he was sleeping on. The door to his room creaked open and a figure slowly trotted over to his bed.

I can’t believe I’m letting him sleep in the royal chambers, Celestia brooded. I should send him away now and be done with it.

The figure inched closer to Luffy. It readied its horn and lit Luffy’s hoof up.

“Hgfl,” Luffy mumbled in his dreams.

The figure paused for a second, and then raised Luffy’s hoof again. Its eyes widened with curiosity and its magic gave the hoof a tug. Rather than become tense, the hoof simply stretched out. “Fascinating.”

An image of Twilight flashed in front of Celestia as she rose from her throne. He had to make friends with her. She looked out a window and brought the sun to dusk.

“Wha huh?” Luffy’s eyes flickered a little. The magic surrounding his hoof disappeared and his hoof snapped back and hit him in the face. “Ow!”

“Eep!” There was a flash and then the room was empty.

Luffy rubbed the spot where he’d been hit. “What just happened? I know I heard someone scream... weird.”

There was another flash and then Celestia was in the room. “Good, you’re awake. It is time for dinner.”

“Sweet!” Luffy hopped from the bed. “Ya know, I thought you were a jerk, but anyone who gives me food can’t be all bad.”

Celestia and walked out of the room while Luffy followed. “Despite my contempt for pirates I do owe you a debt for saving my sister and I’m a pony of my word”

“Oh yeah, how was your sister anyway? Does turning to stone hurt?”

“She is recovering,” Celestia replied. “Perhaps that is for the best. While she’s recuperating, she won’t see you.”

“She hate pirates too?” Luffy pouted. He glanced to his side and noticed the royal guard flanking the door to the room he’d been in.

Celestia rubbed her head with a hoof. “Maybe if you’d listened to why I have disdain for your ilk, you’d know why it’s better that Luna never see you or another pirate ever again.”

“How is everypony else so nice, but their leader is so mean?” Luffy murmured.

Small trails of fire laced Celestia’s mane.“What was that?” She paused when she realized how loud she’d been and deep breath as the flames died down. “As per my student’s request, we shall have a small celebration for your defeat of Discord.”

Celestia lit her horn up and opened the door to the grand ballroom. A table sat in the middle with a vast array of foods lining it. “Know that this banquet has not been enjoyed by humans for centuries,” Celestia explained. “This will also hopefully be the last time a human ever...” She glanced over and noticed Luffy was already at the table stuffing himself.

“This is awesome!” he exclaimed with a mouthful of food. He didn’t even say hello to six mares already at the table.

Rarity’s face turned slightly green. “I think I’ve found a new dieting method.”

“His abilities must prevent him from choking,” Twilight postulated while Luffy continued to inhale food.

“Shoot, even after cider season, Big Mac isn’t this hungry,” Applejack said with a gaping mouth.

“Oh my,” Fluttershy squeaked.

“He’s got a point though,” Pinkie said before burying her head into a bowl of mashed potatoes. She emerged with her face completely covered in the food. She quickly ate it all with one wide lick of her tongue. “This is really good.”

“Ya mind saving some for the rest of us?” Rainbow Dash impatiently asked. She reached out to grab an apple, only for Luffy’s head to spring out of the maelstrom he’d made of himself and snatch the apple away. “Hey! I was gonna eat that!” Dash then jumped into the mess that Luffy and Pinkie were making.

Celestia facehoofed. “If the paparazzi get wind of this, I’m going to cause a draught.”

~~~

Ace sat in his cell and looked down at his red hoof. His own words played in the back of his head, “Whitebeard is my only father.

He smiled as he twirled the hoof around. “Pops would get a laugh out of this, one of his sons made into a horse.” He heard a clanking on the cells and clamped his mouth shut.

A large horned beast entered the cell. However, its attention was on the other cell’s prisoner. “Last chance to get out,” it bellowed.

“I’m not going anywhere!” Ace’s fellow prisoner yelled.

The beast sighed a little. “When someone resists, give them a few hits!” It raised its club and brought it down on the prisoner’s head. It then trudged out of the room. It gave a brief look back at the prisoner. “Sorry brother.”

For a few moments, the cell was silent, save for the sound of blood dripping onto the floor. Finally, the prisoner spoke up, “Can’t even scratch myself.”

“You wouldn’t be able to even if you were free,” Ace stated. “Heh, at least I have something rough on the end of my legs.”

“It doesn’t matter,” the prisoner sighed. He shifted his body a little to get closer to the wall. In a brief glint of light, his form was easier to make out. From afar, he’d look like a rather bulky blue Earth pony. However, up close he was unlike any type of regular pony. Rather than having rough hooves, he had what looked like webbed stumps. His legs were covered in sapphire-like scales up to his knees. Sharp teeth extended out of his mouth, particularly his bottom canines. His most unique trait was his tail though. Rather than being made of hair, it was a thick fish tail that was also covered in scales. A large stylized sun made of orange scales instead of blue ones adorned his flank. “I’d rather suffer a thousand wounds worse than this in order to stop this war.”

“Jinbei...” Ace muttered.

In a nearby cell, a pony with a wide line of stitches running across his face grinned wickedly. Sounds like things are getting interesting. “Kuhahaha.”

~~~

Save for the broken pillars, the grand ballroom looked worse than it had at the Gala. Celestia, Rarity, and Twilight all cringed a little at the splattered food that was on both the walls and the floor. Dash and Applejack were still in the midst of a cider drinking contest and quite a few empty pints lied at their hooves. Fluttershy was off in a corner, nursing some cider of her own and watching events play out.

In the middle of all of this were Luffy and Pinkie, both with rather humorously distended stomachs. “That was good,” Luffy moaned. He then let out a rather loud belch.

“It sure was,” Pinkie replied before letting out an even bigger blech. “What was your favorite? The cake? The sunday? The chocolate fountain?” Pinkie shuddered a little at the mention of the last dessert.

“Ugh, don’t make me choose,” Luffy playfully complained. “Still wish we had meat though.”

“Barbaric,” Celestia commented.

“Oh hey, pony princess, where’s the bathroom?” Luffy asked as he wobbled to his hooves.

“Down the hall, to the left, it’ll be the sixteenth door. You shouldn’t miss it,” Celestia sighed.

Luffy darted out to the bathroom. “Thanks.”

“How can he move with that much food in his system?” Twilight pondered.

“Twilight, some things are best left unknown,” Rarity replied. She levitated a pint of cider over and started chugging it. In between gulps she said, “I never wish to remember this transpired in Canterlot.”

~~~

Luffy quickly reached his destination and now stared at two doors. One had a silhouette of a stallion on it, while the other had a silhouette of a mare. “Hmmm.” Luffy craned his neck forward and closely examined both pictures. “Argh! This is too complicated. Bet that jerk princess is just messing with me. I’m gonna go find the real bathroom.”

He wandered up and down the halls of the castle, trying in vain to find the bathroom. Corridors twisted, stairs gave way to more endless hallways, and doors were fruitless in revealing Luffy’s goal. “Er! This is ridiculous!” Luffy yelled as he slammed a door that had only led to janitorial closet. “How big is this place?!”

~~~

Pinkie’s left ear twitched a little. “Huh?”

“Pinkie, is something wrong?” Fluttershy asked.

“My ear wiggled,” Pinkie replied. “That means somepony is getting really confused.”

“I need to make sure your friend hasn’t done something to the castle.” Celestia trotted out of the room and left the ponies alone.

Twilight bit her lip. “I’ve never seen her like this... not even when I was tardy.”

“Um Twilight,” Fluttershy spoke up, “this is much more than just you being late on an assignment. Imagine how you’d feel if something happened to your brother.”

“I do know.” Twilight shuddered a little. “I hadn’t thought about it that way though.” She looked over her friends. “This is different though, right? I mean, he helped defeat Discord.”

“He sounds like a mighty fine fellow too,” Applejack stated.

“I agree,” Fluttershy whispered. “He’s loud but he’s funny too... kinda like Rainbow Dash.”

“What?” Dash exclaimed as she took to the air. “Look, I may shout a little, but I’m not that crazy...” She noticed her friends giving her a look. “Okay, maybe a little. But I don’t want to be a queen or anything.”

“Ha!” Rarity chuckled. Her face was visibly red now. “Thash funny Dashy! Cause you— hic!— wanna be the queen a tha wonderbolts... this carpet is simply fabulous.” Rarity then collapsed in a heap onto the rug.

“Some mares just aren’t built for cider,” Dash sighed. She floated down and shifted Rarity onto her back. “Better get her to bed.”

“It is getting late,” said Twilight.

“Parties do make me tired,” Fluttershy murmured. She joined the rest of the group making their way to the bedrooms.

Applejack was nearly out the door when she noticed the group was missing somepony. She craned her neck around and saw that Pinkie was still sitting the middle of the room. “Pinkie, ya comin?”

“I’ll be there soon,” Pinkie replied. “I just don’t want Luffy to come back and nopony would be here. That’d be a super duper bummer.”

Applejack rubbed her eyes and then trotted back over to her friend. “Ah’ve stayed up through worst. Ah don’t think ya’d like to stay here alone either.”

“Well, I was thinking of playing tic-tac-toe with myself, but now we can play it together!” Pinkie happily exclaimed.

“How about we play pin the tail on the pony instead?” Applejack asked. “No offense, but Ah’ve seen how you play tic-tac-toe and Ah ain’t in the mood for losin.”

“What’s wrong?” Pinkie said with a coy smile. “Afraid of getting beat?”

Applejack slammed a hoof down in front of Pinkie and glared out her. “It is on.”

~~~

“That’s it!” Luffy stomped a hoof to the ground. “I’m just gonna go use the bu—” He paused and took a deep breath. “Is that...” He tilted up his muzzle and started sniffing with it. His eyes nearly bugged out of his head. “It is!”

He happily started galloping in the direction of the scent. “Where is it? Where is it?” He raced through the corridors, oblivious to the fact that the decor was taking a turn for the gothic. Whereas most of the castle was well lit, this section employed minimalist lighting. Heavy drapes were currently pulled back from the windows, but they could easily block out most light.

Luffy heard hoofsteps and paused. He peered around a corner to see who was making the noise. He saw a royal guard emerge from a room pushing an empty cart. His armor was darker than the other guards as was his coat. His wings were also noticeably sharper and bat-like. “Huh, he looks cooler than the other guards.” Luffy sniffed the air again. “That’s probably why they get to eat real food.” Drool started to drip from his mouth. “Shishishi, I wouldn’t be a pirate if I didn’t steal a little.”

He looked around the corner again to make sure the coast was clear and then he inched his way along the wall muttering, “food food food...” the entire time. He made it to the door, ignorant of the moon symbols on it and thrust them open. “Meat!”

“What in Equestria?!” A dark blue alicorn yelled as a chicken leg lost its aura and fell to the ground. Luna looked down at the piece of meat and then glared at Luffy with eyes white with magic. “How dare thou intrude on thine Princess of the Night! Thine punishment shall be severe for entering unannounced into our private chambers!” she roared, employing the full power of the Royal Canterlot Voice.

Luffy rubbed his ears with a hoof and took a deep breath. “You’re really loud!”

“By Starswirl’s beard!” Her eyes lost their glow. “Another user of the Royal Canterlot Voice!” She paused and got a better look at Luffy. “You are the strange pony sister mentioned. Forgive me, I had no idea you were royalty as well.” She bowed her head a little. “I am Luna, Princess of the Night. And your proper name would be?”

“Luffy.” Luffy corked his head. “Did you say something about royalty?”

“You employed the Royal Canterlot Voice. Only those with a disposition to rule have the ability to use it. I admit I’m surprised as well, I have never known a stallion t—”

“You gonna eat that?” Luffy gestured to the chicken leg on the ground.

“What?!” Luna nearly fell over. “Nopony else ever dines on this food! Oh, sister has kept even more things from me than I thought.” Luna’s eyes began to spin. “A royal dressed oddly that stretches and eats meat, this is so much to take in. Then there was Discord and the stone and...” Luna’s eyes rapidly spun and then she collapsed in a fit of confusion. Her tiara slid off and stopped near Luffy’s hooves.

“Sheesh, everypony who’s in charge around here is weird.” His eyes then turned back to the chicken leg. “Well, since she’s passed out, might as well finish off this food before it gets cold.”

Luna awoke a few minutes later to the sound of somepony munching on something. She opened her eyes and saw Luffy finishing off the rest of her chicken dinner. He’s even worse than I am. “Sir Luffy, may I ask how you came to... enjoy such food?”

“Huh?” Little bits a food fell out of Luffy’s mouth as he spoke. “I just like meat. I was worried I’d have to spend my whole time here without it.”

“Here?” Luna’s eyes glittered with realization. “Oh, you must be from one of the neighboring lands. No wonder you acquired such a diet.”

“Yeah land is neat,” Luffy replied, ignorant of the actual question, as he nibbled on the chicken bone. “So what’s up with you eating this stuff? I thought ponies don’t eat meat.”

“We normally don’t,” Luna replied. “However, some vestiges remain of my imprisonment. My desire for flesh is a symbol of my...”

The moon was slightly higher in the sky when Luna took a breath. “... and that is why I’m trying to ween myself off it.” Luna looked over at Luffy. “Does that answer your qu—” Luffy was snoring. “Thou hast fallen alseep?!”

Luffy jumped up and looked around. “Huh? Oh right, so what happened with your imprisonment?”

Luna’s jaw nearly touched the floor. “That was the beginning of my story! Ugh, you are worse than the Bearer Element of Laughter.”

“Who?”

“Hmm, that’s right, you are from out of Equestria.” Luna tapped a hoof to her face. “She is a rather energetic pink Earth pony who enjoys both screaming and sweets. I caution that you avoid her while you are here, she can be a bit of a... nuisance.”

“Are you talking about Pinkie?”

“Oh, you’ve already encountered her... I’m sorry.” Luna bowed her head in minor dismay.

“Why?” Luffy raised an eyebrow a little. “She’s fun.”

“I admit, once you understand her labyrinthian form of amusement, she is slightly entertaining... and that party was nice.”

“Oh yeah, the other princess said you were recovering so you weren’t coming, but you look fine to me.”

“Sister is a little overzealous in her protection of me. Ever since my return, she’s been very limiting on voyages outside the castle. I was lucky just to visit...” Luffy was snoring again. “Stop falling asleep!”

“Huh? Oh sorry, must have dozed off.”

“Aside from stretching, narcolepsy seems to be one of your talents,” Luna sighed.

Luffy tried to process what narcolepsy meant and rolled the word around in his mind. An awkward silence filled the room before Luffy tapped a hoof to the ground as he came upon an epiphany. “How’d you know I could stretch?”

“Um...” Luna looked at the ground and twirled. “Forgive me for eavesdropping, but as I was being freed of my stony prison, I overheard Twilight Sparkle and her comrades mentioning you. While sister was preparing the celebration, I may have gone off to see if this story was true.”

Luffy jabbed a hoof at Luna. “So you were the one who smacked me in the face!”

“I did not mean to! I was curious is all. I have not seen abilities like that since I ventured in days of old.”

Luffy grinned a little. “You went on adventures?”

“Quite a few. I wished to explore the seas beyond these lands and see the rest of the world.” She frowned a little. “Perhaps I was naive then.”

“Sounds fun,” Luffy smiled. “Why ya getting sad about sailing?”

“You would not understand,” Luna replied. “Nopony would. Sister has made the seas seem so distant and terrifying.”

“Well they are sometimes. Like this one time my ship almost got eaten by sea kings. It was pretty crazy.” Luffy rubbed a hoof against his chin. “Wonder if sea kings taste good.”

Luna’s eyes somehow went wider than they’d gone the whole night. “How... how do you know about sea kings?!”

“Oh, I’m a pi—”

“You!” Celestia burst into the room with her mane aflame. “How dare you enter my sister’s room!”

“Sister!” Luna cried out. “What in Equestria are you doing?! You’ll burn down the castle like that!”

“I will not have him corrupting you!” Celestia yelled back. She lit up her horn and a golden aura surrounded Luffy and slightly singed parts of his coat.

“Ow! Watch it!” Luffy glared over at Celestia.

“Be glad I don’t burn you to cinders here!” Celestia retorted.

Sister!” Luna yelled. “I don’t know what’s come over you, but this is no way to treat another member of the royal family!”

“He,” Celestia hissed, “is the farthest thing from royal you could imagine. He’s not even a pony!” Celestia slapped a hoof to her mouth as soon as she finished her sentence.

“Sister...” Realization slowly dawned on Luna’s face. “What are you ta—” For the first time, Luna actually got a good look at Luffy’s cutie mark. “A jolly roger.”

Celestia turned around. Luffy pounded against Celestia’s spell to no avail. “I’m sorry sister, I didn’t want you to know.” She took a breath and summoned a piece of paper over Luna. Luna looked at it and saw Luffy’s bounty. “He’s a notorious pirate that has caused chaos all over the world. He’s only here because of the debt I owe him for saving you.” Celestia practically spat out the last sentence.

“He saved me?” Luna asked. “I don’t...” Her forehead became slick with sweat and her breathing became strained. “Pirates... humans... brand...”

Celestia’s eyes filled with terror as she summoned a golden aura around Luna’s head. The Princess of the Night collapsed instantly. “Forgive me sister,” Celestia muttered before glaring up at Luffy. “Scum.”

There was a bright flash and then they were back in the the room Luffy had woken up in. Celestia flung him into the bed with an unceremonious thud. “You’re forbidden from leaving this room. I’ll be watching.” Celestia trotted out the door and slammed them shut.

“What is with her?” Luffy pouted. He flopped around on the bed until he was comfortable. “I wanted to hear her sister’s stories,” he sighed before drifting off to sleep.

PreviousChapters Next