• Published 2nd Jun 2014
  • 1,264 Views, 41 Comments

Button Mash and The Quest to Save Ponyville - JamesBurton



After resucing Sweetie Belle and escaping from Paradise Island Button Mash thought that his life would return to normal. He was wrong. Now he must team up with the mysterious Doctor and save Ponyville from the evil Dark Force

  • ...
3
 41
 1,264

Meet The Doctor

"The Doctor?" Asked Sweetie Belle unsurely. "Look I'm sorry and all but you really don't look like much."

Scootaloo gasps and quickly covers Sweetie Belle's mouth with her hoof. "I'm so sorry about that cutie-I mean Doctor. She looks at her white unicorn filly friend with a very intense glare. "Sweetie Belle doesn't know what she's talking about, Ha Ha Ha I'm Scootaloo by the way."

"Howdy, Ah'm Applebloom." Greeted the yellow earth pony.

Button Mash looks at this light blue pegasus lost in thought. Hmm he fits Lyra's description perfectly, But is he the one I'm looking for? Only one way to find out. "Excuse me."

The Doctor looks at Button Mash his stoic expression not changing as he gave the brown colt his full attention. " Yes?"

"Look I need to know if you know something about Dark Force."

The Doctor just looks at Button Mash not moving a muscle, he actually seemed taken aback at the name of Dark Force. After a minute of just standing there he finally says. "What is your name?"

"Button Mash."

"I'm going to ask one question Button Mash." He said not breaking his serious expression. "How do you know about Dark Force?"

Sweetie Belle glances over towards her two friends. "Dark Force?" They look back at her just as confused as she was.

"A unicorn by the name of Lyra Heartstrings gave me a warning of their arrival two weeks ago." He replied. "She also told me to be on the look out for a light blue pegasus with a brown mane wearing a black scarf who calls himself The Doctor."

The Doctor's scarf blows in the wind as he looked off to the side in thought. "You were wise to listen to her Button Mash." He said as he looked back at the colt.

"Umm I have a question?" Asked Sweetie Belle. "What is Dark Force?"

The blue doctor looks at the ground. "Dark Force are creatures of pure evil, They can be anywhere or anything. They can give anypony unimaginable power or control you to do their will against yours or both.

"THAT'S IT!" Exclaimed Scootaloo. "That's how Derpy was able to do magic, she must have been possessed by this Dark Force!"

"Yeah, and those must the so-called 'Masters' she was talkin about too." Added Applebloom

The Doctor somberly nods his head. "Dark Force is the ultimate evil, and there will be no greater evil than them." He looks up at the sky sadly. "Me and my friends have been fighting their influence for a while, and then we had them cornered but I alone had to destroy them, I tricked them back to safety while I was prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the universe." He looks down at his hooves. "But somehow I survived and ended up here, she will not be happy about this after that goodbye."

Scootaloo raises an eyebrow. "She?"

"Hm, oh nothing just talking to myself" He said turning his attention back to the brown colt. "So Button Mash what's your story?"

Button Mash tell the Doctor about what happened two weeks ago about his adventure on Paradise Island and what he experienced there. Sweetie Belle also tells him what happened two days later.

"I see." Nodded The Doctor. "So Derpy Hooves delivered this game to you Button Mash?"

The earth colt nods.

"Yes, it's extremely possible that she was acting on their behalf and she may have been aware of it but was powerless to do anything about it." He said. "Can you take me over to Ms. Hooves place of residence?"

Scootaloo instantly appears next to the blue pegasus with a love struck look on her face. "Of course we can Doctor, lets go guys." She motions for her fellow friends to follow her as she and the Doctor left for Derpy Hooves house. Button Mash, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom watch their friend walk away with the Doctor.

"Ok, so on a scale from one to ten how pathetic is Scootaloo acting right now?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

"So Doctor, did I mention that I'm single and totally available?"

Button Mash and Applebloom look at each other. "Ten."


"DINKY, SPARKLER, DOCTOR I'M HOME!" Yelled the gray mare. She walks into the house and removes her mail carrier hat and sits it on the hat rack.

Dinky runs up to her mother and gives her a hug. "Mama I'm sorry." She apologized "Its just that I hate it when other ponies pick on you."

"All its alright muffin." Derpy replied returning the hug. "Just promise me that you wont attack Sweetie Belle anymore, she really helped me you know."

"Ok I promise." She said as she lead her mother into the kitchen. "Here mama, Me and The Doctor made you some apology banana muffins." Dinky raises a tray of delicious golden brown treats to her mother who happily takes one and eats it.

"Mmm, just what I needed after a long day of delivering mail, thank you Dinky." She looks around for the other two members of their family. " So where are Sparkler and The Doctor?"

Dinky also takes a banana muffin and eats it. "Eh, Sparkler is upstairs in her room reading or something, and The Doctor is in the basement with his TARDIS.

Derpy looked kind of shocked when Dinky mentioned that The Doctor with his TARDIS. She thought that he gave up his adventurous lifestyle to live a quiet peaceful life away from all the danger. "Is he now?" The gray mail mare heads towards the basement. "I better go see what's he up to?"

Meanwhile in the basement a familiar blue box was standing in the darkness with the doors open. To any old pony this would seem to be any old telephone booth or in this case outhouse, but once you stepped inside, you may find that this ordinary outhouse was bigger on the inside. And at the control panel was a nervous familiar brown earth pony fiddling with the controls. "No no no no this cant be right!" He stuttered as he checked he checked is monitor again hoping for an explanation. "Mysterious Anomaly detected, oh why does it say that." He sits down with his hooves on his head hoping that his enemies hadn't found him.

"Doctor? Doctor are you in here?" Asked Derpy curiously as she look inside the TARDIS. She finds the Doctor siting on the floor with his hooves covering his face. "Doctor what's wrong?"

The brown stallion quickly rushes to the gray mare in a panic. "Derpy we might have some trouble, the TARDIS detected some sort of anomaly."

"Is it one of your enemies Doctor?" She asked with slight panic. "Lets not investigate while Dinky and Sparkler are here."

The Doctor continues to look at his screen. "Yeah that might be a problem Derpy."

"Why's that?"

He slowly looks at the gray mare with a scared look on his face. "Because its already here." Both quickly look up as the doorbell rang signaling that trouble was about to happen.


"So Doctor this is were Derpy lives." Sighed Scootaloo as she leaned on the blue pegasus dreamily.

Button Mash rings the doorbell again. "She has now gone up to eleven on the patheticness." Sweetie Belle leans on Button smiling at her pegasus friend. "Oh leave her be Button." She starts nuzzling him which causes him to start sweating. "What's the matter Button baby?" The white filly whispers is his ear seductively. "If this gets you going just wait till later." She steals a quick peck on the cheek.

Applebloom stands in the back with a very annoyed scowl on her face. "Ya'll suck."

The front door opens and the youngest daughter of Derpy Hooves appears in the doorway. "Oh Button you came to see me!" Dinky exclaimed happily, her excitement is short lived however as she saw four other ponies standing with him. "And you brought friends, hooray."

"Excuse me Miss Hooves, but is your mother home?" Asked The Doctor.

Dinky looks at the light blue pegasus with mild curiosity. "Who are you?" She asked. "I never seen you around here before."

"I'm The Doctor." He said "And its very important that I speak with your mother."

The gray unicorn filly slowly raises a eyebrow. "Doctor you say, I'll be right back." She shuts the door leaving the five ponies very confused. She returns five minutes later with a brown stallion.

"Alright, which one of you kids called themselves The Doctor?"

"That would be me." Replied the blue pegasus.

The brown stallion observes the light blue pegasus is if he was trying to sense something. "You're not me nor a Time Lord are you?" He asked.

"No, just a regular pegasus pony." He said not breaking his stoic look. "But its very important that I see Ms. Hooves."

"Did somepony call me?" Asked the blond mare as she walked to the front door, "Is it-" She looks at the light blue pegasus standing in the group. "YOU!!! MUST!!! DIE!!! kill, Kill ,KILL!!!

The light blue pegasus pushes Scootaloo away from him as Derpy tried to grab him, but he spins around and hits her in the back of her head knocking her out cold.

"Its just as I feared." He said growling. "Dark Force is here."

Author's Note:

Well It looks like things are about to pick up from here. Lets see where it goes shall we?