• Published 24th May 2014
  • 797 Views, 24 Comments

Wings of Faith - Gamer X



A pink mare grew up in a sad, grey town. She coped with the sadness in this village for so long, not letting anyone see the hurt in her eyes. Until one faithful day her savior comes and picks her up from the darkness.

  • ...
3
 24
 797

1. A Grey World

Chapter One: A Grey World


The world of ponies. From behind a computer screen it looks bubbly, cheerful, and full of smiles. But in reality it isn't much different from the real world, only it seems more miserable through my eyes. This place was cold, cruel, and many individuals suffered inside. Suicide, depression, and anger began to spread throughout the village of Ponyville as quickly as any other human towns full of suicidal teens. The weaker ones suffered from unhappiness while the happier, stronger ones fought to their greatest ability and made sure nothing could destroy the tiniest bit of hope they still had.

I sat down quietly in a desolate area. The bench I rested myself atop was very rough and looked quite old, it must have been deserted in this park for who knows how long. A few starving pigeons pecked at a decaying nest of baby birds; eating their tender, soft, rotten meat like a bunch of cannibals. Everything was grey to me; the sky, the children, and the dying town itself. I tried to distract myself from this colorless world by throwing birthday parties or even baking some pastries for needing families.

No one attended these parties. The children weakly smiled as they devoured the sweets I baked for them and their family, but their eyes frowned. Nothing seemed to take my mind off the sad environment. Suddenly, everything began to feel a little purposeless. I sighed and brought my head into my hooves and sobbed my eyes out.

I think my fight ends here. I have been in this war against sadness for too long. The medication doctors have prescribed for me has lost its druggy effect, and now the barriers around me break as my world crumbles like the pastries I bake. I cry more and scream, hoping someone will see me hurting and reach out to comfort me somehow.

But right now I am all alone. Everyone is indoors.

I wail a bit longer. No one here minds since you always hear crying and screaming from time to time. I begin to shake as the horrid thought of suicide and death spreads in my head. My head begins to throb wildly, and my heart is thumping faster than anything I've ever felt in my life. I keep hearing the same message over and over again. The pure pressure of the message echoes in my skull: Just do it, do it here. Do it now. No one can see. It can be quick, and painless.

I shake my head. I am reluctant to stand up and commit this horrid deed that my mind is commanding me to do. Judgement is trying to sway my opinions and thoughts, it keeps telling me that pretty soon I will die so why not end it all sooner rather than later.

Why not end all this suffering now?

How long has it been since I've seen the sky? What color are the heavens above? How much time had passed since anyone had seen the sun? How blinding are the rays of light? Where is the ball of gas that is supposed to shower this planet in warm light rather than cold darkness?

Everyone here looks pale, and skinny. No one's eaten lately and the food ration has grown smaller and smaller as food begins to spoil in the kitchens of many. The wells and rivers in Ponyville are drying up due to lack of precipitation, and within time everyone will die from fatigue, dehydration, depression or hunger.

I look upwards, changing the topic of death as I squint at one of the lower layers of the atmosphere carefully. A wall of grey clouds is all I see. That is only because the original Ponyville Weather Team all killed themselves over depression and stress, and after that no one had the enthusiasm to even attempt to uncover this hazy, sad scene.

I wrap my two forearms around myself. I do my best to keep myself warm as a cold breeze shakes around me. I silently close my eyes, and allow the border to break as tears stream down my face violently.

A random series of questions pour into my thoughts and I shake. Unable to think of anything else, but the longer I think, the more questions I am left with...

---

Why is everything like this?


Why isn't the world a brighter, warmer, happier place?


How is my family doing? Are they alive and happy, or has the disease already reached my family's rock farm


I squeeze myself tighter and suddenly I feel less alone as I attempt to comfort myself in my own time of need.

---

As I finish crying I dry my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie. I pull the hoodie over my head and stand up from the bench. I depart the depressing scene and head to the usual path that takes me home. As I walk I notice little things such as dry blood on the worn-out sidewalk, there are dozens, maybe hundreds of empty bottles of medication scattered on the dirt roads, and bullets and trash cover the floors of whatever is left of this town


Rather than resorting to death maybe it'd be best to escape before it was too late. I could leave this sad world behind and discover happiness for myself....


I come home and shut the door, I make sure I lock all seven of the locks and place the large book shelf against the frame for extra protection. Sometimes trespassers come by, which forced me to lock the doors, and replaced all the glass windows with wood and pieces of metal.

I grab my childhood saddle bag and look at my room. My bed looks the same, but the sheets are blackened and filthy. A leg on my desk is broken, and my clothing is full of holes from the moths that lived in my wardrobe. I look at my belongings, then at my saddle bag. There is a limited amount of space, so I can only grab a few items. I decide to take my sack of bits and a few photographs. One is of me and the Cakes, Mr. Carrot Cake, and Mrs. Cupcake. The second is of my family and I at the party I threw when I discovered my special talent. I carefully put the objects into a secret pocket and zip it shut. As I lift my bag I hear a loud noise from down stairs. Like, the sound of pots and pans.

I carefully pull out my thick, pointed hunting knife and hold it in my mouth as I exit my room. I continue to hear the sound of pots and pans as I creep in the hallway quietly, then to the staircase. I climb down quietly, as I reach the bottom I take a look into the kitchen and see no one. I then slowly enter and the noise proceeds, I look at the pots and see my pet baby alligator Gummy rummaging in the cabinets.

He must be hungry.

"Are you hungry?" I ask my pet with a gleamy smile. He opens his mouth, blinks, but shakes his head from side to side. Instead he walks to the back door, and stares at it for a while....

I look at him, and it seems like he is interested in something. I grab the key and place it into the lock. Click! I open the door and my pet walks out with me, but I pull him up and cradle him in my safe arms. He wiggles and struggles against my grip until I release him. He walks to the side of the house, and I call out to him, but he doesn't come back.

I look around. No one seems to be out, but just to be safe I lock the door then follow Gummy.

When I arrive my mouth drops, and I can't believe what I am seeing. There is a rainbow-maned mare who has an injured hoof, just lying there hurt. I see Gummy waddling like a duck towards the mare, but I race to get to him before he reached the cyan-colored mare. I grab Gummy and then hear the mare moan, and I jump startled. She is still sleeping so I guess we're both okay.

I ran as quickly as I could and put Gummy on a leash. We both go back inside, and I lock all the doors and fill my bag with as much food and water as I possibly can. After that I nervously pace around trying to comprehend everything that just happened.


There was an injured mare. Nothing new. Only she had a colorful mane...

I decided that since it was getting late I better get to some rest, then Gummy and I can head out before the Triads Group came. They were three stallions that had weapons, food, and strength. I saw them one night as they killed a man, and sexual assaulted his filly friend. They then kept her as a slave, but she wound up getting killed in the end. No one left this town alive because of the three.

I closed my eyes and lay on my sofa. Gummy curled up comfortably beside me and he drifted off to sleep. I tried to get some rest, but no matter what I did I could get that mare out of my mind.

Was it the right choice to leave her?

Should I have helped her?

As I think about her images of the Triads Group getting to her haunt me. I see her scream as they violate her and then toss her aside when she becomes useless to the three of them.

I close my eyes, and finally I am able to sleep, but I awaken again when I hear knocking at my door.

Author's Note:

Inspired by the song "Monster" by Meg & Dia. Dedicated to Dashing, who inspired this entire fic.

Comments ( 23 )

Very good. I look forward to the next chapter. My only request is that you make the chapters a little longer. Asides from that, excellent work good sir.

You most certainly deserve more views.

............

*Clicks Favorite story.* :pinkiehappy:

This is good Crap you got there.:pinkiehappy:

4439505
Thank you, that made my day.

4440744
Nicely done.

This is awesome, man! Can't wait for Chapter 2.

Comment posted by Gamer X deleted Jul 25th, 2014
Comment posted by Gamer X deleted Jul 25th, 2014
Comment posted by Gamer X deleted Jul 25th, 2014

It was really good start, but hope ya write more:raritywink:

4590319
It was cancelled sadly :ajsleepy:

Comment posted by Gamer X deleted Jul 25th, 2014

but no matter what I did, I couldn't get that mare out of my mind.

A little sentence problem plus you were suppose to say couldn't in that sentence.:trixieshiftright:

4705045 Had a sentence problem there Gamer

Comment posted by Gamer X deleted Jul 25th, 2014
Login or register to comment