• Published 24th May 2014
  • 4,560 Views, 49 Comments

Crystal Ballerina - BlueSkyHeadLeft010



What is the meaning of life? For me it means getting a second chance. You wouldn't think that buying a simple Pearl from an old geezer at a gas station would transport you to Equestria right? Wrong. Now I'm stuck here with this Pearl on my

  • ...
13
 49
 4,560

We are the Crystal Gems

"Get off of me!" A black insectiod pony hissed in anger as I held onto its neck for dear life."Off!" It roared in anger as it revealed it's sharp teeth and bit into my leg.

I screamed as I clung on harder while the thing bucked around like a mad bull; but I refused to budge until I knew it was safe.

"You've made a grave mistake angering me." It narrowed it's eyes as it opened it's mouth and a green light started getting brighter and brighter from its throat. "Say good bye human!" It yelled as green fire came rushing out at me as I opened my mouth to-

"Crystal!" Someone shouted as I opened my eyes and jumped in my bed. I was awake, it was just a dream. Relief flooded over me as I wiped off the sweat on my face and turned around to see a very surprised looking Twilight staring at me.

She tilted her head, "Are you ok? You were screaming in your sleep." She asked concerned.

I let out a sigh and nodded, "Yeah, I'm just having nightmarish flashbacks about yesterday. I'll be okay." I said while Twilight still looked at me concerned.

"Are you sure? You can always talk if you want." She reassures me.

I snicker, "You are certainly very kind, but it is my business alone. I will be alright, I just need some more rest." And with that I flopped over in the bed and pulled the covers back on.

"Okay Crystal, but just so you know it's okay to talk to your friends about stuff too." She smiled as she walked back into her bedroom and shut the door.

I cracked open an eye when she left and pondered what she had just said. Friends? Pinkie had said the same thing too. Did these ponies really see everyone as friends so easily?

I grunted and rolled about to make my nest again. It was rather odd how kind and generous these ponies were, but hey maybe I was being narrow minded. Either way, it was making my head spin to think about it this late so I closed my eyes and went back to sleep. Things would be better in the morning, I hoped.
----------------------

"Alright creature! Stay back! I have a broom and I'm not afraid to use it!" A tiny purple dragon, with a heart apron on, said as I awoke to find it looming over me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, annoyed from being woken up, but the dragon didn't even flinch.

"Yea, what are you'd doing in Twilight's house?!" He commanded, and I might've taken him seriously if he wasn't wearing an apron.

"I was sleeping, but I guess I'm not doing that anymore." I replied sarcastically as the dragon just looked at me in disbelief.

"Right, and I'm Princess Celestia." He scoffed.

"You're a girl?!" I exclaimed in fake surprise, and the dragon just turned red.

"No I'm not a- ARGH!" He yelled as he stuck his head out the door for a moment, "Twilight! There's someone in your storage room!" The dragon called downstairs.

Wait, this is a storage room? Well that's odd.

"I know Spike! Tell Crystal that breakfast is ready, would you?" Twilight called from downstairs.

Spike, the dragon just sort of stared at me and went, "Huh, I guess you really are the mystery guest Twilight was talking about. Sorry I was being rude earlier." He blushed in embarrassment as he messed with his tail.

I just smiled back, "That's ok. No harm done. By the way, what's your status with Twilight?" I asked.

Spike blinked, "My status?" He asked confused.

I sighed, "Your title! Like, are you her personal servant or-"

"I'm her assistant!" The little dragon puffed up proudly, totally ignoring what I had just said.

"Oh. Well I'm sure she's very lucky to have you as an assistant." I complimented as I headed downstairs, making clip coop noises all the way. Ehehe, it was still funny that I was disguised as a pony. I don't think I will ever get used to these hooves.
Spike followed me down and showed me where the kitchen was, which Twilight had a table and had pulled up an extra chair for me as I sat down for breakfast.

It wasn't bacon and eggs. I really wished it was, but sadly it was oranges, pears, some grass, and apple juice. Not to say it wasn't good, but it was no means breakfast food to me.

Twilight noticed my disappointment and looked at me like she wished she knew how to cheer me up. The usual conversation followed and then we put up our plates and Twilight turned around and looked at me. "Hey Crystal, last night I spent some time researching about your species and I think I found something." She said as I followed her from the kitchen to the library.

She used her magic to hold an open book that was on the small table in the center of the room and magically turned the pages.

"This is Alphabet Category's book on 'The Origin of Equestrian Species' and it goes into detail about many of the animals you can find in Equestria." She explained as she stopped flipping pages with her magic and settled one one page as she walked next to me. "This here describes a species called 'Hoo-manes' and over here they provide a pretty detailed illustration of what these creatures look like." She then showed me the image, which appeared to be hastily drawn, like the artist was in a hurry, but showed the creature standing on two hooves with claw like appendages and fangs jutting out of its mouth while everything but it's head was hairless.

She smiled weakly, "I won't go into the myths surrounding Hoo-manes since you can probably provide a better explanation than the book can, but what I noticed when I was reading was that there was a sub section on Hoo-manes entitled 'Crystal gems', and I found it curious since you called yourself Crystal Gem, Crystal".

This caught my intrest as I stared at her, "Crystal gems? What are those?" I asked confused.

Twilight nodded and flipped the page with her magic, "It doesn't say much. Other than that Starswirl the Bearded has done extensive research on them in the past, and that they are a more 'sparkly' variety of Hoo-manes with gemstones attached to them in various places. They seemed to describe you more than a normal Hoo-mane, but I'll have to go to the Canterlot library to do more extensive research." She sighed, but then looked up at me excitedly. "Anyways! I was wondering if it would be alright if I told my mentor Princess Celestia about you since she's thousands of years old, and then we could crack down on this mystery faster, yes?!" She squeed.

I blinked, "Who is Princess Celestia? Spike mentioned something about her earlier, but she must be really important." I noted.

Twilight nodded, "Indeed. She's very; but I think it would be better if you met her yourself. But is it okay if I go ahead and ask her for a meeting with us so we can figure this all out?" She asked politely.

I shrugged, "sure. Whatever floats your boat and helps me get home faster." I scoffed to which twilight squeed and jumped up and down as she asked Spike to take a letter....