• Published 24th May 2014
  • 1,827 Views, 99 Comments

CMC: The Third Generation - Rose Quartz



It's the third generation of the Cutie Mark Crusaders

  • ...
14
 99
 1,827

Ch.16 Acadecathalon

The next day at school, Dinky said she had an important announcement. So all the students sat in their seats.

"Ok kids I have some good news", announced Dinky "This weekend is the school's Acadecathalon"

"What's an Acadecathalon?", asked Orion raising his hoof

"The Acadecathalon is an event where two schools battle eachother in mathematics, science, literature, and history", explained Dinky "The sign up sheet is on the back of the building. Now let's start our lesson"

Dinky started her lesson. A couple hours later, the lunch bell rang. And all the foals ran out.

"Hey guys I think we should sign up for the Acadecathalon", suggested Meteor Blitz

"Sounds kinda boring", said Gem

"C'mon you guys", said Blitz "Im sure it'll be fun"

"But only four ponies can compete", said John "And besides were going up against Canterlot Academy"

"Do you know how smart that school is?", asked Buck

"But its worth a try", said Blitz "Besides maybe we'll get a cutie mark along the way. So who's in?"

"Im in", said Sugar

"Me too", added Orion

"As am I", added Aria

"Great", said Blitz

"What can the rest of us do?", asked Pixel

"You guys can be...cheerleaders", said Blitz

"Cheerleaders?" asked Zap Bolt

"Yeah, Cutie Mark Crusaders cheerleaders", explained Blitz

"Well, I guess a cheerleading cutie mark would look cute", said Gem

"Oh Gem can you make us some t-shirts for our team?", asked Blitz

"Of course", replied Gem "I'll get on it right now"

Gem started walking to the boutique. Then the rest of the crusaders started walking to the friendship castle (Twilight's new home).

"Oh hey Orion", greeted Twilight "How's school?"

"It was great", replied Orion "A couple of the crusaders and I are signing up for the Acadecathalon"

"Thats great. Did you know Im hosting it?", asked Twilight

"Thats cool", said Orion "Is it cool if we study in the library?"

"Go ahead", replied Twilight

"You guys go ahead", said Zap "The rest of us are gonna work on our cheer routine"

Zap, Cortland, Buck, and Pixel went outside. The rest of the crusaders went up to the library. They were studying for a couple hours until Twilight called them.

"Hey kids why don't you take a break", said Twilight "I made snacks"

The crusaders walked into the kitchen. A couple minutes later, Gem walked in holding a box with her magic.

"I've finished the t-shirts", said Gem holding one up

The shirt was bright yellow. Ponyville Crusaders was written on the back.

"Wow Gem these shirts are great", complimented Twilight

"Thanks Aunt Twilight", replied Gem "I even made cute cheerleading outfits for colts and fillies"

Gem levitated a couple of yellow cheerleading outfits.

"GO CRUSADERS", cheered Gem

Blitz, Orion, Sugar, and Aria have been studying for the past couple days while the other crusaders were working on their cheer routine. Then it was finally the day of the Acadecathalon. Everypony in Ponyville wore the shirts Gem made. The cheerleaders had pom poms and megaphones.

"Good evening everypony and welcome to the 26th annual Acadecathalon. Im your host Princess Twilight Sparkle", announced Twilight "Now let's meet the team. Give it up for our home team The Ponyville Crusaders and the members Meteor Blitz, Sugar Sweets, Aria, and Orion"

Everypony from Ponyville cheered as the crusaders walked to the panel.

"GO CRUSADERS", cheered the cheerleader crusaders

"And give it up for our away team, The Canterlot Academy Royals and the members Posh Print, Silken Glove, Ruby Slipper, and Rising Star", announced Twilight

Everypony from Canterlot started to cheer.

"Now lets get started", said Twilight "First to answer the question will be Meteor Blitz from Ponyville and Posh Print from Canterlot", announced Twilight

Blitz and Posh walked up to the answering podium. Posh is a dark green unicorn colt with a black mane with glasses. His cutie mark was a quill of ink.

"Ok this question is about history. In the 1950's what was the name of the seperation between ponies and zebras?", asked Twilight

Blitz buzzed his buzzer.

"Segregation", answered Blitz

"Correct", replied Twilightas the two foals walking back to their team podiums "The first point goes to Ponyville"

"YAY PONYVILLE", cheered the cheerleaders

"The next ponies to answer are Sugar Sweets and Silken Glove", announced Twilight

Sugar and Silk walked up to the answering podium. Silken Glove is a white pegasus with a baby blue mane with a glove as her cutie mark.

"This question is about science. What is the name of the survival skill animals use to use their body parts against predators?"

Sugar buzzed her buzzer.

"Chemical weaponary", answered Sugar

"Incorrect", said Twilight "Silk?"

"Autonomy", answered Silk

"Correct", answered Twilight "Point one for Canterlot"

While Sugar and Silk were walking back, Ruby Slipper and Rising Star started to talking. Ruby Slipper is a red earth pony filly with a maroon mane with a pink high heal as her cutie mark. Rising Star is a dark brown earth pony colt with a light brown mane and a rising star as his cutie mark.

"I think she might be brain damaged", said Ruby

"You can tell by the eyes", replied Star

Sugar heard what they said, and started to get offended.

"Don't listen to them", said Blitz "Your not brain damaged"

"Thanks", replied Sugar "I can see why Royal Jewel was about to go to that school"

"You know, you have very pretty eyes", complimented Blitz blushing

Sugar started to blush. After an hour of asking and answering questions, Ponyville and Canterlot were tied.

"Ok final round", announced Twilight "Both teams are tied with 20 points"

"GO PONYVILLE CRUSADERS WOO-HOO", cheered the cheerleaders

"Ok this final question goes to Meteor Blitz and Rising Star", announced Twilight

"Be careful dude", said Orion "Rising Star is really smart"

"Don't worry, I got this", assured Blitz walking up to the answering podium

"Huh, thats what my mom always says", said Aria

"Ok this question is about literature", announced Twilight "In the famous Winnium Shakesphere (William Shakesphere) play Romeo and Juliet, what is the name of the two feuding families?"

Star buzzed his buzzer.

"The Montigues and The Hathaways", answered Star

"Incorrect", replied Twilight "Hathaway was the name of Shakesphere's wife. Meteor Blitz?"

"The Montigues and The Capulets", answered Blitz

"Your answer…IS CORRECT", replied Twilight "THE PONYVILLE CRUSADERS WIN THE ACADECATHALON"

Everypony started to cheer.

"YAY PONYVILLE", cheered the crusaders

"Blitz check it out!", said Sugar pointing at his flank

Blitz looked down and saw that he earned his cutie mark. It was a meteor.

"I GOT MY CUTIE MARK", cheered Blitz "Who knew being smart was my talent?"

"We kinda all did", said Pixel

The crusaders nodded in agreement.

"C'mon you guys", said Orion "Lets go to the clubhouse to celebrate"

"Celebrate what? Winning the Acadecathalon or my cutie mark?", asked Blitz

"Both", replied Gem

They headed to the clubhouse to celebrate.