• Published 26th May 2014
  • 8,684 Views, 239 Comments

Summoning the King of Monsters! - Krazy Stargazer



What happens when The King of Monsters meets the residents of Equestria?

  • ...
17
 239
 8,684

The Crown's we Wear

Luckily the group; consisting of Godzilla, Spike, Twilight, Trixie and a comatose Derpy Hooves, were able to make it to the Castle of Friendship without much incident, it was pretty late after all. What few night-owls were around hardly paid the group any attention. The gates to the enormous castle opened with a glow of Twilight's horn and the party entered the castle exhaling a deep breath of relief. The group arrived at the Castle to see the worried Apple Siblings and CMC waiting for them. It finally felt like the insanity of the night was finally calming down. After making sure everypony was alive and in one piece there was one overwhelming question was on everyponies mind. Who and What was Godzilla?

"I'm glad everypony is safe and sound but I just got to know one thing. What exactly are you?" Spike asked Godzilla quizzically "I've never seen any creature do what you did in the forest."

"I always reckoned he was a dragon...like you Spike?" Applejack inquiried. Spike shook his head and clarified.

"I've never seen a dragon do the things this guy can do. At least not in the same way he can."

Godzilla, whom had been leaning against a pillar, cleared his throat and spoke "Look. I've explained this many times. I have many names and titles. Most know me as Godzilla and I come from a different world than yours. I have no idea how or why I am here. When I was transported here I got into...lets say a disagreement with one of the locals. The equine known as Applejack helped me to beat back my aggressor."

"Yup, the big oaf got himself into a fight with a Chimera!" Applejack chuckled in confirmation, "It was a good thing I was nearby and had my flame repellent gear with me or you would have been toast."

Godzilla huffed at the accusation but stayed his tongue for the moment.

"That's when you brought him back to the farm right sis?" Applebloom chimed in.

"Yup, he stayed the night and we bandaged him all up. I went out to go talk with Twilight after that. Then next thing I know he's missing!"

"We heard he was missing when we came back to the farm and it was in shambles...oh no we have so many chores to do!" Applebloom cried in dismay and realization. Scootaloo and Sweetie cringed at the thought of the workload ahead of them, they had promised to help after all.

"Well, he wasn't a very good farm-hand. The scaly critter was a walking calamity waiting to happen." Big Macintosh said glaring at Godzilla. Godzilla growled in response at the stallion.

"Well, maybe I was trying to be hospitable equine. It isn't my fault your dwellings are so fragile."

"That reminds me! Big Mac, you let a guest try to do our chores?" Applejack accused, "Darn it, Big Mac you know how hard farm work can be to a pony who ain't use to it! No wonder he ran off."

Godzilla shrunk at the accusation and mumbled something about not "running off" but "clearing his head". While, Big Macintosh cringed at the accusation from his sister; both pony and kaiju thoroughly embarrassed.

"So what exactly were you doing in the Everfree Forrest then, Mr. Godzilla?" Scootaloo asked, genuinely curious as to why any sane being would wander in there without a good reason.

Godzilla shrugged, "I needed a place to clear my head. The forest seemed like the place to do it."

"But the forest has all kinds of creatures and monsters!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed in shock "Going in there all alone is super dangerous!"

Godzilla smiled a toothy grin "Dangerous for an equine perhaps. For one such as myself, such a place is as dangerous as a leisurely stroll on a sunny day."

"Woah even the Timberwolves and the Hydra!?" Scootaloo exclaimed in astonishment.

"Uh...perhaps those creatures were a bit trickier to manage than I initially expected, but rest assured they are no match compared to me," the King of Monsters said proudly.

"Well, I mean the CMC told me you had help with the Timberwolf fight. As for the Hydra; I think Twilight, the Apples, myself and even Trixie helped out A LOT in that battle." Spike mentioned critically.

Godzilla was stunned for a moment but quickly regained his composure, "Perhaps, but the last blow was dealt by me!"

"You know...I think that you may be a bit prideful when it comes to getting in fights and needing other ponies for help" Applejack observed with a grin.

"Well, I did most of the work in each of those battles. It's only right that I get most of the credit!"

"Calm down sugar cube, I'm only teasing is all," Applejack said lightly chuckling.

"Yea? Well, good" Godzilla huffed. This got a chuckle from the CMC, and even Big Macintosh smiled at seeing the big lizard taken down a peg or two.

Twilight, meanwhile considered everything said and finally saw the pieces coming together. The one thing she was skeptical about was just where Godzilla came from and why Trixie was so dead set on capturing him. However, as she glanced as the golden shackles around Godzilla's wrists, she had a hypothesis in mind.

"Well, this does explain somethings. I believe that it is getting late. Big Macintosh could you please direct the CMC to a guest bedroom you can stay the night too if you want." Big Mac nodded and lead the CMC to a guest room for the night. Thus leaving Godzilla, Spike, Twilight, Trixie, Dittsy, and Applejack left in the main room. Yet, with the CMC out of the room, the atmosphere immediately changed.

Twilight then turned her attention to Trixie, who had been mostly silent after the hydra attack.

"So, Trixie is there something you wanted to say? You've been unusually quiet." The Alicorn said with her usual decorum but with a hint of knowing in her words.

Trixie didn't utter a word, she was still cradling her friend in her arms. The proud show mare was bitterly weeping. Weeping about how things went so very wrong. She wept over how her dreams of glory and grandeur nearly cost her best friend her life; how her best-friend was saved by a monster, and how this all started with her own greed and pride.

"Yea, Trixie you okay?" Spike asked sympathetically.

Applejack, on the other hand, regarded the unicorn with a skeptical look, honestly, she had never thought the showboating unicorn was even capable of tears. Then again, Applejack had been considering why Trixie was even here to begin with.

"So why in Equestria are you even here Trixie? You've always been a rude, showoff but why'd ya muzzle Godzilla back in the forest? What's he ever done to you?"

Trixie shot the Earth pony a hateful look, through her tears, "He's a monster, he's...my monster."

"Stop with the riddles Trixie what are ya talking about?"

Twilight spoke up, "Trixie I have a theory. About why you are in Ponyville, about why you and Godzilla seemed to be drawn to one another, about why your so desperate to get him back."

Trixie's eyes widened in terror, and her own breath caught in her throat.

"I suspect that Godzilla is a product of a powerful summoning spell. One meant to capture a creature and bend it to the will of the summoner. A spell that can make even the most ferocious and fierce creatures docile and obedient to their owner..."

Trixie was beginning to hyperventilate, this was everything she feared.

"Godzilla has bracelets on his wrists, but back when he was fighting the Hydra and Ditsy Do's life was in danger, the bracelets fell off. Almost as if a magical condition had been met."

Applejack and Spike's eyes widened at the implication. They glared at the blue unicorn, one with a look of pure spite the other with a look of pure pity.

"Then there was your behavior and paranoia around Godzilla. Almost as if you had encountered him before, however that should have been impossible. According to his own testimony, he was otherwise occupied, and never had time to met you. At least not physically. Yet, you seem to know all about him. You even seem to know that he has the potential to get much larger and stronger than his current form."

Godzilla looked at his bracelets and then the unicorn. Suddenly, he realized why he felt so weak when she conjured those chains around him. More importantly, he realized why he felt so liberated during the final moments of the hydra attack. He realized why he only got even the smallest portions of his true power at the unicorn's beckoning. Rage began to fill him, he growled in furry. Yet, Twilight wasn't done.

"You Trixie Lulamoon summoned Godzilla here against his will with the intent to dominate his mind and make him your own personal servant. You tapped into powerful forbidden magic and summoned a creature beyond your power and then panicked and tried to catch him when your spell didn't work. In other words, everything that has happened is because of your summoning spell!"

"All Right It's True! All of it!" Trixie cried out in anguish, "I tried summoning a great and powerful monster. I was going to display it on my show! But then the spell latched on to that...that THING! I sensed his mind, the unbridled power he had and I've been trying to catch him ever since! I swear I was trying to set things right!".

"Why you no good, self-serving, varmint!" Applejack couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had known the unicorn was bad news but this was just a new kind of low.

"Trixie that's...that's..." Spike was at a loss for words.

Godzilla was furious beyond words, his dorsal plates were flashing, his breath was fuming, his eyes glowing, and he was just minutes away from vaporizing the unicorn where she stood.

"You did this! You bought me here! As...as a show prop! As an amusement! You wanted to enslave me for a show!?! Everything that I've been through for these past days, have been because of you?!!"

Trixie said nothing. She knew she couldn't justify her actions. She had desperately hoped that she could escape the ramifications of her mistake but now it was all coming down upon her. Her mortal enemy Twilight Sparkle now knew just how badly she messed up. A ton of ponies' very lives was put in jeopardy. Even worst her friend was nearly killed because of her actions, the only pony in the world who believed in her.

So the unicorn wept and waited for the punishment to her actions but it never came. She didn't get turned to stone by the princess, Godzilla didn't end up vaporizing her, not even Applejack had struck her.

"Trixie you really messed up. Ponies could have gotten hurt. Not, to mention taking a creature out of the natural habitat to serve your own ends. However, you did seek me out. You did try to fix things. If you simply came clean a lot of chaos could have been avoided. I hope you reflect on this..."

Trixie was in shock "You're, you're forgiving me?"

Twilight gave Trixie a stern, no-nonsense look "No, you will make up for what you have done. For now, though I think we have all been through enough for one night. There is a guest room for yourself and Ditsy Doo. Make sure she's okay. We will talk more about a suitable punishment soon."

The show mare gave an audible gulp in fear but complied, she griped her friend and trotted for the room.

Twilight then turned toward Godzilla who was still partially fuming with anger, but calming down, "Thank you for sparing her. If you did attack I would have had to intervene and giving your showing in the Everfree....I doubt it would have been an easy fight."

"I've been filled with so much anger and confusion since coming here. I've destroyed creatures for far less than her transgressions, and yet..." he said looking at his bracelets.

"I've never seen the world from this angle before. When I fought the hydra she begged me not to save her own life, but her friend. Even now she cradles her friend like a newborn. The equine has much to answer for, but to slay her now is not the way...."

"Next time I see her I swear I might give her a good pummeling!" Applejack admitted gruffly.

"Come on AJ you don't mean that..." said Spike.

"Yup, I totally do. I'm the Element of Honesty remember?" The farm pony reminded him.

"Oh yea right" Spike said sheepishly, he then turned his attention to Twilight "So, what are we going to do now?"

Twilight let out a sigh "Trixie's got herself into quite a mess and now, we are all involved one way or another. Applejack would it be okay if Mr. Godzilla stayed here for the time being I know he was your guest and all but..."

"It's fine sugar cube. Probably for the best for now considering all the work we're gonna have to do around the farm. As long as Godzilla doesn't mind."

The kaiju shrugged "I don't particularly care either way. I can dwell just about anywhere. Even in the crushing depths of the ocean or the burning lava pits of a volcano."

This caught Spike's attention "Oh cool, I love a good lava bath treatment myself!"

Godzilla tussled the young dragon's head, like one would a younger sibling, "That's good, it keeps the scales nice and pristine."

"So you don't mind staying here?" Twilight reiterated.

"I shall stay here for the time being while it is convenient. At least until I find a way home" Godzilla said.

"Well, that's actually why I would like you to stay here. It would make it a lot easier to find a way to send you home if you were close by."

Godzilla's interest was peeked "You can send me home?"

"Yes, it will be tricky to undo Trixie's spell, and find your exact home" Twilight said cautiously, "However I do have some practice with portals to other worlds and with time I think I can find your homeworld."

Godzilla was slightly amazed, he was beginning to think that he was stranded in the land of ponies, but now he had a chance at returning home. He was so stunned that he just nodded and gave a slight bow, "That would be...very nice of you equine."

The Princess of Friendship gave him a smile in return. After all, it was her job as Princess of Friendship to solve friendship problems, and helping a stranger find his way home definitely qualified as a "friendship" problem.

"Come on AJ it's getting late. Sweet Apple Acre's will still be there in the morning." Spike said motioning for Applejack to follow him. Applejack let out a yawn, for it had been a long day, and followed him to her specific "element of harmony" quarters. This left Godzilla and Twilight left alone to contemplate.

"I'll lead you to your quarters than... " Twilight begin before Godzilla interrupted.

"You handled yourself pretty well out there kid" The King of Kaiju complemented. Twilight did a double-take.

"Uhm thank you? I do try my best after all..."

Godzilla continued "You're young, unaccustomed to leadership. I can tell. However, in the forest, you took charge and gave marching orders very well, but you're still new to this aren't you?"

Twilight looked at the strange creature before her. He was an enigma to be sure, but she couldn't deny that he had a point.

"I only became an alicorn a short while ago, I've been a Princess for an even shorter amount of time..."

Godzilla made a motioning gesture with his hands urging her to continue, almost as if he could tell the young alicorn needed to get this of her chest.

"I was a student at first. I wanted to know so much about the world. Then I became a friend, I learned the value of friendship. Me and my friends have been on all sorts of adventures, battled all sorts of monsters. The next thing I knew my mentor helped me to "ascend" to alicornhood, and with that came the promise of becoming a Princess. It all happened so fast. Deep down I don't feel all that important... I still feel like little ol Twilight, the student, the librarian. So many ponies count on me now and I don't want to let any of them down."

Godzilla stared at Twilight with a look of deep contemplation, and in spite of herself she was really anticipating his answer. Finally, he spoke.

"It sounds like you are unsure of your power. Don't be. The power you've gained is a part of you, though not all of you. Remember why you fight and you will never be lead astray."

Twilight wasn't quite sure what to make of the kaiju's advice at first. She pondered it for a time before she heard him chuckling. She frowned and turned toward him and he elaborated.

"I can also tell that you think a lot. You're obviously very clever, and I saw your confidence in the forest. I also saw you take charge and responsibility for the actions of one of your own. It's been a while since I've seen someone so reluctant to wield power, but so naturally gifted."

"Is that a bad thing?" Twilight said slightly nervous about his answer. However, the King of Monsters shook his head.

"It is not a bad thing. There are several different ways to "rule". Some rule through fear, some through cleverness and deception. Then there are those like you. You are stronger than you know, young Twilight. Follow your instincts, believe in your abilities and you will find your own strength."

Twilight wasn't sure how to respond. Godzilla, however, found something else worth his attention. He walked over to one of the fountains, circled twice like a puppy, then began to slumber. Twilight blinked at the strange sight but decided that if he was comfortable there was no use in waking him up. After all the strangeness of this night she honestly just wanted to rest a bit. She trotted to her own quarters, where her assistant was waiting for her.

"Made sure everypony was good for the night. The CMC and the Apples are all in snoozeland. Trixie is still waiting by Ditsy Do's bedside. So all that's left is our guest and you.

She smiled at her "number one" assistant, "Diligent as ever I see, and yes our guest is also sleeping. Today has been quite a day. We will have a lot to sort out tomorrow, Spike."

Spike nodded "Yea definitely, but that's tomorrow Twilight's problem, right now we sleep."

With that the alicorn let out a yawn, bid her assistant goodnight and drifted off to sleep.

Spike however wasn't asleep just yet. For you see, as he was checking up on everypony he had received a letter from the Royal Sisters. Even more curious it was marked as "Urgent". Spike groaned, Twilight had already been through enough today the last thing she needed was more stress. Now under normal circumstances he would have rushed to deliver the message, but he also knew that Twilight was a workaholic and wouldn't rest until everything was sorted and settled. So when Twilight entered the bedroom he decided that whatever the Princesses were dealing with could wait till the morning.

He fiddled with the unopened scroll "Future Twilight's problem...maybe. But it's Past, Present and Future Spike's responsibility to make sure Twilight is okay. She needs a good rest after her crazy day today. Tomorrow we'll deal with whatever the Princess have cooked for us. Till then, good night Twilight."

~~~~~~
Meanwhile in the Ghastly Gorge
~~~~~~

A gigantic shadow looms over the Gorge like a bird of prey. Before narrowing down on a promising landing patch. The gigantic figure reviles an impossibly large reptilian monster! The monster monitors its surroundings while in thought. The one known as "Typhon the Terrible" contemplated his little quest.

He was nearing his target, that much he could tell. The offending presence that awoke him from his slumber was nearing. However, he was skeptical about the information the pony told him. The presence of these supposed Alicorn's hadn't disturbed his slumber for all these years. He wondered why the youngest of their brood, the one named Twilight Sparkle, was the one to awaken him. Yet, while he was curious he decided that the reason was not all that important. He would destroy the offending creature. After that Typhon decided he would obliterate this puny pony society in its totality with fire and brimstone!

The Tyrant smirked at the thought. However, his maniacal mechanization's were interrupted by a creature whom, ironically, had disturbed from its own slumber. The slithering creature had been eyeing the intruder with venomous intent, then in a flash it struck!

Typhon was beseeched by a gigantic Tazzleworm! The creature was impossibly large! Nearly as large as the Gastly George itself. It launched itself from its lair to strangle the dragon to death. Typhon was not amused, he wrestled the creature, trying to pry it from his body. However, the creature held a vice-like grip on him. He growled in irritation, then noticed that some of it's body was still in the crevice of the gorge. A sinister smile emerged as he realized only a small portion of the creature was actually above ground, while the rest of the creature's body was hiding safely underground, however, he knew just how to flush it out.

The mighty titan took a deep breath, and exhaled his fiery furry into one of the ground crevices. The fiery breath blasted out every orifice of the canyon vaporizing anything in its blazing path. This included the tazzleworm which had the majority of it's body vaporized in the ensuing blast and instantly went limp, releasing the Terrible tyrant from his annoying pursuer.

Typhon tossed the dead creature to the side and grinned in victory. He was the mightiest creature in all the land and he was going to make sure it stayed that way. Even if he had to scorch everything and everyone to prove it.

Author's Note:

Just a reminder in terms of the timeline. This story takes place shortly after the battle with Tirek. So while they have the Castle of Friendship the main cast haven't encountered Starlight yet. :raritywink:

~~~~~~

So this chapter is a bit of a wind down from the "Everfree Arc" :ajsmug:
Trixie finally comes clean and she's in a world of trouble. Ditsy Do/Derpy Hooves is still in a coma sadly :derpyderp1:

The CMC are safe! Huzzah! Looks like the Apple siblings are still on shaky ground though :ajbemused:.

I wanted to give Twilight a moment with Goiji. At this time Twilight would still be rather new to leadership and unsure of herself, but I wanted Goiji to give his two cents.

Typhon nears ever closer to his target. I debated weather or not to have him "attack" another town but I decided that his threat of eliminating all of Equestira is a strong enough threat. Besides too much carnage can be a bit of a downer :twilightoops:

I suppose I should elaborate who or what Typhon is in my little story? Well he is a Dragon but taken to the next level. Before Equestria's founding and when monsters were plentiful Typhon was born into a harsh world. To survive he became the "Terrible Tyrant". Fortunately, after a time he decided to slumber with his misbegotten wealth. Now after millennia he has awoken once again!