• Published 1st Nov 2011
  • 13,015 Views, 951 Comments

Stories in Stone, Luna's Royal Guard. - TDR



The Gardens of Canterlot contain more than their fair share of stories. And more creatures than just Discord.

  • ...
49
 951
 13,015

PreviousChapters Next
Flakes of Obsidian

Stories in Stone
Luna's Royal Guard.
By TDR



Flakes of Obsidian

“She threw me out Spike. Just shoved me right out the door when I came to offer help.”

“Uh huh...”

“I mean we even rushed through the reports report just so I could go over an help her with the Cake's foals. “

“Yeah I know Twilight you've been going on about this for an hour now. You think you might have said something to her that she too offense to. “

“I went in and said I would help her babysit. I mean she had a diaper on her head when I trotted in Spike.”

“Think she might have been wearing it just to entertain the foals?”

“With her its hard to tell, I mean Pinkies so random there’s no way she could be responsible enough to take care of them.”

“And that right there is likely why she pushed you out.”

“What?”

“You don't believe she can be responsible enough to take care of them because of how you see her. There's a lot more to Pinkie Pie than every pony seems to think.”

“And how would you know that Spike?”

“Who do you think I hang out with most of the time when I go out? Rarity is usually busy and the last time I tried to deal with Scootaloo, Sweetiebelle and Applebloom they tried to get dragon slayer cutie marks. And let me tell you, those were some really bad jokes. Not even close to slaying me.”

“That I did not know.”

“I didn't figure you did, most ponies just see her as the goofy party pony..”

“And how did you manage to get so smart all the sudden?”

“Heh, I was raised by a very smart mare who occasionally does stupid things.”

“Fine.... I'll go over and apologize to her, tomorrow, I doubt she would want anything more to do with me tonight.”

“Most likely, I would not worry too much though, Pinkie does tend to forgive fairly quickly.”

“Say Spike do you know what shes watching over?”

“No, and I know better to ask, though it seems what ever it was I managed to steal it when I lost control a while back. I still feel bad about that. “

“Seems the one who raised you isn't the only one who does dumb things.”

“Yeah, yeah. So are you going to stand around moping all night, or use the time to finish up with that blade? That thing still creeps me out.”

“Sounds like a plan, its not like I have anything else to do tonight. You just going to sit there and read?”

“Yup, picked up this new book.”

“Oh Whats it called?”

“The Argonion maid.”

“Not heard of that one, I might have to borrow it later.”

“Not sure you would like it. It's high fantasy fiction. I know you prefer books that let you learn something.”

“Not always, but any way I should start. I did leave off in a rather interesting spot. “


Twilight leaves Spike to his book, wondering why he suddenly had interest in reading, and a book she had never heard of either. No matter, it was nice to see him reading and he was right about Pinkie, she felt rather bad about how she reacted now and really needed to remember to apologize. Twilight sighs , casting the spell, it had gotten much easier lately , she did not even have to go back to check the scroll any more. She opens her eyes once again drifting in the space between the windows and her body. She shifts her gaze around the expanse of stars. Nothing had changed, nothing was explained, though the golden star had returned with the other five in the distance they still had not moved or done anything. She shakes her head turning to the windows and slipping into the closest.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I really do not think this is a good idea Princess. We are in no shape to continue this quest.”

The soft creak of wagon wheels punctuates Rhede's words as he hobbles along hitched to it. Velkorn trots beside of him keeping an eye on the bandages along his back and side. When he was thrown into the bulkhead as the ship landed he had crashed into Doctor Tofu's surgery kit, Velkorn and the doctor had spent the better part on an hour pulling the steel instruments from his back and shoulders. Velkorn had not received any injury’s and the doctor only had a bump on his head when he fell off the bed.

Starfall trudged beside the cart half asleep her wings twitching a bit as she drug along occasionally glancing at the cart or up at Princess Luna at the lead of the sad little party. Luna herself marched ahead of them still wearing the bone armor, her normal hair fluttering down her back, power not having returned enough to even muster the energy to remove the helm. Bleu had been up for three days straight after their escape and had been tearing around like a foal on a sugar rush, finally right before they were to leave the ship simply fell over asleep. It had been more than a day already and she had still not woken up.

The problem that weighed heaviest on their minds however was the pony under the blanket in the back of the cart. He had woken up the following day after they had arrived at the Hooper sea. And the only reason they knew he had woken up was because his eyes were open. He did not respond to anything said to him or to anything done to him. Both Doctor Tofu and Velkorn could find nothing physically wrong with him. The only reactions they got from him was when Rhede being sarcastic shouted an order while talking like a drill sergeant, and Jer'rahd complied. The other reaction was when they finally got him out of the sick bay and were taking him to shore he suddenly freaked out and took off running across the plains away from the ship. Starfall flew after him and found he simply stopped and sat down once he was out of site of the ship. She tried bringing him back finding he would only get within sight of the ship before turning to run again.

Where ever Jer'rahd was, it was not in his head. They were still not entirely certain what had triggered his freak out in Neighlantis, or what had caused him to flee the ship, but Velkorn was ready to knock him out if it happened again.

The Princess Bride was in bad shape. The teleportation and crash landing on the waters surface had ruptured steam pipes and cracked the hull in multiple places. Only due to Scot and the engineering team were they even to make it to shore at all. Captain Foam opted to run the ship aground on the beach to prevent her sinking. Waiting for high tide the great ship was run aground and braced up with so as not to fall over when the tide went out. Contact was made with a small village nearby to trade for supplies and send a message to Canterlot. Rhede came though unexpectedly by paying for most of the repairs with items he had taken from Neighlantis while looking for the others. There was a bit of worry about Aqua following them before Luna informed the crew that The Great Hooper Sea was not connected to the oceans at all, though it was large enough that once the ship was repaired a trade route could easily be set up with the villages along the shores.


Likely the group could have stayed to help more, but Luna was insistent they continue the mission as they were running out of time. Evidently they were much closer to the buffalo lands here, and she had hope that one of their healers might be able to do something for Jer'rahd. Rhede was not so optimistic, of course he was also blaming himself for their current state no matter what the others told him.


“Are you going to start this argument again Pelt? I hope you have thought of something new because hearing the same whining for the last day and a half of travel is getting old.”

“Its not whining. If I was whining it would be higher pitched and less comprehensible, I am complaining.”

“You're bitching.”

“Thank you Starfall that is such a better term then what I was using.”

“Happy to help expand your vocabulary Rhede.”

“Seriously though Jer'rahd is, hells more than that, none of us are in any shape to continue. We should return to Canterlot, get ourselves sorted or at least healed before continuing. I'm hurt, your powers are gone, Starfall's still recovering from a mind screw, Jer's a mess, and I don't even know what the heck is wrong with Bleu.”

“The dragonling overdosed on power, though her acts defended that tower.”

“Great so now we have a overdose case as well.”

“Honestly Pelt, it is not like you to be this moody. Are you still beating yourself up over what happened.”

This comment brought a impressive string of expletives from the earth pony coupled with the same thing he had been yelling at himself about since they had found out about Jer'rahd's condition.

“He was right there, RIGHT THERE, and I could have freed him. Right there in front of me, I was in the same room, I had my hoof on the strap to let him up.”

“And he stopped you and told you to find us. If you had not done that, the servant and those guards would have stopped us there. Because you did leave him we all managed to escape. The General is not powerless, even when unarmed, but even he would not have stood up as well against so many, and he is not the sneaky type, he would have been a hindrance to you if he came along.”

“Does it look like he really escaped?”

“Rhede if you continue this I will have Velkorn knock you out and I will pull the cart. With your injuries you should not be doing that any way.”

“I'll be fine.”

“Then shut up.”

The group continues on the only sounds, the fall of hooves,the creek of the wheels, and the snores of a small dragon.

=================================================

As the sun was setting they finally came across signs of the buffalo herd. Massive sections of trampled grass and small scrubs left a clearly visible trail towards a the start of a mountain range at the edge of the plains. Small plumes of smoke rose in the distance from what might be a village of strange triangle shaped buildings. The ground around them started to become more rocky as they traveled hills and rises dotting the area.



“I gather that’s the place Princess?”

“It is, at least for this time of the year. The Buffalo are nomadic with the seasons being how they tell where to go next. Finding them sometimes is the hardest part of making contact.”

“That is because we do not like visitors in our lands ponies.”

Luna turns looking up at a large form on a rise nearby. The sun was setting behind the figure masking his features though with his size and outline, it was quit clear he was a buffalo. Several other shapes of the same size and a bit larger moved up to stand next to him looking down at the group. Luna counted at least ten forms visible.

“You should leave now while my mood is still good strangers. You are not welcome here.”

“I have come to speak with General Three Bear.”

“Chief Three Bear has nothing to say to you mare. Begone.”

The lead buffalo seemed content with what he said but there was a bit of muttering behind him from the others. Another voice spoke up this one female, the lead shadow whirled around looking at the one behind him who spoke.

“And for what purpose do you seek him?”

“Many reasons the foremost being the safety of your lands and Equestria as a whole. Inform him Princess Luna is here to speak with him.”

That got even more hushed whispers from the figures on the ridge. The female voice spoke again.

“Coyote run and tell the chief what she said. “

One of the Buffalo nods darting off with a thundering of hooves across the plains towards the camp.

“And what happened to following what I say Mesa?”

“I said you could lead the hunt unless you were going to do something stupid. If this is the Princess of ponies, doing anything other than what she says would be stupid Proud Tail.”

“It is some mare dressed in bones, she leads a group of injured and a zebra.”

“There is also another pony under the blanket in the back, along with a thunder lizard. You still miss the details young one. Her cutie mark is shown and it is the same as the mark we know belongs to the Princess of battle. Her manner of dress and the state of her companions mean little in the face of this, though if they are in this bad of shape something must have happened.”

“All the more reason we should just drive them off while they are weaAHHhh!!””

The Buffalo might have continued the rant, but a sudden head butt sent him back over the edge of the ridge to crash into a heap on the ground before the group. The large buffalo gets up and starts shouting curses at the figure on the ridge as the others who were with him start snickering.

“Watch your tongue Proudtail. You may be son of the Chief, but I will not stand for that sort of language on on of my hunts.”

The male was clearly young, his horns were little more than nubs and his features lacked the craggy solid nature of other males of his kind. Even with his young age he still dwarfed the ponies. The female that leaped down after him, and had thrown him off the edge, was much thinner with only small horns herself, though she seemed a great deal older than the one who had crash landed. She moves over to the group of ponies ignoring Proudtail, her tan furred form standing out against the darker brown of the males.

“I am Mesa and this young one is Proud Tail. What brings you to this place ruler of ponies?”

“That is something I need to discuss with General Three Bear, I mean no offense at saying such, but I would prefer as few know about the why as possible.”

Mesa nods lightly, the thunder of hooves drawing her attention back towards the camp. The buffalo named Coyote thunders back across the plains not even out of breath from the run.

“Chief Three Bear bids you welcome Princess of Night and asks that we escort you into camp to meet him.”

“You heard him. Coyote take over for the stallion pulling the cart he looks injured. “

“I'm fine.”

Velkorn glares at him and Rhede turns returning the look with just as much venom as the zebra gave.

“Not a damn one of you listens to your doc, fine do whatever, go ahead and walk.”

Velkorn storms off leaving Rhede hitched to the cart with Coyote walking along beside him as the others gallop ahead with the buffalo

“You should not anger your mate like that pony.”

“She is not my mate.”

“Really? Rather cute, I don't suppose....”

“NO.”

=================================================

Chief Three Bear stares at Princess Luna, Princess Luna stares back at Chief Three Bear. Starfall however would have liked very much to beat her head against a wall rather than stand in front of the large open tent the two were meeting in.

“You have ummm aged well Princess.”
“Did you get bigger General?”

The massive white Buffalo looks down at the armored Princess, as she stares up at the massive form of the Chief. Starfall knew the Princess had gotten smaller with her lack of power, but she was tiny compared to this Buffalo. Great black horns sprouted from his head, multicolored feathers decorated a headdress that rested on his head, the band just above his red hued eyes. The pegasus looks around noting that the chiefs white coat was not mimicked any where else in the tribe, nor was his massive size, and these creatures were gigantic.

The Princess and the Chief had not said much of anything to each other save those words,it was as if neither of them was willing to break the silence, or at the very least, neither quite knew what to say. Starfall's ears perk up as the creak of the wagon wheels was finally heard along with the panting breathing of Rhede.

“So .. many … steps.....”

“I told you I could help...”

“I said I got it … Coyote right?.... Thanks for the assist with that hill though thought I lost it.......”

“MMMM. I think you should be on the cart instead of pulling it pony.”

“I've been getting that all day.”

The chief looks up at the noise as the Princess glances back.

“And here is one of our larger problems as a group General. Pelt bring the cart over here.”

“.......... fine......”

The injured earth pony moves the cart along towards the tent as the White Buffalo and Luna rose to their hooves. Velkorn was taking everything in as she usually did, and Starfall was simply watching for possibly threats. Three Bear lifts his head nodding to an older buffalo dressed in what looked to be bones and a multitude of feathers.

The buffalo cow approaches the wagon pausing to look over Rhede and his bandages. Velkorn perks her ears watching the examination until the Cow nods and moves on to the cart. She breaths in sharply spotting the little dragon curled up in the back, snoring loudly.

“A thunder lizard. We have not seen one of those in a long time.”

Rhede looks back at the older buffalo curiously, Starfall started paying at bit more attention as well at the odd name for the little dragon. .

“What Bleu? She's Jer's partner, just a dragonling from Celestia's school.”

“That may be what she is and where she is from, but there is no such thing as JUST a dragon. Your companion here is native to the plains and deserts of these lands. Her kind plagued us greatly during the first war. They were great and terrible fighters, though honorable ones. Many buffalo died at their claws and storm breath.

“That only half describes Bleu. Besides if they were a terror why would you be interested in seeing one?”

The buffalo ignores Rhede, moving to lift the blanket with a hoof taking a look at the sitting form of Jer'rahd as he stares into space, his hair and ears drooped having been pressed down by the blanket.

“What are his troubles?”

“His body is healthy and healed, but his mind from it, has been sealed.”

The Buffalo nods pulling the blanket back over him and wandering off into the crowd muttering to herself. Velkorn glances to the Princess and Starfall before heading off after her.

“Who might I ask was that general?”

“That is Raven Claw the tribes shaman. If your companion can be helped here, she will know soon . Now then in your current states you cannot be here for a visit. Why have you come seeking me Moon Princess. “

“The dragons are again attacking Equestria.”

“You wish my tribes to aid again with defending the land.”

“Yes.”

“Then I will tell you now that our answer is No.”

“Your oath General.”

“That applies only to me Princess and I will abide by it, I return when I called upon. My tribe suffered as much as yours did in the first war. We already were small in number then and the war took more than we should have lost. My father spent years trying to bring us back from destruction. He made me promise to never again get them involved in a conflict like that again. Your tribe might have recovered, mine has not done as well. We compete on these plains with many other creatures. This is not as easy of a life as you have with your lands Princess. But this is our way. Your aid in the past ensured that sickness and starvation did not destroy us. For that I am grateful, but I cannot pledge what few of the tribes remain to another war. We would not survive losses like that again.”

“I will accept that. I will not demand aid from you even though it is within my rights. I came to simply ask for your aid and I will be glad for even just your help General.”

“I am a Royal Guard Princess Luna. Even the oath to my people must take second place to a promise made in my youth.”

====================================================

Velkorn pauses outside of the tent hearing the Buffalo shaman moving around in side muttering to herself. She ponders a moment wondering how best to approach the Buffalo when the cow's voice calls out from inside the tent.

“If your going to be waiting around for me at least come inside to help me with this zebra.”

Velkorn blinks pushing in side the tent as the shaman was putting smoking incense sticks into her hair. She stretches a bit trying to place a few along her back more before Velkorn helps her out trying not to breath too deeply of the smoke.

“A scrying rite, what is it you hope to see with second sight?”

“Familiar with this sort of thing I gather? I have heard a great many things about your own cultures rites and ceremonies. Most I am sure is just rumor, though you do recognize what I am doing, perhaps there is some truth to the idea that your people are practitioners of darker arts?”

“The Zebra do not use simple magic, we found the results of overuse most tragic.”

“I see, well. What can I do for you then? Thinking to sit in and help with the divination?”

“My skill in healing, I am told is quite good, though I paid not as much attention to scrying as I likely should.”

“Always good to specialize I suppose. At any rate the Chief is waiting for my vision what is it you need, I must start this to find if we can be of aid to your Princess.”

“Learning other ways to heal is a bit of a hobby of mine, I would like to learn a bit from you perhaps when we have more time.”

“Hmm, yes with the ones you travel with I can see how that might be a good hobby. I am afraid with my current student I would not have the time to pass on much information myself. However....”

The Shaman lifts a hoof pointing to a small stack of books on one of the tables in her tent.

“As part of the practice I have my students copy those books several times so that the knowledge of herbs and lore is seared into their brains. You may take one if you wish, There is nothing complex about any thing in them and nothing involving out rites. There is quite a bit of herb lore and mixtures which might be more of your speed Zebra.”

“I cannot wait to have a look, Thank you greatly for the book.”

“It is not any trouble, do enjoy it a gift from one healer to another.”


Velkorn nods taking the book and slipping it into a saddlebag before lightly stepping back out of the tent. She waits a moment until the chanting starts before heading back to where the others were. This book coupled with what Dr. Tofu had given her as well as what she had learned first hoof about sea pony anatomy were unexpected boons. Perhaps she should compile all she learned in her own books. Some one in the future would likely make great use of the information.



Velkorn wanders back to the tent pausing to look over a slumped and still panting Rhede. The Princess and the White buffalo were still where they were when she left. A glance over to Starfall showed the levels of boredom on the Pegasus' face that likely meant they had not even talked since she had been gone. Luna suddenly breaks the silence looking up at the Chief.


“I would ask one more thing of you General.”

“I some how doubt that you will only ask one more thing Princess, but at least your requests tend to have purpose, unlike your sisters banter.”

“If your medicine cow can help him, I would ask that you take care of General Kaisur while I complete my mission. I do not have time to return to Canterlot with him.”

“If we can help him, we will do so. If we cannot, I will bring him with me when I go to there. You can continue your quest for aid without worry Princess.”

“Thank you General. We are unable to stay long, I wished that Bleu had woken before then, but we may need to leave her as well.”

“That will be a slightly larger problem due to the reaction of my people to the thunder lizard. Though I suppose we shall find out. What have you seen Shaman?”

Raven Claw took that moment to trot back up to the tent. She nods lightly to Velkorn in passing before settling onto her haunches facing the Chief and Moon Goddess. Smoke slowly drifted up from her fur still and the scent of cloves hung heavily in the air around her.

“His staying here will help him, though I cannot say how, when the Chief leaves for The pony city the unicorn will accompany him of his own power.”

“Did you see anything on the thunder lizard?”

“Just that she shall wake soon and it would be best for us to present her with gemstones and barrels of firewater when she does. She is growing strangely. Has the thunder lizard encountered anything odd lately Moon Goddess?”

“Everything we did over the last week counts as strange.”

“Quiet Commander. She absorbed countless bolts of lightning to protect the craft we were on from being damaged or destroyed. That is the only thing I can directly think of recently. She spent the next few days without sleep and was overly active. Then at one point she simply fell asleep were she stood.”

“She ate the thunderbolts? Yes that would do it. Her kind thrive with that sort of power in them, just as the salamanders thrive in fire, and the venom drinkers in their poison. If she absorbed enough I can see how that might speed her growth. She is connected to the pony under the blanket I gather? While we prepare for her waking the pony should be moved to a tent.”

“He still follows simple commands if they are ordered to him. Oddly it only works when you call him by rank of General. He makes no motions or actions on his own that we have seen, it is like he has become a clockwork horse. The only exception to this, is twice now he has gone through some sort of panic attack. Once before we fled Neighlantis and once more when we left the ship.”

“Hmm. Something to take note of. It shall be easy enough to do however. Though if the thunder lizard and the pony are connected it will be your task to convince her to go with you. The dragons presence here will be a hindrance.

“So you can cure him?”

“Perhaps .”

“How?”

“That was not told to me.”

Luna stares blankly at the Buffalo cow, looking even more confused.

“Do not let Raven Claw's cryptic speech confuse you Princess, she is the tribes best shaman, though she is an accomplished seer as well. If she says he can be helped here, he can be. For now we shall make preparations for you to stay this evening and to deal with the thunder lizard when she wakes.”

“I thank you General, Shaman.”


================================

Luna had expected this reaction, but the venom attached still surprised her. Velkorn and Starfall were out watching over Bleu helping the Buffalo gather gems and roll barrels of their firewater near the cart. Jer'rahd had been moved to a medical tent with no signs of change. Rhede unfortunately was here in the tent with her.

“So wait we are just going to leave him here?”

“Yes.”

“That's crazy Princess, can we even trust them? After what happened with Aqua...”

“Ambassador Pelt you will calm down and listen to me. General Kaisur is safer here than he will be with us. I never had any doubt about what the buffalo would do. I never expected more help than just from General Three Bear. That they are willing and able to help Jer'rahd, as well as Bleu should speak volumes about whether we can trust them or not. It was well within their right to simply turn us away. Canterlot is too far to travel right now and still manage hat we need to do before spring. We are closer to the lands of the Elk than Canterlot, and once we reach the Elklands we will be closer to the Wiendigo than we would be any where else. We must continue the mission despite our losses Rhede. We have only two months before the plan will be put into place. If the dragons catch on, they might attack sooner despite the discomfort and lethargy cold will bring. We do not have the time to play it as safe as I would like.”

“Yes but....”

“Rhede, if I have to I will order you to shut up and follow along. I cannot lose any one else or this mission might as well be given up. The Generals loss and our current conditions have lessened our force considerably. I will need all of you to help me pick up the slack his absence will bring should more trouble arise. I understand how you feel about your friend and I am upset over it as well, but we have a mission that could help us win the war and save countless lives. I will not give it up due to one bad encounter and the incapacitation of one pony.”

“I have no intent of not going along with you if you continue this mission Princess. I am simply trying to make you see that we should give it up.”

“I will not stop half way though this quest, get used to the idea of continuing.”

“Fine. As you wish Princess.”

Rhede storms out leaving Luna alone in the tent still stuck in the armor trying to get comfortable enough to sleep. How did the General stay in this stuff all the time.

==============================================


“That is not what I had in mind when the seer said she was growing. I did not think she meant literally.”

Velkorn nods along with several other buffalo near by as the look up at the massive blue dragon eating handfuls of gems at a time, and downing them with barrels of the firewater.

Bleu had woken up with a roar startling even those around who expected it. With in an eye blink she had grown in size enough to crush the cart she was in and rapidly towered over the tents in the area as well as many of the sparse trees that grew here. Starfall flew up to try and calm her down and was only met with a confused stare as if Bleu did not recognize her or what she was saying. Seeing the piles of Gems the buffalo had gathered around her however drew the dragons attention more than the Buzzing gnat of Starfall did.

Gems were fairly common across the plains and the rivers. None were of very high quality, but they were in abundance enough that the buffalo could easily collect large amounts of them in short order, and Bleu was devouring them rather quickly. It was likely only the addition of the firewater barrels that stalled her devouring all of them. One of the buffalo got the idea to kick open the top of a barrel after the dragon ignored them for a time. The reaction was almost instant from the over grown dragon, once the scent of the firewater caught her nose she ignored the gems in favor of the alcohol.


She made it to the third barrel before hiccuping suddenly and shooting a gout of blue lightning into the sky. She then suddenly shrunk back down to about the size of of a pony before falling over snoring loudly half inside the barrel she had just finished and half on the uneaten gems.

Starfall wanders to check on Bleu and curses.

“Figures, I'm the smallest one in the group again.”

===================================================

Once she woke again and was told of what was going on,Bleu was of the same opinion as Rhede about leaving Jer'rahd, and she was shot down just as quickly by Princess Luna. Bleu was willing to take on the whole herd of buffalo to stay with Jer'rahd, but somehow Starfall and Luna managed to convince her otherwise.

The rest they did get while at the camp was enough for Starfall to finally shake the last bits of the song from her mind. Bidding goodbye to the Chief and to Jer'rahd, who had not so much as moved, the group set off again for the lands of the Elk. Luna decided to leave the Waning Moon with the catatonic pony, hoping the feel of the blade might be enough to comfort him where ever his mind was.

==========================

Chief Three Bear sat on a rise at the camps edge watching the small group head off across the planes towards the edge of the Ever-free forest in the far distance. The shaman had come to take a seat nearby watching them leave as well.

“So then Raven Claw. You wished to speak with me with out them present. Is there something wrong?”

“There is, Ill portents of doom and death, but it is of little concern if he cannot be healed.”

“Can you heal him.”

“I do not know chief. I am unused to dealing with this sort of trauma. My visions showed he would be well enough to travel on his own but not how that was achieved.”

“ There are always darker portents with your visions. That is not a concern. So his condition is not the same as the braves who returned from the first war?”

“It is similar, but at least with the braves they were aware of their surroundings. This one does not even seem to have that. And I have yet to see anything as dark as what I saw from that one. I wish there was time to do readings on the others as well, but their time is rushed and a proper vision takes time. This truncated one only showed me he would walk on his own when you left, and dark tidings ahead for him.”

“Anything specific?”

“It was more a feeling than a vision as if the spirits themselves were unsure. He will bring great pain to the lands, then a peace he will suffer greatly for. Conflict will arise again and again around this pony until at last the world is done with him to allow him rest.”

“Cryptic as always.”

“Your father was never so brash to dismiss one of my visions.”

“Likely for fear of you kicking him from your bed mother. Do not worry I do not dismiss anything you speak of, there is simply little we can do to alter his life if this is what the spirits have for him. The Princess has put faith in us that he can be healed here. Try your best.”

“I am still am not happy with you for joining the ponies Guard in your youth, Three Bear.”

“I know, but it has aided us more than it has hindered me.”


===================================================
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!”

“HOLD HIM DOWN!!”

“I AM TRYING SHAMAN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER YOU SIT ON THE DAMN PONY!!!”

“GENERAL STOP!”

“ITS NOT WORKING!!”

Chief Three Bear watches as the single pony flings another full grown buffalo brave off his back into the water before charging away as fast as he can from the small pond he had been brought to. After making it out of sight of the pond he simply sat down, panting for a bit before fading back into the blank state he had been in since arriving.

Raven Claw was getting frustrated as she was trying to bathe the pony and he was not cooperating. She had several of the braves come to help her drag him into the water and he had flung all of them off of him at least twice now. The shaman's student, Moonberry had been sitting back watching the whole time. The thin sickly looking buffalo cow finally spoke up her opinion on the matter. For one so young and frail the coco colored cow was remarkably perceptive.

“I .. think he seems terrified of the water.”

Moonberry scoops up a cup from the lake taking it over to the pony setting it down in from of him with no reaction. She returns a moment later with a filled bowl, then a bucket. The unicorn simply stares into space without notice of the water. She had one of the braves bring a barrel over, this provoked no reaction either. also without a reaction.

Moonberry regards the pony a moment before moving to fling the mug of water at Jer'rahd. The reaction was instant, as soon as the water splattered against his hide the stallion galloped off until he was out of sight of the water on the ground before dropping back down to sit staring into space again.

“Well teacher it seems we have one thing discovered.”

“Bah, we have succeeded in nothing. He needs a bath, the pony stinks.”

============================================= “Rhede are you able to speak Elk?”

“No pony alive is able to speak Elk Princess. Our vocal cords are not built for it. “

“Wait, then how are we supposed to talk with them then?”

“Well I understand Elk Bleu, I just cannot speak it. I spent about two months with some caravan traders that came out this way. Picked it up from them.”

“Well then have they said anything yet, or will they just keep their bows on us all day?”

The group had reached the forest after three days travel, and had barely entered into the it when an arrow struck the ground before Luna. Not long after that several tall thin, pony like creatures, stepped out of the shadows of the trees. Their fur was a strange mix of brown and leafy green that had let them blend in with the woods perfectly, even when standing in plain view the eye tended to lose sight of the edges of them and blend into the forest behind them. Each had a pair of horns sprouting from their head that branched out like a tree with a silver cord pulled taught between them. Their tails were little puff of fur and their hooves appeared cloven. The three they seemed to have no cutie mark, though each had a different shaped creature riding on their back. All of the riders had ringed tails but their facial features, body shapes, and coats of fur were different. They looked a bit like little bears though their front paws had elongated fingers, and all three of them held arrows notched and held back against the silver string between their mounts horns. All the Elk needed to do was jerk its head to send the arrow flying, with the creature reloading another from the quiver at their sides.

“WE ARE PRINCESS LUNA OF EQUESTRIA. WE HAVE COME TO SPEAK WITH KEEPER DOGWOOD ON A MATTER OF GREAT IMPORTANCE.”

“Ow. Please warn us when your going to use the Royal Canterlot voice Princess that hurts.”

The elk wince a little as well the creatures on their back chattering angrily at the armored alicorn. The elk themselves keep their ears flattened by say nothing. A soft cooing sound comes from the behind the trio, interrupted by a few short groans and barks. Rhede blinks lightly, his ears perking.

“The Keeper has agreed to see us Princess. Well he has agreed to see you your translator. They will not allow Bleu or Starfall any deeper into the forest. And the only reason they have not shot the one they call an evil enchanter is because she is with us.”

“Great, we need to split up more. I already hate this plan.”

“It is fine Bleu. All of you go to the edge of the plains and wait there, take nothing from these woods and do not fly over them at all.”

“Alright Princess, you sure you will be OK?”

“Not in the slightest. I had hoped the General would be with us here. I knew the Elk do not like flying creatures over their forests. I was unaware of the issue they had with zebras however. I will have to settle for just Rhede accompanying me.”

“Gee thanks Princess, I feel so loved......”

============================================= “OK, what do we no so far.”

“The pony fears water when there is the threat he might be submerged. Small amounts also frighten him, but not enough for a full blown panic. Well at least after The Chief sat on him and we managed to soak his head a bit to show there was no danger. He at least now can handle a small amount of water on him though anything larger than that and he still panics.

“Correct, what else?”

“Umm he seems good with the calves?”

“Well, close enough Moonberry, but that is not what I meant.”

The Shaman and her assistant watch the group of buffalo calves kick about a ball of reeds. The moment it comes any where near the pony sitting in the middle off the grassy field a green shield pops up briefly deflecting it in a different direction. The calves were delighted with this, and against what their elders told them were often aiming the ball towards the catatonic pony just to see the shield appear again before the ball hit the unicorn. The shaman had tried different items, such as a blanket, a small rock and a gem and the pony simply was pelted by the items, she even threw the reed ball with no effect. But he flawlessly deflected the ball every time a calf kicked it at him.

“He still has command of magic like this. Perhaps this is how he moved the Braves sitting on him. They did state they felt themselves being lifted.”

“It may be, though that only makes him more dangerous. PROUDTAIL, wake up!”

The young buffalo lifts his head from where it lay on the grass offering a snort.

“I am awake Raven Claw. What is it you want?”

“Keep any eye on the children, as well as the pony, we are going to collect some regents.”

“As if babysitting our own was not bad enough for a Chiefs son, now I must watch a brain dead pony as well? Fine do what you need to I will watch the pony. Grandfather claims he is a guest after all.”


===================================== Setting up a small camp was easy enough, Starfall and Bleu took to the air once out of the forest with the dragonling carrying the zebra. The located a small spot by a stream within sight of the forest. The place looked as if it had been used as a campsite before , likely by those that traded with the elk judging by the wagon tracks they found. They set up and settled down to simply wait. Though Velkorn making a pole with which to fish in the river unnerved Starfall greatly, and even Bleu seemed a little ill with the idea. Velkorn however was quite thrilled with the act of gutting the ones she caught for a meal.

================================================ Screams of the children caused a stamped towards the field they were in. The shaman and her assistant were the first ones there followed by the Chief and a great many braves. They all stopped at the edge of the open field scanning for danger and seeing all the calves huddled behind Proudtail who was staring at the pony on the other side of the grassy area. The unicorn was still not paying attention to what was going on but was currently stomping something into the ground in the tall grass. Blood soaked his chest and hooves, a red glow in his eye quickly fades as he sits again, the light visible even in the bright day.

Proud Tail turned his head staring back at the shaman and his father with wide eyes before looking back at the pony. Raven Claw walks over to the bloodied unicorn looking down at the body he had been stomping, worry etching across her face.

“Is any one hurt Proud Tail?”

“None of the calves are, likely because of that one. I have never seen any creature react that quickly or aggressively. “

“It is training from the Guard my son. They taught us to react to any threat by removing it as fast and brutally as possible.”

“He did not even draw the blade he wears, he simply stomped it to death. I had not even managed to rise to my hooves before he was on it.”

“He has a few cuts, but nothing life threatening. Moonberry go get some bandages and prepare a poultice. You braves dispose of the cougar before the scent of its corpse attracts more. “

Raven Claw looks down at the blood covered pony pondering something.

“Something on your mind shaman?”

“He barely reacts to anything we have tried in the week he has been here. And yet the first sign of violence he reacts with brutal efficiency. I doubt even the Guard train to do such when they are in this condition. He acts nothing like our Braves did on their return, I will need to run tests. Proud Tail, take the calves home and return I will need your assistance.”

“Alright, move little ones there is nothing more to see here.”

========================================== “Well now, perhaps this was not such a bad idea after all Princess. So many exotic beauties here,and I know not all of them are looking at that armor of yours.”

The three elk with their archers led them into the forest where they met a female with no antlers though decorated much the same as the others. She was clearly the one who spoke and had come along to lead them to the city. The city was a maze of trees and wooden structures build out of dead fall limbs,river stones, and vines. Even with the easily identified materials used in construction a good bit of the wood and stone looked warped and altered to form the buildings into works of art. Towering structures that seemed built to look like stylized trees or other natural phenomenon. One looked as if its design was based on a waterfall, another a great oak tree, and still yet another a strangle stylized six pointed star, the random effects gave the city a uniqueness than most pony buildings rarely could match. The strangest part was no matter how exotic the building it could clearly be seen to blend into the surroundings naturally as if the strange structure was meant to be there .


Rhede's gaze may have been focused on the females, including the rump of the one leading them, but Luna had her eyes on the city and the sky. Night fall would be there soon and she should be recovered enough for some spells by the next morning. If things turned bad that would be a great boon.

“Do we need to worry about running into a child of yours here Rhede?”

“Was that a joke? I learned the language and met a few Elk, but I never visited their cities. As for a foal no, we won't have to worry about one of those, on this trip at least …...the next one … well that depends on how well this trip goes.”

“I truly wish Jer'rahd was here to keep you in line.”


The small procession stopped suddenly forcing Luna's attention from the earth pony to the reason. They had moved out of the town and past a treeline that obscured what was beyond. Past that natural barrier the ground suddenly gave way dropping into a massive crater that held another forest filling the hole. The cliffs of the crater were sheer, as if the ground had simply sunk down the depth of Canterlot mountain. In the center of this circular crater, towering over the rest of the forest was a giant tree. From this distance it looked as if the trunk rose higher than the craters edge, with the branches and top of the tree higher than the other trees of the main forest of Everfree.

“The Elk call it the Yggdrasil, or the world tree.“

“What was that Rhede?”

“That is as close to a pony name for the tree as I can pronounce. The tree is supposedly the source of all plant life in the world. “

“Perhaps it is. The land was like this when pony kind arrived here.”

The elk guards nod to the female guiding them as she motions for the pair to follow her down into the basin along a thin ledge that descends into the lower forest.

“She said to follow her Princess, the Keeper is at the tree.”

======================================================================= “Again Proud Tail.”

“Much as I enjoy beating up on a defenseless, catatonic pony like a true warrior should, are you sure this is doing what you want shaman?”

“Sarcasm does not suit you grandchild, now do it.”

The young buffalo sighs and lowered his head charging the seated pony for the fifteenth time sending him flying into the air to crash into the ground with a thud. Like the other times the Jer'rahd righted himself and sunk back onto his haunches blank stare still on his face.

“This is getting us no where teacher.”

“No, it is getting us plenty of places . Go check his wounds dear. Proud Tail again.”

The Buffalo roars out in annoyance turning to charge back at the seated pony having had enough of this nonsense. His eyes widen as he realizes that Moonberry has moved to the pony as well. He brakes his charge hard ,tripping over a rock and tumbling at the pair as the female shrieks.

The tumbling buffalo slams into a green shield inches from the pair and bounces off to crash to the grass as the shield fades.

“That was not funny teacher!!”

“But effective. He is a guardian. Hah, you may wish to check on your future mate as well, he seems to have been knocked out . “

“Gah, WHAT!?!? stop teasing me. Hes still a calf .”

“He is only a year younger than you student. He has a interesting future ahead of him as well. Not as interesting as this one though. Though in time he likely will meet this pony again.”

==================================================
Luna sighs, not liking how this was going. The Elder was a old dark brown, nearly black elk that was smaller than the hunters they first encountered though his muscle was clearly there as he shifted on the roots of the great tree, looking down at the pair. While the Keeper was civil enough there was a undercurrent of anger that he was forced to deal with any sort of outsiders himself. The council needed to vote on the decision but if they followed what he wished the elk would have nothing to do with the war at all.

The Keepers translator however was a young greyish hued doe that might have been why the discussion was more civil, she also seemed to have a interest in Rhede that the earth pony was clearly returning. Whether the Keeper noticed the looks or not was hard to tell as he spent the time glaring at the Princess.

The pair were granted a guest home for the evening, but they would be under watch. The translator Mossflower would stay near by in case they needed anything.

================================================== The braves drag away the latest string of attackers to the village,a small pack of timber wolves. Not much threat to the village as a whole, but the pack could have caused some damage to the children or a elder of the tribe if they were let to roam free. Three Bear Briefly wondered if the pony was attracting the beasts before dismissing the notion. There had been creatures showing up around camp looking for a quick meal for weeks before he had arrived. The cougar was simply one that managed to slip past the hunters.

Something was driving the creatures down from the mountains and towards the camp. He sent scouts to check for any signs and what they found was worrying. Hydra tracks, all over the passes into the mountains, the hunters had not seen the monster but the tracks were clearly of a large variety of the creature. He grumbled to himself know what needed to be done.

“Prepare the village to move. Even if the beast does not leave the passes the creatures that it runs from their homes are a danger we do not need. We will move to our second seasonal camp site, closer towards the forest. Go begin the preparations.“

Three Bear hangs his head, a move like this would delay his return to Canterlot for a good while, he hoped the Princess would understand.

=========================================

Rhede returned that night in rather high spirits which made Luna wish to strangle him more. It was easily clear from his attitude what he and the translator had been up to for the past few hours.

“You are a hopeless case Pelt. “

“Ah hello Princess, I see you finally got the armor off. Have a exciting night?”

“Not nearly as much as you did it seems, though I doubt Velkorn will be as amused as you are.”

“Oh? Planing to inform her of my after hour activities?”

“It would be for the best since she seems to care for you for some reason.”

“Good. Maybe you can get through to her where no one else can. Keep that attitude as well. Grind it home that she's better off without me. She might listen to you.”

“I am starting to question the relation ship you two have.”

“We do not have one, we never did. She simply thinks we do. “

“Why, did you bed her with promises as well that you have no intent of keeping?”

Rhede's eyes narrow a bit, ears flattening as he looks down at Luna considering something.

“No, I have never done anything with her more than flirt a bit and save her from being raped. And now that I have answered your question answer mine. What the buck is eating you? I get you're not a fan of me, I've known that from the start, but you have been down right hostile to me since we left the ship. What gives?”

Luna blinks a moment,looking up at Rhede as he moves to take a seat on the ground near the pile of fronds she was laying on.

“No answer for that huh Princess? Likely cause you don't know either. You tore apart an entire organization because they hurt a friend, something you claim to not have had in years. And now that same friend is in some sort of catatonic state, you can't find any one to attack. There's no clear target, OK, not quite true, but the clear target is one you cannot reach and so your taking it out on any one else close to you.”

“What the buck do you know Pelt?”

“Well I know, I have yet to hear you swear, so evidently something is bothering you if you cannot maintain your composure.”

“I had forgotten how good you were at finding out what ponies were thinking.”

“It was kind of my job for a while, both as an Ambassador and a spy, slash assassin. So you're worried about Jer then?”

“Among other things. I know this is likely to fail, and no pony has contacted the wendigo in over seven thousand years. I am not even sure they still exist.”

“Then why are we going there?”

“Because my sister IS still sure they exist. They aided us once before it seems.”

“Really when? I thought they tried to destroy pony kind. Isn’t that the point of Hearths Warming? To celebrate the power of friendship that defeated the wendigo and saved pony kind?”

“Celestia tells it differently. It is why she does not to go to any of the plays that are put on. She wants to remember what actually happened instead of what we are supposed to know.”

“Ominous there .”

“Yes, well it relates to why we are going so you may as well know what she said. The wendigo were asked by the Princesses before Celestia and myself to drive the ponies into new lands. They were at war with each other in all but act. Every race hated the other because that was simply how they were raised. They were taught from birth to think the other types of ponies were beneath their own. The alicorns of that era did not so much rule ponies as they did watch over them and try guide their actions as best they could. They had the wendigos drive the ponies from their land in order to force them to work together. It nearly did not work,and only the actions the leaders and their seconds averted it.

“I was unaware there were any alicorns before you and Celestia.”

“Did you think we hatched from eggs perhaps?”

“Ahh good, humor, seems your getting better, least your willing to tell me the situation. Still no reason to be mean to me though. I would not worry about the same thing happening here that happened in Neighlantis. If they won't help, they will just have us leave. Despite the numbers we have seen the Elk are fairly rare. They live a long time and don't breed nearly enough to keep the population up above their losses to natural death and injury. If they continue this way they will all die out in the next thousand years or so. The problem is the elders here still run things and will not sway from tradition. The younger ones like, ahem, Mossflower, are more willing to expand their world views past the forest.”

“At least you remember her name.”

“I remember all their names, I have my book, and Jer has his.”

“I would expect yours to be much larger. “

“No its not, he is actually on the third volume last time I checked. That trip to Dullhan did not help.”

“I was unaware the General was that much of a playstallion.”

“Jealous?”

“Hardly.”

“Well no worries, its not a book of mares and foals. Its a book of the dead.”

“What?”

“Jer has the names, birth places and Guard number of every pony that has died while he has been in charge of them. He says he started back in the Zebra lands when he became Sergeant. Every time a pony that is under his command dies he takes the time to write out that ponies information in one of those books. He used to carry the names with him until Dullahan, when there became too many. Since he became General he has written them all down as every Guard pony is under his command at that rank. “

“Every time I talk to one of you I am surprised further by the depths of what I do not know.”

“It happens. I was a little surprised by that as well. But it fits his mindset, he really wants to protect every pony he can, the loss of any bothers him. I mean its not common knowledge I play the guitar, quite well I have been told.”

“It must be a balance for your singing.”

“Ahh, see there we go, two jokes in one conversation. You are loosening up a bit. Jer would be happy with that.”

He winced as he said it as the Princesses expression darkens again. Rhede sighs.

“Look you said you trust the buffalo, and they said they could help him. So are you trying to tell me after all your arguing with Bleu and myself that you don't believe them? After you fed us all that sort of bull crap?”

“Why are you friends with Jer'rahd, Rhede?”

“This is new and a random change of subject as well. Why do you ask?”

“I want to know. I want to know why all of you are friends with each other, and why you are trying to be friends with me. Your not just following my sisters orders your actually trying. Most of you met because of Jer'rahd and yet you have all stuck together through things that likely you should not have. Jer'rahd is the key to that and I want to understand it.”

“Some things really cannot be explained logically. I've been Jer's friend since we were both colts and I still don't know why we hit it off so well. Aside from sarcasm and growing up together we are not really that much alike. I really can't answer for the others. Though I expect Bleu has the deepest connection with him. Tradgeies sometimes bring those affected by them closer together. I expect Velkorn followed me and stayed because of Bleu and Starfall. She gets along rather well with those two. She and Jer met under a bit of duress, she respected his loyalty to his soldiers and his own agreements, and he respected her compassion to try and save everyone no mater the cost. I think Starfall actually just likes him, but that could be me putting my own spin on things. He saved her life and mine in basic, shes been using that as an excuse ever since for why she hangs around us. I am sure there is more to it than that. For a pony that is supposed to be honesty she is rather tight lipped.”

“Honesty does not mean giving up all you know Rhede. Giving freely of oneself of information or body is something more akin to generosity. Do not think I do not know why you are hurt. Which makes me wonder why you continue to resist her attentions.”

“She deserves better than me Princess. I have said that before. As caring and sweet as that mare is, she needs some pony that will treat her like she should be. I've done far to many things with my life to be able to be that pony.”

“Noble, but stupid.”

“I get that line from Jer too.”

========================================================

“GET THE CALVES AND THE ELDERS OUT OF HERE, TAKE THEM DOWN THE RISE TOWARD THE RIVER MOVE NOW! DO NOT STOP!!”

The beast had come, his people were in a panic. The hydra was huge, its red scales flecked with scars and healed wounds. Something had driven this beast away from its home and it had come here, the scars on it were new but the type of hydra it was would be more at home in a swamp or bog. He had expected a much smaller cryo hydra not a giant bog one. The creature had come in the middle of the night, it had killed and devoured the sentries and the first warnings that it was here was the sudden roar that echoed in the light of the full moon. The dust and debris the beast kicked up as it moved obscured the damage it was doing to the camp as it raged through it.

Three Bear narrowed his eyes preparing to move towards the creature and stop it before any others of his tribe here hurt when Raven Claw galloped up with Moonberry in tow.

“Chief, thank the stars we have found you. The pony is missing. Did he pass here?”

“What? No where is he?”

“He was in the tent when the attack started, he vanished as you started shouting commands we hoped he had come past here at some point following the orders.”

“He has not Moonberry.”

“I did not foresee this creature Chief. I do not know how it will affect my visions.....”

The three of them look up suddenly as the hydra roars, its head diving at something before impacting a green glowing square of light barely visible through the dust cloud. Its roar is echoed by another scream of fury. A object, glowing blue flame, arcs through the air the low hum heard even from across the camp as the blocked hydra head is severed in one blow, the head is flung upward with enough force to send it arching into the air to crash heavily at the hooves of Three Bear. Blue flames lick along the creatures severed head, like moonlight made fire. The creature shrieks in pain attacking what had wounded it, something that seemed to be avoiding the attacks.

“What was that?”

“General Kaisur has been found.”

“By the stars..... this is not what I expected. His aura... We have been going about this wrong Three Bear. I had expected the pony to be mostly peaceful in nature like others of his kind, but the energy he is giving off. This pony is a warrior, our attempts to place him in peaceful situations, to allow his mind to mend may have been detrimental to him. He is not a creature in touch with the land. His soul is of storm, his peace is at the center of conflict. He rages for the fallen, for the injustice, for those left alive who need to be saved.“

“Why are we standing here we need to help him chief, teacher ….”

“No, with what visions I have seen in the future, it is better he die here fighting this beast then suffer through what is to come.”

“It matters not. The hydra was dead the moment it chose him as a target. Princess Luna does not chose the weak to be her Generals. “

The two cows look to the white buffalo as he watches another head be severed. A red streak of light traces around the creature, the glow easily seen through the dust cloud. The light trails up the first neck that had lost a head a form seen running up the scaled length of the beast towards its trunk the red glow eminateing from the forms head as it gallops upward along the hydra's neck. Many of the fleeing buffalo slow their escape, turning to watch as the beast is systemically slaughtered, each head crackling with blue fire as it arcs through the air away from the body.

The beast realizes its peril too late and tries to flee the camp though the pony clearly was not done and removes the last head of the hydra the body tumbling down the rise with the General on its back crashing into a small dip in the land between the mountain and the village.

As the last head is severed and the beast collapses, Three Bear starts forward galloping towards where the body fell, the rest of the tribe tears along behind him after a moments pause.

The Chief stops at the edge of the dip in the land waiting for the dust to settle,his ears perk at the sound of heavy panting. The air slowly clears leaving Three Bear facing a blood covered unicorn with a glowing red eye. Jer'rahd takes notice of Three Bear and his horn glows as he brings the Waning Moon level between the two of them gritting his teeth as he snarls.

“Who the buck are you, where am I and where are my friends?”

The chief thinks to respond when a bunch of small shapes charge down towards the pony from behind the buffalo. Jer'rahd whirls with the blade stopping suddenly, his eyes widening at the buffalo calves that suddenly swarm him commenting on the kill and bouncing around him like hyperactive rabbits. The chief snorts loudly drawing the attention of the young ones who lower their heads a bit darting off to join the crowd behind the Chief again.

“I am General Three Bear, you are in our camp in our lands, and your friends have gone on to speak with the Elk. Do you remember anything that happened?”

“Just Aqua and the dinner then.... water...... How long have I been out?”

“Near a month, you are to come with me when I return to Canterlot. “

“I cannot do that, I need to catch up with Luna and the others.”

“You will do no such thing. I am a Four Star General in the Guard, General Kaisur and I out rank you. Princes Luna told me to bring you back with me and you will go with me is that clear?”

“.................you sound like Mustang....”

“General!”

“Sir, Yes, Sir.”

“Good. The trip will be delayed until I am sure you are fit again for travel.”

“I am ready to go now.”

“I have a rule in my camp General. If you kill something in the camp you must take it out of the camp and far enough away to not attract scavengers.”

He lifts a hoof pointing at the massive corpse of the hydra and Jer'rahds eyes widen at the sudden realization.

“Say that again after you clear this out of my camp and we will see. Do not forget the nine heads that landed in camp. Take this body to the other side of the rise over there and that should be far enough.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was suddenly yanked back into the real world before the response came from Jer'rahd. Though it simply seemed to be a swear any way. She shakes her head looking around spotting Spike holding the gem to wake her, standing by the window looking out into the night.

“Spike why did you..?”

“Come over here Twilight and look at this.”

“Hmm what is it ?”

“On top of Sugar Cube Corner, is that Gilda?”

Twilight glances out the window at the shape of a Griffon sitting on the peak of Sugar Cube Corner in the distance.

“I can't tell. It definitely looks like a griffon though. You think she might be trying to pay Pinkie back for the party pranks?”

“Maybe, I just noticed her a bit ago, maybe we should tell Pinkie she's back. “

“Sounds like a good idea, The Cake's should be home soon so I doubt she would try anything with them there.”

“I dunno she was pretty mad when she left last time. We should probably let Rainbow Dash know too.”

“Yeah, looks like she's flying away though, so we should do that tomorrow. I might as well write all this information down and go to bed myself. No sense going back into the spell this late.”

“Learn anything interesting.”

“Not sure. I might have found something out about dragons, but I don’t know.”

“Well hopefully its something I can use. “

“I doubt it unless you like eating lightning.”

“Pass.”

PreviousChapters Next