• Published 26th May 2014
  • 2,411 Views, 44 Comments

A Guitar In A Thunderstorm - Maerx



Can love & friendship transcend not just different worlds, but different species as well? One human is working to solve that problem

  • ...
3
 44
 2,411

Chapter VII: Healing

Chapter VII: Healing

The air was crisp and clean as I strolled through Ponyville, my hand shoved once again into my thin black sweatshirt. Although I didn't say a word on my way to Colgate's, but my mind was whizzing at a mile a minute. I had a lot to mull over in the next few days: Colgate, this condition of mine, which I still had to decide on what to do with it, and not to mention the Harvest coming next week.

It was quite a bit to think about, considering that my life hinged on my decision. But my mind, as free as it was running kept coming back to that one mare: Colgate.

There was something special about her. In my 22 years of living, I've never met a girl, or pony, quite like her. Back on Earth, 85% or more of the girls were obsessed with one thing: penis size. They didn't care of the guy that had it was a total tool or not: they just wanted their fix. Here in Equestria however, things were different; well aside from the multicolored ponies and amazingly comfortable seasons. Mares here cared about so much more than just the size of a guy. From what I had seen, that was rare back on Earth.

Minus Lily, I had never had another special somepony in my life. Some called me looser for it, others called me weird.

I brought my mind back to reality and Equestria and away from Earth. Although I do somewhat regret leaving it behind, Equestria had offered me a much more peaceful life. I continued to walk down the road into downtown Ponyville and towards Colgate's place, feeling the dirt crunch beneath my feet as I went. Leaves of various colors were strewn about the tiny town as came with autumn.

This made the scenery of Ponyville even prettier, turning the lush green hills into a spectrum of auburn, orange and yellow. Having arrived at the small shop when she worked, I brushed my long bangs out of my face, which immediately fell back into place, covering my left eye mostly. I had let my hair grow out for the most part, when caught by a wind, would blow around my face.

Placing my hand on the door of Colgate's work place, I slid it open with little resistance and stepped inside. The atmosphere was warm yet cool at the same time; offering a welcoming feeling. I saw the fuzzy blue mare humming a gentle tune to herself as she bounced around her workplace, making sure everything was neat and tidy. Upon hearing the bell jingle as the door slid shut, her ears perked up as she trotted towards the front desk.

"Welcome to Colgate's.. oh Jackson! Hey!" She seemed almost overjoyed to see me which made me smile in turn. She practically beamed as I returned her exclamation with a simple smile, stooping to my knees to welcome her hug. Her fur was still incredibly soft as was her smile complimented perfectly by her eyes; two glowing sapphires in the dying light of a sunset.

"Hi Colgate," I replied as our hug broke, me ascending to my full height. "How have you been?"

She blushed slightly as she fidgeted with some dental equipment, placing it back in its original place in the cupboard.

"Oh, I've been just fine. I've actually been looking for you!" she said with a grin on her face. "I uh.. wanted to thank you for that one night. It was really special to me," she said as her voice trailed off, looking down at her forelegs.

Smiling, I ruffled her mane slightly and chuckled.

"Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool too. We should definitely do that again sometime." Upon hearing that, her expression brightened as her ears perked up, advancing one step forward, getting closer to me. Her muzzle was so close to my face that I could feel her gentle breath on my face. Neither of us said anything but our thoughts were loud and clear. I felt her hoof come up to my face and gently brush it, her expression softening even further. My heart skipped a beat as she pulled away and giggled, not saying another word.

"Well," I said with a chuckle. "What was that for?" She didn't reply at first, her cheeks a deep red, giggling like a schoolyard filly. I could tell that something drove to do that, but I wasn't about to pry.

"Anyway Colgate, I came by to tell you that I'm writing my letter to the princess today."

Her ears perked up once more as she turned to face me again, with a different posture this time. She was far more relaxed than usual.

"I see," she replied. "I wish the best for you Jackson. I really do..." "You mean a lot to me," she added plainly.

I felt my heart stop as those words were said.

You mean a lot to me.

Jeez, I thought to myself silently. It looks like Rainbow and Twi are right...

"You mean a lot to me too, Colgate. Wouldn't know what to do without you. I mean that," I said offering my hand, which she immediately nuzzled in response.

This is what it feels like..


Her blush did not go away but continued to stay, hovering just between her nose and eyes. She continued to draw closer and closer to me, our eyes never straying. A mist grew in her eyes as she gave a smile, the kind of smile that meant that she felt safe and comfortable. My mind clicked as to where this was going almost immediately after seeing her change her posture. Making myself comfortable on the floor, I crossed my legs and sat there. Her gaze was still unwavering as she continued to pad silently towards me. Her fur felt and smelled so amazing it was almost overpowering in a sense.

I felt her hoof come to my left cheek as our noses almost touched. Time seemed to stand still in that very moment. I felt her hot breath against my face as our eyes locked in a gaze that seemed completely separate from time and space.

She smiled one last time and closed her eyes, leaning her head gently to the right. Recognizing the signal with my heart beating my throat, I closed my eyes, openly accepting her.

It felt like nothing else I had ever experienced in my life. Lightning, pain, desire and love all shot through me as our lips finally met. I felt her shudder for a second, then push against me as a long exhale escaped my mouth. I pressed against her as I felt her form fall on my chest, wrapping her hooves around my neck. I embraced her tightly as the kiss continued. I dared not open my eyes, rather I enjoyed every second of that moment. It was simply electric.

Our lips finally parted as she buried her muzzle beneath my chin, her mane gently falling over part of my face. How long we sat there in silent embrace I will never know.

I felt her muzzle rise as she still lay on chest, smiling and burning a deep red blush.

"I love you..." she whispered in my ear. "So much..."

In that moment I didn't know what to say. She backed off from me and sat opposite from me, just within hoof's reach. I felt like I had forgotten how to speak, let alone think anything.

How long... I thought to myself. How many years have I waited for this moment...

Looking Colgate dead in the eyes, I scooted closer to her and placed my hand on her cheek, stroking it with my thumb.

"I love you too Minuette..." I said as I pulled my hand away, letting it fall to her hoof, who welcomed it.

Not wanting to say another word, I caught a hint of fire in her eyes. Before I could react, she pounced, sending me to my back.

"Now you're mine. All mine," she said flirtatiously, leaning in for another kiss, this time on the cheek.

"And you're mine too, my little pony," I said with a wide smile on my face, fighting back tears. She noticed this and brought me close for another tight hug. She knew of my past battles and issues and understood how much trust this was taking for me to do this. However, I felt something burning deep inside my heart, a feeling I have not felt in years.
Breaking our hug, she beckoned me towards the door, that fire still glowing in her eyes. I saw my marefriend in a whole new light now, not just another pony who I was good friends with, but the pony I could trust with anything.

"Cmon lover boy," she said with a playful wink. "Let's head to Sugarcube Corner. My treat?" She was acting an entirely different way around me now that we were officially together. She was more relaxed and playful.
Smiling in response, I got to my feet and followed her out of the little building and down the road to Sugarcube Corner. Feeling her brush against me once or twice, I ruffled her mane in response as I dropped to my knees to offer a kiss, which she greedily accepted. I could tell that she was happy that I decided to do this, and that I trusted her enough for this to happen. Getting back to my feet, I walked next to her, her two tone mane blowing in the breeze, which only added to her beauty.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Roseluck at her usual vendor. She had noticed me and Minuette together, and made eye contact with me once, before returning to a customer. She offered a simple nod with a half smile before disappearing into the back room of her vendor. That same feeling that I felt before was back again as I met Colgate's eyes once more.

It was healing.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Ah knew it!! Ah just knew it!" Applejack half shouted as she mowed on a cupcake. Pinkie Pie and Rarity could barely contain their excitement, while Rainbow Dash hovered next to the table, giggling her wings off. Twilight offered a wise, yet "told you" smile.

"Ah knew you two were gonna get together sometime! Ya'll are practically made for each other!" She clapped her hooves together and let out a chuckle as Pinkie Pie snorted in excitement.

"I'll say. You two look sooooooo adorable together!!"

"I'm happy for you two, Jackson," said Fluttershy in her usual timid voice.

"I agree," added Rarity. "You two make quite the cute couple."

"Yup, she's my little pony," I said proudly as Colgate scooted closer to me, munching on her cupcake. I felt her blush as she paused to offer her input, but returned to her cupcake almost immediately. The others giggled as they returned to casual conversation, asking me and Colgate questions now and then, but mostly keeping to themselves, except for Rainbow, who, upon making eye contact with me, gave me the same type of wise nod that Twilight gave me.

The day felt different from others, not just because I had a beautiful pony at my side who loved me, but there was something else there.

Underneath all the love.

The conversations between the mares seemed to drag on for hours, until everypony parted ways towards home. All except for me and Colgate. She asked if she could stay a few nights with me, which of course I didn't mind at all. Who wouldn't want their special somepony to hang out at their house for a few nights?

It was sunset before all of us finally got home, and right away I could tell that we were exhausted. I opened my front door and stepped inside, making sure to leave the door open for the blue mare behind me. She bounced around my room and made herself comfortable on my couch while I sat the desk opposite it. On it was a quill, some ink and a piece of parchment.

"Hey," my marefriend said as she appears behind me and hugs me tightly.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I replied, following with a quick kiss before returning to my desk. I grabbed the quill in my hand and began to write my letter to the princess. The light outside was completely gone, all that illuminated my little house was tiny candle at my desk. taking one last glance behind me at the beautiful mare dozing on my couch, I chuckled and focused on the parchment.

Times are starting to look up, I thought with a smile.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Princess Celestia & Luna,

As of late, I have come to a decision regarding the information you had sent me a couple weeks back. Regarding my condition, I would like to know if treatment if possible here in Equestria, even though this is a condition that only effects humans from my knowledge. When I was first told of this condition, I was not all that surprised as I have been dealing with this since I was a little kid.

Moving on to a less morbid topic, I took Luna's advice and found myself that special somepony that makes me feel special in return. Her name is Minuette. I'm sure you know her. I've started to feel a bit of ''healing'' since this has happened. It was almost immediate in fact. Like the final piece of a puzzle falling into place.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your response soon.

Sincerely,

Jackson

Author's Note:

And now the story starts to climb. Jackson has finally allowed love back into his life... but what lies ahead?

Only time will tell. Stay tuned //_^