• Published 26th May 2014
  • 2,413 Views, 44 Comments

A Guitar In A Thunderstorm - Maerx



Can love & friendship transcend not just different worlds, but different species as well? One human is working to solve that problem

  • ...
3
 44
 2,413

Epilogue

Epilogue

Princess Luna stood in the doorway or my hospital room, a warm look on her face as she entered. I smiled, laying my head back in relief as she walked to my side, Colgate nuzzled closely. She told me everything I needed and wanted to know: how the operation was a complete success, the medically induced coma, and what to expect in the future, although I already had a pretty good idea of what was ahead. The doctor had prescribed me some painkillers and put me on a strict no heavy lifting order. I'm not bed ridden by any means.

The princess of the night also went into what I saw during my coma. Apparently, Death had pulled from me life, and had me take a look at events from an outside perspective. She did not ask of what I had witnessed, but simply put that I was meant to see it. Having to stay in the hospital for another week while the doctors for another week, I was comfortable with knowing this and frankly I was glad to be alive. The doctor said that the fatality rate of this type of operation was quite high, and it was even higher due to the fact that I was human. I was very fortunate and lucky to have the doctors that I did perform the surgery, in and of it itself the procedure was experimental at best.

Ponies slowly sifted out of my room, Applejack and Pinkie Pie following Twilight as Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy flew off. Applejack wore a proud and slightly sly grin, typical of her usual self. I was content at that moment; Colgate had gotten up to get back to her office, kissing me goodbye before leaving.

In that moment, the room was quiet. Dead silence. When I first came to Equestria, I feared silence like it was the devil incarnate; always keeping music running in the background, or strumming my guitar until I fell asleep. It was a childish fear, I'll admit that, but everyone has something that they fear; whether it be rejection, love itself, the dark or just being alone. Lily had taught me to break myself out of all categories of stereotypes and create my own in order to fulfill your life's dream.

Laying my head back, I let my eyes slowly close, darkness taking me away from the real world, cradling me in solace. I thought back to all I had accomplished, all I had achieved in my short time here in Equestria. I have to say, my life here is significantly, if not worlds better (no pun intended) of my life back home. A slight smile cracked on my lips as darkness finally claimed me, allowing me to wander my own dreamscape once again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
3 Months Later
_______________________________________________________________________________

Horseshoe Bay looked amazing this time of year, when the chilly winter was fading and we welcomed spring and all its glory. Twilight, myself, Colgate and all our close friends had decided to take this trip, since everyone really needed a rest.

I sat under my umbrella sifting my toes through the warm sand watching the other ponies play. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were engaging a heated game of volleyball, while Twilight sat on the side reading a book, as usual. Fluttershy was off talking to some seagulls, even chuckling at them. Everything was back to normal. After completing my rehabilitation exercises with Luna and the doctors at Ponyville, they had deemed me worthy for everyday activities. I no longer felt any pain in my chest, or shortness of breath.

I felt a soft bump on my back as Rainbow Dash slammed the volleyball into the sand with a thud, cheering joyfully as Applejack remained calm: or at least tried to. Colgate hopped playfully over my back, bouncing happily as she nuzzled my cheek before exchanging a kiss. She was smiling brightly, frolicking on the beach was one of her favorite pass times. Everypony looked so relaxed and joyous I couldn't help but feel myself having the emotions.

Rainbow Dash beckoned everypony to join their volleyball game, which they readily agreed to. Everypony lined up, calling me to join them. As I got to my feet, a gentle gust of wind blew through the beach, swiping my long hair over my eyes.

The late afternoon sun gleamed and bounced off the chain of my necklace, briefly flashing its design on the beach. Still feeling the love and support from it's original owner, I jogged over and joined the game, taking server position on Rainbow's side.

As I took up position, an old Earth phrase passed through my head, causing me to smile and chuckle to myself, old memories glowing in my mind for only a second.



It is foolish to fear what we have yet to see and know.

Comments ( 9 )

Thanks for the story! :pinkiehappy:

~8chill

5144700

No problem! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

this was very nice. much better ending than how you did the previous chapter. we'll be waiting for that sequel.

5145326 Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed the story :twilightsmile:

Great story it actualy got me a bit when he thought he wasnt going to make it (it got kind of hard to understand at one point but it was more my falt)

5383993

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, I understand my writing isn't AAA grade material, I'm still relatively new to this :raritycry:
Anyway, you nailed it right on the head. But, to expand on what you said further, the pony version of "God" wanted to see if Jackson had a clear enough head to make the correct & rational choice. It was more a test of logic then emotional triggers. Outside of that current ''life'', I suppose he was unbound from all ties, therefore completely free to decide. (If that makes sense).

I've started writing the sequel recently here. Go check it out! :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by slendergun deleted Dec 16th, 2014

It was an awsome story wish i could try helping whith the sequel if that was ok

Overall great story! Minuette is probably one of my favorite side characters and always enjoy reading stories of her. Good job! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment