• Published 23rd May 2014
  • 884 Views, 72 Comments

What Happens After Dusk - Tiaa OwO



A group of ponies that you'd never expect together must put aside their differences to defeat a common threat.

  • ...
11
 72
 884

Book One; Chapter Nine

Book One; Chapter Nine
The Ride

Maxii lifted Caramel and carried him with her as she followed Angel. Angel was leading her to the van that would be driving away to Celestia knows where. The older male vampire was carrying Rashel as gentle as he could, cautious of his mentally unstable younger sister behind him. Rashel spat her loosely tied gag out of her mouth and gave Angel a pleading look.

"Please, let me go." she only got a look of indifference. "At least let my boyfriend go. He's just a pony. He can't defend himself against vampires. Please!" She only got silence. Maxii heard Caramel snort at Rashel's lie. Like hell he couldn't defend himself. Ponies definitely had a lot of tricks up their sleeves when it came to fighting against the creatures of the night. Caramel's gag was tight and he was unable to voice his anger at the way his girlfriend was being held against his will. Maxii seemed to find it funny to jostle him around and purposely bang his ribs into her shoulder. As the vampires walked, his anxiety of not being able to escape got worse. He could see the van now. It was a smudgy grey color and the windows up front were tinted darker than normal. Ponies would not be able to see the driver or any captives if they got free and tried flagging somepony. Angel put Rashel in the passenger seat while Maxii threw Caramel into the back. The light brown earth pony grunted as he made impact with the hard car floor.

"Don't go anywhere," Maxii laughed at her own little joke, "Come on, Angel. Time to go." The young vampire slid into the passenger seat with her 'friend' and waited patiently for her brother to get in the drivers seat. Angel started to scold her about her treatment of the captive but she only scowled and argued back.


"Did you see that? Did you see that!?" Simon gasped, totally freaking out. Flash nodded.

"Do you think their going to hurt them? I hope they-"

"Dude, don't tell me what you hope! We're watching kidnap right now!" Flash stood up and flexed his wings. He had a plan. Simon saw the look in his eyes and put up his hands. He wanted nothing to do with any plan of Flash's. Flash grabbed him and rushed up to the van, covering Simon's mouth all the while. He jumped aboard, flapping his wings gently to quiet his land inside the back. He plopped Simon down next to Caramel. The light brown stallion stared, wide eyed, at the unexpected guests.

"Oh sweet Celestia. Please tell me you two didn't get yourselves caught." he sighed. Simon made it a point to turn his head to lash slowly and fold his arms. Caramel narrowed his eyes.

"You're here on purpose aren't you." He said it like a statement instead of a question. Flash shrugged with a sheepish grin. The back door of the van swung shut and Angel got in the drivers seat. He started the car and began the long drive to a place unknown by the ponies in the back.


Blueblood watched the van leave from the top of a building. He stood slowly, to keep his balance and lit his horn. The teleportation spell he was preparing was very hard and complicated, for long distance teleportations took more energy. There was a bright flash of energy and Blueblood disappeared. He reappeared on top of the van, smiling at his own accomplishment. He swung down the back and unlatched the door. As he gently opened it to not alert the two vampires and werewolf up front, the three ponies in back stared up at the unicorn in shock.

"Blueblood!?" Flash exclaimed. Caramel shushed him. "Sorry."

"How did you get caught? You were running around thinking you could save ponies from those leaches, right?" the unicorn asked with a wry smile. Caramel gave a snort. "Did she catch you again?"

"Simon and I actually didn't get caught. We jumped in before they noticed up." Flash folded his arms. Simon nodded in agreement.

"Yea, this guy was already here. How did you get caught, my brother?" he said. Caramel sighed.

"My girlfriend, the black haired beauty, and I were housing Maxii, the lovely *cough cough* insane *cough cough* young vampire up front and Maxii found a way to contact her brother. Maxii decided to give me to her brother for whatever madness the vamps are planning way out here."

"Serves you right. You should've let me finish her off."

"I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that you didn't want to 'finish her' as you say." Blueblood narrowed his eyes.

"And what gave you that idea?"

"The first time I saw you, when she attacked me the first time, she didn't kill you. She let you go. Now, the only explanation for that is that something is going on between you two." The unicorn sputtered angrily and blushed. "From knowing Maxii this short while, I know now that she shows no mercy." Simon and Flash looked back and forth between the earth pony and unicorn.

"That's nice and all but I have a question. Does anypony actually have a plan?" Everypony exchanged glances and Simon sighed. "We're dead. We're so dead." Flash gave him a pat on the back.

"Relax. We'll be out of this in no time."

"Who's the nerd, anyway?" Blueblood snarled. Simon glared at him.

"I ain't a nerd! I am a techno genius." Simon added with a lot of smugness, "Who does a little dirty work on the side, know what I'm sayin'?" Blueblood rolled his eyes.

"Simon worked the computers at the precinct. He's helping me solve the case of the kidnapings. Now, I'm starting the believe that it wasn't ponies after all. It was those sneaky vampires." Flash explained.

"I suspected the same thing. I'm not surprised she's behind all of it." Blueblood huffed. Caramel ran his fingers through his mane.

"Actually, I don't think Maxii's behind all this. She knew about it but there were others actually working this whole operation. Keep in mind that she could be taking us to some random place where she tortures ponies before feeding or this could be an actual lead to the disappearances." The three other stallions murmured in agreement. "Now, we should take turns getting rest and listening out for when we stop. Something tells me there's a long trip ahead of us." Blueblood offered to be the first to look out. He wanted to keep an eye on Caramel. That stallion seemed to know a little too much for his liking. He was like the wise old man and he was the karate kid. It irked him to no end. Blueblood sighed and decided to use his time to create a plan.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the lateness. Please check out my blog tagged to this story and it will mostly explain everything.
Hope you enjoyed!
Plz like, favorite, and comment! Criticism is welcome!