• Published 2nd Jul 2014
  • 445 Views, 1 Comments

Controling the blaze - adaptroug



It's hard being immortal. Even difficulter to be to be cursed to die and be reborn on the spot no matter how hard you try.

  • ...
 1
 445

Burned again

Present day.

I screamed in agony as the fire slowly burned me as Cyber corp. patrol agents watched and recorded every second.




As the agents looked at my charred corps they did not expect me to rise.

"Shit man, He's a zombie," One of them yelled mounting his assault rifle and opening fire on me the rest of them following his lead and opening fire.

Each bullet melted and molded into my reforming flesh.

I walked forward opening my new eyes which changed from an ocean blue to a firry red.

Two of the group started to run but they couldn't run two steps before being talked and killed by two hell hounds.

The leader looked at me and said in a shaky voice, "You're a demon."

I decided to humor him, "Your personal demon," I said as my black pants ,shirt, and hooded lether jacket started to form over my skinless flesh, "So run," I said as the hell hounds disappeared.

The all got in there vehicles and started to drive off, yet when the last car left all of the mafias vehicles caught fire.

I left the sight of my burning to go to the tavern of the Rising Phoenix.


Approaching the Rising Phoenix tavern two guys ran out of the tavern and they looked tike they have been to hell and back not caring that they ran into me they just continued running.

I approached the door and the door slit opened.

"Password," the voice said.

I snapped my fingers lighting my thumb on fire and quickly extinguishing it.

"Welcome back Temp, Kay and Zeak are waiting for you in the library." I said walking in and seeing that the guard was new.

"First day?" I asked taking off my coat and putting it on the empty coat rack.

"No sir," he said, "Today will end my first week."

I nodded my head, "Most new guys quit in that time," I started to walk towards the underground library, "You might want to start combat training for the right to stay."

Opening the door I was immanently wrapped in paper cooling my body temperature before releasing.

"Kay- I know I can burn books by touching them, "I started, But you don't have to attempt to suffocate me every time I enter."

"It's not that," She said walking into my sight, "Cyber corp.'s Cyber Cerberus is on the prowl looking for you again."




Yet another two things that are trying to kill me, yet this one is the newest.

This mechanical Hound that was founded by Cyber corp. had four three bodies that merged into it's primary form.

Yet only one model of this was able to sustain it's self and evolve.

Cyber Cerberus V6.5 beta.

For the past 1000 years the Cyber corp. has been trying to retrieve 6.5 but all attempts were failures.

I've had a few run in's with it but it keeps returning even when I destroy every bit he comes back bigger, faster, and meaner by assimilating newer models.

Yet it's creators are also cursed ones, but unlike the Rising Phoenix they seek to destroy every one that is not cursed no matter the cost.

There leader though Is Maxwell Walker, we know him as Anti.

We used to be allies.

He was the only mortal that didn't fear us, but after he betrayed me 1000 years ago everyone knew his true nature.



"I know," I said, "But at least I can look for the cure to the curse and stop Cyber corp."

"There is no cure," Zeak said forming from the dust on the books and the ground.

"Where there is a will there a way."

"There is just no talking you out of this," Zeak said shaking his head.





I searched through five hundred books not a single one held anything of a cure except one that I could not open that I set aside.

"What is that," Kay asked when she saw the book.

"I thought you knew every book in existence," Zeak cut in coming in from his patrol.

Kay put her hand out to try to break the seal and was met with a small shock.

"KAY!!!" Zeak and I screamed as Kay screamed.

"That book is unlike the others," she said trying to pick it up but it did not budge, "Zeak can you pick it up?"

Zeak tried lifting the book even by using the dust underneath to gain leverage yet it did not move.

"Seems to be cursed," He said backing up.

"Damn it," I said slamming my fist on the desk throwing the book open.

Zeak and Kay looked at the new opened book with shock.

"Not a direct cure," Kay said looking at the book, "But it states six gems of harmony can purge all evil."

"Where are they," I said as She walked into the back room and came back with our personal weapons and a backpack.

"Over three hundred years since we used their magical properties," she said handing me my sword Zeak his gauntlets and twirling her staff.

"Do we get to fight something?" Zeak asked.

"No. Temp," She said turning her head towards me, "You will have to retrieve them."

I was a bit overtaken by this notion and was only able to say "You want me to go into another universe and get the cure."

"Hate to say it, but you are the only one that has the potential and present skill for the job," she said handing me the backpack, "I packed a few bottles of pure alcohol if you need to burn your way out of a situation and some potions that disable your power for a two hours."

"Lets start."

We got into position and opened the gate but our goodbyes were interrupted when Cyber Cerberus broke through the ceiling of the underground library exposing fifty feet of dirt and re-enforced concrete.

I was caught off guard when Zeak and Kay started to attack.

"Run we'll hold him off," kay yelled over the sound of Cerberus attacks.

"If I run he will find a way to get to me!!" I yelled running at the cyber monstrosity being met with a hand coming out of the ground pulling me back towards the gate.

"We will be fine," Zeak yelled, "Trust us."

"No you won't You don't know this beast like I do," I yelled forcing my way through his rock hand melting it as I did so.

I schrged at the beast only for Zeak to grab me and throw me into the gate yelling, "Do not worry about us just go!!!"







I was falling at an extreme velocity through the gate, almost as if I was sky diving from the outer atmosphere of a planet which quickly became what I was doing as I was falling through the outer atmosphere of a planet that from space looked different than home.

There was no smog nor lava fields coating this world.

I quickly realized one thing that was not packed or even mentioned So I started to tuck and roll making myself look like a falling meteorite that was breaking up in a red fire.

As I breached the stratosphere the fire surrounding me started to flicker a white as my body started to morph with the fire.

I looked for the softest place to land and I had two options crash into a house that I was quickly approaching or pull up and fly into the forest.

I decided to take my chances with the trees instead of potentially killing the innocent creatures that seemed to be watching me crash.



Weaving my way through the trees Looking for a place to land I eventually hit the ground skidding to a stop melting and crystallizing some of the ground upon contact.

Getting up I found it a lot harder for some reason until I looked at myself in some of the crystal seeing that my entire body had changed from the fall from human into a white equine form with a few distinguished extra features.

In the crystal I saw I had a horn and my jacked had slightly morphed to fit my new black tipped wings.

I took notice of my mane and tail which both seemed to have been charred black and seemed to have a slight red tone underneath.

I also had a mark on my flank that seemed to resemble the Rising Phoenix logo on my jacket.

"Sometimes I wonder if my powers are just trying to make me look stupid," I said trying to walk taking me just a few steps before finding this new body had some pre-programmed instincts.

I took a vial of alcohol to see If my powers were affected by my new body.

I stepped back as the vial exploded causing the alcohol to cover me and burn in a red fire reverting me back to my normal form.

"At least I know how to revert back," I said to myself.

I looked toward the direction of the village that I crashed away from.

"Some curious creature will look for what crashed," I said forming a little favorite attack I used to defeat Cyber Cerberus 4.2.

I shot the meteor strike where I landed making sure It matched the crater I formed then quickly hiding in the trees.





Waiting until what seemed like nightfall I saw three equine come down a path straight to the meteorite.

The leader of the group seemed to be a unicorn with a purple coat, with a main and tail just a few shades lighter.

The other two seemed to be a cream colored Pegasus and a normal Pink pony.


"Something isn't right about this meteorite," The leader said, "It's trajectory was changed as If affected by magic but there is no magical residue."

"Maybe It was a CRZAYERITE," the pink one said in a voice that would make you want to burn off your ears.

"A crazyerite.... Really Pinkie," The purple one said.



About time I introduce myself