• Published 17th May 2014
  • 3,455 Views, 64 Comments

Rainbow Pie - Dark Nightshade



Rainbow and Pinkie Pie couldn't be any more different from each other than any pony. What happens when they see things through the same eyes?

  • ...
11
 64
 3,455

Adjustments

“Rainbow Dash?” Twilight worriedly asked, waving her hoof in Rainbow Dash’s face. Rainbow Dash had been completely still for about a minute, and Twilight was getting really worried. Finally, she decided to do something a little drastic.

“Rainbow Dash!” she yelled, slapping her across the face. Rainbow Dash finally blinked and stared at Twilight.

“Did...did you just..slap me?” Rainbow Dash asked, rubbing her already pink cheek, which was turning a little red.

“You weren’t moving, I panicked!” Twilight said. “I thought the fusion had done something that might not be fixable!” Rainbow Dash’s pupils shrunk.

“Oh yeah,” she said nervously, looking down at her hooves. “The fusion. It... It’s permanent, isn't it?”

Twilight sighed, looking away. “I’m not sure.”

Rainbow’s eyes widened in horror. “You don’t know?” she yelled. “How can you not know? Your cutie mark is magic itself!” Twilight scowled at the now pink Pegasus.

“I know!” she growled. “I wish I knew more about it, but I don’t! It was originally supposed to make you turn into a griffin, but instead, you got fused with another pony! That shouldn’t have even happened! I did that spell on all six of us before and we turned out fine, so I’ve no clue as to how or why the spell actually fused you with Pinkie Pie this time around. I’ll have to look into this, but in the meantime, don’t leave the castle!”

“Oh... yeah,” Dash grinned sheepishly. “That’s... going to be a problem. You see, I kinda have a date tonight.”

Twilight blinked, before facing hoofing and sighed. “Then let’s hope that this will be quick and we can un-fuse you two! Now, I have to go write to Celestia!”


Rainbow Dash sighed as the purple Alicorn went off. Alone for the moment, she turned to look at a clock hanging on a nearby wall.

I've still got a few hours until my date,she thought. Man, who invented boredom? Suddenly she heard giggling. Kind of. It seemed to be coming from behind her, yet not behind her and when she did look, there was nopony there.

Who knows? she heard a familiar voice say.

“P-Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash gasped, looking around wildly. “Where are you?”

I’m right here next to you, silly! Pinkie exclaimed. Or rather, inside of you! Hehehe!

“Wait, what?” Rainbow Dash asked, confused.

I’m still here! Pinkie said. I’m still in this body, I just can’t move anything.

“That’s good... I guess?” Rainbow Dash said, feeling a small headache coming on from all the over thinking she was having to do. “Twilight’s trying to figure out how to separate us, so the fact you’re still there should be a good sign, right?” Pinkie was silent for a moment.

“Pinkie?” Dash asked, curious as to the silence and worried by it too. When Pinkie went quiet, it was always a reason to worry.

Yeah, that’s what my Pinkie Sense was about, she finally said. It was telling me that Twilight was about to cast a spell that couldn’t be undone and to get you away from it!

Rainbow’s eye widened in horror. “NOOOO!” she wailed as she fell to her knees. “Are you serious about that?”

Yepperoni! Pinkie said, going from sounding depressed to her usual cheery self. So, you got a date with Spitfire tonight, huh? Dash groaned.

"And of course you can read my thoughts.”

It’s more like seeing, actually, Pinkie said. Or thinking? I dunno how it works, really, but yeah, I can tell what you’re thinking.
Before Dash could really worry about the idea of Pinkie Pie, of all ponies, knowing her inner most thoughts, Twilight returned to the throne room, looking depressed.

“Rainbow Dash,” she said, her voice filled with sadness, “I’ve got some bad news.”

“Yeah,” Rainbow sighed, “I know. Pinkie just told me.”

Twilight blinked. “Wait, Pinkie’s still in there?” she asked, starting to get excited.

Yepperoni! Pinkie exclaimed.

Twilight cocked an eyebrow at Dash’s eyeroll. “Is she saying something right now?”

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash grumbled, her pink face turning a little bit pinker as she realized she’d have to talk for the mare. “She just said, and I quote ‘Yepperoni’. End quote.”

“Fascinating,” Twilight put a hoof to her chin. “If only I had a clipboard!”

Oh! Oh! Oh! Pinkie cried, her volume causing Dash to wince. There’s one in your hair!

“What?” Rainbow Dash asked once she’d recovered from the internal ear assault.

Just check your hair! Pinkie chirped. Dash stood still for a few moments, before shrugging, deciding to play along. Meh, it’s Pinkie. She reached into her hair and felt around until her hoof came into contact with something. She grasped it and pulled it out to discover that it was a clipboard. Her jaw dropped as she realized it was actually there, like Pinkie had said and the fact that she’d just done something only Pinkie was ever known for. Twilight gasped.

"You can do that?” she asked. “That must be because of Pinkie!” Rainbow shrugged and looked at the paper that was in the clipboard, before frowning.

“Okay then,” she said, passing it to Twilight. “Pinkie officially freaks me out.” Twilight took the clipboard in her magic and scanned what was on it. She frowned.

“This has information on the fusion!” she looked to Dash, or more specifically, the mare she knew would be seeing her through Dash’s eyes. “That shouldn’t have been there. Even by Pinkie standards!”

Meh, I was able to put down the info onto that clipboard as we fused. Dash could swear Pinkie was mentally shrugging. It’s complicated.

“Yeah, obviously,” Rainbow Dash said. Twilight cocked an eyebrow.

“What?” she asked. Then realization dawned on her. “Oh! Right, you can hear Pinkie.”

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash said.

Hey, what time is it? Pinkie asked. Rainbow Dash sighed and looked at the clock. Wow, isn’t your date in an hour? Dash blinked, before looking to the clock again and her eyes bulged.

“Yeah. Twi, I need to go!” She paused and glanced at Twilight. “Can I go? My date is in an hour!”

Twilight sighed. “If you really think you should, then sure,” she shook her head. “But whoever it is might not believe that you’re you, Dash. You don’t exactly look the same anymore." Dash blink, before she frowned in worry.

“Yeah. You got a point.” She glanced at her flank, before grinning. “Oh, I could just show them my cutie mark. It’s a little different, but it still has the lightning bolt! Once I explain, I’m sure they’ll understand.” Twilight blinked, before facehoofing.

"Well, that show’s you’ve a lot of faith in this pony.” Twilight rubbed her chin for a moment. “I’ll keep studying these notes from Pinkie. The fusion might be irreversible now, but maybe I can figure something out. I did manage to crack Star Swirl’s unfinished Alicorn spell, after all.” She blinked, before frowning “Who is this date anyway?”
Rainbow Dash blushed, not really expecting to have to reveal her love life so suddenly.

It’s Spitfire! Pinkie yelled, causing Dash’s blush to turn into a frown.

“She can’t hear you, remember?” she told Pinkie, before sighing. “Anyway, it... it’s Spitfire.” Twilight nodded.

“Makes sense.” Then she blinked, before giggling. “Well, at least you’ll be able to keep your relationship interesting.”

Author's Note:

This story was originally written by Autum Breeze. Go check her out!