• Published 15th May 2014
  • 553 Views, 16 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Dies in Lava - payasofobia

  • ...
34
 16
 553

The Shy Pony Rises.

Equestria.

Near Fluttershy's cottage.

...................

......................................

.................................................................

A heartbeat.

...................shy................................

...................p...sus...........................

...........fr.....ship................................

A heartbeat.

............Flutters.....! Stop......scared.....

....cute..........furry.............................

......pony............ville..........................

A heartbeat.

...I will always be your.......................

.........harmony................................

....did you see that Flutter....?...........

A heartbeat.

This is the Power....the power of my....

...You are all my........very best.............

....Angel, you are my...animals are my...

Friends.

HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART

HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART

HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART

HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART HEART

HEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEART

HEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEART

HEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEART

Beat.

A hoof shoots out from the earth.

The shy pony rises.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet Apple Acres
Dead of the Night.


"Sis...? I'm scared..." Applebloom said in her sister's embrace. Confused.

"This is the end times. Sweet Lord, it's the end." Grumbled Granny Smith to herself. A big house, with it's small residents, turned to a sort of silent chaos. Fear, palpable. Not even strong Big Mac could hide it.

Applejack was afraid, too. On the other side of the front door were her parents. They stood there, silently, watching. Quietly awaiting their family's warm welcome. The door didn't budge.

"What the heck is going on....?" Muttered Applejack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradley's Bar
Manhattan.

Ever since those weird Pastel Horses invaded, business was down. Barely any visits aside from the odd looter or soldier looking for a break from war. The normally bustling bar was now empty. Old Bradley wondered why he didn't leave the place to start somewhere else,

But then old memories flared inside him. Memories of his father and mother, then wife and daughter. Happiness, a few slip ups. A million faces, drunk yet content, even if just for this instant.

Now he remembered. This bar is home.

*SLAM*

The door opened loudly, the solemn silence, broken. It was Tony Stark, better known as Iron Man.

A welcome customer. Bradley always asked himself why a man as rich as him felt attracted for this rather simple bar. Maybe he went here to escape from all the entitled people a life such as his attracted?

Bradley didn't care much, though. He left good tips, attracted good attention and customers. And money. Lots. Easily made up for his moodier moments, as those ended blowing up his bar.

And now? Tony Stark was this week's only customer.

The Hero Prince shambled forward. He donned his armor.

He was completely covered in dirt, strange spots all over, his hair was undone and he gave a rather hobbish vibe. In short, he looked like shit, and he somehow smelt worse.

"Probably drunk out of his mind already." Not surprising. As usual, it was Bradley's job to think for him.

He took the initiative.

"Welcome to Bradley's Bar, Mister Stark. How may I serve you?

......

"Sir?"

No response.

"....uhh...."

"Well, I'm just going to serve the usual and..."

Wait.

Bradley couldn't help but notice how bad Stark's smell really was. It wasn't merely bad, it smelt rotten.

He looked at his customer again, this time in detail.

"Say, is that blood on you, Mister Stark?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japan.
In The Middle of Nowhere.


Batman, Bruce Banner and Cap had sailed for days now, looking for survivors.

They avoided combat as much as possible, knowing full well that the magical prowess of the pony menace was, quite simply, too much for the heroes to handle. Not even the Hulk could survive getting instantaneously banished into the sun. They should know. They were sailing right on top of the target of one of those spells.

"We shouldn't be here." Bruce Banner was annoyed. He knew this was a waste of time.

"We need to look for survivors." Answered Batman without so much as looking at Banner.

"The whole place was disintegrated. There's none."

"There are." At this, Banner jumped out from his chair, some people would say he did so in anger if they didn't know better.

"Wayne, this is completely pointless! They are dead, they are all dead! Look at the damn GPS, this....!" He looked all around him. "This is Japan! We haven't seen even a speck of dust in this God-Forsaken place, much less survivors!"

"Banner, are you trying to...?"

"Just give up and admit that you don't know what to do! At least then we can start doing something useful!"

And he was right. Batman was lost. The Avengers were dead. The Justice League vanished without a trace. The Outsiders, the Army. All decimated. What was the point? Even if anyone had survived the explosion, they wouldn't have....

No, he had to keep going. If there was someone out there, even one person, he was waiting for them. He had to go on.

His thoughts were interrupted by ringing.

Survivors on the radio? No, it was a phone.

Bruce Wayne's.

Batman looked intently at the ringing phone.

"....aren't you going to answer?" Asked Banner. "What's the matter with you now?"

"Nothing, just...I don't get called much."

"I'm surprised." Said Banner with a hint of sarcasm. But Banner could see there was a lot more to this call.

Batman answers in a chipper tone. "Sup, Bruce Wayne here.

The voice at the other end freezes him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What used to be Japan.
On a small boat.

Captain had decided long ago to take the hands-on approach to recon duty. Sitting on a boat and depending on machines to do his job made him antsy, and so, he took a smaller boat and sailed. He needed action.

Not that he received any.

All that greeted him was the sea and the occasional pile of dirt. And he was supposed to be right in the middle of a city. He decided for a better perspective. He jumped into the water, to see if the bottom was any different.

Cap had prided himself in his superior eye-sight. His swimming skills and sight could, at least, be comparable to those of under-water dwellers like Namor. Or so he liked to think. Which made it hard to believe that he saw nothing at all. Or rather, he saw perfectly well. There really was nothing down there. Nothing at all. Just the empty blue.

Except.

At the bottom.

Black shapes. More dirt? He dived towards them.

There was a lot of them. More than that. They were...

People. They were people. A million incinerated bodies, all floating in the open of the sea. They were....reintegrating. Piling up, grabbing each other.

No, they were not floating.

They were moving. All of them. Towards the Captain. He looked at them.

They looked back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Middle of Nowhere.



"..."

"....Wayne? What is it?"

"It's my parents."