• Published 14th May 2014
  • 10,363 Views, 690 Comments

Keeping your Promises - RaylanKrios



Rainbow and Scootaloo learn that there is more to being sisters than bedtime stories and hugs.

  • ...
10
 690
 10,363

Epilogue

“Bye Rainbow Dash, Bye Fluttershy,” Scootaloo called out as she flew down the path heading towards home.

“See ya Squirt,” Rainbow called after her as she watched the orange filly fade from view.

“You miss her, don’t you?”

“What are you talking about ‘Shy? I see her all the time. She still stays over at my house at least twice a week. She’s going to flight camp this summer, and I’m thinking of applying to be a counselor.”

“That’s great, Rainbow. I’m sure they’ll be happy to have the best flyer in all of Equestria on their staff.”

Rainbow grinned at the praise before the smile disappeared only to be replaced by a much more somber one. “It’s not the same.”

“I know. How is she?” Fluttershy asked, draping a wing around her friend.

“She’s great. Misty has a new boyfriend; I think Scoots is still a little skeptical.”

“Oh?” There was a note of concern in Fluttershy’s voice. She was far too polite to come out and ask if Rainbow thought Scootaloo might be in danger again, but the thought crossed her mind.

“Relax, I checked him out. He seems like a nice guy. He sells farm equipment. I guess Misty met him at some knitting thing.”

“That’s nice. How’s Scootaloo handling it?”

“Like I said, she’s a bit wary. But he’s been good, hasn’t tried to force anything.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Fluttershy said with a smile.

“You think Twilight would let me take Scoots down to the mirror pool? Seems unfair that there can be only one.”

“I don’t think Twilight would be okay with you cloning Scootaloo. But you know Rainbow, there are lots of other fillies and colts that could use a Rainbow Dash in their lives.”

“Eh, I want that one,” Rainbow said with a sad shrug.

“I know.”

“Hey ‘Shy. Can I stay at your place tonight? Mine’s been feeling a bit empty.”

“Of course, I’ll make the couch up.”

Comments ( 74 )

.......SO MANY DAMN FEELS IN THESE FINAL CHAPTERS.... DAMMIT.

5976941 like a bullet man....

I wish there was more :ajsleepy: this was a great story to read thank you RaylanKrios, I hope to see more good content from you :pinkiehappy:

SFC
SFC #4 · May 14th, 2015 · · 10 ·

When are they going to fuck

Much feels
Good AWESOME!
Or in other words an amazing end to an amazing story

5977085 Idk a fanmade sequel i presume
SHIPPING!

5977163 I'm sure it is, but the episode wasn't portraying it any other way.

On one hoof, I'm sad this series is coming to a close. On the other, it did give some closure. So thanks for taking the time and energy for making this for us readers.

5977344 thanks, it needed an ending as all good stories do.

5977056 I've got 10 other stories.

5978151

True, and what an ending it was :twilightsmile:. Now I have 3 Gems and a Scooter to look forward to updating.

Excellent work. Thank you for the time and effort you've out into this story.

I want a Scootaloo Hug to!!! I'm glad everything worked out, especially that Scootaloo is able to fly.

I'm gonna have this smile on my face all day

I love it! :pinkiehappy:

It was an amazing story and I'm looking forward to the next one you have to tell :twilightsmile:

5978501 That's the most likely reason, but the episode never explained it.

EXPLAIN EPISODE! EXPLAIN!

Fine I confess, in my opinion Magical Mystery Cure was the worst episode of the show so far, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Later in the day, Twilight's Tree library blew up.

Words cannot describe my feelings. Maybe sounds can? Let's see
HAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I feel better.
Wow. Just wow. I mean, I've kept up with this since the beginning and, just, damn. It ended on a perfect note and if I had to describe what I loved so much, I couldn't pick one thing. And now that it's finished, it come out of the tracking folder and into the favorites!

You know, i just realized this fic started on May 14, 2014, and ended exactly 1 year later. Was that planned or just a coincidence?

Damn, this was great. Totally a great way to spend class pretending to work while my students take a test. XD

Damn, I just spend the entire day reading this. You really know how to make your story unpredictable, I couldn't guess how it was going to end.
Thank you for writing this, I really enjoyed it.

What an amazing story. Just dripping with emotions! The way you write Dash and Scoots you can feel the pain and anguish that they go through; it's very powerful. I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that this led to much liquid pride being shed towards the end :twilightblush: I also like the way you went about giving Scoots flight. I've seen magic wishes, special physical therapy, wing braces, medicine, whatever, but not something like an actual medical issue/tumor that surgery had the possibility of fixing. Who cares about medical accuracy when we're talking about flying ponies lol
Very well earned spot on my favorites :pinkiehappy:

I'm not gonna cry, not gonna cry, not gonna (gets to final chapter) WAAAAAHH!
Nice story.

6332909 I stand by my writing of AB as fairly level headed in this fic. She's eight but she's got a good head on her shoulders, I don't think that's way out of line.

the ending felt a little meh compared to the rest of the story, but over all, i good read. well done

6426013 You're welcome.
And, on the story as a whole, I think it could work as an actual episode of the show.

Thank you for a wonderful story.

6338168
it has been shown in the show that Bloom is actualy more level headed than AJ is

7047412 Broadly speaking it's a question of motivation, which tends to color their actions. Bullies seek to rule through fear, they tend to be big and physically abusive, mean girls seek to rule through establishing they are the best. They tend to undercut and belittle their victims, I write DT as a mean girl with some bully in her. In both cases it's not the action it's largely the outcome they are focused on.

A maliscously cruel person simply enjoys seeing others hurt.

Make sense?

7182768 yep that's where I got it from.

7182976 Cool, I thought so.

Great fanfic by the way.

6426066 ...because My Little Pony could have an episode about CHILD ABUSE.

7276395 Considering the topics the show has been covering since season 4 began... yeah, I actually think it could.

7489935

Herpa Derp on my part XD. Thanks for the catch :twilightsmile:.

It's what I do. :ajsmug:

7490033
Why wouldn't Celestia do what again? :rainbowlaugh:

7490426 I personally find it to be the best.
What are your picks for the top two?

7490062

cdn-img.fimfiction.net/story/2y6v-1432442861-43218-full

7490064

Because the state of medical magic in Equestria in this AU is horrible. That and their existed no spell to help Scootaloo's wings / flying ability. Even if there were, Celestia wouldn't do it. Since suffering is as important as triumphs for a pony to grow as individuals (paraphrasing her words).

7490486

The answer's super cheesy. Like Nacho Belle Grande levels of cheesiness.

But these last two chapters. Scoots finally being able to fly and having her much deserved moment of triumph. And this ending was just the best for this series. Or at least the series so far.

7491347
No...I meant what was my comment about, again?

7490368
That was back when I found out that my grandmother had cancer, and was going to die in a years time, (she's dead now, by the way...:pinkiesad2:), so excuse me if that one time I wasn't thinking clearly. :ajbemused:

7490269
Yeah, and? They're still blue, aren't they?

7491398

Oh! You caught me saying that Twilight can't do anything, rather than Twilight can do anything.

(An interesting little trick, I don't know if you know or not (or if it's common knowledge) but if you point to your name on a reply. You can see the comment I was commenting on.)

7491407

I've had a few family members die of cancer. And I have another in remission (with a tumor wrapped around her spine) so I can relate. I was taking it (as it was written) as if you were reading a lot of fics that had cancer as part of the story. Which sadly enough there are more than a few that have those (can't remember any off the top of my head. But it's still something I remember being a thing.).

7491412

s.mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1946665-5-zap_apple_discovery_by_joeyh3-d4o031c.png

Nope. But they do have blue on them ^_^.

7491347 Fair enough.
Both are really good, and are probably my second and third favorites (The End being second, and the Epilogue being third)

7490333 I know, that's what I meant, he is vlose to the edge man.

7491457
All right. So about the fact that there are fics on this site with cancer in them...That's really strange, if you think about it. Do horses even get cancer? Even if they did, wouldn't magic be able to fix that? Bonus! Wouldn't being magical come with its own set of painful, terminal, incurable diseases? I mean, sure it wouldn't necessarily happen, but it's still worth thinking about in my opinion. The being magical coming with its own set of painful, terminal, incurable diseases that is.
7491457
About the fact that Zap Apples have blue on them....See? She has to seen a blue apple before! Sure it was also several different colors, but it was still blue as well!

7492480

Well horses can get cancer. and yep there's quite a few unfortunately. If you want I can hunt down some stories.

As for magical illnesses. Well there are a few out there too. Although I not all of them are depressing, a few can be down right adorable, or pretty cute to read.

Although it does open up the flood gates for tons possibilities with magical illnesses and diseases.

Well then.

This weekend, I decided that I felt like reading a fic that's a bit longer.
Found Promises - And it had a completed sequel? Sign me up!

Then, the prequel was so good, that I finished it in one go.
So, deciding to move on to this one, 60k words, I thought I'd have reading material for the whole week. Two days later, I'm here, giving it a fav' and thumb.

Heh. This has been a great ride of different emotions. Your Rainbow togheter with Scoots is as cute as can be, with all their "sappiness". And then you put them and their relationship through the grinder, building further on this amazing bond. Finally, ending it all off on a high-note.

In short, both these fics have been very good reads.
Have two thumb's and fave's, one for each.
:twilightsmile:

7741521 glad you liked them

I loved re-reading the Promise fics. I especially love how this fic ends.

Login or register to comment