• Published 14th May 2014
  • 3,022 Views, 42 Comments

Party of Chaos - Fluffercry



When Fluttershy finds out that Discord never had a birthday party, she convinces the others to help her prepare a party that would be perfect for the spirit of chaos himself.

  • ...
3
 42
 3,022

Everyone Deserves At Least One...

It was a busy day at Fluttershy’s cottage. A large number of her woodland friends were getting ready for mating season and she was helping them prepare their nests. “That should be enough twigs for your nest, right?” Fluttershy asked the bird as she placed the twigs on the branch. The bird nodded and gave a small chirp. “Oh, that’s good. Just call if you need anything.” Fluttershy lowered to the ground and walked inside her home. She’s been working since this morning and since everyone pretty much had everything they needed, Fluttershy figured it would be a good time to take a break. The Pegasus walked over to her couch and lay down with a sigh. Before she could get comfortable the couch began to shake. Fluttershy shot up and hovered over the chair. “That’s strange…why-“The couch began to float and the arms of it stretched out and grabbed the Pegasus. Fluttershy yelped but as soon as the chair pulled her close she giggled. “Discord, you almost had me!”

“Drat! Scaring you isn't easy anymore.” Discord transformed back into his normal form and the two fell onto the floor. “Oops, forgot about the couch,” he said snapping his fingers bringing the couch back.

“I didn't see you this morning. What happened? You didn’t forget about our plans today did you?” Fluttershy asked.
“Of course not…maybe. I was going to show up but I stopped over at Sugarcube Corner to grab a muffin and I caught Pinkie preparing for a party. The next thing I know, I’m helping her entertain some fillies. Sorry for not showing up like I promised,” Discord answered with a frown.

“Oh, it’s alright. I’ve been doing this alone for a long time; it just would have been more fun to have you around. Also, have you seen Angel?”

“Hahaha! I almost forgot.” Discord pulled out a top hat and started to shake it. Angel fell out wearing a tutu. “I needed his help for my performance, although, he’s not much of a dancer.” Annoyed, Angel kicked Discord’s tail and hopped out of the room.

“Speaking of birthdays, when is yours Discord?” Discord looked at Fluttershy with a confused face.

“Birthday..? I’ve been around for YEARS dear; mostly being used as a garden decoration. I can’t recall my birthday at all. Why you as-Fluttershy? Discord noticed that the front door was open. He walked over and looked outside for his friend. “Maybe she needed to help out one of her animal friends.” The Draconequus shrugged and closed the door behind him.

At Sugarcube Corner Pinkie Pie was baking a new batch of cookies for the shop. “The cookies will be ready in another thirty minutes, Dashie!” Pinkie shouted from the kitchen.

“They can’t bake any faster?” Dash groaned.

“Nope, my special Super Yummy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies or S.Y.T.C.C. for short, always tastes better when I take my time.”

While the two ponies are chatting, Fluttershy walks in with Twilight, Rarity and Apple Jack.

“Hi girls! You hear for the S.Y.T.C.C. too?!” Pinkie shouted with excitement.

“No Pinkie, Fluttershy says she has something important to tell us,” Twilight responded.

“Huh, what is it Fluttershy?” The other ponies gathered around the yellow Pegasus wondering what she had to say.

“Does it involve your critters? I can help you make some burrows if ya like,” said Applejack.

“No, the animals are fine. I just found out something terrible!” “What is it?” the group asked in unison. Fluttershy gulped and gave off a look as if someone was in trouble. She took a big breathe and said, “Discord has never had a single birthday party.” Everyone glanced silently except for Pinkie.

“WHAT?! NO BIRTHDAY PARTIES?” Pinkie gasped. “Why didn’t he tell me?! He was helping me with a party earlier today. Is his birthday today? I can throw a party for him if he wants,” the pink pony said as she grabbed a sack of flour.

“Maybe I’m not sure; he doesn't remember his birthday.”

“I thought you had something really important to say, darling,” Rarity sighed.

“Are you kidding me? Rarity, that is important. Everyone deserves at least one birthday party.” Fluttershy looked down, covering her eyes with her wings.

“I’m sorry…I just thought it would have been nice to throw him a surprise party,” she murmured. Twilight walked over to Fluttershy and smiled.

“You know, that sounds like a great idea.”
“R-really?” Fluttershy perked up.
“Yes. Discord is our friend now; since we don’t have to worry about him making a mess of things...well, not so much anyway. I think a party would be nice.” After hearing Twilight’s thoughts everyone quickly changed their minds about the party.

“We should make something spectacular. We should let the whole town in on it,” suggested Rarity.

“Oooh you mean plenty of Discord balloons?”

“No Pinkie. Discord is the spirit of chaos, why don’t we make Ponyville chaotic for a day?”

“That actually sounds like fun! But, only Discord could pull off stuff like that. I doubt we can ask him to play with Ponyville without giving off any suspicions,” Dash said.

“I’m sure Twilight could do it herself. Can you?”

“Rarity I can but are you guys sure? I don’t think it’s all that necessary.”

“I agree, I’m pretty sure Discord would love anything we gave him,” answered Fluttershy.

The others stared at the two with big, puppy dog eyes, whimpering. After a few seconds, Twilight and Fluttershy agreed with the idea.

“Then it’s settled. We’re going to make a chaotic Ponyville for Discord! And I’m in charge with the food. Rarity, you can make the decorations, AJ and Rainbow can help her put them up, Twilight you’re in charge of informing everyone and prepping the town.”

“What about me?” Fluttershy asked shyly.

“You have to distract Discord,” Pinkie smiled.

“M-me? All alone with no pony to help me?”

“Don’t worry, the party isn’t until the weekend. Just worry about it then.”