• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,485 Views, 55 Comments

Diamonds are a girl's worst enemy - Rarity Belle



Follow Rarity when she embarks on an adventure that takes her deep down into the mines below Canterlot in the hunt for gem of times long gone by. The only problem is that she ends up with a lot more then she had originally bargained for.

  • ...
4
 55
 1,485

Act 1 chapter 6

“There is in fact a little matter that you should be worried of. Something has nestled itself deep inside of the caverns. Something that was most likely awaken when the changeling queen attacked up all that time ago,” Celestia said to the unicorn with a clear voice. She even gained the concern in her voice. Luna on the other end continued to hover around the room until she dropped her body back to the ground. Only the sound of her shoes echoed through the room for a moment.

The wings were tucked back against her body and she began to walk down the steps and towards Rarity. The unicorn herself was having a bit of trouble to keep her attention on both of the mares and therefore made the decision to leave Luna. The eyes focused themselves simply on to Celestia herself as the question rolled out of her mouth. “And just what might it actually be that has been awoken down below?”

“Some would be saying it’s the beast below, the very thing on which we all depend in one way or another. But the reality of the situation is perhaps a little bit more light hearted. To a certain extend and degree that is,” said Luna while she walked past Rarity. She then went up on the steps of the throne itself. “We believe that another hive has nestled itself right in the cavers or that they have awoken from there. We don’t have a true clue on which of the two it is and quite frankly, we don’t even want to know.”

“And that is where me and my team are going to be fitting in, don’t we?” Rarity muttered up. She eyed both of the princesses for some rather good reasons. Their safety was literally hanging in the life and those two would always keep something hidden. The last thing Rarity wanted was to die in those caves. “So we are not only battling the caves themselves but also changelings if they are in a bad mood. This job is getting more and more beautiful the more I hear about it.”

The sarcastic words of Rarity seemed to have had little to no impact on the royals themselves as they had expected her to give such a big mouth towards them. Not to mention the fact that they knew that she wouldn't be able to decline their offer and the reward that would be given to each of them was something that would make it worthwhile as well. If they managed to survive that was.

“I think that my sister and myself have told you more than enough for the trip that is about to be made. Meet us both here again tomorrow morning at ten. Then you will be able to meet your team and descend down into the depths of the caverns.” Celestia said as her horn coated itself in the magical golden aura.

Rarity would have nodded to the appointment that had been made before she turned her body back around and started to walk towards the opening door of the throne room. Yet even when she walked away from the two of them there was something deep inside of the mare that was chewing upon her. Something spoke to her that even then there were still secrets left out for her. But she didn't wanted to either accuse or speak it in public with the royals or anypony else.

For it was a trouble on her mind and it was best left that way. And slowly but surely she left the throne room for what it was and ventured through the hallways of the castle itself. The sea of thoughts continued to just ravage through her mind like it was nothing while the worst of the worst eventually did surface. It weren't the most pleasant of thoughts and she rather discarded them in favor for a couple more happier thoughts. Even if it mean thinking back to the time she had spent for nopony else than the royal pain of the family, prince Blueblood himself.

---

The door of the hotel swung open and Rarity trotted inside. She seemed to be without a care in the wide world. Her little vest was removed from the body with the help of her magic. It was levitated over to a chair in the room and placed over it. While she seemed relaxed on the outside, inside her mind did the storm never seemed to have calmed down. “I’m going to need a long, steaming hot, bath,” the mare mumbled to herself. Rarity made a turn towards the bathroom and opened the door with a flick of her horn. Having lost her clothing already, she made the room a bit more helpful for her by placing a towel on the ground.

Only to then step right into the tub and lay calmly down into it. Before she even knew it were the hairs of her tail being met by the warm waters that were used to fill up the bath. Rarity closed her eyes as she placed her forehooves on her chest and a deep sigh of satisfaction was being released through her mouth. “This, this is just marvelous.”

Even with the waters still rising and slowly claiming the mare as theirs, the tab was turned to a halt by one of her hindhooves. The unicorn slid herself a bit further into the waters. The chin barely made a contact with the flat surface of the waters as she kept her eyes closed. All that she wanted was to relax and have the thoughts come to a standstill. Just that little bit of rest before she would be going to bed was all she asked for.

Not to mention the little fact of going to bed clean from the sweat that had been produced during the day itself. It was a minor bonus for her at the moment but still one. Deep in- and exhales were being made by the mare before she felt it finally happening. The moment where she had been waiting for so long.

The whirlwind that was her mind, managed to calm itself down to let her enjoy the bath that she happened to be in. And what was joy that was for both Rarity and her mind.

It would have been many more minutes later when Rarity had removed herself out of the tub. She had wrapped her body in a towel and could be found leaning against a windowsill. Her eyes glanced out of the window and down towards the still busy streets of Canterlot. With the cool breeze that came through the vent above the window tingling her senses, Rarity couldn't help herself but to giggle softly. It was quite the pleasant little view that she had gained from window peeking.

But the one thing that she truly desired was staring right at her back. The unicorn turned herself around before she fell back on all four of her hooves and calmly walked towards the bed as the curtains closed themselves. Among the darkness in the room was the only thing that could be seen, her light blue colored magical aura. But in the end had even that faded out of existence. She had made herself comfortable in her bed in order to sleep through the night.