• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,485 Views, 55 Comments

Diamonds are a girl's worst enemy - Rarity Belle



Follow Rarity when she embarks on an adventure that takes her deep down into the mines below Canterlot in the hunt for gem of times long gone by. The only problem is that she ends up with a lot more then she had originally bargained for.

  • ...
4
 55
 1,485

Act 4 chapter 5

Slowly but surely did the eyes of Rarity open themselves again. But the place she was in, was everything but she had expected to have ended up. Her ears slowly twitched when she caught the rain and thunder going on outside yet her vision was still blurry. An arcane light was shining down her eyes which caused her to turn away. Though eventually she even dared to be looking at the surrounding she was in, and discovered the slow horrible truth.

The place she happened to be in was a room not much bigger than a cell used in the Ponyville guard station. Though something told her that it wasn't the Ponyville guard station for some reason. Her body rolled itself off of the bed and the mare looked around her. The walls with the one door were all black. Something that already eliminated any possible hiding spots for the mare. Thoughts began to course through her mind, wondering about many things at once.

It was only when she turned herself around towards the window that the reality of the situation became apparent. She didn't even wanted to believe it that she had ended up in a place like that, but it seemed like she did. A deep growl was left from the soul of her body before she tried to call upon the arms. Something that didn't really work before she noticed the crystalline dress she wore. “What are we getting to this time?” she muttered. Then she tried to charge up her horn.

Once again there was not a single spark of magic that came to her command, her reservoirs were just as empty as previously in the battle against Twilight. Though upon that memory along did the eyes narrow themselves. “You couldn't have brought me here!” she hissed through her teeth before her bum placed itself back on the bed.

The place where Rarity had ended up was in the maximum secured mental asylum of Canterlot. Only the craziest of ponies would have gotten the chance to end up in there. It was a place many even denied the existence of even. A place so filled with lunatics, that most of the villains Mare-Do-Well fought against, were based upon actual inmates of the place.

It was of course an insane idea already, but it was the actual truth of the matter. As sickening as it sounded or seemed to have been, it was what it was and there was no other way around it. Rarity had ended in the biggest lunatic bin that there within the borders of Equestria and she knew it.

Whatever they would have told her family, she could only hope that they thought she had passed away. The glare within her eyes remained upon the utter insanity that she was boiling with. That was all while plans of escape were already thought about. But if the rumors of the underworld had to be believed, there wasn't a way out of the place no matter how hard one tried. Once locked in there, one would be there until death came for them.

It truly was a fate worse than death that Twilight had given to her. That much she had already discovered. But the matter still remained standing for her to a certain degree. Of course the doctors in the place would try to help her, they always would be doing that. But she found herself a rather special case and therefore didn't even wanted to be helped out.

---

Days slowly had turned into weeks that she had been locked inside of the mental institute. There was nothing to entertain herself outside of her own thoughts. Thoughts of experiments that she could be conducting on her own one way. Perhaps that they would release her one day but the chances were small. She still was just as insane as when she was brought in.

“Doctor, what a pleasant surprise to see you here,” said Rarity when a stallion entered her cell. The time for the talking was there once again and even though she didn't have her arms, she was still a deadly femme fatale due to her charm. “If I may ask, what brings you here today?”

The stallion himself remained standing in the door opening before a deep sigh was released through his nostrils. “Milady Rarity, would you drop the formalities and show me exactly who you are,” he replied to her. Obviously every single pony in the asylum was already informed about her behavior. They all seemed to know what exactly she was hiding from them.

Though that also meant that some of them were still in for quite the little shock. For the mare then turned her expression down to a much more serious one before a growl was released. Not because of the that he spoke his words, but just because one little word instead. One word that caused her to shudder inside. One word to which she doesn't wanted to be reminded off anymore. “Listen to me, herr doctor, the name is no longer Rarity. Consider yourself lucky I am cut off from my magic, or you might have seen the truth about me. Doctor, Rare-opus is the name I now carry from this point onwards,” said Rarity before she rose upon her hindlegs. She wanted to make her posture seem even more intimidating for the stallion.

Yet the doctor didn't gave it all too much attention. He wanted to know the finer detail of everything. He wanted to know one little thing in particular. One thing that might actually have been rather important. “And why did you came to that name decision? You have been saying it against the guards for some time by now but nopony has asked you why. So I do it now, why?”

It certainly was a question that caught the mare completely off guard. Then she dropped back to all four of her legs. Which then resulted in her pacing up and down within the walls of her cell. The silent sounds that she made as the gears turned in her head were perhaps already more than enough for the stallion to get to know the thing.

Yet he wanted to hear it straight out of her mouth to classify just how far she was gone. And finally did the words came from her mouth. “It’s because of my extra limbs. This dress, when given the chance forms four extra limbs that I can control. As for the title of doctor, doctor.” Suddenly she turned her eyes over to the stallion with a smirk.

“It’s because of the likes of you. Ponies who think they can treat me, get me knocked back on the straight path and such. It’s a mockery because you do not see when something fails. I have seen ghosts and goblins in my days of wandering within the caverns below the land. Never expected to become one of them. Out, now.”

It was a command that was better heeded by the doctor. He then left her alone once more. She was a cunning mare, smart and sharp. But still as insane as the day that she was brought into the asylum. An asylum whose very leader had actually a rather special interest in the ivory unicorn.

Nopony truly knew why, but most could already guess it. Rumors did their turn by both the doctors, guards and other inmates but the two never even heard one another. Which made the case perhaps all the more interesting to say the least.

Yet when the doctor was gone, the unicorn herself turned over to the window before she released huge howling roar towards the weather outside. Her eyes looked over to the clouds that were as black as the night before she hissed her words through the jagged teeth. “This isn't over Twilight, even in death you still shall be coming to your end by my hooves and claws. You just wait until I have found a way out of this cursed place!”

Her words were both tough and strong, hiding the broken bits and pieces of her mind. Rarity was a strong mare once, but ever since the collapse, it was only getting worse. Time would be the deciding factor of just when, how and why she would lose her mind completely and become more beast, than sentient being.

“Every soul makes a deal with the devil and when he comes to collect his debt, interest shall be taken when the time is due,” were the last words she growled towards window. Her body turned itself away from the light.