• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,472 Views, 55 Comments

Diamonds are a girl's worst enemy - Rarity Belle



Follow Rarity when she embarks on an adventure that takes her deep down into the mines below Canterlot in the hunt for gem of times long gone by. The only problem is that she ends up with a lot more then she had originally bargained for.

  • ...
4
 55
 1,472

Act 1 chapter 4

All of the clocks inside of Canterlot struck upon the fact that the hour had fallen once again. Four chimes were being made by the bells to indicate the time. For Rarity it was more than enough information. She had been shopping through the busy streets of the metropolis perhaps for a bit more than she would have liked to spend on her trip to begin with. A fact that came because her eyes that weren’t able to let some of the fabric just lying around like that. The unicorn knew that there were still were some minutes left that she could return to the hotel and drop off her things.

Which was exactly the thing that she did. Almost like a pegasus that galloped in order to take off, so fast ran Rarity through the streets in order to make it back to her room. Once the key was finally inserted into the hole and the door being opened for her did she took a deep inhale of the wonderful scents of the place. It was a little habit that she had when it came down to it. An unusual habit for certain but she couldn't complain about it whatsoever.

The bags were simply placed next to the queen sized bed as the horn of the mare discharged itself and she took out a fob watch out of a pocket. The mare looked at the time and knew it was almost there. The meeting with the princesses was about to begin though she still had just that couple of minutes before they would actually start. Something that relieved her a little bit.

Rarity’s eyes looked through the window and towards the castle that was standing on top of the hill. Her lips then slowly but surely curled themselves up into a smile before she gave a nod to herself. The watch was closed again and slid right back into the pocket before the mare left her room. The door fell back in its magical lock and the unicorn simply rushed out of the hotel and towards the castle itself at a calm pace. The last thing she wanted was to arrive out of breath and sweating like mad.

Yet on the other end she couldn't bare it to arrive late as well. She was going for a meeting with nopony else then the two highest princesses of Equestria. A fact that could be causing her to squeal in delight if she didn't remember how to behave like a true lady. And that was something a lot harder than it seemed for the unicorn.

---

In the meantime and in the throne room of the castle were both Luna and Celestia present. They were looking out of the window and towards the skies themselves. “Have faith, sister of mine. I’m certain that lady Rarity will be able to help us in our dire moment of need,” said Celestia herself in a calm, collected tone. She then turned herself around and walked back towards the throne.

“That’s my worry, sister, what if she fails on this quest? What if she doesn't have it in her like we thought that she would have? She may be the daughter of a famous gem-huntress, but that doesn't mean she inherited the same skills as she did,” replied Luna while she remained focused upon the world as it was outside. Though her eyes looked further, further than she ever had gone before. They weren't just staring at the skies, they were staring straight into space itself.

All of the bodies that were present deep in the skies could she feel. All of their motions and patterns like the thoughts in her head. It was only a shame that she couldn't see their colors. “I am only hoping that we didn't send her straight to her death Celestia, it would be a terrible shame of we have to let her join the stars of those past away. Her team is disposable of, you said that yourself but Rarity herself, she needs to live no matter what. If anypony can bring it back, it's her.”

Obviously the trip that was going to be made wouldn't be the most friendly one and it was a fact that both of the alicorns knew about. And as always there would have been details left out on purpose to soothe the ponies that were sent out into the wild. Some called it ridiculous that the royals were acting that way but there wasn't a single soul in the whole of the land that would have been able to make a difference to the two of them.

When Rarity finally arrived in the throne room, she happened to be precisely on time and the doors were being shut behind her. The unicorn turned herself around in order to see just was going on and even released a soft ‘hm’ in response. Though when her head turned itself back towards the throne itself, she caught the sight of both princesses being present in the fullest of glory.

“Fair lady Rarity, it’s a pleasure that you have accepted our invitation to guide an expedition down into the Canterlot mines,” spoke Celestia to her with a smile.

The words were a little bit confusing for the mare as she looked over to the alicorn with a tilted head. “I thought I would be managing it, not guiding it.”

“But with your expertise on the subjects of the gems, your team would be in the best of hooves with you personally down there, right? You know how some of the gems can be poisonous and are actually known to kill ponies faster than any living animal in the whole of Equestria.”

The words were hitting hard against the unicorn as she approached the two princesses even closer. Something about them kept on bugging the unicorn but she had not a true clue of the thing that they wanted from her down there. “Let’s say that I indeed be going down with this team of mine, of which I’m certain you have already assembled for me, what would be the thing that I’m looking for. Or better said perhaps, what we will be looking for? Because between us three, if it is a simple exploration mission, you wouldn't call in the help of a gem-huntress.”

It were words that caused both of the alicorns to chuckle a little bit in a good way against her. Luna simple gave a nod to confirm the words that were spoken by Rarity while Celestia actually replied to them. “What we be needing from you, is to guide an expedition down deep into the Canterlot mines and retrieve something that was thought to be lost long ago. Deep under the very soils that is Canterlot itself, lays a gem whose value can’t be determined. Whose power is nearly unimaginable.”

Before either of the royals could be speaking any further about the duties that had to be done, Rarity would have simply interrupted Celestia. But only when the lady noticed a break in the speech. “Hold one moment here, alright? So basically, what you want me to be doing is to go down there and retrieve this all powerful gem for the two of you?”

“That is very correct, fair lady,” replied Luna to her. She was the first to raise from the throne. “That is indeed what we desire from you and your team.” The lunar alicorn then gently walked down the steps of the throne and started to circle around Rarity in a rather calm manner.

Even though it was calm looking, the nerves could still be felt inside of a pony. But Rarity always had been a bit of a special case when it came down to it. “Make the reward higher by twenty percent, and we have a deal. I want my whole team to be insured in case something happens in this retrieval mission. We don’t want any kind of nasty, accidents.”

Celestia simply gave a nod that the terms were acceptable for her, even though Rarity could hardly believe it. There was something that the royals didn't told her. Something dangerous had been lurking inside of those caves and she preferred to not knowing what.

“Shall we continue then, lady Rarity?”