• Published 1st Jun 2014
  • 1,485 Views, 55 Comments

Diamonds are a girl's worst enemy - Rarity Belle



Follow Rarity when she embarks on an adventure that takes her deep down into the mines below Canterlot in the hunt for gem of times long gone by. The only problem is that she ends up with a lot more then she had originally bargained for.

  • ...
4
 55
 1,485

Act 3 chapter 10

The days had slowly crawled by in the woods of Everfree. Though Rarity had somehow managed to build herself a rather good and even comfortable looking treehouse. It seemed to have been impossible to do, but combined with her magic, the crystalline arms themselves and her still creative mind had succeeded upon something that was thought impossible.

She did make herself a shelter high up in the treetop. The unicorn could be living her days until the time was there to pass on. Everything that she had left behind, seemed to have left her cold. She didn't care anymore about her little sister, she didn't care anymore about her mother, her father, the rest of her friends even. She didn’t even care about her own body anymore.

The situation had become a lot more terrifying to see as the unicorn of grace sat down on her chair and allowed herself to be coiled up by the arms. She was a prisoner of her own mind without actually knowing it. For the step down to the road of madness itself was usually taken without much knowledge to the person who became it. In their eyes it seemed to have been normal.

The psyche of a pony was something always would fascinate even the most brilliant of scholars as it would always find something. Whether that something would have been either good or bad actually remained to be undiscovered in the moment. But for Rarity it was definite bad. Gone was her lady side and replaced with something else.

The head of the mare rose itself towards the window which actually had the moonlight shining right through it as she suddenly spewed her words in an eerie tone. A tone of actual and utter darkness, but also one without any mercy. “I have ended her life, I’m nothing but a stone cold killer, is that what my destiny always had in store for me? How does that part fit right into your grand scheme of everything, Celestia? Luna?” were the words that she said.

Rarity spoke her words almost as if the princesses themselves were there with her in the room. She knew that they could be hearing her in the middle of the night, she practically gave her location away to the both of them. Yet the question that could remain was the one of why? Why would she doing such a thing in the first place? Did she wanted to be captured and brought down before the throne? Or did she wanted to spill more blood?

Nothing the land of Equestria could have been certain just what motives would be driving Rarity from that day onward. In the end stood the mare up again. She had released a deep sigh through her nostrils. The time to gather her dinner had fallen upon her once more. Living in the woods of Everfree hadn't just her personality, but also her manner of eating.

The arms were gently uncurled before they hoisted the unicorn up and they left the wooden building for what it was. With a determined look in her eyes she walked down the vertical trunk of the tree as a menacing grin slowly grew itself upon her face. A grin that eventually led over to the most wicked laughter that she had ever given.

A sound so uncomfortable and filled with madness that it caused the birds in the nearby trees to spontaneously flee the branches they were on. Birds flew into almost every possible direction before the arms finally placed the mare back upon the ground.

---

All the way in Canterlot was somepony watching over the night as it should have been doing. For nopony else then princess Luna was looking through her telescope after she had seen the flock of birds that left all the sudden. It was really a matter of timing that brought the events together. For she had wanted to return to the throne room earlier yet something in her mind spoke to stay.

The voice of her sister had managed to bury itself inside of Luna’s subconscious and asked her pretty much the impossible. But it paid off in a big way. The birds flying away was something that caused the attention of Luna to be focused upon it.

Through her telescope had she managed to witness the last members of the flock to leave before her horn allowed itself to charge up. “There must be something that managed to scare them off that big,” said Luna to herself. Her powers of the night were something not many would have ever expected as there just wasn't much information about it. Though one of her spells allowed her to zoom in even further with her telescope.

While the other allowed the alicorn of the night to look straight through the trees and watch the signs of any living being around there. And that was exactly the thing she needed to be doing, or perhaps wanted to be doing? Not even Luna could tell anymore what was the will of her sister and her own. The two souls had intertwined with one another so much in just such a short amount of time, it was literally impossible to tell who controlled who. If they were controlled in the first place to begin with.

It was a matter that drove the mare perhaps over to nothing else but just sheer madness. Though there wasn't anything she could do against it. It was the way it was whether it was liked or not. Yet there wasn't much that could have ever prepared the princess of the night for the sights she would be seeing through the thing.

One of the eyes closed itself when the horn was discharged. The other eye gently looked through the glasses and into the far distance. Only to see an event taking place. Or better said: somepony walking through the forest, that she never had expected. The mare immediately took a step or two back before she shook her head a couple of times. “But, but that’s impossible, right?” she questioned herself as the images were recalled in her mind.

What she had seen was nopony else but Rarity who wandered through the woods of Everfree. Yet the thing that she didn't notice were the crystalline arms. For some reason, those didn't give off any heat sources as that was the mode with which Luna was looking. “Lady Rarity within the forest of Everfree? That can’t be possible, right? I mean, what does she have to search there in the first place?” Luna was confused to say the least. It made everything but sense to her mind.

It were questions that were on their rightful place for certain. Though perhaps it was also better that Luna wasn't watching anymore. For the thing that Rarity did next, was something no pony should ever have been a witness of.

---

“Come out, come out, wherever you are, I’m just a little hungry,” said Rarity in a sick tone. Her eyes went from left to right. She had opened the hunt on something, that much was certain. The Everfree was wild, untamed and never had much help from the ponies so regular food was perhaps a bit difficult to find. Though the one thing of which the forest had plenty of, happened to be the one thing ponies disgusted.

“There you are!” she then spoke. In a split second had one of her arms reached inside of a set of bushes. The claw could be heard closing around something and the squeaking if a little critter filled the air around her. Slowly but surely did the arm retract itself in order to reveal the catch to the mare. A mare who showed her unbrushed teeth wide.

Teeth that were covered in bloodstains. Rarity had resorted to the one type of food that was considered disgusting for any pony. She had begun eating meat, uncooked, raw, bloody and above all fresh, meat. The critter was slowly squeezed to death like a snake that tightened the grip with every exhale before it was dropped to the ground. Then she began upon her feast.