• Published 13th May 2014
  • 760 Views, 10 Comments

Two Background Ponies Revisit Season Four - Piccolo Sky



With Season Four over, the "Two Background Ponies" go back over all 26 episodes and recap the reactions they've had over the past six months.

  • ...
1
 10
 760

Rainbow Falls

Rainbow Falls

Carl gave Sam a rather sour look as they sat outdoors for one of their regular "cookie-outings".

"This is ridiculous, Sam. You're completely wasting your time."

"Think positive, Carl." Sam answered as he flipped through a rather thick flier. "They're having all sorts of events at the upcoming Equestria Games. After that little trip through Manehattan, we've got to be good at something athletic."

"We haven't so much as played kickball since Freshman P.E., Sam. Why are you suddenly on this health kick?"

The blue stallion paused, and then sighed. "...Alright, if you have to know, cutbacks at work mean we all have to pay our own health insurance now without dental. If we even qualify for something at this thing, we get free maximum coverage courtesy of the Equestrian Games Association for the next four years."

The green stallion hesitated, but then shrugged. "Alright...why not? I mean, the guy with the genetic disorder that causes overproduction of muscle mass while atrifuting his wings made the relay team. Why not us? What have we got?"

"Most of these things are pretty 'intensive'..."

"How about table tennis?"

"Oh...no way. We'd be the only non-Pacesians trying to qualify, and they do that whole 'quillholder' technique. How about equestrian dressage?"

"Sam, you remember me back in senior prom. I'm from the north side of Ponyville. I don't have any rhythm. Say...we were alright at hoofball. We could hook up with that team and let the real athletes do all the work while we're in reserve..."

"Dude...no, look here. When they say 'hoofball' they mean non-Equestrian hoofball. You know...soccer? I don't think I can run for 45 minutes... Look here...water polo. That's easy, right?"

"...You've never seen a horse in deep water before, have you, Sam? You think we can paddle very long with hooves?"

Sam frowned. "Good point." He sighed as he looked through the rest of the flier. "No...no...no...nope...uh-uh...not a chance...way too overweight for that...way too underweight for that..."

"Let's face it, Sam." Carl finally interjected. "The only thing we're good for at the Equestria Games is serving fermented cider or scalping tickets." He paused. "...On that note, how much 'liquid' money do you have on you at the moment?"

Suddenly, the blue stallion's eyes widened. "Wait, right here! We could do this!" He tapped his hoof against the flier, getting Carl to lean over and check it as well. "This is the best job in the entire Equestrian Games! All we have to do is essentially be cheerleaders and do some elementary-school gymnastics stuff! We can even practice it right here in town!"

Carl blinked. "...Really? Let me see..." He looked it over for a moment. "...The 'Welcome Back' Committee?" He turned his head to Sam. "Who exactly are we 'welcoming back'?"

Sam leaned over and whispered in Carl's ear...causing the green stallion's eyes to nearly bulge.

"Seriously?! I thought she was gone forever!"

---

Later that evening, Sam and Carl attended their first practice session for the Welcome Back Committee with the guest of honor herself, raising a certain walleyed pegasus with bubbles for a Cutie Mark on their shoulders and giving three loud cheers.

---

That was terrific!

Yeah, it was!

It was so good…I’m going to bring Derpy in to do the commentary with us!

Good idea! Hey, Derpy! Come on down! Tell everyone what you thought about that week!

…Still doesn’t have a voice, does she, Sam?

Maybe when the world has no more lawyers, Carl.