• Published 13th May 2014
  • 760 Views, 10 Comments

Two Background Ponies Revisit Season Four - Piccolo Sky



With Season Four over, the "Two Background Ponies" go back over all 26 episodes and recap the reactions they've had over the past six months.

  • ...
1
 10
 760

Three's A Crowd

Three’s A Crowd

Ponyville was unusually quiet that day...almost like a ghost town. No pony was out selling apples or other forms of fruit, none of the wagons were running, and none of the shops were open. Instead, everything was completely quiet and abandoned. A single tumbleweed slowly blew by.

After a time, a light "clopping" of horseshoes rang out as a single vermillion-colored pony with a red shirt for a Cutie Mark began to walk down the main road, looking in either direction at how the city seemed to be almost abandoned. He blinked and turned from one direction to another, and finally began to start calling out.

"Uh...hello? Is this Ponyville?" He asked. "Anyone out there? Hello?"

"Psst!"

A loud whisper made the stallion blink, and then look up above. He soon grew more confused as he saw a group of ponies huddled in terror on the roof. One blue stallion with a human ear for a Cutie Mark was looking over the edge and putting a hoof to his mouth to get his attention.

"...What the heck are you all doing up there?" The one on the ground called.

"Dude...shut up!" Sam whispered loudly back in response. "Just get up on the roof while you still can!"

The stallion quirked a brow. "On the roof?" He said at full volume. "What in Celestia's name are you doing on the-"

And that was as far as he got before tentacles erupted out of the ground around him, lashed onto his four legs, and promptly yanked him under the ground into the waiting jaws of a massive, tri-beaked worm.

Sam gave an uneasy grimace as he pulled back, his eyes glancing over the other roofs in town to see the rest of the city populace still perched on them. He turned his head over to a green stallion with a find-the-difference-picture for a Cutie Mark and grimly shook his head.

Carl likewise looked uncomfortable. "If we get out of town alive, I think our tourism industry is dead..."

"Well...at least we know what was killing all of the cows in town..."

"Yeah...plus why the ratio of pegasi to earth ponies and unicorns suddenly spiked... On that note..." Carl looked to the sky and shook his hoof at the last of the distant winged creatures flying for it. "I'll see you all in Hell, you feathered bastards!"
The building they were on suddenly gave a lurch and sank a few inches to the sound of a giant monster growling. Every pony on the roof grimaced in response until it steadied, then gave a glare to Carl.

"Dude, shut up! They're already trying to dig us into the ground!" Sam snapped in response. He sighed and drummed his hoof against his head. "We need to get out of Ponyville... A helicopter is what we need...or a Celestia-damn tank!"

"Wait a minute, Sam...the cat! Could we take the cat?"

"...Maybe if we didn't have to pull it ourselves, Carl. We need something with a motor like those cider salesmen had."

"Oh yeah...right..." Carl thought a moment. "How about a distraction?" He turned his head to a nearby outhouse roof. "Hey No-Neck! Want to make a bit?"

"Ah, eat it!" Came the response.

Carl frowned, and then turned to Sam again. "Can't we get in the basements, lure them in, and then shoot them to death like your future-father-in-law did with that one?"

"We don't exactly have rifles like him, Carl..."

The green stallion sighed. "Damnit, I can't think of anything when my blood sugar is so low! Thanks to these....these...." He thought a moment. "...What do we call them anyway, Sam?"

"Mulegarian Death Worms."

"That's too complicated... Give them something easier...something that ends in '-oid'..."

"Carl, forget the damn name!"

"You're going to be sorry if you don't give them a better name! Anyway...the point being they ruined our cookie outing today and I'm going through a sugar crash! If it comes to never eating another cookie again...I'm just going to grab myself a bottle of diet soda, open it up, breath mints ready to go inside...walk out there and let 'em take me." He grinned devilishly as he looked at the ground. "...Boom."

Sam blinked a moment. "...That's not such a bad idea. Gives me an idea...going fishing like!" He turned to the other ponies gathered. "Anyone got any rope?"

A chartreuse mare with a Cutie Mark of twine immediately rose with a smile. "And my teacher said no one would ever need someone who's talent was weaving ropes..."

---

One hour later, everyone was off the roofs again and looking at two large, bloody, entrail-stuffed craters in the ground. Most of them were covered with bits of entrails, including Sam and Carl as they walked up to one of them, waving their hooves in front of their noses.

"I tell you, Sam...no one handles Mentos and Diet Coke better than we do."

"Yup."

"...Worse thing ever to happen to town?"

"Seeing as Discord didn't leave a stench...possibly. At least it's over..."

Suddenly, another pony came running into their midst.

"Everyone, run for your lives! Global warming has caused every last shark in Equestria to concentrate right in the path of an incoming hurricane, creating deadly tornadoes made up of large, pony-eating sharks headed right for us!"
Most of the citizens screamed and ran...while Sam and Carl slumped for a moment. After a few seconds, however, both of them looked to each other, smiled, and popped another two Mentos before facing the "fourth wall" and grinning.

Mentos! The Fresh-Maker!

---

Ha-ha! But getting serious for a moment, folks…the ability to properly tie rope cannot be emphasized. It’s useful for many applications around the house, important for being able to secure lots of heavy loads that are oversized in moving vehicles, and if you’re every out trapped in the wild, it’s crucial to survival. A good background in tying rope just might save your life one day. So please…make sure you know about how to handle yourself around ropes, and remember that a bad tie could mean the death of someone close to you.

Also…don’t see “Sharknado: The Second One”. Seriously…stop encouraging SyFy to make these things.